PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy The SPHA-T Vehicle From AOTC?

Tycho
06-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I am continuing my vehicle poll thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case The SPHA-T Vehicle From AOTC).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the prequel movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, and the EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner. I've started polling beasts now, leading off with selections from the OT because all the vehicle choices from the classic films have now been polled for. This also now applies to ROTS for certain.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The SPHA-T Vehicle From AOTC?

I was hesitant to poll for the Self-Propelled Heavy Assault - Turbolaser because it is so large and surely a $200 toy at the least. THE PICTURES (below) indicate that it is actually more than twice the size of an AT-TE, but I could see it being made at about the same scale for A TOY.

We have to poll for it being made at this scale level.

The toy would still require 12 articulated legs (in other words, 6 pairs). However, they might be non-super-articulated (like the AT-AP's) and just serve to stand the vehicle. They could move at the hips where they'll connect, and let Hasbro advertise them as being "articulated" then.

From up front, it's obvious where 6 plastic missiles should shoot from. The firing buttons could be hidden underneath the vehicle.

The main turbolaser cannon should raise and lower just like in the movie, and light up and make electronic firing sounds just like the AT-TE toy.

The front cockpit should hold 4 clone troopers. A Yellow (Cmdr), Red (Capt), and 2 Blue (Lt pilots) should man the vehicle. The commander should be the likely pack-in figure (yellow).

The hold could carry troops - maybe up to 20 of them. "Holds 24 action figures" could be the calling card. (Thank you Hasbro promotions - I'll take my check now please. On second thought - no. Just send me the toy!)

I think that the sides should flip up on hinges to access your figures inside, and maybe weapons storage.

There could be an escape hatch for prisoners (captured Jedi after Order 66?) or a place for General Grievous to evade the troops once more.

I don't think the SPHA-T needs more features than this. How about you?

So do you want The SPHA-T Vehicle From AOTC made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Should it appear in the Clone Wars to increase kid-recognition?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
I would be fine with them scaling it way down to around the size of the AT-TE or smaller, but I don't think it has the recognizability of the AT-TE or even the Turbo Tank. Yes, I'd happily get it, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. If they're going to do something similar, I'd prefer they make the cannons from the battle of Christophsis from The Clone Wars movie.

Devo
06-29-2010, 04:04 PM
If I wasn't spending a lot of money elsewhere when it came out then Yes I would quite possibly buy this since I've bought all other Geonosis battle vehicles.

Darth Metalmute
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I would buy this if I found it at half price.

bigbarada
06-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes, I would potentially buy this. I always thought they looked kind of cool and there is some potential in there for a lot of play value for kids or just figure storage. I don't think it needs to be much bigger than the AT-TE either.

JediTricks
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
It's a big walking Jabba's Palace, no thanks. I didn't like the design in the movie, it's so ridiculously large and awkward that it stands out like a sore thumb.

Snowtrooper
06-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Most definitely!! It was one of the vehicles I thought was pretty cool when I first saw AOTC(I liked how it brought down the federation ship). The main gun should light up in a major way, considering the beam it produces in the movie. I'd be satisfied if it was the size of the AT-TE. I have to admit, though, it would be a hard sell, considering its limited appearance.

clone157
06-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes, I would buy this vehicle. I have been wanting it for a long time. It should not be larger than the AT-TE, because the demand vs. familiarity ratio is too low. A $100 version roughly the size of the AT-TE would be fine with me. Figure storage would be nice, and a four man cockpit would be very necessary.

Darth Jax
06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
i'd buy a scaled down version. but would not be willing to shell out the money for a big version.

Maradona
06-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, with reservations. I love the big vehicles and this one is huge, but if it is done disappointingly, I might not support it at full price.

sonofsokol
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I think this would be a really cool vehicle/playset for Hasbro to make. I agree with many others that making it too big would make it unaffordable, but if cost were not an issue, a big one would be really sweet.

mtriv73
06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
This is another case of a ship that would be great to have in titanium scale, but there's no way I would buy in 3-3/4" scale. We only see it once, they'll never make the trade federation starship for it to shoot down, it would be ridiculously large if made correctly and have very little play value.

DarkJedi5
06-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I would buy one scaled down to AT-TE scale or maybe even at the smaller starfighter size but I think the AT-TE would be much better. I think it could be designed to have the play-ability of a tank toy and I think it represents and important component in the clone army. It's even shown up in the Godzilla episodes of clone wars, i believe.

DarkArtist
07-07-2010, 02:38 PM
hard to say.. i think it would have to be in an Ultimate Battlepack with perhaps a squad of new Deco Clone Troopers and maybe a generic Jedi General then it would be a yes...

if it is just by itself then it's a no for me.