PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant Bric and Galactic Battle Mat Mail-Away

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Here (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showthreaded.php?Cat&Number=4241376&page&view&sb=5&o&vc=1) is an image of the mail-away form, which has a photo of the figure. I thought it was going to be a generic clone, but it's a Siniteen, much like Pons Limbic, in some badass armor. I don't give a damn about the battle mat, but this character looks cool. And after Pons' spectacular failure at retail, it's no wonder this is just a mail-away. ;)

Maerj2000
06-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Here (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showthreaded.php?Cat&Number=4241376&page&view&sb=5&o&vc=1) is an image of the mail-away form, which has a photo of the figure. I thought it was going to be a generic clone, but it's a Siniteen, much like Pons Limbic, in some badass armor. I don't give a damn about the battle mat, but this character looks cool. And after Pons' spectacular failure at retail, it's no wonder this is just a mail-away. ;)

Yeah it does look pretty cool. Never seen him before, I guess he's going to be on Season 3 of Clone Wars. So the mail aways this year will be this guy and Boba Fett. And I *just* sent off for that Mon Calamari Jedi. I do love getting stuff in the mail.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-29-2010, 09:40 PM
The form that was with the Aurra Sing figure I received only mentioned the mat and not the figure.

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 03:31 AM
I got 2 new package CW figs today, not only did they have a sticker on the outside advertising the mat and Sgt Bricabrac, but the redemption certificate as well.

Well, at least it's better than Fishy the Worst Jedi Ever.

El Chuxter
07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
They should've called him Corporal Headswap. :p

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Bricabrac seems to be a mix of clone parts, I believe, so he's more Frankensteined than a mere headswap.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2010, 07:27 PM
It looks like he's wearing snowtrooper/Dengar-esque armor, but it's clearly an all-new figure (including the head) as none of those elements have been in the animated line yet.

El Chuxter
07-05-2010, 09:37 PM
The picture looks very much like the existing Brainiac head, though. Could they be using it even though it's not animated-style?

bigbarada
07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
The picture looks very much like the existing Brainiac head, though. Could they be using it even though it's not animated-style?

It looks nothing like the existing Brainiac head. :confused: It's definitely sculpted in an animated style.

figrin bran
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I have 3 forms from recent CW purchase (Aurra, Vizla, Grievous). 2 were only for the mat, the third was for the mat plus Bric but there was no photo of him.

El Chuxter
07-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Eh, you're right. Blame my faulty memory of a figure I haven't gotten around to opening. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Here (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC/Basic/35pons/TLC-1800.jpg) is Pons Limbic, the Siniteen formerly known as Brainiac. Compare it directly with the Bric picture, and you'll see they're quite different. They clearly based him off of Pons Limbic but adapted him into the show's style.

EDIT: Well, now you've seen it by the time I posted this. But now everyone else can, too. :p (He's still rotting on pegs alongside Yarna and the Organas at the Fort Morgan, CO Walmart, if you've somehow missed him. :D )

That's strange about the different forms. I wonder if they'll yield different results?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
JediNews (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=3696) has a color picture of the figure and his card, which shows him as he appears in the show. He's rockin' some funky colors . . . looks cool. There was what appeared to be a glimpse of an Ishi Tib with clone troopers in the Season 3 preview from Star Wars Weekends, so I wonder if they're trying to get more non-humans into the Republic forces (at least from a real-world perspective)?

JediTricks
07-07-2010, 03:26 AM
It looks like he's wearing snowtrooper/Dengar-esque armor, but it's clearly an all-new figure (including the head) as none of those elements have been in the animated line yet.I thought they'd just reuse the Capt Rex Arctic torso, but it's got that long cut out for the neck, so it's not usable here.

I have 3 forms from recent CW purchase (Aurra, Vizla, Grievous). 2 were only for the mat, the third was for the mat plus Bric but there was no photo of him.I got a second CW Grievous in the mail today (before returning him to TRU for money) and the sticker on top was for just the mat. But the other Grievous I got has the Bric picture redemption certificate and the name sticker on the outside.

JediNews (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=3696) has a color picture of the figure and his card, which shows him as he appears in the show. He's rockin' some funky colors . . . looks cool. There was what appeared to be a glimpse of an Ishi Tib with clone troopers in the Season 3 preview from Star Wars Weekends, so I wonder if they're trying to get more non-humans into the Republic forces (at least from a real-world perspective)?He's weird, so very not Clone Troopery. Good find on the pics. I can't imagine how they'll use him as a character. It appears he has a red round logo on each shoulder, I wonder how close that'll be to the Rebellion logo this time around.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-07-2010, 11:35 PM
With the Grievous I got from the TRU site today, it just lists the mat on the package and the order form. I'll wait until I get one that mentions the figure, just in case.

JediTricks
09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Based on this slide, it seems Sgt Bric will be a drill instructor, training the clones:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p36577-star-wars.html

bigbarada
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Based on this slide, it seems Sgt Bric will be a drill instructor, training the clones:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p36577-star-wars.html

I wonder if he'll be voiced by Sgt. Slaughter? :)

JediTricks
09-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Even better? R. Lee Ermey!

bigbarada
09-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Even better? R. Lee Ermey!

Too much of a celebrity, I don't think Lucasfilm would want to fork over that kind of cash to hire him. Considering the state of his career, Sgt. Slaughter would probably do it at a discount. :)

JediTricks
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I still like my idea better.

So, by total coincidence, the Lucasfilm press release for this week's 2 new Clone Wars episodes has come in, and surprisingly enough, the first episode is a flashback to their training days! What a surprise! :p No pic of Sgt Bric yet, but we'll know on Friday. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=57&p2_articleid=3052

On the other hand, here's a pic of Bric with some new Arc Troopers sporting the phase II helmet: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Arcbricscrubber.jpg

JediTricks
09-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Well, instead he was voiced by Larry Brandenburg, and they didn't really get anything out of him I think. The character came off flat and bland, and now I wish I hadn't bothered ordering it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2010, 02:12 AM
The Season 3 (http://starwars.com/video/view/001074.html) trailer from CV shows, at 2:09, what appears to be a Siniteen standing behind Cad Bane, near Jabba. Since Bric is a bounty hunter, it's entrely possible that that's him, and they're not done with the character yet. (It could be just some random guy, but the armor looks close.)

DarkJedi5
09-18-2010, 03:00 AM
The Season 3 (http://starwars.com/video/view/001074.html) trailer from CV shows, at 2:09, what appears to be a Siniteen standing behind Cad Bane, near Jabba. Since Bric is a bounty hunter, it's entrely possible that that's him, and they're not done with the character yet. (It could be just some random guy, but the armor looks close.)

It's really hard to tell but I'd also point out that the animators recycle designs on this show pretty frequently and so it's not impossible they just reused the the character's silhouette as background filler. On the other hand, the character was not at all interesting and I don't really have much of an interest in sending off for this figure anymore.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2010, 04:59 AM
It's really hard to tell but I'd also point out that the animators recycle designs on this show pretty frequently and so it's not impossible they just reused the the character's silhouette as background filler. On the other hand, the character was not at all interesting and I don't really have much of an interest in sending off for this figure anymore.
True, but there doesn't seem to have been as much blatant recycling lately, at least nothing like the Gran wearing Obi-Wan's clothes from the film. You'd think that, if they wanted to use a Siniteen, they'd at least change his clothes, and it looks like they didn't.

DarkArtist
09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
thinking of sending in the form this weekend for him... wasn't really impressed with the character itself in the opening episode of CW but the design is different and would look great as a lackey for Cad Bane.

El Chuxter
09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm considering ordering this figure so I can have him stand over all my Clonetroopers and be an obnoxious, boring p***k.

Blue2th
09-23-2010, 07:50 PM
His breastplate looks like an AT-AT Commander's, with some custom paint on it.

He'll probably get killed off soon. He's the kinda pessimistic character you love to hate.
So far he's outlasted Nahdar Vebb though.

It's ok with me if Hasbro wants to spin off some Clone Wars characters that are forgettable or get killed. Wish they would do a mail-away Jocasta Nu, but she has to be CW animated. :whip:

jonthejedi
10-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Received my Bric & battle mat yesterday in almost mint condition.

Darth Awgmon
10-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Received my Bric & battle mat yesterday in almost mint condition.

Pics would be cool! What do you think of the fig and mat?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I got mine the other day as well. The figure is pretty well done - about par for the Clone Wars course, so nothing outstanding or terrible. I guess it depends on whether you like the character, and I did, even though I know many here did not. The mat is fine, about 12" by 18" or so, with colored locations for the figure stands on one side and 20 generic pockets on the back for figure-carrying, which can be facilitated due to the velcro handles. The mat really isn't something I need since the game is clearly geared towards kids, but it's basically free with the figure in my eyes so it's not bad.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Is he on a CW card? Glad that the COMMtech fad is over? :P

JediTricks
11-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Is he on a CW card? Glad that the COMMtech fad is over? :P
I received mine yesterday. He's not on a card, he's in a snap-close clamshell, the front is glued into the cardboard sleeve for the mat, and the back of the clamshell snaps free.

The figure is ok I guess, works for what it is, doesn't annoy me as much as the character did, but also doesn't really feel like it has a place in my collection. I'm not building a lot of denizens or bounty hunters, so I guess it's just going to stay a curiosity. The funny thing is that it's new right down to the blaster, there's nothing recycled, yet the postage on it cost $5.15, so I can't imagine they're not taking a hefty loss against the other $1.84 they got out of me for the mat, new figure, and packaging.

The mat isn't as interesting in the graphic as I expected, and not flat enough to actually use as a battle mat, but I like the idea behind the carry case - play mat concept.

bkusna
11-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I think I'm going to send away for it tomorrow.....:yes:

DarkArtist
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
got Sgt. Bric on Saturday... he's a nice addition to the lineup of CW figures... I love the CW DL-44 he comes with.. not sure what to do with the mat but I'll hold onto it for awhile.

Tycho
12-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I guess my enthusiasm for this figure is apparent.

I wrote checks and addressed envelopes for 6 Sgt. Bric figures. But I have not been enthusiastic enough to cut POPs yet!

I plan to get to it. Maybe next week...

I am really going to just use him as another alien to fill out "populations" in CW dioramas I one day hope to assemble.