PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Saga Legends Found

sonofsokol
06-30-2010, 12:43 AM
I just found the new Saga Legends in the new packaging at Smith's Market Place in Salt Lake City, UT. This is a Kroger Company Store which is essentially Fred Meyer. They had the new Clone Wars Figures as well. They were priced at $5.79 each as they still have a few of the "happy Organa couple" and a few other Legacy peg-warming favorites. I've posted pics of a few of them below... I had just ordered the CW figures from TRU.com the other day... oh well.

I think the new packaging looks great on the pegs.

EDIT: after opening Bossk , I noticed that he came with the same blasters that the previous Saga Legends came with. If you look at the loose image of Bossk on this page (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=423&p17_start=30), he is shown with a different set of blasters; Greedo however, came with a different set of blasters, but not necessarily the ones shown in his picure...strange :confused:

bigbarada
06-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Those orange accents set off the blue cards pretty nicely. Definitely a good use of contrasting colors to "energize" the overall card design. While the card game might be a silly gimmick, they do a good job of filling that bubble to make it look like a better value. Combine all that with the large reference photos, this might be one of the better card designs I've seen in the modern line so far.

Unfortunately, with this line being $1-2 less than TVC and appearing to be a much better value, that doesn't really fill me with a lot of confidence for the success of TVC.

Anyways, I'm buying Bossk for sure. :yes:

Ando
07-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the pics and the info. Fred Meyer here in Portland had the SL's figures up before the street date when the line reset in Summer 2008, and I loaded up on SBD's and Phase I clones. Those weapon lockers were AWESOME!

Bummer about the guns shown in the pics aren't the one included with what you got. I was hoping to get some extra Republic Commando blasters with the Bossk and IG88 that I ordered from TRU this week.

autumnsdescent
07-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Saw the Obi-Wan repack today at my local TRU. The picture on the card showed the 2005 E3 Obi-Wan but the figure in the package was the Obi from 2002 AOTC with the mullet and little articulation. I know that 2002 Obi is the figure scheduled for release, but I wonder why the call was made for the E3 pic and E3 bio on the character on the package.

sonofsokol
07-01-2010, 04:32 PM
So I opened the Leia in disguise last night and she did come with the Republic commando blasters as seen in the loose image on this page (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=423&p17_start=120). Very strange indeed. Ando, you'll have to let us know if the Bossk and IG-88 you get come with the blasters in the pics or not. I have opened 3 new SL figures so far.
-Leia had the correct set blasters
-Bossk had a completely different set of blasters.
-Greedo had mostly the correct set, but included the DC-15 Blaster Rifle and not the left/bottom pistol shown in the picture on this page. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=423&p17_start=30)

The wrong card art with Obi-wan is interesting too. Strange things are afoot with Saga Legends this year...

DarthQuack
07-01-2010, 04:46 PM
They do look pretty great in the packaging.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do the weapons come in this time? Are they in similar weapons lockers, or something different altogether?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice finds, sonofsokol. Can you send me the link to that wonderful looking website behind the figures? :rolleyes:

I'll look, but not hunt, for some of these figs as I'm in and around stores.

sonofsokol
07-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do the weapons come in this time? Are they in similar weapons lockers, or something different altogether?

No weapons lockers this time. They come in a small plastic bag that is taped closed. :cry: They are located behind the game card with the stand. The locker was cool, but my kids just ended up flattening them anyway. I like that they come with a stand. I can already see that I will have quite a collection of game dice after this is all said and done. Maybe we'll have to come up with a list of other uses for SL and CW game dice.:D

I am sorry that the quality of the pics is crumby... when you see them on the pegs in "real life" they really do stand out and look great. The difference between the SL and CW is pretty obvious based on realistic vs cartoon images on the card, but I am sure they will get mixed up pretty well regardless.

Oh and BCJ, I can't remember the exact address of that website in the background. My computer goes there automatically when I log onto the interweb

sonofsokol
07-03-2010, 02:36 AM
So I purchased and opened an IG-88 today and he came with the same pack of blasters as Greedo from my original post. This is not the set shown in the photos provided by Hasbro a while back. He is pictured with the set that has the Republic Commando blasters... Oh well.

This is my first IG-88 and my first Bossk since the original figures when I was a kid... I am blown away by these 2; they are outstanding figures.:yes:

Edit: I decided to open my phase I clone. He came with the weapons pack with the republic commando blasters in it. Again, different than the pre-release pics.

So far here is what I have found:
Bossk: Pack A
Boushh: Pack C
Greedo: Pack B
IG-88: Pack B
Phase I Clone: Pack C

bigbarada
07-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I think the figure I want most out of this first wave is Bossk. I'd also like to get another IG-88 and hope that he lasts longer than all the previous VTAC ones that I bought. Every single one of the IG-88s that I opened have broken from just trying to move their limbs. Hopefully this new one is more durable.

sonofsokol
07-03-2010, 10:36 PM
This IG-88 does seem a bit fragile... the worst for me so far is his/its left thigh. It kind of comes apart without much coaxing. He displays well, but any playing (especially by a 5 year old) results it a legless droid pretty quick.

Ando
07-03-2010, 11:13 PM
So I found Greedo and Leia/Boush today at TRU. They both contained weapon assortment C (as sonofsokol ID'd on page 1). This is the assortment that contains the Republic Commando blasters as well as the Sandtrooper rifle and assorted pistols.

I am looking forward to seeing what Bossk and IG88 will have for me when they arrive by UPS next week. I also picked up a Snowspeeder and Interceptor Tank. The Snowspeeder is FANTASTIC. I hope that everyone finds what they want with this latest reset.

Happy Independence Day, friends!

Ando
07-09-2010, 12:38 AM
So my Bossk and IG88 arrived today.

Bossk had weapon assortment A and IG88 came with weapon assortment B.

DarkArtist
07-09-2010, 08:24 AM
spotted these yesterday and with the exception of Bossk and IG-88 the rest are an easy pass for me. I might get a couple of clones to make realistic versions of the Clone Wars Captain Rex and Commander Gree but that's about it.

bigbarada
07-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Went back to TRU and picked up IG-88 and Zuckuss on the new SL cards. Still no Bossk figure to be found though. :(

I like the card design enough that I plan to keep these guys unopened for now. Right now this is definitely my favorite modern card design; but that could just be because the look is so new. After a few months of seeing them in every Star Wars toy aisle, that opinion may change.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I saw a few at TRU (that rhymes three times) the other day. They included Anakin, Obi-Wan, Leia, AOTC Clone, Grievous, and Greedo. The only one I'm interested in is the battle droid two-pack, with hopefully corrected eyes.

sonofsokol
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I found Wave 2 of the new Saga Legends at TRU yesterday. I picked up the red battle droid 2 pack and yes JJL, they both have eyes!!!

I find it amusing that they already have wave 2 before wave 1 is supposed to be on the shelves...

Entertainment Earth lists the following figures in wave 2:
1x Darth Vader
1x Yoda
1x R2-D2
1x Shock Trooper
1x Chewbacca
1x Clone Trooper (Episode III)
1x C-3PO (Endor Throne)
1x Clone Trooper (501st Legion)
1x Battle Droids
1x Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot)
1x Han Solo (Hoth Battle Gear)
1x Snowtrooper

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I found Wave 2 of the new Saga Legends at TRU yesterday. I picked up the red battle droid 2 pack and yes JJL, they both have eyes!!!
Awesome! My droids shall be blind no more! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I got the droids for myself a few days ago. They do indeed have eyes, but they're freakin' giant! The necks are also still in the incorrect backwards position. Oh well, hopefully by the time they fix everything then they'll figure out a way to get more variants out there.

bigbarada
09-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, I finally found a couple of Bossk figures with acceptable paint apps. My Walmart reset the Saga Legends pegs last week and got rid of all the red 2009 cards (why it took them over a month after the street date is anyone's guess). However, Bossk seems to be selling at a fairly brisk pace compared to the other figures that this wave comes with (Shocktrooper, Endor Threepio, etc.). I saw 6 of them on the pegs last week and picked up one to be my carded version, then I went back earlier today and found only two left. Fortunately one of them was decent enough to be my opener. The pegs are still overfilled with the other SL figures, so Bossk appears to be the big seller from this particular assortment (at least in my area).

Probably his recent inclusion in the Clone Wars series and the fact that he is the only Bossk figure on the shelves for kids who are fans of the show, might have something to do with it.

It's cool to see a character that I've liked since I was a kid getting introduced to a whole new generation of fans. Hopefully, he'll have a bigger role in season 3 of the show.