View Full Version : Who's new?
07-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I could probably glean this information from other threads, but, because I'm lazy, I won't. And I figure a nice, all-in-one checklist of sorts might be handy for others, too.
Which "Vintage" figures are actually new, for those of us who throw away our packaging and don't care one bit about the throwback cards?
07-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I'll [gasp] ingore that [wheeze] comment about [huff] throwing away packaging... :eek:
From what I've seen, it looks like Han is new, and maybe Leia. I couldn't tell from the other pics, though. Those who've actually gone Rogue 2 ("I've found them; repeat: I've found them" ) might have more betterer views.
07-04-2010, 05:44 PM
From what I understand, (and have yet to get a finger on any new product) the figures with the exception of 4-LOM and Fett are new in some way. The Vader, for example, is less new in that it's the same figure we got two years ago but instead of having a three-piece helmet, they now have a four-piece helmet. Han is also almost new, he includes pieces of the VOTC Han. Dack is also mostly a rerelease, only his head is new, the rest is an old snowspeeder pilot body. I believe the rest are all new.
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
There's a nice little round-up review of all the figures here (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/The_Vintage_Collection_Wave_1_Review_132210.asp). Seems even Fett has some updated deco, only 4-LOM is is a total re-release.
07-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Most of them have at least something new about them. Different people define what's "new" differently, but here's a list of the figures and their changes, from what I've seen (I don't have any of them yet):
1. Dengar - all-new
2. Leia (Hoth Outfit) - all-new
3. Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit) - never-before-released outfit; uses torso and legs from 2006 Endor Han
4. Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - all-new
5. AT-AT Commander - new character; based on Captain Needa sculpt
6. See-Threepio (C-3PO) - all-new
7. Dack Ralter - uses Evolutions pilot body
8. Darth Vader - modified from 2008 Vader; now has three-piece helmet and DVD-accurate blue eyes
9. Boba Fett - same mold as 2007 Evolutions and 2009 Droid Factory versions; more accurate paint job than either version
10. 4-LOM - repack of 2007 figure
11. (Twin-Pod) Cloud Car Pilot - all-new
The rest is based on what Hasbro has said and the images seen so far:
12. Darth Sidious - never-before-made outfit; all-new
13. Anakin Skywalker - based on 2008 Vader; includes new head and added ball-joint elbows
14. Sandtrooper - repack of 2009 Dewback version
15. Clone Trooper - plain white, modified from Gelagrub version (ball-joint hips, removable helmet)
16. Obi-Wan Kenobi - looks to be repack of 2005 Pilot Gear figure with cloth cloak, but unclear
17. General Grievous - modified from 2008 version; includes new head, new cloth cloak, and added wrist articulation
18. Magnaguard - all-new
19. Clone Commander Cody - repack from 2009 LC version
07-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Maybe this is just me, but when will we finally see a Vader that can actually hold his lightsaber in his right hand? They keep using the same Evo Vader with the open hand and it cannot really grip his weapon. This really frustrates me but I guess it doesn't bother too many other people cause no one else seems to be complaining.
End of rant.
07-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, I'd like it too, but it's not like I don't already have several Vaders who can hold the saber in either hand. The feature I really want to see is a hand removable at the proper place, to accurately represent his death scene. Too bad the removable helmet versions have forgotten this lately.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.