PDA

View Full Version : Predators!

jonthejedi
07-09-2010, 02:55 PM
I truly loved this summer movie, which rightfully restores the franchise back to its R-rated roots. Adrian Brody really made a believer out of me. Some nice new design work(Hot Toys...get crackin'). Really makes up for the dismal A vs P series(sorry, I know many of you liked that series). Chime in after you see Predators...the best action movie so far this summer IMO.

DarthQuack
07-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I'll be seeing a matinee tomorrow morning, really looking forward to it!

OC47150
07-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Seeing it tomorrow!

There's a local sci-fi/movie monster convention in my area every May. The Predators' director and makeup artist were supposed to attend, but had to cancel for various reasons (last-minute edits for the director and the makeup artist is working on Walking Dead).

Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News moderated a panel on Predators. About 20 minutes into the panel, Harry called Robert Rodriguez on the phone and did a Q&A session about the movie with him! Very cool!!!!

Ando
07-09-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm going to go see it tomorrow with my brothers in law. I am SO excited!!!

DarthQuack
07-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Just got back from it.....I thought it was eh...there were some good parts, but I had some issues with it that I'll get into detail with my next post after some people see it so we can fully discuss.

OC47150
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good summer action flick. I'd like to see it again.

Minor spoiler alert:

I thought the movie dragged/slowed just a bit during the Laurence Fishburne sequences, particularly when everyone went to Larry's ship. It was interesting to encounter someone who'd been on the planet for some time, but it just slowed the pace of the entire movie.

End spoiler

nohagent
07-11-2010, 06:54 PM
As much as I can say it was not very good, I am happy to say that at least they tried to get back to the roots of what a Predator movie should be. If they can improve on this concept with better writing and better actors then it would be on its way. It was undoubtedly better than any of the other sequels.

Ando
07-11-2010, 09:12 PM
I really enjoyed it and thought Adrian Brody did a great job. There were just enough nods to the first movie to give it a little continuity without being obvious and obnoxious pandering to the fan boys.