PDA

View Full Version : Where in the Cantina is Djas Puhr?

INDIANA
03-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Sorry, I've looked over and over in both editions and can't track him down. Can someone tell me where to look, please.

Lord Tenebrous
03-01-2002, 12:32 PM
I don't think there's ever a clear shot of him. This is the best I can find:

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Blink and you'll miss him!

In the shot where Muftak plays with his little chin-thing, next to Muffy is a Bith (a band guy, but not one of the band) and next to him is Djas.

Lord Tenebrous
03-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Rollo's right. :)

LTBasker
03-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Such a quiet still role... and he's gonna have blasters with blast effects? There something we missed? :D

Beast
03-01-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Such a quiet still role... and he's gonna have blasters with blast effects? There something we missed? :D
Well, Mos Eisley is a "wretched hive of scum and villany" you think someone is gonna be stupid enough to not pack a pair of heaters on them when they go for a drink at the bar? :D I'm suprised with so many having guns, that after Ben sliced off Ponda Baba's arm in ANH, that all of the aliens didn't stand up and point guns at him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2002, 01:39 PM
But you also notice how they all look at what happened and then just go back to their business as if nothing happened.
They are all packing heat and it doesnt concern them, so it means nothing.
Evazan got thrown down and Ponda Baba lost his arm.
Problem solved.

jedi master sal
03-01-2002, 01:56 PM
I don't think they have much loyalty to each other. Besides Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba seemed like pains in the you know where. Everyone in the cantina was probably glad to see it happen with the exception of Wuhrer, who would have to explain it to Chalmun.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2002, 01:58 PM
Touche.
Everyone in that cantina looks out for #1, themselves.
It is just a place to get a drink and sit.
When someone gets in your way, then you have a problem.

INDIANA
03-01-2002, 05:20 PM
Part II...

Is Chalmun(?) ever seen?

Lord Tenebrous
03-01-2002, 06:40 PM
Chalmun? I don't think there's anybody by that name. Perhaps if you describe him, or locate him. (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/index.htm)

For all you diorama builders, I noticed that the upcoming Nikto Jedi can be customized into Kelnor, "a business associate of Zutton, and Takeel's key to a normal life". Anchorhead shall rise again! :D

Jargo
03-01-2002, 07:36 PM
AHHHHH! The wonders of the holiday special. So when are we gonna get that guy that pours his drink into the top of his head? :D I bet Lucas pees himself with gladness thinking about that one. :crazed:

squee666
03-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Judging from the photos i've seen, doesn't Djas Puhr have a Black and White outfit? It looks as though the Hasbro figure is pictured with a bluish-grey outfit. It also seems as though every custom i've ever seen has a black shirt with white sleeves. Not that i'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, It just seems that he's not exactly movie accurate.

Beast
03-02-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by squee666
Judging from the photos i've seen, doesn't Djas Puhr have a Black and White outfit? It looks as though the Hasbro figure is pictured with a bluish-grey outfit. It also seems as though every custom i've ever seen has a black shirt with white sleeves. Not that i'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, It just seems that he's not exactly movie accurate.
It's not exactly not movie accurate. Remember, the lighting used for movies as well as the cameras can really effect a piece of clothing's color. Look at Han: Hoth's jacket color in the movie, it looks like it's dark blue in alot of the shots of it, but in reality is actually a dark choclate brown color. Same thing with Luke: Bespin's fatigues, in the movie they look tan. In reality they are a khakhi color like was used on the 12" figure of him. So I am sure that Hasbro used somthing other then the film image to design Djas' clothing as well as choosing colors. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
03-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Chalmun? I don't think there's anybody by that name. Perhaps if you describe him, or locate him. (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/index.htm)

Chalmun is the wookiee that owns the cantina. Its full name is Chalmun's Cantina. No, you never see him onscreen.

Jek Porky 2002
03-02-2002, 10:37 AM
Wow, an early Nikto, I didn't think they went as far back as A New Hope.

Jargo
03-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Even if the lighting is bad, Djas' clothing is definately wrong on the figure. In the movie he has on a really dark tunic and has white collar and displays nothing more than his chest upwards for all of a micro second. there are some reference shots of him from the shooting of the scene but even then he still looks to be wearing darker than greeny grey clothing.
my guess is that there just weren't any really good reference shots so hasbro did the usual and made it up. it looks okay but I'm still going to repaint mine darker. he just won't seem right to me that light.