PDA

View Full Version : Who is in the Republic? (horrible question, I know)

Toad
03-01-2002, 11:22 AM
I read some thread about Separatists and the Republic. Is Palpatine/Sidious in the Republic, and the 'good guys' are part of the Rebel Alliance? If so, then who/what are the Separatists?

Thanks a bundle boyos.

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 12:46 PM
The (old) Republic is ALL the star sytems in the Galaxy (I'm keepin' this simple EU folks, so don't bring up the Hapes Consortium, The Corporate Sector, the Chiss, the Imperial Remnant etc)

The Republic includes Naboo, Alderaan, Tatooine, Coruscant etc and is run by the galactic Senate which has headed by Valorum and is now headed by Palpatine.

The Separatists are Republic systems (planets) which are trying to break away from the Republic and form their own group (kind of like the Confederacy breaking away from the Union during the civil war).

The Republic and the Separatists fight the Clone Wars. The Republic beats the Separatists but in the process, Palpatine turns the Republic into the Empire.

Some of the (old) Republic systems don't like the Empire and form the Alliance.

The Empire doesn't refer to the Alliance as the Alliance, they call it the Rebellion (or Rebels).

Eventually, in the books, the Alliance defeats the Empire and forms the New Republic.

Beast
03-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Hey Toad, if you wanna know even more about the whole Republic/Separatists deal. I suggest you pick up and read the prequel novel to "Attack of the Clones", "The Approaching Storm". It's a great book so far and really goes into depth exactly what's going on in the galaxy at the time that Episode II is starting. Alot more detailed then just what can be said in the opening crawl. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks