PDA

View Full Version : A Call For Help

WesleySr
07-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I, like everyone here, am a Star Wars fan. I am also a gamer. My system of choice is the PS3. I have played / owned most gaming consoles throughout the years and most Star Wars games. I have become addicted to obtaining trophies on the PS3, which is almost identical to achievements on the Xbox 360. The only difference is that the Xbox 360 has had their achievements since launch and all of their games have achievements. The PS3 didn't start the trophies until a year or so after launch. So here is my problem. Several developers have gone back and released trophy patches for their games, but Tt Games has not. If enough people ask for trophy support, maybe they will take a little time and create a trophy patch. The games are: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga & LEGO Indiana Jones

Please take 2 minutes and go here: Contact Tt Games (http://www.ttgames.com/contact/) and ask for trophy support for those 2 games. Thank you for your help.

And just for reference, here is the message that I sent them:
I am writing you to ask for support for 2 of your products: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga & LEGO Indiana Jones. I am an avid Star Wars fan and video game enthusiast. I own a PS3 and love collecting trophies for games, however these 2 games do not support trophies for the PS3. After checking online, I noticed that both of these games have Xbox 360 achievements which is almost identical to the PS3 trophies. I am writing to beg for a patch to be made available for download thru the PS3, so that these games can have trophies like the achievements of their Xbox 360 counterparts. Thank you for your support and I am very excited about the upcoming LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Here's what I wrote them:

I love your LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones games, and have been with them since the beginning on my PS2. However, on my PS3 now, I find that the games are getting undervalued in the market compared to other video games on the PS3. I have recently learned that the Xbox 360 versions of these titles have Achievements, which work pretty much the same as Trophies for that console. I was thinking if you were to retroactively add Trophies to your titles via the simple patching system (which is voluntary on the PS3), this could add a lot of replay value and drum up new interest in these great games.

DarkArtist
07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
ok. i a little behind the times and all but what is the big deal with Trophies... I have the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3 and got a few of the trophies but unsure as to what they are for...do they unlock something new in the game, give you more life, or powers or something ? just curious... I'm not knocking the trophies or anything just curious as to what they are all about.

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 02:06 PM
No, they are just to show off in your system profile that you got certain achievements. I have 100% of the TFU trophies (yes, my first platinum trophy) but it doesn't get me anything other than bragging rights - some trophies are for merely finishing a level, while others are for doing something unusual or special. It's merely an enticement to get people to replay the games.

El Chuxter
07-16-2010, 03:09 PM
So, it's entirely to show off online?

I know that sounds cynical, which isn't my intention. I'm just curious if there's anything more to them at all.

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Well, some folks like earning trophies, they are fun to get, it's nice to look at a trophy list and see how far along you are, and there are 4 levels of trophies, bronze, silver, gold, platinum so having just a bunch of bronzes is not so amazing. Each trophy adds to your profile's number, I think my PS3 profile is a 7 which seems to be around the range most of my buddies are, but 1 buddy has 20, he's hardcore. You can compare them against your buddies, so you can see which games you both have, which trophies you've earned that they haven't, and what time you earned that trophy.

Achievements like this are becoming the norm in gaming, even in flash games you'll see them, sometimes horribly overused. Yesterday I earned a trophy for winning all 4 types of Bad Company 2 multiplayer games, and a few weeks ago I earned one for stabbing a guy, shooting a guy with a specific type of gun, and killing someone with an RPG in 1 level - that felt super arbitrary. On the other, other hand, I am working on trying to get my BC2 trophy for using the vehicle repair tool to kill an enemy in the head (the trophy is called "The Dentist").

WesleySr
07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, its pretty much for show and its all kept track of thru Sony, as long as you sync your trophies with their online servers. The guy who is #1 currently has 164 platinum trophies (which you receive for obtaining all other trophies in a retail game) and a total of 8,438 trophies.

JediTricks, thanks for sending them a message, send me a friend request on the PS3, my username is the same: WesleySr

JediTricks
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Sure thing, it makes sense, I was recently thinking about getting back into LEGO Star Wars before the Clone Wars game comes out, and this idea would definitely have dragged me into it more. Learning the xbox already has them was the icing on the obvious-cake.

I'll send you a buddy request when I boot it up next time. It'll be from JTMurderface.

WesleySr
07-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Please, whether or not you are a gamer, whether or not you own a PS3, please take a few minutes, go to the website and request trophy support for these games. Thank you very much for your support.