PDA

View Full Version : The Ol' Switcheroo - Gelagrub for $12.90

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Someone at TRU figured out that the ol' switcheroo was pulled on a Gelagrub battle pack, swapping the Clone for a Clone Wars Obi-Wan wearing a helmet, and lowered the price of this crap-pack to $12.90:
http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/JediTricks/?action=view&current=img1279080619489.jpg

I'm impressed that anyone at this TRU was able to put 2 and 2 together on this loser and put it back on pegs as damaged goods at a lower price. This store is notorious at putting those swapped items back on shelves over and over even after being reported.

I still don't want a Gelagrub even at half-price though. :p

El Chuxter
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
I saw a Batman and Plastic Man vs Rubberneck set that had Plastic Man removed. TRU marked it down to $18.90... from $19.99.

So, three figures, and the one that's probably the most wanted from the set (since everyone buying them has Batman already) is worth about 5% of the total price?

El Chuxter
07-16-2010, 04:55 PM
But, honestly, who the hell would want yet another Clonetrooper and not want the Jelly Grub?

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Haw, that Plastic Man is worth a buck nine to TRU, huh? I really hope they eat that whole set and it sits and collects dust for 3 or 4 years at that "discount" price, then someone at the state or federal level charges the company taxes for it sitting over a year.
But, honestly, who the hell would want yet another Clonetrooper and not want the Jelly Grub?
Hasbro thinks most collectors, that thing's ball jointed hip molds are going into the next Saga Legends basic Clones, I believe.

I wanted neither.