PDA

View Full Version : SW Home and Garden

dr_evazan22
07-17-2010, 05:05 PM
I currently live in an apartment, but I've begun the search for a house. Its possible I may've found it already, but I need to at least look a little bit more.

Anyway, in thinking about what colors to paint different rooms and all, I decided that I wanted a room with colors inspired by Boba Fett... I'm thinking specifically of the dark green and dark red colors as being dominant (the green more so), but with accents of the golden yellow and the lighter shade of green in his costume. The accents could just be a little bit trim. I plan on having hardwood floors, so w/w is OUT as a source for color. An area rug is a possibility, tho. Other thoughts to adding color here are thru furniture upholstery, and maybe on tables / entertainment ctr, use legs that are some kind of brushed metal.

My brother has been designing and installing hardwood floors for over 20 years, so I've recently had the idea to have him maybe make a medallion(s) in contrasting color wood for some areas. Idea's here are: an Imp insignia, maybe for the entry way, inside; Boba's bantha skull (either smaller by the entrance to the Boba room, or larger and in the center (if no area rug); and Jabba's symbol (see by my name). Haven't really considered Boba's other symbol, from his chest, that leafy looking thing (it doesn't seem iconic enough). Is there any explanation as to where its from or what it symbolizes?

Have any of you ever done anything like this?

JimJamBonds
07-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Is there any explanation as to where its from or what it symbolizes?

To find that answer one must dive into the world of the EU, a strange place where after you go there you wish you hadn't.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 07:19 PM
For the garden part, you should get the Garden Jawa (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1317578). I'd get one, but would worry that it might get stolen.

dr_evazan22
07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
To find that answer one must dive into the world of the EU, a strange place where after you go there you wish you hadn't.

I checked Wookieepedia, they have a nice image of that symbol, but there was no real explanation for what it means.

The way that article summarizes some of the stories, like the Armor Wars books, it made it seem almost like a decent story. Probably because it was only a paragraph. Those books SUCKED.

I had forgotten about the garden Jawa. I'll have to ask for that as a house warming gift or something.