PDA

View Full Version : 1:6 Sideshow Yoda and Hut

Darth Metalmute
07-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Just saw that these items were available on the front page. They look great, although Yoda looks younger than his ESB version. The hut is amazingly detailed but for 275 dollars, it better come with Luke and Yoda but it doesn't. Instead you get three or four snakes. 70 dollars is a little step for a smaller character (5 more dollars for his legendary snake), but I will pick one up. The hut is another story. I would have pick it up if I didn't use all my points on the Emperors throne.

sebillba
02-19-2011, 06:29 AM
So is anyone else getting Yoda? I think he starts shipping next week, though some people already have him. I'm on the wait list for the exclusive version (with vintage style orange snake), so really hoping I get that one. I also pre-ordered the hut, it looks amazing, but currently in two minds whether or not to cancel... there's not only the price issue (it'll be at least double the purchase price for me, what with shipping and customs charges... in fact play.com have it up for 400, which is around $630!!!), but it's also too tall for most of my cabinets, so I won't be able to display it as I intended. But I want it so much, it's pretty much the ultimate collectible for me!

jedibear
02-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I've got the figure on the way....some shots are appearing online already...he looks good, if not a bit too green (doggone Sideshow factory paint apps strike again! :()...

Gotta pass on that hut...while it looks impressive, yes...too much money for that one, plus...I've got a big centerpiece already with Jabba's Throne so...a cluttered, primitive looking doll house (a well-rendered one, mind you) isn't something I'm wanting to add to the collection, personally. Not knockin' those that do...again, it is a unique environment to offer in this scale, so...enjoy.

I'll get some shots up of our little green friend when he arrives up here.... :)

sebillba
02-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Cool, did you get the exclusive? I decided to cancel my hut after all... I have one cabinet tall enough, but I've just had another measure up, and realised it's not deep enough. There's no way I can justify paying out so much for something I can't have on longterm display, no matter how much I want it. :( Oh well.... maybe I'll be able to pick up some of the accessories from Toy Anxiety.

Looking forward to seeing your photos. :)

jedibear
02-20-2011, 10:30 PM
I got on the waitlist for the exclusive about a day after it sold out at the con and it converted about 2 weeks ago...

sebillba
02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Congrats on the exclusive! I've never ordered direct from SS before, but as I couldn't find the exclusive anywhere else, I got on the waitlist, but it was 2 or 3 weeks after it first went up, and reading back through SGeeks forum, it looks like it sold out on its first day, so I'm not holding out much hope for a conversion.

Jayspawn
02-22-2011, 10:30 AM
In hand pics of Yoda look great! Can't wait to get mine!

jedibear
03-13-2011, 01:11 PM
The Jedi Mentor has arrived....

Good figure.

sebillba
03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Great photos JB, Yoda looks fantastic. I can't wait to get mine, will probably be another couple of months though. I never got the exclusive after all, but I've found a UK seller through SS Geeks, and it should work out about 20 cheaper than buying direct from SSC... as much as I would've liked that orange snake, it's not really worth that much.

jedibear
03-14-2011, 10:35 PM
He is really well done, sebillba. The more I look at him, the more impressed I am.
I lucked out getting the exclusive, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have wanted to have missed out on this figure.
He's tiny, but as he should be... :) Hope you get yours soon...

Darth Metalmute
03-15-2011, 08:47 AM
The exclusive just includes the snake, right? I didn't get the exclusive, but mine came with a snake.

sebillba
03-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes, the exclusive has the extra orange snake, a little homage to the vintage Kenner figure, but both versions come with the brown spotted snake.