PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff at 2010 San Diego Comic-Con

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Pictures are rolling in throughout the interwebs . . . I await SSG's contribution, which has traditionally been the best.

However, based on what I've seen so far, there's a ton of awesome stuff still on the way.

In The Vintage Collection, I see Wooof, Endor Rebel Commando, Jedi Master Yoda (slight redo), Wicket, Admiral Ackbar, ROTJ Luke, Sail Barge R2-D2, and Gamorrean Guard, along with some repacks, like Wedge. Luke looks to be 100% new and much, much better than the barrel-chested 2009 one. The Gamorrean's head looks out of proportion, but the belt is positioned too high here, which might be throwing it off. The new R2-D2 mold has a weird head, but it looks like it has several opening panels and pop-up stuff, which is awesome.

The ROTS figures look great on the cards, from what I can see.

Looks like the Geonosis two-packs will indeed be coming back. So far, I can see Shaak Ti with upgraded articulation, Obi-Wan with a better head, a Rodian Jedi (maybe an update to the 2003 three-pack one), and C-3PO with the battle droid head.

One Hoth battle pack has an AT-ST, two snowtroopers, a cannon, and a new pilot who looks a bit like Robert Watts (who had a cameo as a pilot in ROTJ); the other has a turret repack, new cannon, both 2009 troopers (including the one who got cancelled), and what looks like yet another K-3PO in the build-a-droid mold.

Jabba is $34.99, which is a pretty great price.

For Clone Wars, there's an ARC Trooper battle pack, confirming the rumors about their Season Three appearance. There's also a four-pack of Mandalorian warriors - awesome. Among the basic figures, I see Goji, the clone pilot from The Zillo Beast with the Gojira-inspired helmet - too damn cool!

For vehicles, there's an AT-RT repaint with a Geonosis Boil and a Freeco speeder with a plain Orto Plutonia clone; also an AT-AP repaint, Hyena bomber, and AAT repaint.

Looks like they're doing two packs with a DVD and four figures each. One has Shahan Alama, Robonino, and two Commando Droids from Hostage Crisis, and the other has Rex and some clones from The Hidden Enemy. There are also two packs, one of which has two Senate Commandos and another of which has Cad Bane and an IG-86, and then some other combinations.

I can't wait to see more of it!

DarkJedi5
07-21-2010, 08:33 PM
So far from what I've seen the Gamorean Guard looks terrible. Hopefully JJL is right and a slight readjustment of the belt will correct the issues but he looks too thin and just all-together not quite right.

El Chuxter
07-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Ackbar looks sweet, but that Gamorrean--ICK!

I think they might've mis-spoken on Wicket; the second hood is definitely from the cartoon, not the Ewok movies.

Camie and Fixer... awesome. I want to become an action figure and have little action figure babies with Camie. :love:

bigbarada
07-21-2010, 10:29 PM
That Gamorrean Guard is perfect! :love: I thought he was going to be an improvement, but I never imagined that Hasbro would do such an amazing job on him!

He's obviously missing his fur "skirt" but I'm sure that will be included in the final version.

Hasbro finally made a Gamorrean Guard figure with the correct sized head, plus he comes with all three weapons. This guy looks to be the greatest Star Wars figure EVER! :love::love::love:

Droid
07-21-2010, 11:34 PM
I love the G. Guard. I don't know why some folks don't.

I'll buy all of the Jedi wave except the DSII Luke (I already got two last year). I might buy two of the Jabba.

I'd like to see the Ackbar looking straight ahead to get a better look at the face.

I hope at least one more wave is revealed in the slide show, though I really don't think there will be another figure that I really, really want until Bom Vimdin. Most of the ones I'd still like don't seem to be on Hasbro's radar, particularly since they are doing so many resculpts these days.

I assume they'll reveal the AOTC wave either in the SDCC slide show or at Celebration V. The only figure I particularly still want from AOTC is Cliegg and I don't think he's coming this year or next.

That said, I will be buying figures again once I start seeing the vintage figures in stores, which is good. It's been a pretty long dry spell.

As always, this site has the highest quality photos. Thanks for the hard work guys!

bkusna
07-21-2010, 11:39 PM
seems like a wedge snowspeeder pilot would have been more appropriate than a wedge vintage new hope....see all the pics on rebelscum.com

bkusna
07-21-2010, 11:43 PM
how come yoda and ackbar are so glossy?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Indeed, this site has pulled through with the best, most-detailed photos around. Great work!

The Geonosis sets are . . . interesting. I can't say I blame them for focusing more on the main characers this time. Obi-Wan's new head looks to be an improvement, but Anakin's new head looks off. They're still using the Evolutions body, of which I'm not a huge fan (due to those cheap soft goods). On the card, they're calling the Rodian Jedi, er, "Rodian Jedi," which is strange. Interesting of them to pack Nicanas Tassu with Count Dooku, though Dooku's new head also looks goofy. And since they're doing Nicanas, I wish they had also done Sephjet Josall, the other guy who throws Anakin and Obi-Wan their sabers (speaking of which, I hope Anakin comes with a green one). I like the new droids - I can't tell which mold R2 or 3PO are, but they look awesome. And hopefully the battle droid comes with eyes this time.

I can do without those Legacy of the Dark Side packs, which are all recards. I imagine some people will be happy to see Pre-Cyborg Grievous again.

As for the vintage-packaged vehicles, they both look quite cool. The TIE Fighter is a bit plain, but given that it's a bit different from previous versions (using the awesome center pod from last year), I'll get it, but pass on the snowspeeder (which I got in the normal packaging already).

Since Grievous, Anakin, and Obi-Wan look so awesome on their vintage cards, I'm considering getting those guys to keep carded. I'm not sure when I'd draw the line, though, so I'll see if I'll even begin.

Looks like the new AOTC Yoda has ball-joint knees - awesome!

Chux, they definitely said the Wicket hood would be from the animation. It looks cool to me.

bksuna, it seems like they used a glossy paint for these hand-painted prototypes. I imagine the final versions will look more "normal."

El Chuxter
07-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I must've disremembered. Not like that's been known to happen. ;)

El Chuxter
07-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Woof looks beautiful, and so does the "Bail Organa in Endor Soldier Disguise." :D

That Sidious... holy crap, that figure looks awful. Mostly due to the poorly-matched soft goods.

AmanaMatt
07-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Woof and Ackbar look awesome.....the Endor Rebel looks like he has a head meant for the Clone Wars line

The Jedi Luke looks terrible

G. Guard looks really off...

questorminator
07-22-2010, 12:51 AM
The Jedi Luke looks terrible

Oh you said it. I was mighty disappointed upon seeing it. I hoped that with all those advances in technology and all those promises Hasbro made in "improving" this new version of Luke.

Terrible... Just plain terrible. Sure it's not barrel-chested. But it sucked on pretty much everything.

What does Hasbro have against Luke anyway?

AmanaMatt
07-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Oh you said it. I was mighty disappointed upon seeing it. I hoped that with all those advances in technology and all those promises Hasbro made in "improving" this new version of Luke.

Terrible... Just plain terrible. Sure it's not barrel-chested. But it sucked on pretty much everything.

What does Hasbro have against Luke anyway?

I figured they would at least use the same Bespin Luke head since it looks like the Rotj Mark Hamill anyway, but nope - back to generic looking Luke - the body is thin, but the sculpt is pretty weak. Only figure worse: Yoda....

questorminator
07-22-2010, 12:58 AM
I figured they would at least use the same Bespin Luke head since it looks like the Rotj Mark Hamill anyway, but nope - back to generic looking Luke - the body is thin, but the sculpt is pretty weak. Only figure worse: Yoda....

Methinks I'm just gonna buy this Luke and Kit-bash it.

I'll use the head of Vintage Bespin Luke (assuming they will fit)

And the lower body of Evolutions Luke (colored black).

Say, are these figures just prototypes or this is it?

DarkJedi5
07-22-2010, 01:06 AM
I'd also like to add my thanks to the SSG staff. While they may not be the first pictures up on the web they are hands down the sharpest, most complete collection of photos on the web. Great job guys! This is always one of my favorite weekends....

Also, after examining the fantastic SSG pics I think the 3PO is an SA sculpt giving us our first SA AOTC C-3PO! The set I was most likely to skip is now a solid YES.

AmanaMatt
07-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the pics! They are always nice

DarkJedi5
07-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Woof looks beautiful, and so does the "Bail Organa in Endor Soldier Disguise." :D

That Sidious... holy crap, that figure looks awful. Mostly due to the poorly-matched soft goods.

If you mean the black shawl over the red costume, that's the look they're going for. Check out the Sideshow diorama (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200017&ref=preview_page) for comparison.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Methinks I'm just gonna buy this Luke and Kit-bash it.

I'll use the head of Vintage Bespin Luke (assuming they will fit)

And the lower body of Evolutions Luke (colored black).

Say, are these figures just prototypes or this is it?
They're hand-painted samples. The production versions always look different. I think Luke is quite an improvement over previous versions, so I'm glad to have it. It looks like he has the ball-jointed hip joints, which should be cool.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2010, 02:25 AM
I kind of hope the Gamorrean Guard retains the glossy look. That sort of makes the face more realistic to me.

The carded Darth Sidious doesn't look like the loose one, but it is hard to tell from the picture. The one on RS is a bit more clear and I can see that it looks more like it. The one here is at an angle that makes it look all black and non-soft goods.

And since they're doing Nicanas, I wish they had also done Sephjet Josall, the other guy who throws Anakin and Obi-Wan their sabersI agree. I would rather have seen that than the set with the Rodian, or even the R2/C-3PO set.

Lots of cool stuff. Getting kind of hard to keep up with it all.

Any idea when the convention exclusives will be available online?

bigbarada
07-22-2010, 09:03 AM

That's weird, Wooof is the big disappointment for me in the ROTJ wave. His helmet looks too big for his head and I'm not really a fan of that plain cloth soft goods skirt. If Hasbro was going to go that route, then I wish they would have just done a sculpted plastic skirt instead.

The Gamorrean Guard looks to be the best figure of the show, maybe even best figure of the year. Obviously he's missing his fur skirt, which I'm hoping is going to be a fur like cloth to offset his thin waist. Other than that, he looks absolutely perfect in every way. His head is finally properly massive.

Ignoring some of the weirdness from these being hand-painted prototypes, I'm also pretty impressed with Ackbar, Wicket and the Jedi Luke (who I'm sure has a soft-goods vest that was just forgotten).

AmanaMatt
07-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Ackbar looks really, really good, I must say. Aside from the face, the Endor Rebel looks to have a really nice base body....they got the cute-ness of Wickett down this time, though his body looks really blocky to me.....where's the sculpted fur texturing?

Compare the Jedi Luke to the Bespin Luke...its like night and day to quality. I just dont get how anyone approves of that Jedi Luke, but I am happy if people like it

Woof looks awesome to me...no complaints

I sure hope the missing skirt is just throwing off the look of the Gammorean Guard...while the last one is pretty darn good, we've needed an update to this bad boy

bigbarada
07-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Ackbar looks really, really good, I must say. Aside from the face, the Endor Rebel looks to have a really nice base body....they got the cute-ness of Wickett down this time, though his body looks really blocky to me.....where's the sculpted fur texturing?

Compare the Jedi Luke to the Bespin Luke...its like night and day to quality. I just dont get how anyone approves of that Jedi Luke, but I am happy if people like it

Woof looks awesome to me...no complaints

I sure hope the missing skirt is just throwing off the look of the Gammorean Guard...while the last one is pretty darn good, we've needed an update to this bad boy

I hated the 1997 POTF2 Gamorrean Guard from the very moment I first saw him. I bought one, just to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt, but was never happy at all with that piece of garbage. So I've been waiting patiently for 13 years now for a new Gamorrean Guard and this one turned out better than I could have imagined. :love:

If you look at the attached image, you can see that the proportions of this new figure are just about perfect.

AmanaMatt
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
It does look good...last night, just saw that small waist and was 'concerned' With the skirt, its going to look killer.

Makes me want an all new Weequay skiff master now

bigbarada
07-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Here's a direct side by side comparison and I think, if anything, the helmet is too large.

Again, the thinness of his waist makes me hopeful that we will see actual fur like cloth for his skirt, instead of a disappointing, drab piece of cloth like on that Wooof figure.

Darth Metalmute
07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
It's funny, when you look at the comparison side by side, it looks pretty spot on. But still, something just looks off. I think it's too skinny.

bkusna
07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
skinny for now.....made to accommodate a fur skirt later when finished

Ando
07-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Here's what jumps out at me right away:

- The CW ARC trooper battle pack and CW Mandalorian Warrior battle pack. Two very nice army builder battle packs.

- The close ups on the removeable blade Force FX lightsabers. These are great pictures showing the details including the BELT CLIPS! Nice touch by Hasbro to include the late 1990's/2000's Nokia style lightsaber clips.

The lightsaber hall of fame display is cool as well as the Hoth diorama. That thing is insane. Too bad their playsets (that they don't make anymore) look like that.

El Chuxter
07-22-2010, 12:03 PM
I actually think if you're comparing the figure and movie shot side-by-side, the arms on the figure now look too skinny. And the head's too big, still. It looks to be at least 50% larger proportionally than the movie costume.

bigbarada
07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I actually think if you're comparing the figure and movie shot side-by-side, the arms on the figure now look too skinny. And the head's too big, still. It looks to be at least 50% larger proportionally than the movie costume.

It must just be perceptions, because I think the arms on the action figure actually look bigger than the production still (taking into account the elbow articulation, which is always loose fitting on these prototypes). And the head might be SLIGHTLY too large, but nowhere near 50% too large. Either way, after years of being annoyed at pinheaded action figures, I'm happy to see Hasbro error on the side of making a head too big rather than too tiny.

bkusna
07-22-2010, 12:13 PM
if anything is too small..it's his shoulder pads.....look at the comparison pics....shoulder pads look slightly smaller

El Chuxter
07-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Okay, it is just the shoulder pads, not the entire arms, that are out of whack.

Head still looks way too massive for me. There's no way a humanoid, even one that stocky, could carry around a head that's that big and still be able to guard anything.

I'm not trying to undermine your anticipation for the figure. (Even I will withhold judgment until I see it in person, since even seeing the production samples in person usually isn't the same as seeing the actual figure.)

bkusna
07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
i think we would have to re-examine the whole PIG species again to get the head size right....pigs just have HUGE heads...

El Chuxter
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
But pigs aren't bipeds, and have big heads because of their huge jaw muscles that attach to bones that have no analogue in a normally-built biped.

bkusna
07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
better yet...explain jabba the hutt and his mechanics :)

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
- The CW ARC trooper battle pack and CW Mandalorian Warrior battle pack. Two very nice army builder battle packs.

- I am loving the ARC Trooper Battle Pack. There was a response from Hasbro in the last Q&A asking about the possiblilites of future figures from the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series (emphasis added):

ANSWER: Lucasfilm actually asked us to stop producing figures based on the Clone Wars microseries in order to make sure there is no confusion with the current series. Aside from L8-L9 and K'krukh, who were already in development, we have followed this direction. Captain Fordo will be coming out though, sort of. He will actually be Captain Fordo's body and deco, but will be a generic trooper and not named Captain Fordo, per Lucasfilm's direction. As for future characters from the Clone Wars micro-series, given the aforementioned direction, it's not likely.
- Fordo looks awesome ;)

- I hope that the Mando Warriors get a bit more variation in the final product. They look almost, if not totally identical in the photos.

DarkJedi5
07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I was always under the impression that the Captain Fordo would be in realistic style. I'm honestly heart-broken that it's in the CW style. I was really looking forward to that one but it looks like I'll have to customize it.

bigbarada
07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
But pigs aren't bipeds, and have big heads because of their huge jaw muscles that attach to bones that have no analogue in a normally-built biped.

Well, since we're on the subject of bipeds with enormous craniums, what about Ephant Mon or Hammerhead?
Do you find this acceptable?
http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc10/Sideshow-Star-Wars-01/image6.asp

Star Wars is not about a perfect representation of reality. There has to be a bit of fantasy and whimsy mixed in, otherwise it just becomes Star Trek (while I am a big fan of Star Trek, I like Star Wars for completely different reasons and don't want to see them conformed to each other).

Anyways, I think we can all agree to withhold final judgement until the figure is actually released.

bkusna
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM
YOu speak......and we listen....well said barada

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2010, 04:19 PM
I was always under the impression that the Captain Fordo would be in realistic style. I'm honestly heart-broken that it's in the CW style. I was really looking forward to that one but it looks like I'll have to customize it.
I'm unsure as to which figure Hasbro mentioned. In the first two seasons of the micro-series, Fordo appeared in the standard red ARC Trooper armor; he was released in the Hunt for Grievous battle pack as a named figure, and there are a few other "generic" red ARC Troopers who could pass for him. In the battle of Coruscant near the end of the series, though, he appeared in phase II armor and looked quite a bit like Commander Neyo; this is the version everyone is asking for. So yeah, it would be somewhat disappointing if the animated-style red trooper is what Hasbro meant.

JON9000
07-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I wasn't too thrilled when I heard there would be a new Ackbar figure, but I really think this one is great. I also like how the guard's face has a slobbery wet look.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2010, 09:57 PM
When is the slide show presentation? I've not seen any pictures of that posted here yet.

El Chuxter
07-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I think tomorrow. They usually do it on Friday, Star Wars Day.

DarkJedi5
07-22-2010, 10:45 PM
I read that it's tomorrow from 11am-12pm. Pictures probably will be up before 1?

El Chuxter
07-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Interesting that they said in the panel that the Wedge will be delayed due to a ball joint not fitting. Five months isn't enough to fix it? That's more lead time than I thought.

Also, I figured Wedge would be a straight re-release of the recent Target exclusive. Interesting that he is not.

El Chuxter
07-23-2010, 02:50 PM
And, hey, they just announced Mini Mighty Muggs 3-packs will be coming to Ross next summer for about $5. :crazed:

(Okay, they said Target in October, but no one buys those things, so mark my words: Ross, summer 2011, $5.)

Droid
07-23-2010, 03:15 PM
They said 37 Vintage figures this year. By my count we know of:

1. Dengar
2. 4-LOM
3. Cloud Car Pilot
4. AT-AT Commander
5. Echo base Han
6. Darth Vader
7. Boba Fett
8. Bespin Luke
9. Echo base Leia
10. C-3PO
11. Dak
12. Darth Sidious, Episode III
13. Anakin, Episode III
14. Magna Guard
15. General Grievous
16. Coruscant Clone Trooper, Episode III
17. Sandtrooper
18. Yoda
19. Commander Cody
20. Obi-wan, ROTS
21. Anakin, AOTC
22. Gamorrean Guard
23. Admiral Ackbar
24. D2II Luke
25. Wicket
26. Endor Rebel Commando
27. Klaatu, Wooof
28. Sail Barge R2
29. Wedge

Anyone I'm missing? So there are 8 more figures coming this year we don't know about, some of which are repacks in new packaging?

Darth Metalmute
07-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Was it just me, or did that seem like the least informative power point collection that they have put together?

Remembering last years seemed like there was an excitement quality to it. Maybe it is because nothing they showed us was stuff we didn't know about this year. (or in some cases already bought)

El Chuxter
07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm guessing they're saving everything but the ROTJ wave (and some Clone Wars stuff, which I'm sure they've shown new stuff from, but I haven't paid much attention to) until CV.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah, the panel is disappointing, but it only means I'll get to see more new stuff in person at CV. :D From Steve's description, it sounds like they were just explaining what was shown in the booth. I'd still like to see the thing for myself, though.

Sounds like they're waiting to officially reveal the Slave I battle pack until CV.

Droid, there's still an AOTC wave coming up later in the year. They showed the Anakin and Yoda figures from it (which are already on your list), which I guess are coming earlier than the rest.

EDIT: I see it now. Holy lord God, that Gamorrean Guard looks incredible with his skirt on. :eek: The flamethrower clone's accessory is awesome; hopefully it'll work around the upcoming Geonosian figure. The ROTJ wave looks much better with the non-glossy paint.

DarkJedi5
07-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Gotta say after seeing the pics from the panel, the Gamorean Guard looks much much better with his fluffy pants. I think they'll have to put me down for at least four of those guys.

DarkJedi5
07-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Any idea when the exclusive comic pack is going up on HTS or ShopStarWars.com? I feel like they usually go up before the convention is over but I haven't heard about it yet....

EDIT: Just ordered mine from Star Wars Shop, but they don't seem to be up on HTS yet.

questorminator
07-24-2010, 08:29 AM
They're hand-painted samples. The production versions always look different. I think Luke is quite an improvement over previous versions, so I'm glad to have it. It looks like he has the ball-jointed hip joints, which should be cool.

Oh I hope you are right. The figure is starting to grow on me now. I guess it just took me time to get used to the figure....

tagmac
07-24-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm keeping my eyes open for the Zuckess/4-LOM set. Hopefully HTS will get it in, and I won't miss it, because $43 with shipping is way too much to pay Brians Toys for it.

JON9000
07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
EDIT: I see it now. Holy lord God, that Gamorrean Guard looks incredible with his skirt on. :eek: The flamethrower clone's accessory is awesome; hopefully it'll work around the upcoming Geonosian figure. The ROTJ wave looks much better with the non-glossy paint.

gonna need at least two of those now that he has pants.

DarkJedi5
07-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Can anyone tell me what is on the card in front of the Yoda figure (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/basic-3-3-2f4-22-figures/p33948-hasbro.html) displayed? SSG has two pics but the card is illegible in both of them. I really only ask cause I want the targeted release date, even though it will no doubt be an unrealistic date.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Can anyone tell me what is on the card in front of the Yoda figure (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/basic-3-3-2f4-22-figures/p33948-hasbro.html) displayed? SSG has two pics but the card is illegible in both of them. I really only ask cause I want the targeted release date, even though it will no doubt be an unrealistic date.
From other sites, I can see it says 11/1/10.

DarkJedi5
07-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Interesting... that's the same date they give for the ROTJ wave. Is it possible that Yoda is replacing Wedge in the wave? I can't imagine that they'd be gunning to have both the ROTJ wave and AOTC wave hit at the same time, though it would be great if there were a ton of new figures on the pegs right before the holiday season. I can never remember getting new figures at Christmas as a kid. It was always figures I already had and vehicles.

I also noticed that the bearded Rebel Trooper in the Target Battle Pack seems to have been painted blond. If this is true, even though it's the same figure we've already got, it looks like a different person which is a huge plus in my book. May get two of those sets.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Interesting... that's the same date they give for the ROTJ wave. Is it possible that Yoda is replacing Wedge in the wave? I can't imagine that they'd be gunning to have both the ROTJ wave and AOTC wave hit at the same time, though it would be great if there were a ton of new figures on the pegs right before the holiday season. I can never remember getting new figures at Christmas as a kid. It was always figures I already had and vehicles.

I also noticed that the bearded Rebel Trooper in the Target Battle Pack seems to have been painted blond. If this is true, even though it's the same figure we've already got, it looks like a different person which is a huge plus in my book. May get two of those sets.
I don't think that's the case. A rumor list from Yakface has this case list a few weeks back:

1x Gamorrean Guard (21482)
1x Ackbar (21483)
1x Jedi Luke (21484)
1x Skiff Guard - Wooof (21485)
1x R2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray (21486)
1x Rebel Commando (21487)
1x Yoda with Hover Chair (21481)
1x Wicket & Kneesaa (21488)
1x Rebel Pilot (Wedge) (21489)
1x Clone Trooper (20833)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

Hasbro since said that Kneesaa was dropped. I bet that Wedge will be replaced by a double-packed figure, or perhaps by another figure from a previous wave. Since they're moving away from themed waves, it seems that they're more open to mixing in figures from different movies, even though this might be more an example of putting a figure out one wave early, as the AOTC wave is right after:

1x Zam Wesell (24989)
1x Obi-Wan (24990)
1x Peasant Anakin (24991)
1x Peasant Padmé (24992)
1x Jango Fett (24993)
1x Kit Fisto (24988)
1x Mace Windu (24994)
1x Blue Senate Guard (24995)
1x Super Battle Droid (24996)
1x Grievous with Cape (20824)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

The SKU given for the Evolutions AOTC Anakin re-release at Comic Con is thankfully different from the rumored peasant version, so maybe we'll see Anakin instead of Wedge? Though it does seem odd that they'll release three versions of Anakin at basically the same time, with two from AOTC. I don't know.

DarkJedi5
07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't think that's the case. A rumor list from Yakface has this case list a few weeks back:

1x Gamorrean Guard (21482)
1x Ackbar (21483)
1x Jedi Luke (21484)
1x Skiff Guard - Wooof (21485)
1x R2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray (21486)
1x Rebel Commando (21487)
1x Yoda with Hover Chair (21481)
1x Wicket & Kneesaa (21488)
1x Rebel Pilot (Wedge) (21489)
1x Clone Trooper (20833)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

Hasbro since said that Kneesaa was dropped. I bet that Wedge will be replaced by a double-packed figure, or perhaps by another figure from a previous wave. Since they're moving away from themed waves, it seems that they're more open to mixing in figures from different movies, even though this might be more an example of putting a figure out one wave early, as the AOTC wave is right after.

So where does the Yoda shown fit in? While Yakface listed him in the ROTJ wave, it seems like for now, he isn't intended to be in that wave. He was absent from the slideshow when it seems it would have been pretty easy to fit him in (on the other hand it also seems like it would be pretty easy to fix the slide show so that it had the right wave number and release month when they decided to juggle the waves). I don't seem them double packing a figure to replace Wedge, it seems like it might create difficulties if they have to double production on a figure they hadn't planned on from the get go. Carry forward of an other figure is always possible but if those Yak-lists are right we're already seeing a ton of Sandtroopers and Vaders at that point and I for one don't plan on picking up many figures that are being dragged beyond their initial release. I guess it's just the date on the Yoda that puzzles me. I suppose we'll learn more at CV in some 2.5 weeks but it still feels like a let down since this Comic Con seems to have brought very little in terms of exciting news.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2010, 10:17 PM
So where does the Yoda shown fit in? While Yakface listed him in the ROTJ wave, it seems like for now, he isn't intended to be in that wave. He was absent from the slideshow when it seems it would have been pretty easy to fit him in (on the other hand it also seems like it would be pretty easy to fix the slide show so that it had the right wave number and release month when they decided to juggle the waves). I don't seem them double packing a figure to replace Wedge, it seems like it might create difficulties if they have to double production on a figure they hadn't planned on from the get go. Carry forward of an other figure is always possible but if those Yak-lists are right we're already seeing a ton of Sandtroopers and Vaders at that point and I for one don't plan on picking up many figures that are being dragged beyond their initial release. I guess it's just the date on the Yoda that puzzles me. I suppose we'll learn more at CV in some 2.5 weeks but it still feels like a let down since this Comic Con seems to have brought very little in terms of exciting news.
The Yoda, I'm assuming, is the hoverchair version on that list, as the hoverchair was from AOTC and this is an AOTC Yoda.

I bet they'll consider Yoda part of the AOTC wave, even though he's being released before the others. I don't know how accurate their dates are, so I'm not gonna worry about it now.

I listened to the panel online and it almost sounds like the Slave I was going to be a big reveal for CV before it got spoiled online. Seems like Jabba was supposed to be the same for SDCC, before it showed up online early. But they said there are still surprises we haven't yet heard about, so hopefully that's true.

bigbarada
07-24-2010, 10:40 PM
From other sites, I can see it says 11/1/10.

Do we need to ask Hasbro why the little cards with the ROTJ figures say that they will be released on 11/1/10, but the slideshow says that the ROTJ wave will be released in January (as wave 5)? :confused:

I really hope we don't have to wait until January. :(

DarkJedi5
07-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Do we need to ask Hasbro why the little cards with the ROTJ figures say that they will be released on 11/1/10, but the slideshow says that the ROTJ wave will be released in January (as wave 5)? :confused:

I really hope we don't have to wait until January. :(

They talked about that in the slide show (check sirsteve's write-up), basically this was supposed to be wave 5 in January (which is what the slides say) but they juggled the line up and brought it out earlier, probably to go with the Jabba or something like that.

sebillba
07-25-2010, 10:06 AM
That's weird, Wooof is the big disappointment for me in the ROTJ wave. His helmet looks too big for his head and I'm not really a fan of that plain cloth soft goods skirt. If Hasbro was going to go that route, then I wish they would have just done a sculpted plastic skirt instead.

This (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc10/Hasbropanel/Picture5.jpg) picture shows a thicker skirt, more of a sheepskin look. The helmet still looks too big for his head though.

bigbarada
07-25-2010, 02:45 PM
They talked about that in the slide show (check sirsteve's write-up), basically this was supposed to be wave 5 in January (which is what the slides say) but they juggled the line up and brought it out earlier, probably to go with the Jabba or something like that.

Whoops, I guess I should have read Steve's write up. :o I just glanced over the slideshow images before I had to go to work.

I'm really glad that they moved it up because it looks like the alternative was that we would get an ROTS wave, an AOTC wave and a TPM wave back to back through the rest of the year. I would have been EXTREMELY annoyed at getting three prequel waves back to back before we got to any more OT figures.

This (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc10/Hasbropanel/Picture5.jpg) picture shows a thicker skirt, more of a sheepskin look. The helmet still looks too big for his head though.

Yeah, that slideshow images does look a lot better. I'm wondering if they just cut out a piece of cloth from some existing fabric for the SDCC prototype. Hopefully the production version will look more like the slideshow. Also the helmet is definitely too big, but production figures tend to be a little "tighter" all around when compared to prototypes, so hopefully it fits properly when we see him in the stores (also, sitting it properly on his head will make a world of difference).

DarkArtist
08-04-2010, 02:12 PM
received the SDCC exclusive Visionaries Comic Set in the mail today...can't wait to open it up and check out the details on the figures...:thumbsup: