PDA

View Full Version : eFX Darth Vader ANH helmet

sergiurusu
07-23-2010, 08:09 AM
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g6004-efx-collectibles.html

eFX: This is one of the most exciting products that we have ever announced! The long anticipated original Darth Vader Helmet from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope . What makes this product so exciting (other than the fact that it is DARTH VADER !) is the history, the mystery and the lore behind the original prop. With the help of the Lucasfilm archives, we discovered a truly lost treasure! We actually found, what we believe, are the original molds made by Rick Baker of one of the original Darth Vader helmets from the long lost original molds in 1977! Incredibly, Lucasfilm allowed us to make a casting from these molds for our master pattern. Be sure to check out our "In Development" section to read more behind the development and lineage of this replica, coming soon!

http://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-anh-vader-wow-90572/index2.html#post1285106

eFX intends on producing two versions of this helmet. One with an idealized paint job (i.e. painted with a spray gun) and a limited edition version with a super screen accurate hand brush painted paint job.

BTW some great Vader helmet pics at RPF by Art Andrews (http://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-anh-vader-wow-90572/index16.html):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artandrews/sets/72157624434226697/

jonthejedi
07-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Great post, Serg...couldn't agree more on the iconic nature of the 1st Vader helmet!

Jayspawn
07-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Well said Serg! This is my favorite representation of Vader and so far eFX has executed an excellent prototype. This is a guaranteed buy from me.

sergiurusu
07-26-2010, 08:16 AM
This is one helmet I want in my collection as well.:yes:

JediTricks
07-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Seeing it in person in their booth at SDCC, it really looks nice, stands out as something different from the existing Vader helmets on the market. They had 2, I think 1 was the paint variant but I didn't get a lot of time to check it out and it didn't stand out as being "very different", the difference is more subtle than I expected.

sergiurusu
07-27-2010, 02:37 AM
There are 2 versions indeed, a pristine clean version (sprayed) and a more movie accurate one (hand painted).

JediTricks
07-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, Bryan Ono from eFX said that they matched the brush strokes of the original, which I think is well above and beyond, it'll make it so special. In person, it was so much more subtle than I expected, not at all over-the-top. I've left out helmets that have collected dust for a few minutes, and that subtle difference was all I saw in the 2 they had at Comic-Con. I wish I had made more time to talk to Bryan this year, I was so busy with Hasbro and with my own stuff that I only got to shake his hand while he was occupied with someone else (I walked by, he remembered me and stopped to shake my hand, that's a really nice guy).

Jayspawn
08-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm off to Florida tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see this in person at C5.

sixarmspiderman
08-17-2010, 11:18 AM
when is ANH Darth Vader HELMET coming out, and how much?

sergiurusu
11-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Message from Bryan @ eFX on Rebelscum (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=4402274&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&vc=1):

eFXBryan wrote:
We are working on the final master pattern and paint master. We are anticipating putting this helmet up for pre-order in December. Please watch our website for the latest updates. . .

Thanks!
Bryan

sergiurusu
04-14-2011, 02:31 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/29qhcti.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2u95pif.jpg

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww255/efxcollectibles/Vader-Limited.jpg

Snowtrooper
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM
These are really cool items. I'm not sure if its $800 or $1000 cool though. I've been wanting to get a highly detailed DV helmet, but I don't know if I want to spend that kind of bucks for one. I'd kinda hoped that they would do what they did with the Stormtrooper helmet and make a reasonably detailed one for around $200.

sergiurusu
04-16-2011, 12:34 AM
These are really cool items. I'm not sure if its $800 or $1000 cool though. I've been wanting to get a highly detailed DV helmet, but I don't know if I want to spend that kind of bucks for one. I'd kinda hoped that they would do what they did with the Stormtrooper helmet and make a reasonably detailed one for around $200.

That might be happening in the future. But now they offer these.

sergiurusu
04-17-2011, 05:33 AM
eFx chose FedEx as the only way of shipping. Thus see attached some quotes of shipping in my country and Australia...:(:frus::crazed::Par: $671, $818 and $1192!!!

Jayspawn
04-18-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm gonna purchase the Limited version. I've seen both in person and they are f'n fantastic! As a long time prop collector, the ANH Vader has always been my favorite representation.

sergiurusu
04-19-2011, 01:46 AM
LE for me as well, not that I wouldn't have liked the LG version but shipping and taxes would kill it.

Snowtrooper
04-19-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm thinking I may end up buying the Limited version as well. $800 is pretty steep, but its a really cool item, the cost will end up being spread out over the year, and the opportunity may never come up again to own a piece like this. The only thing that might change my mind is if the shipping is some ungodly amount. Hopefully thats not the case.

sergiurusu
04-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Not sure where are you located but if non-US fan then you can get it through a local dealer/distributor.

Snowtrooper
04-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I live in Nebraska, which is pretty much smack dab in the center of the USA. I don't think shipping will be a problem, but you never know with the weight of the product.

I looks like the Legend edition sold out pretty quick. Someone over on RS said it only took 10 minutes. Not surprising with there only being 250 pieces.

sergiurusu
04-21-2011, 12:42 AM
I would have went for that but to the $670 shipping quote from FedEx I would have had to add VAT 24% plus customs, which would raise the total taxes to almost $1000. The same price on taxes as the helmet itself, and this just because of FedEx. Hopefully eFX will learn something from this, but kind of doubt it. There were only 4 non-US customers that bought the Legend that I'm aware of. That means something...

Snowtrooper
04-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Rather than ordering straight from efx, I went through Redfordfilms.com. They offered free shipping and no non-refundable deposit, so I thought that was a pretty good deal. I've ordered from them before with no problems, so I'd recommend checking them out to those interested in ordering this.

sergiurusu
04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I've just seen the Vader LE helmet at BigBadToyStore (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=EFX10018&mode=retail), and also did a little test. I added to my cart and clicked "view shipping rates". I then chose Romania and voilą: "shipping USPS Express Mail $262.49 Delivery typically takes 3 to 8 business days. This shipping method is trackable." So why is didn't eFX choose USPS Express Mail instead of stupid FedEx?

Snowtrooper
04-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm guessing they have some kind of contract with FedEx, or they haven't had good experiences with USPS. $600 bucks for shipping just blows my mind. You'd think for international customers that they could deal with another shipping company that would have more reasonable rates.

sergiurusu
04-22-2011, 12:53 PM
That could be indeed. But even so they should listen to the other customers too. We are paying with hard earned money too, not with carrots. I never had any problems with USPS EMS and I received and sent hundreds of packages already.

JediTricks
04-22-2011, 01:49 PM
eFx chose FedEx as the only way of shipping. Thus see attached some quotes of shipping in my country and Australia...:(:frus::crazed::Par: $671, $818 and $1192!!!

2479724798That is lunacy! Have you contacted anyone in person at eFX, someone above level 1 customer service? They're a small company, you should let them know your plight and see if they can help. They're good folks, founder Bryan Ono is a really cool guy. At the very least, I'll try to talk to him about it at Comic-Con.

I've just seen the Vader LE helmet at BigBadToyStore (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=EFX10018&mode=retail), and also did a little test. I added to my cart and clicked "view shipping rates". I then chose Romania and voilą: "shipping USPS Express Mail $262.49 Delivery typically takes 3 to 8 business days. This shipping method is trackable." So why is didn't eFX choose USPS Express Mail instead of stupid FedEx? I would bet they went with FedEx because FedEx offers a lot of services and insurances right off the bat which the USPS makes complex and expensive as add-ons. Sideshow won't use USPS either.

Snowtrooper
04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Sergiurusu, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for shipping?

sergiurusu
04-23-2011, 04:42 AM
That is lunacy! Have you contacted anyone in person at eFX, someone above level 1 customer service? They're a small company, you should let them know your plight and see if they can help. They're good folks, founder Bryan Ono is a really cool guy. At the very least, I'll try to talk to him about it at Comic-Con.

I would bet they went with FedEx because FedEx offers a lot of services and insurances right off the bat which the USPS makes complex and expensive as add-ons. Sideshow won't use USPS either.

I wrote Bryan 2 PM's and no answer, except that they ship with FedEx because box is too big. But BBTS ships with USPS Express Mail no problem. I feel that eFx really didn't care.

Sergiurusu, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for shipping?

From Toy Palace is about 35 Euros IIRC. I had the huge SS Vader 1:1 bust shipped from Toy Palace and shipping for the 2 enormous boxes was 60 Euros or so

Snowtrooper
04-23-2011, 06:34 PM
From Toy Palace is about 35 Euros IIRC. I had the huge SS Vader 1:1 bust shipped from Toy Palace and shipping for the 2 enormous boxes was 60 Euros or so

That's a helluva lot better than the other shipping prices you posted. :thumbsup:

sergiurusu
04-24-2011, 03:08 AM
That's a helluva lot better than the other shipping prices you posted. :thumbsup:

Indeed. ;)

Snowtrooper
04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Looks like the limited is sold out now as well. It says alot about what people think of this item, especially considering how rough the economy is. I can hardly wait for it to show up at my doorstep.

sergiurusu
04-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Since I couldn't pay over $1000 on shipping and taxes for the LG, I went with the LE. Thus I have lots of money left and I got the SDS 1:1 TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and bust/armor, plus some other things.

Snowtrooper
04-29-2011, 12:35 PM
That's an excellent looking TIE Pilot. The fact that they used the original molds, makes it that much sweeter. I wish I had the funds to get one of those. I'm hoping one day to get the TIE pilot and AT-AT driver headgear some day all depending on availability and money of course.

sergiurusu
04-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Thanks, it is an impressive piece indeed. :yes: And according to StarWarsHelmets it is the most accurate TIE helmet made: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/sds_TIE.htm

Jayspawn
05-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Great aquision there serg! Reminds me of the old Don Post Dlx TIE Pilot that was made years ago. Same kinda setup -and very impressive.

sergiurusu
05-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Great aquision there serg! Reminds me of the old Don Post Dlx TIE Pilot that was made years ago. Same kinda setup -and very impressive.

Thanks. The SDS TIE bust is really big, see a comparison with some other TIE busts and figures

Snowtrooper
10-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Probably old news, but it looks like the ship date for Vader limited has been pushed back until December. Redfordfilms, where I purchased mine at, has moved the the ship date from Oct. 9 to Dec 1. I hope it isn't moved up any later than that. I'm getting a bit impatient in anticipation of this thing arriving.

Has anyone heard what the latest is on the Vader helmets?

sergiurusu
10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
This is taking a looooong time already. I'm waiting for the eFX Vader LE and TIE Fighter. And don't even recall when I made the pre-orders LOL

Snowtrooper
10-21-2011, 11:33 AM
I really wish efx's communication would be better. I don't mind waiting a little while longer as long as they say why. The delays plus silence makes me wonder if its ever going to show up.

sergiurusu
10-22-2011, 02:43 AM
I think they will show up, but it will take very long time. I totally agree on communication, I don't mind the waiting as long as the company producing the items throws us a bone from time to time. Why is so hard to show some production pics, or some info regarding the helmets, let's say once 2 weeks...

Jayspawn
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
eFX is a fine company, but their communication sucks big time. Their silence is deafening and frustrating. Production pics or some kind of brief update from time to time would be better than the nothing we get.

Really hope this ships before the end of the year.

sergiurusu
10-25-2011, 01:55 AM
eFX is a fine company, but their communication sucks big time. Their silence is deafening and frustrating. Production pics or some kind of brief update from time to time would be better than the nothing we get.

Really hope this ships before the end of the year.

The silence is killing me too, not the quality of the products...

Snowtrooper
01-23-2012, 04:45 PM
It sounds like Gino, over on TheReplicaPropsForum, has approved the sample sent to him and production will start soon. So for those of us who ordered the Legend/Limited, hopefully we won't have to wait a whole lot longer.

Snowtrooper
03-21-2012, 01:26 AM
It sounds like efx has sent out emails informing people that the first legend helmets are due to start shipping in 30 days. They plan on shipping the legend first and then the limited, so it looks like I'll be waiting a little while longer.

sergiurusu
03-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Same here, but a little wait killed no one ;)

Snowtrooper
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm fine with the wait. It'll give my wallet a bit of a rest. I recently bought an SDS TIE Helmet and an efx BSG Viper helmet, which just arrived today. Plus, I have a Kropserkel Cylon helmet being made right now. I'll post pictures of these hopefully soon. Its a busy time of year for me right now.

sergiurusu
03-23-2012, 02:25 AM
Congrats! You might want to ask SDS to send you a pair of hoses for the TIE lid too ;) It will make a big difference when displayed

Snowtrooper
03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I think I can find similiar hoses locally. I live in a rural area and there are a lot of implement dealers around who sell hoses. I've seen some that look pretty close, but I'll have to compare photos to make sure. As it sits right now, I made two grey foam plugs to put in the tube holes and it doesn't look too bad. I do eventually plan on getting the chestbox and armor.

On a side note, I asked SDS a question about casting the TIE Helmet in white, so I could convert it into an AT-AT driver helmet. They replied that they plan on releasing an AT AT driver helmet later this year. It kind of surprised me cause I thought they were sticking to ANH props.

JediTricks
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
I got to see both the Limited and Legend production versions at Wondercon last week, and I think they look great, but you really have to know what you're looking for to see the difference. I tried to get it in photos but I was having a really hard time with it: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g6350-efx-collectibles.html

I think ultimately it's a great piece and has fantastic heritage, but eFX could use more marketing behind it, really sell the idea of that heritage in print instead of just word-of-mouth.

Snowtrooper
03-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, if you don't know what to look for they both look pretty much the same. Its the warts and dents that make all the difference. The only real obvious difference is the paint job.

I suppose efx figures that the Vader helmets are going to appeal only to hardcore collectors and marketing is kind of unnecessary.

sergiurusu
03-24-2012, 02:59 AM
I think I can find similiar hoses locally. I live in a rural area and there are a lot of implement dealers around who sell hoses. I've seen some that look pretty close, but I'll have to compare photos to make sure. As it sits right now, I made two grey foam plugs to put in the tube holes and it doesn't look too bad. I do eventually plan on getting the chestbox and armor.

On a side note, I asked SDS a question about casting the TIE Helmet in white, so I could convert it into an AT-AT driver helmet. They replied that they plan on releasing an AT AT driver helmet later this year. It kind of surprised me cause I thought they were sticking to ANH props.

I heard about that too. Not sure if they will make just the helmet or the chestbox too and if they will offer them in gray or just white. The AT-AT helmet is one of the coolest SW buckets, and the greeblies are quite tricky, curious how SDS will make them, many others couldn't make them all right, since some are not known till today what they really were.

Anyway back on Vader helmets, can't wait for them to be sent to customers. It was a loooong wait. I can only hope the TIE fighter is not long behind.

JediTricks
03-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah, if you don't know what to look for they both look pretty much the same. Its the warts and dents that make all the difference. The only real obvious difference is the paint job.

I suppose efx figures that the Vader helmets are going to appeal only to hardcore collectors and marketing is kind of unnecessary.That paint job I think is one of the most striking things, they matched the brush strokes, that's really impressive and yet you'd have to know to look for it between the 2.

I think the Vader helmet's heritage would probably pry more fans' wallets open if they knew of it. There's a lot of fans who aren't hardcore COLLECTORS, but are hardcore fans, and that heritage would mean a world of difference to them if they had greater understanding of the product or even an awareness of it at all -- eFX is smaller and hasn't got much marketing strength under their belt, with so much high-end SW product out there it's easy to get lost in a sea of expensive items.

sergiurusu
03-25-2012, 03:04 AM

I suppose efx figures that the Vader helmets are going to appeal only to hardcore collectors and marketing is kind of unnecessary.

eFX in a way realized they kind of failed with the Legend Vader making such a small edition size and thus offering it only from their own shop. They didn't specifically said that, but from some of Bryan's messages you can realize that easily. BTW Snowtrooper, where are you located? did you get LE or LG vader?

JediTricks
03-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Failed? What do you mean?

Snowtrooper
03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
eFX in a way realized they kind of failed with the Legend Vader making such a small edition size and thus offering it only from their own shop. They didn't specifically said that, but from some of Bryan's messages you can realize that easily. BTW Snowtrooper, where are you located? did you get LE or LG vader?

I live by a small town in Nebraska, which is pretty close to smack dab in the center of the USA. I ordered the limited from Redfordfilms. I had thought about getting the legend, but just couldn't bring myself to spend $1000 on it. I'd probably never beaten the rush for it anyways. I really like that the limited offers a bit more of a polished look, but still has the assymetry that the original prop had. At first, I wasn't going to get either of them. I thought that it was too expensive for a vader helmet that I could get elsewhere. After reading more about it, I realized that this was actually a good deal for a Vader helmet that has the detail and the pedigree.

JT, the trouble that efx went through to match the details of the original is astonishing. There are details I would have never looked for that they tried to match. For instance, Gino said recently that they even tried to match the way the fiberglass strands were laid out in the dome of the original. It was apparently very difficult to get the manufacturer to do it just right. I'd would've never cared which direction the fiberglass was laying, but thats the dedication that efx, Bryan, and Gino had to this project. Whoever gets the legend is not going to be disappointed in the level of detail(with the exception of the most anal of collectors).

sergiurusu
03-26-2012, 04:12 AM
The eFX helmet is not the only one made from original molds.

JediTricks
03-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I tried to capture photos of the lay of the fiberglass strands inside the helmet, I could see up close that it wasn't there for build purposes and surmised that it was there for historical means, glad to hear my theory was right. :D I see in my photos that the regular helmet doesn't show the strands at all, I didn't notice that at the time. I would have asked Bryan about it during the booth tour, but we were focused on The Avengers props they were showing off.

eFX's Vader and Stormtrooper Legends helmets I believe are not taken from sources used in any other helmets out there, their heritage is vastly different from any others, licensed or not.

sergiurusu
03-27-2012, 09:44 AM
The Vader Legend and LE ANH is made from a mold that has been used before by other fans. The one that hasn't been used is the Hero Legend Stormtrooper (private collection), but my favorite helmets remain the Stunts because of their cool roughness, especially seen in the Sandtrooper lids. Too bad eFX is not going to release a Sandtrooepr helmet excepting the bantha poodoo weathered Precision Cast...

That is also one of the reasons it is very unlikely eFX will make an AT-AT Driver helmet soon, at least a Legend one - the only original AT-AT lid in existence now is in private hands in UK and has missing parts and greeblies. They could still make one from a TIE Pilot helmet though. We'll see...

Snowtrooper
03-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Sergiurusu, I'm a little confused as to which Vader helmets used what. I was also under the impression that efx was the only one to use the Rick Baker molds and that the others used a different, supposedly later, mold. I know this caused a tremendous argument over on the RPF and I'm not trying to start anything here.

I think efx can do the AT-AT driver helmet whenever they choose. As you said, it can be cast off of a TIE Pilot helmet and most of the greeblies have been figured out what they actually were. It all depends how far down on the list this particular bucket is.

JediTricks
03-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Snow, that's what I was told as well, so you and I are of the same understanding on the Vader helmet. I'll ask them to clarify at Comic-Con I guess.

For the Sandtrooper bucket, I think the Stunt is a better choice since the Sandtrooper helmet differs so much from the hero Stormtrooper piece, it's simpler and has so many distinct changes (or rather, the Stormtrooper one has so many distinct changes from the Sandy), but for regular Stormtrooper, the Hero mold is definitely the one I prefer.

sergiurusu
03-28-2012, 01:49 AM
The Rick Baker mold has been used by others too. Which other helmets, I don not know nor care since I'm not a Vader collector. Though I'll give you one piece of advice, do not believe everything that Gino says. ;) As for the AT-AT, in fact most of the greeblies are not known what they are, we know a few for sure but others still remain unknown despite heavy research in that area.

The Stunt is not that different from a Hero, they are both same mold. But the Stunt comes with flat lenses, and a bigger frown and sometimes it has a bumpy cap. And it has been seen in the movies as much as the Hero, and not just as a Sandtrooper. This is why I like the Stunt more, its rough appearance and the angry look with the big frown makes it my favorite. And in the past year I've seen many TK helmets.

JediTricks
03-28-2012, 04:31 PM
I got into a fun argument with Gino over Star Wars last year at a Comic-Con party, he knows his stuff.

As for the Stunt vs Hero molds, I think you're mistaken about them being directly from the same tooling, the case against Ainsworth says that they kept only the stunt molds, and have been passing off reworked stunt molds as being from the hero tooling which they didn't have in their possession. Also, you yourself make the point that the stunt looks different from the hero due to physical differences like the mouth, and the gray trapezoid above the brow being further forward on the hero.

sergiurusu
03-29-2012, 02:56 AM
There are a few RPF threads showing what Gino knowns and don't. He knows a lot but not everything. The frown is just simply filled up for the Hero from the Stunt mold. The material used for Stunt was HDPE and for Hero was ABS. Stunt helmets were the first made and the Hero were from same mold. Everything else is just detailing: lower brow, buibble lenses, paint apps, gray trapezoids, number of screws on the ears etc.

Snowtrooper
05-24-2012, 10:27 AM
efx has updated their website saying that the first batch of legends will ship next week. The limited is going to be shipping the first 2 weeks in June. Can't believe the day is almost finally here.

sergiurusu
05-25-2012, 01:57 AM
Finally some good news indeed. :) The TIE is coming as well.

Snowtrooper
05-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Finally some good news indeed. :) The TIE is coming as well.

Yeah, the long 2 year wait for the TIE is finally over. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint(I doubt it will).

sergiurusu
11-27-2012, 09:00 AM
eFX Collectibles A New Hope Darth Vader Limited Edition helmet:

Snowtrooper
11-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Lookin good. So did it arrive with no blemishes or any other issues? I thought I read somewhere that they were opening them up and checking them before they sent them off. I'm surprised that yours came with an autographed plaque. I thought only the legends came with the signed plaque.

sergiurusu
11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Lookin good. So did it arrive with no blemishes or any other issues? I thought I read somewhere that they were opening them up and checking them before they sent them off. I'm surprised that yours came with an autographed plaque. I thought only the legends came with the signed plaque.

I got it for a GREAT deal and besides that I also got 104 Euros value coupon and thus ordered a couple Stormtrooper items, which I will get for free. ;) But I was worried as hell that the eFX Vader bucket will arrive with some kind of damage as so many others did. Glad to see it is in perfect condition - indeed it was verified since I told the shop owner about the problems many had and he checked them all, even thanking me for that. The plaque is custom made and sent to Brian Muir himself to be signed.

Personally with this eFX helmet I'll be Vadered out, excepting if finding a 1:1 uber-accurate reveal ROTJ lid and maybe Attakus Vader 1 if there is a deal I cannot refuse. In fact I'm thinking of selling/trading a few Vader items from my collection as well in the near future. I already have too much Vader collectibles and already sold a Koto Vader. I'm more of a Stormie guy ;)

Snowtrooper
11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm glad you didn't have any problems. It would be a real downer to be looking forward to this and have it show up with damage. We were both fortunate to not have any issues. Here is a pic of mine. I tried to take some pics today, but they didn't look very good, so I'll try another day. I bought a cover from Acrylic Designs to help keep the dust off it, but it adds to the look I think, kind of like how they'd display something in a museum.

sergiurusu
11-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Very nice. I have mine displayed next to the Elm-Studios Emperor bust:

JediTricks
11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Very cool, nice display for both of you. I hear ya Serg on being Vadered out though.

sergiurusu
11-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Very cool, nice display for both of you. I hear ya Serg on being Vadered out though.

Thank you. Hope to get more Stormtroper items in my collection, recently I got a few items I was missing like GG Animated Maquette, Attakus 1:5 and 1:10 Stormies, Sideshow PF, plus the vintage Kenner 12" figure.

Snowtrooper
11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys. I wouldn't say I'm Vadered out, but this is most likely my only Vader helmet purchase. My 3 3/4 collection takes up alot of space and i only have so much room for my prop replicas.

JediTricks
12-04-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't separate my Hasbro figures from my larger stuff, so I am Vadered out in general, not any one specific area. I even passed on a McQuarrie concept art poster specifically because it was Vader, it's not that I don't dig the character, it's just that he's been overexposed lately.

I have the Riddell ROTJ Vader mini-helmet that comes apart, it's a pretty cool piece for what it is, but were I to get a full-scale replica I'd want the ESB one and no other... ok, maaaaybe the McQuarrie one. ;)

Snowtrooper
12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
If you cough up a few grand the efx McQuarrie could be yours.....provided you can find one.:biggrin:

sergiurusu
12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't separate my Hasbro figures from my larger stuff, so I am Vadered out in general, not any one specific area. I even passed on a McQuarrie concept art poster specifically because it was Vader, it's not that I don't dig the character, it's just that he's been overexposed lately.

I have the Riddell ROTJ Vader mini-helmet that comes apart, it's a pretty cool piece for what it is, but were I to get a full-scale replica I'd want the ESB one and no other... ok, maaaaybe the McQuarrie one. ;)

I don't collect Hasbro figures, never did, I started collecting SW seriously with Action Fleet. :) I'm Vadered out in all areas, too much Vader stuff in my collection already: figures, busts, statues, props, miscellanea etc. I totally agree he has been overexposed. The same with Boba Fett. There are at least 5-6 Vader collectibles for each Stormtrooper item, and 2-3 Fetts for each TK.

Indeed the scaled Riddell ROTJ reveal Vader helmet is awesome, it was one of my first higher end collectibles, and love it as much as I did the day I got it - I also received it from a guy who had it signed by Dave Prowse. The only Vader item I might consider some day (except the Attakus Vader 1 - if getting a good deal) would be a 1:1 ROTJ reveal Vader lid.

JediTricks
12-05-2012, 09:10 PM
If you cough up a few grand the efx McQuarrie could be yours.....provided you can find one.:biggrin:I've been coughing and coughing, but nothing so valuable has materialized thus far. :p

It's quite an enviable piece, every time I see it at these shows I'm in awe. I'd love to see them do a scaled version of it, I think they were talking about doing that at one point, but nothing came of it.

I don't collect Hasbro figures, never did, I started collecting SW seriously with Action Fleet. :) I'm Vadered out in all areas, too much Vader stuff in my collection already: figures, busts, statues, props, miscellanea etc. I totally agree he has been overexposed. The same with Boba Fett. There are at least 5-6 Vader collectibles for each Stormtrooper item, and 2-3 Fetts for each TK.

Indeed the scaled Riddell ROTJ reveal Vader helmet is awesome, it was one of my first higher end collectibles, and love it as much as I did the day I got it - I also received it from a guy who had it signed by Dave Prowse. The only Vader item I might consider some day (except the Attakus Vader 1 - if getting a good deal) would be a 1:1 ROTJ reveal Vader lid.Micro Machines and then Action Fleet were where I started my post-1985 collecting as well. I even made a phone call to Galoob and talked with Jim K. Fong (brand director on Action Fleet) when news of its demise came about, that was great and sad at the same time.

Seems like Boba Fett has been slowing down a little while Vader has been getting more overexposed. Commercials, Sideshow bust and a new 12" figure coming down the pike, all over the merchandise at Disney parks, it's crazy. I couldn't agree more that we need more Stormtrooper stuff compared to the other helmeted guys, but I guess Lucasfilm felt identifying the brand with a relatable single character was more important than getting the best looks out there.

Signed by Prowse, I should have thought to have gotten him to sign mine at Celebration IV when I knew I was going to be at a party with him, that is awesome and now mine is less complete. :p I'm not even an autograph guy but that is so cool.

sergiurusu
12-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Prowse is easy to get. I have him on a couple plaques plus on a few pictures.

Snowtrooper
12-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I have a couple of signed pics from Prowse as well. His autograph will never be worth alot of money, but its nice to have something signed by the guy who was Darth Vader.

sergiurusu
12-13-2012, 03:46 AM
One of my favorite signature plaques: