PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Padme Sno-bunni

tagmac
07-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Haven't seen a mention of this, but I noticed it maong the other items in some of the Comic-Con photos over at rebelscum.com. Gotta say, the sculpt looks pretty sweet, and it may be easy to miss the mistletoe she's holding in one hand. Definitely gonna try for this - it'll fit nicely in my Christmas display among the Hallmark ornaments. Heck, to the non-SW fan, it could easily pass off as a generic Christmas snow-bunny, if not an angelic sort of statue.

tagmac
08-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, very disappointed to find out that this is only available for those in the "Premier" collectors club from Gentle Giant. No way am I paying double for this figure, as it rewuires a $60 fee to join up for this "privilege." As someone who has bought a whopping 4 mini-busts ever, with no plans or $$ to spend on more, it is simply not worth it. :( Was hoping EE might have these for sale, but obviously that's not happening.

Jayspawn
09-02-2010, 09:43 AM
You're not paying twice for the Padme bust -you get a free bust for the membership cost anyways. For a long time I skipped the PMG membership because I was ticked at the way GG was handeling their products and at the time you didn't get anything. Since they overhauled the guild a few years ago -the guarantee that I can order any product AND that I get a free bust at the end of the year justifies the cost now.

Anyways, the Snow Bunny Padme bust looks great. Saw it in person at C5 was was very impressed. The detail is incredible and the Portman likeness has certainly improved. I would like to see Padme get more minibusts though, she's got so many outfits as it is, GG wouldn't make them all anyways.