PDA

View Full Version : "Floating Yoda" back in AOTC

Lord Tenebrous
03-01-2002, 12:54 PM
With a little help from technology of course. Find out more at Cinescape (http://www.cinescape.com/24/editorial.asp?aff_id=24&this_cat=Prequel+News&action=page&obj_id=33151)

Attached Photo from USA today. Widescreen version available in link.

LTBasker
03-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Cool pic, LT! Although in a way it makes it seem Yoda should be taller when he's standing, and it looks kinda weird seeing him like that.

master jedi
03-01-2002, 02:13 PM
Cool. I can't wait to see Yoda do this in Ep.2.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Thanks alot for the pic and the info.
This is definately a nice addition to what already looks to be a really great film.

Jedi Clint
03-01-2002, 02:18 PM
I love that shot of the Jedi Temple.....that is absolutely stunning!!!

Jargo
looks like a repulsor chair he's sitting on to me. Which would make sense for a little fella like Yoda to have to get around the huge ginormous temple on and save his ickle leggies.

Now an action figgie of that would make me smile. :D

Beast
Oh god, the truth is finally revealed. Yoda is actually Rygel from Farscape. They have similar means of locomotion now. He's not floating, he has a repulsorlift chair. I wonder if he farts helium as well? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-01-2002, 02:25 PM
It's pretty interesting. I really hope the CGI Yoda works out well :( I'm curious to see the character's demeanor. Does he sit back calmly, with an air of contemplation . . . does he zip around like an irritable old chap? Can't wait to find out! :)

Beast
03-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
It's pretty interesting. I really hope the CGI Yoda works out well :( I'm curious to see the character's demeanor. Does he sit back calmly, with an air of contemplation . . . does he zip around like an irritable old chap? Can't wait to find out! :)
He probably flys around in it going a few miles per hour, with his turn signal blinking and complaining about "Whipper Snappers". :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-01-2002, 03:40 PM
Yeah after you make it out you can see the chair, I enlarged it and outlined the chair for y'all.

Jargo
03-01-2002, 04:23 PM
TFN posted a hi res version of it and yes it's a rygel like chair. but, is it a CGI yoda in it or is it just a puppet? Could Frank Oz have finally got out from underneath the set floor and just walked round with a big dish on his arm and a Yoda puppet on top? There's a clip of mace talking to the Yoda puppet in the new making of documentary segment and so we know Yoda isn't all CGI.

I like it. It could also be a homage to the Mekon from the Dan Dare comics. The Mekon was also green and had a big head and a small body, he flew around on a saucer like repulsor sled too. And that was first seen way back in the mid 20th century *gasp!* man that sounds weird... :crazed:

Co Jo-Da
03-02-2002, 03:00 AM
I love this shot, it sets up the Final Battle between Yoda and Dooku beautifully. Yoda has always been looked at as old and slow, adding in the replusor chair and he looks even more frail. But then Yoda appears in the Hanger to face his once Padawan, he shows the true power of a Master Jedi...

Beast
03-02-2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
I love this shot, it sets up the Final Battle between Yoda and Dooku beautifully. Yoda has always been looked at as old and slow, adding in the replusor chair and he looks even more frail. But then Yoda appears in the Hanger to face his once Padawan, he shows the true power of a Master Jedi...
Yeah, same reason that Palpatine uses a cane in ROTJ. It's a ruse to lull their enemies into a false sense of superiority. I think it mentions in original "Complete Guide to Charecters" that Palpatine only uses his cane to appear feeble. Which seems to appear true, but there is a second possibility there. The fact that Yoda and Palpy both could be extremly weak physically, until they are surrounded by people tapping the force. Look at how Palpatine actually seems to draw energy off of Vader and Luke's hatred and their battle aboard the DSII. It could be a possibility that both of them, being quite powerful actually in a way are force vampires, or dynamos. Feeding off the residual energy of people tapping into the dark side of the force in Palpatine's case, same with Yoda, other then he actually uses that energy for good.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
03-03-2002, 08:03 PM
It will be nice to see Yoda using some of his Force powers. If you think of it... we have really only seen Yoda levitate Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp in ESB. Beyond that... he's just been spouting backwards syntax and looking contemplative. Very cool. Very cool, indeed.

Jargo
03-03-2002, 08:16 PM
But JP, it's a repulsor sled and not powered by the froggy himself so he's not levitating just hovering under locomotive power. A neat solution for getting him up to human speed and able to move around the sets and interact better. must have made them feel better about getting the froggy to go up and down stairs.

JEDIpartner
03-03-2002, 08:25 PM
I should have been a little more clear in my response... The Geonosis scenes will have him doing a little more (the Yoda figure appears to show him levitating above the little field generator thingy), but it will be nice to see him moving about a little more! Hahahaha...

Now that I've clarified what I was trying to say... I'll go back to watching the Simpsons, which is what caused me to foul up my original post!

Co Jo-Da
03-05-2002, 12:51 AM
It would be cool if Yoda used the chair to play LEAP FROG...

Darth Ovori
03-05-2002, 07:11 PM
I wonder if he ever race's anyone else in the palace like that...
"Mace, lost one to the temple is a 3 legged Sith"