PDA

View Full Version : NEW snowspeeders with different DECO?

bkusna
07-26-2010, 10:47 PM
When do you think we'll see the NEW speeders with different color schemes like rogue 2 and 3 ?.......:Ponder::Ponder:

DarkArtist
07-28-2010, 10:10 AM
not sure... there is a rumor that we might be getting an exclusive version with Wedge and Janson but it's just a rumor... I'll wait to see confirmation from Hasbro before I believe it...

bkusna
07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
The new snowspeeder is AWESOME!!!!! just need some with the classic red stripes and deco :thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-28-2010, 01:25 PM
This year, there is only 1 deco for the Snowspeeder, it comes in 2 packages but the same one. That said, in Q&A's last round or the one before, Hasbro said "this year" which suggests they MAY be thinking of another color scheme for next year on it. Honestly, that's almost a given since the Snowspeeder has ALWAYS been offered with the orange stripes in every line, Galoob, LEGO, whatever you have.

bkusna
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
well, hasbro needs to hurry because my hoth battle scene with TWO AT-AT's and 6 snowspeeders looks dull with only one paint scheme...:ninja:

JediTricks
07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
In the movie, I've seen gray stripes, orange stripes, and no stripes (the no-striped ones are in the hangar), but I don't remember much variety after that. Galoob made an alternate-colored one with dark gray that looked decent, but I think they just made that one up, or it was in a '90s EU reference book. I don't remember any specific unit markings though, not like the numbered stripes on the X-wings.

bkusna
07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
any tips on how to add weathering to the AT-AT and snowspeeders?????:lipsrsealed:

JediTricks
07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm no expert, but from the stuff I've read, the 3 best methods are dry brushing, paint washing, and hand painting with very fine brushes and mixing your own colors. There are advanced methods even including burning, but I think between a nice wash, a little dry brushing, and some hand-painted accents, you can get a lot done. If I had a workspace, I'd go for it even with my mediocre artistic skills - dry brushing looks super easy, I've even done it a little with sharpie pen; and paint washing seems easy too, these just both need a little practice first to get the right consistencies of the paints.

bkusna
07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
thanks for the tips....i will try it and get back with you with some pics:whip: