PDA

View Full Version : Celebration 2 figure...

Jedi Dan
03-01-2002, 12:56 PM
So any word on the inovative new figure to be a celebration exclusive?

Oh yeah I heard in Vegas that odds makers are saying the over/under on when Sir Steve posts his celebration 2 exclusive figure on ebay is 10:30am May 3rd ... ;D (doors open at 10am)

Beast
03-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Dan
So any word on the inovative new figure to be a celebration exclusive?
Right now, it sounds like it's going to be a Luke Skywalker: X-Wing pilot w/ Micro Machine X-Wing. The Luke is rumored to have a newly sculpted head, and the set will probably end up looking like the Darth Maul trophy figure. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
03-01-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Right now, it sounds like it's going to be a Luke Skywalker: X-Wing pilot w/ Micro Machine X-Wing. The Luke is rumored to have a newly sculpted head, and the set will probably end up looking like the Darth Maul trophy figure. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yep, that's the rumor...

Sith Vicious
03-02-2002, 01:15 AM
It's already been said in the fan club magazine that the Celebration II figure is definitely something that people will want to open. I don't think the Luke X-Wing rumor really fits. (And Sir Steve's post seems to confirm that the rumor is false.)

Lord Tenebrous
03-02-2002, 01:15 AM
Uh-oh.

What aren't you telling us, Steve? The POTJ X-Wing Luke looked a lot like Luke in the Holiday Special, and since we've got Zutton...

Are we getting a Lumpy? Ackmena? Singing Leia w/ CommTech Chip? Oh...what's the chef's name? :crazed:

evenflow
03-02-2002, 08:41 AM
I can just imagine the hell we are going to go through again. We had enough trouble with the Toyfair Vader. This is going to suck too.

I hope that it is something cooler than Luke w/ mini X-wing. I wonder if SirSteve really has some inside info?

Dryanta
03-02-2002, 10:23 AM
sounds to me Steve may have other info.I hope so,I really don't want another Luke x-wing.I'd still get one but I'd rather see something completely new

Rollo Tomassi
03-02-2002, 10:30 AM
A Bea Arthur action figure!:D

An Art Carney action figure!!:D :D :D

THE GUY THAT POURS DRINKS INTO THE TOP OF HIS SKULL action figure!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:mad:

hairless chewie
03-02-2002, 10:50 AM
The exclusive will be a Rick Mcallum figure with exclusive Butt kissing feature!:D

Beast
03-02-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
The exclusive will be a Rick Mcallum figure with exclusive Butt kissing feature!:D
I'd rather have a talking Ricky figure that constantly says sentances with the "F" word in them until his batteries wear down. :D Why oh why did Lucas hook up with this dolt. :rolleyes: :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
03-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Or George with double chin action!! I just hope that whatever it is, us common folk will be able to get a hold of it!:frus:

Turbowars
03-02-2002, 07:11 PM
If Celebration #2 is going with a classic figure theme then a new X-wing Luke is pretty lame. If there is going to be a resulpt figure(s) then how about a C-3PO and R2 two pack. Finaly we can get a new 3PO and a R2 with tools/opening doors. It hasn't been done(meaning 2-pack) so why not?

master jedi
03-02-2002, 08:14 PM
The figure should be me beating the c**p out of Rick Mcallum.

Jargo
03-02-2002, 08:44 PM
But the operative word in hasbro's announcement was 'innovative'. This means something new that hasn't been done before. I think they've been growing live Sarlaaccs to give away to annoying fanboys who critisise their every move :D

But it has to be another gimmick figure. How else is it going to be innovative? unless it's my army builder idea of a generic figure torso with interchangeable heads and limbs in various poses. A true army builder.

I have no idea. All I know is that If Steve decides to put his up for a competition it's the only way I'm likely to have a chance of getting one. Assuming I'll want one of course. because it might be a piece of crap........ :(

Beast
03-02-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
But the operative word in hasbro's announcement was 'innovative'. This means something new that hasn't been done before. I think they've been growing live Sarlaaccs to give away to annoying fanboys who critisise their every move :D
Yeah, but didn't the announcment about it being "innovative" actually come from the potty mouth of Rick McCallum? I am pretty sure that's who was quoted in the Celebration II talk about the secret figure. And we all know how wise Ricky is. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
03-02-2002, 11:53 PM
Anybody want to lay bets that it's a sculpt of the craft service guy they used in Tunisia? :eek:

Lord Tenebrous
03-03-2002, 01:49 AM
Nah, it'll be a solider from the Tunisian military. Includes break-apart wardrobe boxes and Liam's hairpiece. Offered with "grumpy" or "angry" head sculpt.

Perfect for repairing those dioramas that you knocked over. :D

LTBasker
03-03-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah, but didn't the announcment about it being "innovative" actually come from the potty mouth of Rick McCallum? I am pretty sure that's who was quoted in the Celebration II talk about the secret figure. And we all know how wise Ricky is. :D

Um.. I really hope it isn't an N*Sync member as a Jedi then... Cause we all know how much Rick likes'em! :eek: