PDA

View Full Version : My Vintage Mail-Away Boba Fett check has cleared

borisfan84
07-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Today, I noticed that my check for the Mail-Away Boba Fett had cleared. i mailed it in 2 weeks ago; so this shows about how long they are taking to cash these in. Hopefully, the figure will be here in roughly 4 weeks.

Darth Metalmute
07-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Mine cleared this morning as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I just checked (pun intended) and I, too, have had mine cashed (as of 7/27). The clock is running...

Ando
07-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Just checked my online statement and my check cashed on Wednesday. Woo hoo!

I don't remember the mail-away offer from Kenner in the 1980's, but I remember my original Boba Fett figure and can't wait to get this.

I need to get crackin' on filling out some more forms so I can have a few extras and give a few away at Christmas.

bkusna
07-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Let's hope we get it before the qui gon and opie????????:hurt::hurt::hurt::hurt:

El Chuxter
07-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Eopie. Not Opie. Eopie is a beast of burden. Opie likes Aint Bee's real good pah and grows up to make movies, some good, some not so good, as well as one awesome TV series killed before its time.

I'm hoping they haven't forgotten those of us waiting on an Eopie.

JediTricks
07-30-2010, 03:26 PM
I had forgotten they still have my Eopie money tied up, and I haven't mailed away for Boba yet, now I better get a jump on it.

AmanaMatt
07-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Still have to send mine off! LOL, I am behind the times - really want three of these: one carded, one loose to customize, one loose original......and to think, I am not a completist

Bel-Cam Jos
07-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Just checked my online statement and my check cashed on Wednesday. Woo hoo!

I don't remember the mail-away offer from Kenner in the 1980's, but I remember my original Boba Fett figure and can't wait to get this.

I need to get crackin' on filling out some more forms so I can have a few extras and give a few away at Christmas.I never even knew that BF was available on a card back in tha day; I ordered two via the mail. I still have them both, and one almost looks like a prototype since most of the colors have faded (due to the bathtub; his suit looked perfectly like a diver's).

I noticed that the address (and to whom the check is made) and PO Box are the same for that map thingy for the Clone Wars game mail-away from the Clone Wars line. I'm hoping they don't send me that instead of the Fett (I wrote "Boba Fett figure" on the check's memo line). Only way they'd know if by looking at the mail-away form itself, and we know how reliable Hasbro is at handling details. :tired: Two offers at the same time might be too much for them, but I hope not. :fingerscrossed:

AmanaMatt
08-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Will they accept proof of purchase from Jabba and cloud car vehicles? I assume the vehicles are part of the Legends line since blue packaging, but dont want any issues!

Thanks

DarkJedi5
08-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Will they accept proof of purchase from Jabba and cloud car vehicles? I assume the vehicles are part of the Legends line since blue packaging, but dont want any issues!

Thanks

I sincerely doubt it. Read the redemption certificate, it says in bold letters "5 figures" vehicles and whatever the heck Jabba is are not figures. If you really want to avoid problems, I'd stick to basic figs.

Ando
08-02-2010, 12:19 PM
(due to the bathtub; his suit looked perfectly like a diver's).

I did the same thing when I was little.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2010, 06:25 PM
The certificate gives you the code #s they accept (some show two different ones for the same figure line, why?). I always check and double check that I have the right ones before mailing it off to Hasbro. If I can find some other Vintage figs at the acceptable price of $7.99 (or less... huh? HUH?!? :rolleyes: ), I may go for a 2nd Fett. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
The certificate gives you the code #s they accept (some show two different ones for the same figure line, why?). I always check and double check that I have the right ones before mailing it off to Hasbro. If I can find some other Vintage figs at the acceptable price of $7.99 (or less... huh? HUH?!? :rolleyes: ), I may go for a 2nd Fett. :thumbsup:
The multiple assortment numbers are listed so that you can include figures from before and after the line reset - Clone Wars figures got a new assortment number with the black-and-blue packaging. So you can actually use any basic figure that came out since July 26, 2008 and now.

markwa
08-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Is there an online form to print for the Boba Fett redemption or do I have to open a vintage fig up?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Is there an online form to print for the Boba Fett redemption or do I have to open a vintage fig up?As for an online form, I haven't looked too far, but I didn't notice one from the Hasbro site (at least when doing a simple search). That was why I bought a $9.99 Han at TRU.

The multiple assortment numbers are listed so that you can include figures from before and after the line reset - Clone Wars figures got a new assortment number with the black-and-blue packaging. So you can actually use any basic figure that came out since July 26, 2008 and now.Gotcha, thanks. :thumbsup:

didgeboy
08-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Anyone have a link to where I can find the Boba mail away. I have searched all over Hasbro with no luck. Cheers.

JEDIpartner
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I just mailed away for two this morning. Let's see how long it will take before they deposit my cheque!

Use multiple envelopes for multiple figure redemptions... just in case!

El Chuxter
08-04-2010, 12:20 PM
It's in the Vintage figures. Maybe the Greatest Hits/Legends figures, too; I'm not sure.

Hate to sound like a buttmunch, but if I knew they didn't have these online, I wouldn't have been tossing mine into the garbage. (Sorry, just can't get me on the nostalgia factor for an item that was never actually released. Well, unless you're Brian Wilson and it's sMiLe! that we're talking about.) Any further ones I get, I'll offer on here. I doubt anyone, myself included, wants me digging under last night's egg fu yung to find order forms.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM
It's in the Vintage figures. Maybe the Greatest Hits/Legends figures, too; I'm not sure.
The "Greatest Hits" figures are in the Vintage line. How about we just stop using that term? :p

El Chuxter
08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Okay, Greatest Hits = re-releases on Vintage cards. Saga Legends = separate line of very similar re-releases, but on cards similar to the new Clone Wars card.

Is that right? (I didn't know this was so confusing! :D)

didgeboy
08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Figure pickings around here are slim right now. None of the vintage figures have show up yet and none of the figs we have on the shelf have the Boba mail away sticker. Any help would be appreciated. CHeers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Okay, Greatest Hits = re-releases on Vintage cards. Saga Legends = separate line of very similar re-releases, but on cards similar to the new Clone Wars card.

Is that right? (I didn't know this was so confusing! :D)
Yup. Too bad I haven't explained this several times already.

Oh, wait . . . :p :D

AmanaMatt
08-06-2010, 12:52 AM
I sincerely doubt it. Read the redemption certificate, it says in bold letters "5 figures" vehicles and whatever the heck Jabba is are not figures. If you really want to avoid problems, I'd stick to basic figs.

Yeah, good call.....though the vehicles *should* have been included....

El Chuxter
08-08-2010, 01:26 AM
I've got one extra form for anyone who doesn't want to open a Vintage figure. I'll likely have more in the not-too-distant future. Let me know if you need one.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Upon leaving a W*M yesterday, I saw (and picked up) a form for a Galactic Battle Mat (yawn... ) AND a figure (Sergeant Bric, which is slightly more than a yawn) for the same $6.99 price as the forms from CW figures for just the Mat. Hmm...

But still not finding any Vintage figs anywhere, just empty pegs.

bkusna
08-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Upon leaving a W*M yesterday, I saw (and picked up) a form for a Galactic Battle Mat (yawn... ) AND a figure (Sergeant Bric, which is slightly more than a yawn) for the same $6.99 price as the forms from CW figures for just the Mat. Hmm...

But still not finding any Vintage figs anywhere, just empty pegs.

Here in OKC, vintage figs are everywhere!!!!!!i'll pick u up a set and mail it to you if you want? takes the fun out of it though...just sayin:rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the offer, but you hit the nail on the head. I could've gotten most of them at one time from TRU some weeks back, but I'm "enjoying" :rolleyes: the hunt, and to see if I can find them at more decent prices.

bkusna
08-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the offer, but you hit the nail on the head. I could've gotten most of them at one time from TRU some weeks back, but I'm "enjoying" :rolleyes: the hunt, and to see if I can find them at more decent prices.

your patience will pay off.....one walmart here has saga legends for $4.50 and vintage for $7.00....so GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Darth Metalmute
08-09-2010, 02:11 PM
The Walmart near me ignored the pull.

They have no new figures and racks of empty old ones.

vadersvette
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Quick question. How many of these can you send away for? I would like 2 for myself (one to open--it's a freakin vintage Fett with a rocket-firing jetpack--my life is now complete!:D) and also one to give to my brother.

Good thing I kept all my inserts from the BAD era so I don't have to cut up these beautiful old/new cards.

TheDarthVader
08-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I am sure you can send away for as many as you would like. Offer is valid WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

vadersvette
08-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Awesome! Just put 3 in the mailbox.:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2010, 08:56 PM
I mailed off my second one the other day. I plan to shoot out ALL my eyes with this one!

figrin bran
08-24-2010, 11:20 PM
My third check got cashed yesterday.

I guess I plan to shoot out both eyes while keeping one carded.

Lord Malakite
08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I plan to shoot out ALL my eyes with this one!
That will be a fun discussion for the substitute teacher to have while you are away. Explaining why you took off work to see both an optometrist and a proctologist. lol

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I seldom tell my students why I'm out (have only missed around 5 days total the last 5 years anyway).

Them: "Mr. Jos, why do you have both eyes bandaged?"
Me: "Who said that? Where am I?"

Elisiaone
08-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Just go here padawans:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/free-star-wars-boba-fett-figure/images/975680000_BOBAFETT_REDEMPTIONCERT.PDF

Elisiaone
08-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Am I correct in assuming that any number above the lowest asst. number required for the Boba Fett mail-in figure is okay for redemption?

vadersvette
08-27-2010, 03:49 PM
It's pretty much all the basic figures from 2008 to now. Legacy, Legends, Clone Wars, and Vintage

bkusna
09-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Get READY!!! called Hasbro and the first batch of fetts were mailed away this week!!!!! YIPPEEE:love:

tagmac
09-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Just got mine in today. The white mailer box was mangled on one side, and partially opened (nice of them to not put any tape on the flaps). :rolleyes:

Luckily, the card was amazingly in mint condition. Even cooler, the card front is reproduced with the same 3 introductory descriptions in the flame section of the picture, just as it was on the original release. A shame they couldn't have made the back of the card exactly as it was as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Mine also arrived, but it did have one piece of tape on the flap. The mailer box was mooshed, which dented in the bubble a little, but the card was curved (not bent, a heavy object placed on top should fix that). I will wait to get my second Fett and decide which one is better to open. Then, watch out, un-shot eyes! :squareeye :dead: ;)

Background Character
09-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Received both of my Boba's yesterday. Both boxes smashed! I opened the worse one first. Card was in good shape, but the bubble was crushed. Okay, the better mailer box will surely have a better condition Boba in it. Nope, the second one not only had a crushed bubble but a damaged card also. Thanks, Hasbro.

When I mail something to someone after an E-Bay transaction, I can usually put it in a pretty sturdy package for $6.99!!! Why can't a major corporation do the same? Instead they opt for the flimsiest mailer possible.

Normally, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but one of the coolest parts about this exclusive is the original packaging. It's obviously designed to be displayed as a collectible. That is why I'm sure most people are ordering more than one, so they can have an opener.

I have a bad feeling that getting one of these in perfect shape is going to be near impossible.

I hope those awaiting theirs, have better luck!

bigbarada
09-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Didn't people have to pay $6.99 for shipping on this toy? One carded action figure should only cost $4.95 when shipped in one of those sturdy Priority Mail boxes, so exactly what is Hasbro using that $6.99 for (especially considering that the Boba Fett figure is supposed to be "free")?

DarkJedi5
09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Didn't people have to pay $6.99 for shipping on this toy? One carded action figure should only cost $4.95 when shipped in one of those sturdy Priority Mail boxes, so exactly what is Hasbro using that $6.99 for (especially considering that the Boba Fett figure is supposed to be "free")?

The $6.99 is probably more for the "handling" than the shipping. It sounds like they're really been handling the heck out of these before they ship them.

bigbarada
09-12-2010, 02:15 PM
The $6.99 is probably more for the "handling" than the shipping. It sounds like they're really been handling the heck out of these before they ship them.

From what I've heard, the figures are sent at a bulk rate postage of $0.99, so the $6 must be what they pay some guy to cram the figure into a tiny box, slap a label on it and throw it into a mailbag. Hmmmm, sounds like a Union operation to me. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2010, 04:13 PM
First it was just P: postage.
And it used to be P&H: postage and handling.
Then it became S&H: shipping and handling.
Now I hear it more as P&H v.2: processing and handling.

Remember what Nute Gunray said about "processing" to the Battle Droid Commander? :eek:

bkusna
09-12-2010, 09:38 PM
First it was just P: postage.
And it used to be P&H: postage and handling.
Then it became S&H: shipping and handling.
Now I hear it more as P&H v.2: processing and handling.

Remember what Nute Gunray said about "processing" to the Battle Droid Commander? :eek:

wasn't it..."what has brown done for you lately?????"

Ando
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
I got mine this weekend and it was BEAT TO HECK! The box was smashed on one side, the card was mangled (upper left hand corner was curled backwards), and the bubble was smashed and falling off.

I was REALLY hoping it would show up in good condition so I could save it for posterity, but it was half opened anyways, so I took it out of the bubble.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Sadly, the one I got last week was in BETTER condition than today's. Outer mailer: thrashed and dented in. Card back: warped (no heavy item would fix this). Bubble: squished and almost cracked. Well, at least I know which one I'll be opening up. :upset:

JediTricks
09-13-2010, 08:54 PM
My guess is this is happening on Hasbro's end, or their distribution center's end. It's just too consistent to be anything else.

bkusna
09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Sadly, the one I got last week was in BETTER condition than today's. Outer mailer: thrashed and dented in. Card back: warped (no heavy item would fix this). Bubble: squished and almost cracked. Well, at least I know which one I'll be opening up. :upset:
This is not accidental....there's something fishy going one....reports all over the nation that this is happening...What if someone at hasbro doesn't want MINT collectors cashing out on this?? hmmmm

figrin bran
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I got one crushed Fett and the other is actually decent enough to keep carded.

sith_killer_99
09-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, when Hot Wheels screws up like this they send out apology cars. I have no such hope for Hasbro. I just hope they fix the issue before I get mine, maybe if enough collectors complain they will make an effort to fix the problem.:upset:

bkusna
09-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah, when Hot Wheels screws up like this they send out apology cars. I have no such hope for Hasbro. I just hope they fix the issue before I get mine, maybe if enough collectors complain they will make an effort to fix the problem.:upset:
If you read other forums, Hasbro has already said they would ship a return label and that they will ship out new ones, but it might take months....

jedikiss
09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I got one crushed Fett and the other is actually decent enough to keep carded.

same w/ the 2 i received. the "good" one had slight bow in the card, but nothing that coulpe old college textbooks or placing in protect case wouldn't fix

sith_killer_99
09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
If you read other forums, Hasbro has already said they would ship a return label and that they will ship out new ones, but it might take months....

I read other forums, just not other "Star Wars" forums...why would I?:D;)

sonofsokol
09-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Mine arrived today. The box looks a bit smashed, but the card is fine and even remained unpunched. I am very pleased with the condition. I guess I lucked out... Maybe Hasbro "marked" all the orders received before the official release date...

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2010, 11:50 PM
I opened one up, and let me say, if this thing existed in 1979-80, I would not be alive or out of jail today. It is a great toy! I'd have shot every-thing/-one/-where I could. There are two rockets; one to stay in the backpack (so it looks close to the Kenner version) and one longer one to poke those eyes out. :D :dead:

jonthejedi
09-14-2010, 03:49 AM
...after all these years, Ralphie's mom was right!

bigbarada
09-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Maybe Hasbro "marked" all the orders received before the official release date...

...with a sledgehammer.

jedimastergeorge06
09-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Got my boba fett today. The box was kinda bad off...but when i too the package out of the box..it was slightly bent on the edge but other than that it was in good shape...i guess i got lucky. Now waiting for the other two that i mailed off for.

JEDIpartner
09-15-2010, 01:54 PM
I got both of mine in the mail yesterday. I have to say that I've never received any other mail-away items in this poor of a condition. One card just had a slight bend at the top of the card and the other one was completely mangled. That being said, thank goodness I had no intentions of keeping both carded. I wanted one to play with, so at least my shipment was 50/50.
:mad:

JediTricks
09-17-2010, 04:46 AM
I received mine. The box was modestly mangled except at the opening, where it was 90% open. Surprisingly, the card and blister inside were unharmed, so I put it into my last card case. Now I have TVC, Retro Rocket-firing, and TAC Animated Debut Fett next to each other on the wall.

Anybody else notice that the foot pegholes are modern sized, rather than the larger classic size?

I'm thinking of buying an opener off someone with a mangled one rather than ordering another, that way they can order another with the kit and money I give them and gamble on a better one, and I get an opener right away. Since I don't want to pay shipping though, I'm only doing this with locals.

Darth Metalmute
09-20-2010, 08:17 AM
I got mine Friday. The enitre box was smashed. The card was for the most part, un-bent. But the bubble was smashed in. I can't believe Hasbro can justify sending it in such weak packaging.

DarkJedi5
09-20-2010, 09:50 AM
I got my first one Friday and it was pretty badly beat up. The card was bent and the bubble was smashed. I got my second one on Saturday and it was in pretty pristine condition. If you ordered multiples, there's a chance they won't all be messed up.

im4ev9d9
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Got mine in the mail today. Outside was covered in packaging tape. Box was smashed as if the Mail man sat on it the whole way to my house. Card damaged and blister smashed. Would be embarrassed to display. Got another order form today. Will send for new figure tomorrow. Hopefully by the time I get my next one they will have fixed the shipping issue. First was Nadar Vebb now the Holey Grail? I would have paid $10.00 for shipping to insure an undamaged figure. :(

bkusna
09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Got mine in the mail today. Outside was covered in packaging tape. Box was smashed as if the Mail man sat on it the whole way to my house. Card damaged and blister smashed. Would be embarrassed to display. Got another order form today. Will send for new figure tomorrow. Hopefully by the time I get my next one they will have fixed the shipping issue. First was Nadar Vebb now the Holey Grail? I would have paid $10.00 for shipping to insure an undamaged figure. :(
Just called customer affairs at 800-327-8264. They are well aware of the situation and they will send you a shipping label for your damaged figures to be returned to them. Once they receive them, they will send out new ones for you

im4ev9d9
09-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah but When? At least they are aware of the issue. Safety in numbers. I'll be calling to complain tomorrow as they are already closed. I say we all speak up. Thanks for the heads up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Hasbro is well aware of the situation. They said that they were going out in pristine condition. I haven't gotten my two Fetts yet, but from what I've seen, it doesn't look like the box they sent it out in is very different from previous mail-aways, and there have never been this many complaints about damaged boxes. It's just a strange situation. On the recent Forcecast, Derryl DePriest said that they'll be working to help collectors with damaged cards, and also see how to correct it going forward, but that it's not an easy, overnight solution, either.

Blue2th
09-22-2010, 07:16 PM
So without getting a pristine card, what's the point of even getting this figure?
He's all blocky and vintage looking so he's not going to look good next to most every other figure I have as an opener. I don't have any vintage figures at all, and I'm not that nostalgic. So if I can't get a good card I don't really want one.

I could still use a Nahdar Vebb though. Missed out on that bugger. :ermm:

Hasbro needs to fix this issue. Start sending them in clear cases maybe?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2010, 07:28 PM
So without getting a pristine card, what's the point of even getting this figure?
He's all blocky and vintage looking so he's not going to look good next to most every other figure I have as an opener. I don't have any vintage figures at all, and I'm not that nostalgic. So if I can't get a good card I don't really want one.

I could still use a Nahdar Vebb though. Missed out on that bugger. :ermm:

Hasbro needs to fix this issue. Start sending them in clear cases maybe?
Well, the original mail-away Boba came simply in a plastic baggie. So anyone looking for an exact reproduction of the original wouldn't want the card anyway; that's kind of just a bonus. In my eyes, at least.

Darth Metalmute
09-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Well, the original mail-away Boba came simply in a plastic baggie. So anyone looking for an exact reproduction of the original wouldn't want the card anyway; that's kind of just a bonus. In my eyes, at least.

How is that a bonus? This is 2010. The original Fett was 30 years ago. We demand better than that. That's why peg-warmers exist. We don't want crappy figures, we want good figures. And we want our figures that we paid for to come in decent condition.

It isn't like this is a isolated incident. This is the common practice concerning mail-in figures from Hasbro. Every recent mail-in figure I have ordered has come in that same, weak white box and has come damaged.

I'd gladly pay a couple of more dollars more for a better shipping arrangement.

El Chuxter
09-23-2010, 08:22 AM
$7 is probably the upper limit of what they can charge for a "free" figure, though. Any more, and the freebie costs more than retail.

Blue2th
09-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I'm more of a loose collector these days. Though I might start collecting the excellent cards. But that's a big if. That would be my only reason to have him as he is a cheezy figure: http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=6531

Darth Metalmute
09-23-2010, 09:49 AM
$7 is probably the upper limit of what they can charge for a "free" figure, though. Any more, and the freebie costs more than retail.

Ture, but that $7 is supposed to be for Shipping and Handling. From what I have read and seen, the person doing the handling must have been Solomon Grundy.....

bkusna
09-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Ture, but that $7 is supposed to be for Shipping and Handling. From what I have read and seen, the person doing the handling must have been Solomon Grundy.....
I think Jabba sat on mine....there's evidence of slime and snot....and a thumbprint......think about it

JediTricks
09-23-2010, 03:11 PM
The box is the same quality as the previous mailers, but the previous mailers for single-card figures ALL had the cards in clamshells, and no catastrophic disasters that crushed entire shipments. Doing away with the clamshell was a huge mistake.

bkusna
09-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Well, there is a "clamshell" shortage at Hasbro right now...you can't even order their protective cases for your newly acquired obliterated boba fetts.....:twisted:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-24-2010, 01:20 AM
The box is the same quality as the previous mailers, but the previous mailers for single-card figures ALL had the cards in clamshells, and no catastrophic disasters that crushed entire shipments. Doing away with the clamshell was a huge mistake.
The 2008 Rex didn't have a clamshell, as I recall, and mine arrived fine.

El Chuxter
09-24-2010, 01:23 AM
I haven't seen the actual package, but the packaging on the Qui-Gon/Eopie mail-away seemed to be a flimsier cardboard than earlier promotions.

bkusna
09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I haven't seen the actual package, but the packaging on the Qui-Gon/Eopie mail-away seemed to be a flimsier cardboard than earlier promotions.

The rocket fett mailer box is definitely the flimsiest one to date....I think it's made out of grade school construction paper.....

bigbarada
09-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I still haven't gotten around to mailing off my UPCs for this figure. I have enough for 2 or 3 right now, so can I just mail them all off together and save a bit on postage?

Anyways, I'm starting to think that maybe I just don't really care about this figure. Now if Hasbro was to actually redo the cancelled Yak Face mailaway from the Kenner line, then I'd be all over it.

JediTricks
09-24-2010, 09:58 PM
The 2008 Rex didn't have a clamshell, as I recall, and mine arrived fine.True enough.

I haven't seen the actual package, but the packaging on the Qui-Gon/Eopie mail-away seemed to be a flimsier cardboard than earlier promotions.I just compared the aforementioned Captain Rex to QGJE since I happen to have both boxed nearby, and they're the same cardboard thickness and general box shape. No structural difference really. And my Rex box is a tad mangled, to boot.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I still haven't gotten around to mailing off my UPCs for this figure. I have enough for 2 or 3 right now, so can I just mail them all off together and save a bit on postage?Others here have tried that, IIRC, and IIRC again, there were some delivery issues. I'd spend the extra $.44 or $.88 to be more certain. I also mailed mine about 2 weeks apart, and I got both in the same week (about 4-5 days between, I think).

Jayspawn
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Hasbro cashed my Boba check almost right away. It arrived in good condition too. Sending out for my 2nd before too long.

TheDarthVader
10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Will they accept my toys r us nikto guard upc as a upc? Does anyone know?

JediTricks
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Doubt it, it's not part of the assortments mentioned on the form.

rickantel
10-29-2010, 02:52 AM
ok this is starting to **** me off my check for the boba fett was cashed on august 19th and its now oct 29th where is my boba fett at 6-8 weeks my *** damn hasbro anyone else have this problem at all?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-29-2010, 03:11 AM
My checks were also cashed late August - same time as the check for Sgt. Bric, and he arrived this week. I think much of the delay has to do with them trying to find a better way to ship the Boba Fetts, as so many of the initial shipments were massively crushed.

Jayspawn
10-29-2010, 09:25 AM
My check was cashed early August and I'm still waiting. Not too worried though. I remember when mail-aways would take close to a year to arrive sometimes.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I sent in a 3rd Fett, mainly for a friend whose focus has been on such unnecessary things lately like family stuff and bills. :rolleyes: It shows that check was cashed about 2 weeks ago, so I might be able to give it as a Christmas present to him. Watch A Christmas Story and shoot many things' eyes out! ;)

Darth Awgmon
11-01-2010, 11:14 PM
ok this is starting to **** me off my check for the boba fett was cashed on august 19th and its now oct 29th where is my boba fett at 6-8 weeks my *** damn hasbro anyone else have this problem at all?

Wahhhhh! Wahhhh!

Just kidding. My Nahdar Vebb checks were cashed two months before your Fett check. I received both my Nahdars today November 1. You just have to be patient, which for most people these days, is impossible.

Popasdei
11-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I just mailed away for 2 more boba fetts today :crazed: they will be my 4th and 5th. I've only had 2 show so far...

mtriv73
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
No Boba yet, but I finally got Nadar Vebb yesterday. Since I sent away for Nadar on the very last day you could, I'm not surprised it took so long. I guess I'll need to send away for a second fett so i can have an opener.

rickantel
11-08-2010, 11:14 PM
what company are these guys bein shipped with anyways usps,ups,fedex?

bkusna
11-08-2010, 11:23 PM
what company are these guys bein shipped with anyways usps,ups,fedex?
Well, the first batch was delivered via Jabba's big fat ***:D

rickantel
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
dude quit bein a smartass im actually bein serious lol

bkusna
11-08-2010, 11:28 PM
dude quit bein a smartass im actually bein serious lol
USPS.....double-boxed now...guaranteed to arrive MINTY fresh

Rogue II
11-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm thinking about mailing away for a 2nd after I buy the next wave of figures. If I do, I'll open the 1st one because the package was damaged in the mail.

That raises a question: Do I store the new Boba Fett with my modern figures or with my vintage figures?

mtriv73
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm thinking about mailing away for a 2nd after I buy the next wave of figures. If I do, I'll open the 1st one because the package was damaged in the mail.

That raises a question: Do I store the new Boba Fett with my modern figures or with my vintage figures?

Put it right in the middle between the two. Or get a third one and keep one with each.

rickantel
11-12-2010, 05:59 PM
my boba fett finally showed up today 11/12/10

SplFrcsCWO
11-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Mine arrived today. Anyone open it? I'm curious as to what the number on the leg refers to-- a serial number?

mtriv73
11-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Mine came yesterday, the box was in beautiful shape. Too bad they didn't glue the card to the bubble except in one spot. Anyway, the decision of whether to open or not became very easy. The number on the leg of mine is 00951. I doubt it's a serial number, since it matches the timestamp/datestamp or whatever it is imprinted on the card.

Popasdei
11-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah they changed boxes for sure. My fourth just came in the mail and its literally C10 mint! I should have it AFA graded.

I've already got it in the Official SW Protective case.

AmanaMatt
11-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Month later, still waiting...hopefully will get my first two in next couple weeks

sentry
11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I sent away for mine in August, still don't have anything, is this late or normal ??

El Chuxter
11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I haven't received mine yet.

El Chuxter
11-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh, wait, I forgot I didn't order one. :)

mtriv73
11-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Oh, wait, I forgot I didn't order one. :)

That would explain the delay. Was the shipping and handling too damn high?;)

El Chuxter
11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Nah, I just couldn't (and I appear to be the odd man out here) get nostalgic for an item that was never released. I've got nowhere to properly display one figure like that, and, if it's not connected to nostalgia (which my actual 1980 Boba Fett is, since I've had him for most of my life), that old Boba Fett figure isn't nice enough to show off on his own.

bigbarada
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Nah, I just couldn't (and I appear to be the odd man out here) get nostalgic for an item that was never released. I've got nowhere to properly display one figure like that, and, if it's not connected to nostalgia (which my actual 1980 Boba Fett is, since I've had him for most of my life), that old Boba Fett figure isn't nice enough to show off on his own.

You're not the only one. As a kid, I was completely oblivious to the entire "Rocket Firing Boba Fett" debacle. In fact, it wasn't until the 1990s that I learned that Boba was actually released on a Star Wars card. I just always assumed that he made his debut on the ESB cards in 1980. So the rocket-firing Fett has zero nostalgic value for me.

Which probably explains why I have two sets of UPCs in separate envelopes, with the redemption certificates already filled out, but I just can't bring myself to write out two checks for $6.99 and mail them off in order to actually get the Fett figures.

Popasdei
11-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Got my 5th and seargent bric yesturday :)

hello ebay.

Mister Roboto
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Got my 5th and seargent bric yesturday :)

hello ebay.

What does that have to do with the Mail Away Boba Fett?:confused:

I think you were looking for the November Hauls (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43386) thread.

Snowtrooper
11-15-2010, 06:03 PM
You're not the only one. As a kid, I was completely oblivious to the entire "Rocket Firing Boba Fett" debacle. In fact, it wasn't until the 1990s that I learned that Boba was actually released on a Star Wars card. I just always assumed that he made his debut on the ESB cards in 1980. So the rocket-firing Fett has zero nostalgic value for me.

Which probably explains why I have two sets of UPCs in separate envelopes, with the redemption certificates already filled out, but I just can't bring myself to write out two checks for $6.99 and mail them off in order to actually get the Fett figures.

I'm kinda in the same boat. As a kid, I never was aware of the whole Rocket Firing Fett situation either. I can appreciate it now as an adult, but I don't have the nostalgia that probably alot of collectors have for it. I did finally send off for two today and thats all I'll probably get.

The only "rocket firing" controversy I remember as a kid, was getting the BSG Cylon raider, and being a little bummed that the torpedos wouldn't actually fire. I thought it was broken, but my mom said it was so kids wouldn't choke on it. Probably just as well. I would've of lost the torpedos within a day.

Popasdei
11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
What does that have to do with the Mail Away Boba Fett?:confused:

I think you were looking for the November Hauls (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43386) thread.

I'm stating I got my 5th Boba Fett mail away and my first Seargant Bric.

figrin bran
11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
USPS.....double-boxed now...guaranteed to arrive MINTY fresh

Yup, I got my 3rd Fett double boxed in the mail today.

Mvader91
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Yup, I got my 3rd Fett double boxed in the mail today.
:thumbsup: Received my three double boxed today as well! They fit nicely in hasbro shop clam shells!

Popasdei
11-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah I'm very impressed with the new box they come in! Good Job Hasbro! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-18-2010, 10:29 PM
I was home for a brief time Wednesday and got to take a quick look at my two Fetts, who were thankfully double-boxed. One of them was in pristine condition, and one had some bubble damage near the bottom, so the decision of which one to keep carded and which to open was already made for me. :p

DarkArtist
11-19-2010, 09:40 AM
got 2 of my Vintage Fett's last night double boxed and in prestine condition... now I just need to find an old clamshell package to display one of them in.. I'm thinking of leaving one of the Fetts in the White Mailer box and opening the 3rd when he arrives...:thumbsup:

still awaiting the 3rd and final Fett as well as Sgt Bric.. I mailed out all of the forms on the same day so I'm guessing Mr Fett should arrive sometime either today or tomorrow with Bric...:thumbsup:

Popasdei
11-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Added Wave 3 (with 3 mail away boba fetts)
'http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/101_1514.jpg (http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Popasdei/Star%20Wars/101_1514.jpg)

Other 2 boba fett mail aways with my favorite vintage figure the mail away george lucas stormtrooper
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/101_1512.jpg (http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/101_1512.jpg)

Got all 5 posted mail aways in my room and my 2007 george lucas mail away! :)

DarkArtist
11-22-2010, 01:53 PM
well the third and final Fett arrived on late on Friday in a box that I can honestly say went through the ringer and back.. both the other and inner boxes were smashed beyond smashed, the card was warped and the bubble for Fett was cracked.. not sure if the mailman sat on this guy or what.... still Mr. Fett himself arrived without a scratch so I guess I have my opener...

I still have 2 pristine examples of Fett to keep, one still sealed in the white mailer box and one to keep Mint on Card and to display... just need to find a couple of the clamshells to keep Fett in.:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Why couldn't Hasbroken have used these new boxes for their figures before? The mailing address is easier to remove, the stability of the box itself is stronger, and they ACTUALLY USED TAPE TO SEAL THE FLAPS. Wow... my $6.99 has been utilized properly. :rolleyes:

AmanaMatt
11-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Received my two Fetts - both mint....I have no issues.....

JediTricks
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Why couldn't Hasbroken have used these new boxes for their figures before? The mailing address is easier to remove, the stability of the box itself is stronger, and they ACTUALLY USED TAPE TO SEAL THE FLAPS. Wow... my $6.99 has been utilized properly. :rolleyes:
Expense, I'm sure. Until now, the old way was working for the most part (there were plenty of fails, but not on this scale).

Jayspawn
12-02-2010, 11:14 AM
The Postal Service is delivering with a vengence!

Sent out for my 3rd Rocket Fett yesterday. Now that the box issue is fixed, shouldn't take as long.

Popasdei
12-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Anyone wanna buy a Mail away fett from me?

bigbarada
12-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Anyone wanna buy a Mail away fett from me?

Can I just send you my 5 UPC codes and $6.99?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Can I just send you my 5 UPC codes and $6.99?If you're willing to wait 8 weeks, and get it mashed like a beer can after a frat party.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Will they accept my toys r us nikto guard upc as a upc? Does anyone know?Uh, sorry TDV, you've been found out. I expect a BSLOS (Bas Song Lyric of Shame) any day now. :rolleyes:

Snowtrooper
01-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I finally got the two that I ordered, both in perfect shape. I was half expecting them to show up horribly mangled, but fortunately, it didn't turn out that way.