PDA

View Full Version : August hauls....

bkusna
08-01-2010, 11:59 PM
2 AT-ATs, 6 snowspeeders and 10 snowtroopers.....MAN, my hoth battle scene is getting LARGE....

bkusna
08-02-2010, 12:09 AM
oh yeah...and i got target's wedge x-wing for $12.48:D

El Chuxter
08-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Pursuit of Cobra Alley Viper
Pursuit of Cobra Cobra Commander
Rise of Cobra Strato-Viper with huge honkin' jetpack (my second)
Rise of Cobra Snake Eyes with ripcord-powered bike (my second--those bikes will probably be "sold" to the Dreadnoks)
Transformers Generations Drift
Transformers Generations Thrust
Vintage Cloud Car Pilot
Vintage AT-AT Commander
Galactic Heroes Luminara vs SBD (for my daughter)

JediTricks
08-02-2010, 04:17 PM
My hauls over the last 2 weeks, mostly from Comic-Con...

TLC The Force Unleashed Shaak Ti (thanks Chux!)
TVC Dak Ralter
TVC Boba Fett
all 4 of Hasbro's unpunched TVC cardbacks (Fett, Vader, Luke, Han)
Hasbro SW and Transformers posters
SDCC-exclusive Maul & Owen Comic Pack
SDCC-exclusive GI Joe Sgt. Slaughter and Triple-T variant
SDCC-exclusive Marvel Thor and Captain America
Tales Designed to Thrizzle vol 5
Futurama/Simpsons crossover hardcover signed by the authors
Futurama Zapp Brannigan "genuine" Atomic Ray Gun
Look Around You season 1 DVD
Look Around You labcoat
Doctor Who Flight Control TARDIS
Venture Bros retro-styled Doctor Venture and The Monarch figures
CW Mandalorian Police Officer
CW Pre Vizsla
CW Dlx Cad Bane & Pirate Speeder Bike
Transformers Human Alliance Jazz
TF Alternity Megatron "diamond black" Fairlady 370z
GI Joe POC Snake Eyes
...probably some other stuff I'm not remembering right now

Ando
08-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Look Around You season 1 DVD
Look Around You labcoat

NICE! :thumbsup:

bkusna
08-03-2010, 03:46 PM
got 8 more snowtroopers and two more at-at commanders today...

Ando
08-03-2010, 03:51 PM
got 8 more snowtroopers and two more at-at commanders today...

Sounds like you're gonna have a heck of an Imperial Army. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-04-2010, 09:50 PM
NICE! :thumbsup:
I got the labcoat free when I was able to correctly answer the BBC booth gal's trivia question from the awesome panel a couple days prior. It was a great panel, I didn't think for a second, the answer was on my lips instantly.

Ando
08-08-2010, 10:23 PM
- (4) each Nerf Alpha Trooper CS-18 blasters. 1 for me, 1 for a guy getting married to our BrideZilla friend (I felt sorry for the guy. I wrapped it up really classy like and didn't sign the card I taped to the box that instructed him to use it in good health to amuse himself and irritate his new wife). The other 2 are Christmas gifts for my oldest nephew and a son of a family friend.

- SW LEGO 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave set for my wife.

bkusna
08-08-2010, 10:35 PM
picked up 8 snowtroopers for $4.50 each at a walmart....all vintage are $7.00....mando speeder bike for $11.47

figrin bran
08-08-2010, 10:35 PM
CW Anti Hailfire Droid Squad
Pursuit of Cobra Alley Viper, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander
Toy Story 3 Buddy pack Astronaut Barbie/Bookworm

Phantom-like Menace
08-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Jodo Kast and a clearance Avatar Scorpion gunship from KMart. Two Fury of Combat sets and Duke from Toys R Us.

morpheus282
08-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Snowspeeder
AT-AT
Dak
AT-AT commander
Jabba's throne

That takes care of about 75% of my "wants" from now until the end of the year. If the hailfire droid goes on sale between now and Christmas I'll probably end up getting it just to chase the cats.

sonofsokol
08-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Not really a purchase, but I'm sure it'll cost me plenty of money... yesterday I brought home my new baby boy from the hospital. Mom and baby are doing great. He was born on 8/12/10 and weighed 8 pounds 12 ounces. :love:

TeeEye7
08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Congrats! I can't think of a better haul! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
08-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Not really a purchase, but I'm sure it'll cost me plenty of money... yesterday I brought home my new baby boy from the hospital. Mom and baby are doing great. He was born on 8/12/10 and weighed 8 pounds 12 ounces. :love:

Congratulations!!!!

now for my significantly less impressive haul

Vintage C3PO
Pursuit of Cobra Snow Job
Clone Wars Pre Vizla
Lego Wampa Cave

TeeEye7
08-22-2010, 02:19 PM
My son spent last week on Santa Catalina Island and brought back dear old dad this cool, color-changing shirt! Indoors...plain black & white, out in the sun...color! Impressive technology!

On the back:

TeeEye7
08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
...and on the front:

Lord Malakite
08-23-2010, 06:37 AM
My son spent last week on Santa Catalina Island and brought back dear old dad this cool, color-changing shirt! Indoors...plain black & white, out in the sun...color! Impressive technology!

On the back:

Thats kind of cool. While "color change" isn't anything new, I don't think I've ever seen it applied to a shirt before. Any special wash instructions?

figrin bran
08-23-2010, 11:01 PM
At TRU's BOGO sale I got Saga Legends Hoth Han to get the hood up version of this figure and a Snowspeeder Luke. Since I'll be getting one of the vintage package Snowspeeders, I'd like an extra Luke to display inside the speeder.

bkusna
08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
At TRU's BOGO sale I got Saga Legends Hoth Han to get the hood up version of this figure and a Snowspeeder Luke. Since I'll be getting one of the vintage package Snowspeeders, I'd like an extra Luke to display inside the speeder.

Nice haul.......can't wait until walmart drops their prices to under $5 again......

TeeEye7
08-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Thats kind of cool. While "color change" isn't anything new, I don't think I've ever seen it applied to a shirt before. Any special wash instructions?

Nothing on the shirt OR tag. That's the scary part! I'll have to do some research (or maybe just call the crazy store my son purchased it at) and find out.

DarkArtist
08-25-2010, 11:38 AM
August has been slow for me:

Vintage Bespin Luke
K-Mart's Jodo Kast
CV Camie and Fixer
CV 4-Lom & Zuckuss
CV Starspeeder 1000
and Carrie Fisher's Autograph from CV:thumbsup:

sonofsokol
08-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Birthday Haul:
-Big AT-AT
-Snowspeeder
-Jodo Kast
-Saga Lagends Red Battle droid 2 pack
-R/C Hailfire droid
-Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
-1 box of Kroger brand Star Wars Fruit snacks
-Framed sheet of Star Wars 41 cent Stamps from 2007
-Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary
-Stack 'ems Boba Fett, Storm Trooper, and Darth Vader
-Professional-style popcorn popping machine (non-star wars) with 8 pounds of popcorn

The R/C Hailfire droid is a riot. My 5 year old and I have had a ball with it.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
I got a box in the mail containing

Celebration V Zuckuss/4 LOM
Transformers Animated Rodimus Minor
Clone Wars Kit Fisto (new version) and Battle Droid Commander
Marvel Universe Kitty Pryde

figrin bran
08-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Lost season 6 dvd
Vintage Cody, Magnaguard, Grievous, Sandtrooper
G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra Jungle Viper, Zartan, Destro, Dusty, Recondo

TeeEye7
08-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Took the plunge and just washed the shirt. All is well! :thumbsup:

Ando
08-30-2010, 11:09 AM
- Nike Zoom Converge sneakers (white, grey, red, and black).

- (3) Arturo Fuente cigars from Rich's Smoke Shop in downtown Portland.

- Benchmade 3350 (Mini Infidel). This was a disappointing purchase. The action is crisp with no lockup or lag, but the blade was less than sharp when I got it home and while spending way more time than necessary, I just could not get an edge on it. Combined with a less than practical blade length, this knife, while very cool in concept and looking good in the display case, is going back to the store for a refund. Complete bummer, since I have other Benchmade OTF's and 2 regular sized Infidels in my collection, but this one just isn't working for me.

TeeEye7
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
What type of steel is the blade made of? That's really disappointing to hear from Benchmade. Is this one of their second-string offerings? I have one of their "economical" second-stringers I use daily at work and the business end is made of ATS-34. Boy that sucker keeps an edge!

Ando
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
What type of steel is the blade made of? That's really disappointing to hear from Benchmade. Is this one of their second-string offerings? I have one of their "economical" second-stringers I use daily at work and the business end is made of ATS-34. Boy that sucker keeps an edge!

Okay, so here's the troubling thing... It's D2 which is the same steel as my originial Infidel. It's not a second stringer, it's made right here in Oregon. It's a compact version of the double edged Infidel. In concept, it's awesome. But I've been disappointed. Hopefully the store I bought it from will give me a refund when I take it back tomorrow.

I bought one of their tactical sharpeners last year for touch up sharpening and it works on EVERY BM knife of theirs that I own. When I brought the Mini Infidel home, I noticed the blade was a little dull, so I tried putting an edge on it and NOTHING! I spent a LOT of time on it. Finally my wife told me to give up and take it back.

ATS-34 keeps a pretty mean edge, I agree!. I have 2 Eclipses from the late 90's (my first Benchmades), and they have ATS-34 steel blades.