PDA

View Full Version : I Called Hasbro U.K

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 05:12 PM
Yesterday morning I gave Hasbro U.K a ring, I asked them if the Attack Of The Clones stuff will be stocked on British shelves, at first she just said, the Attack Of The Clones products will be released sometime in April, I then said, "But it will be released in the U.K?" but she just said she couldn't give me any information on that.

What do you think, will thay be released here?

Jargo
03-01-2002, 05:19 PM
jek, try this site fo info on what's happening. The Private Universe (http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html) i check in quite a lot because they have news on what's been found and where. they have had some info regarding what's going on in the UK with ToysRus, so go see. :)

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 05:42 PM
Thanks Jargo and by the way it's great to see you back!

Jargo
03-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Just as a refresher to something I posted somewhere a while back, I was in TRU the christmas before last when they were clearing the shelves of all star wars product and I spoke to one of the chief monkeys about the AOTC stuff they might be getting. At that time he phoned head office in Warrington for me and was told that yes, they would be stocking the AOTC figures and toys but in smaller quantities and only for the first couple of waves. After that it was pot luck and down to sales returns as to whether they would stock any more.

This means that only during the cinema release timeframe will there be a plentiful supply of stock. Once the hullabaloo dies down and kids interest starts to turn to other things. They'll scale down what stock they hold. So it means buying early to make sure you get what you want and then it's back to the online stores and scalper outlets I'm afraid. Unless TRU UK get really good feedback and change their minds about stocking the continuing range. But i wouldn't hold out much hope for that. TRU has changed their outlook to concentrate on baby stuff and computer stuff. There are less toys in toysrus than in my local comic store! Very sad state of affairs. :(

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 05:52 PM
So that's about three months then I suppose and then after that it'll just be Captain Typho untill Autumn 2004.