PDA

View Full Version : ALL walmarts should have NEW figures out this week by wednesday...

bkusna
08-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Spoke to the district toy manager and he said ALL walmarts should have their fall/xmas toy set up this week by wednesday...some employee left out the stocking diagram sheets and they were dated for 8/11/10...

DarkArtist
08-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Spoke to the district toy manager and he said ALL walmarts should have their fall/xmas toy set up this week by wednesday...some employee left out the stocking diagram sheets and they were dated for 8/11/10...

well it's a wait and see for me... my Walmart hasn't stocked since summer 2009...same figures have been sitting on the pegs since August.... it's driving me nuts...

looking forward to seeing new product on the shelves.

bkusna
08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
well it's a wait and see for me... my Walmart hasn't stocked since summer 2009...same figures have been sitting on the pegs since August.... it's driving me nuts...

looking forward to seeing new product on the shelves.

went by walmart tonight and they have cleared out one whole aisle for star wars....the largest devoted section in the toy department...labels for everything including jabba for $38.88.....

bigbarada
08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
My Walmart called in extra shifts to get the toy reset done. They now have all of the TVC and Clone Wars figures up, along with a couple of AT-ATs and some Battle Packs. No Jabba's though. Oddly enough, they seem to have restocked the Saga Legends pegs with more of the Legacy red cards. I guess I'll have to wait even longer for my SL Bossk, since that seems to be the only figure from the first wave of SL that is sold out everywhere.:(

I did pick up an AT-AT and Dengar this morning after my shift (my employee discount knocked a full $10 off the price of the AT-AT :pleased: ). But I'm in the process of moving right now, so I just dropped them off at the new house and will look forward to opening them once I get moved in within the next couple of days.

bkusna
08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
My Walmart called in extra shifts to get the toy reset done. They now have all of the TVC and Clone Wars figures up, along with a couple of AT-ATs and some Battle Packs. No Jabba's though. Oddly enough, they seem to have restocked the Saga Legends pegs with more of the Legacy red cards. I guess I'll have to wait even longer for my SL Bossk, since that seems to be the only figure from the first wave of SL that is sold out everywhere.:(

I did pick up an AT-AT and Dengar this morning after my shift (my employee discount knocked a full $10 off the price of the AT-AT :pleased: ). But I'm in the process of moving right now, so I just dropped them off at the new house and will look forward to opening them once I get moved in within the next couple of days.
That's awesome!!!!! Bossk is hit or miss around OKC...if anyone has any problem finding the AT-AT at TRU, just take the ad to target or walmart and they will price match...:thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
08-09-2010, 10:58 PM
I was wondering as the walmarts in my area have not released any new figures.....all the stores have an interesting strategy: TRU is a month early but with jacked up prices; Target on time with SMRP, and Walmart cant be bothered to put anything out....hmmm

bkusna
08-09-2010, 11:26 PM
I was wondering as the walmarts in my area have not released any new figures.....all the stores have an interesting strategy: TRU is a month early but with jacked up prices; Target on time with SMRP, and Walmart cant be bothered to put anything out....hmmm

With walmart, it correlates with their big fall/xmas sales....the toy manager i spoke with was pretty stressed to get the whole toy section up by 8/11/10

autumnsdescent
08-10-2010, 08:04 AM
I stopped by my closest Walmart on Sunday night and the star wars section had nothing but empty pegs. Last night, just 24 hours later, I stopped in again and they have 8 vintage figures on the pegs and 2 of the starfighters left, indicating they had put something out earlier in the day.

Walmart has been horrible at a regional level with regards to rotating their stock. If they would just rotate waves, they would do so much more business.

BTW, no Jabba here. No reserved space or price tag. Exclusives are very hit and miss with Walmarts here. Some will never get them, other stores will get 6 stores worth of allotment.

sonofsokol
08-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Stopped by Walmart on my way to work yesterday and the toy section was a giant mess and no new Star Wars Toys out. I stopped by again this morning and everything had been moved and cleaned up. The plan-o-gram thing was taped to each section showing where everything was going to go. There was also a few signs taped over some of the shelves where the close-out stuff had been placed. A note on these signs stated, "THIS SECTION NOT FOR CLEARANCE ITEMS. CLEAR THIS SECTION FOR TONIGHT'S RESET!!!"

The new Star Wars section was nice and orderly with 2 columns of Saga Legends, 2 columns of Clone Wars and 1 column of Vintage. They had been picked through, but they had obviously put new product out since yesterday morning. The price tags were in place on the shelves for the AT-AT, Jabba's Throne, the Battlepacks and all of that, but the shelves were bare. One case of Vehicles had been put out, but the Cloud Car and Snow Speeder were already gone.

Guess I'll be stopping by for the third morning in a row tomorrow:yes:

bkusna
08-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Stopped by Walmart on my way to work yesterday and the toy section was a giant mess and no new Star Wars Toys out. I stopped by again this morning and everything had been moved and cleaned up. The plan-o-gram thing was taped to each section showing where everything was going to go. There was also a few signs taped over some of the shelves where the close-out stuff had been placed. A note on these signs stated, "THIS SECTION NOT FOR CLEARANCE ITEMS. CLEAR THIS SECTION FOR TONIGHT'S RESET!!!"

The new Star Wars section was nice and orderly with 2 columns of Saga Legends, 2 columns of Clone Wars and 1 column of Vintage. They had been picked through, but they had obviously put new product out since yesterday morning. The price tags were in place on the shelves for the AT-AT, Jabba's Throne, the Battlepacks and all of that, but the shelves were bare. One case of Vehicles had been put out, but the Cloud Car and Snow Speeder were already gone.

Guess I'll be stopping by for the third morning in a row tomorrow:yes:
All 4 walmarts here have their star wars sections ready....pegs are up, tags are up, just waiting for jabba :p

Jabbapalacespy
08-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Looking forward to Jabba. Will have to stop by again tomorrow. My walmart does have the first vintage wave and saw the goosenecking papers that they will be getting jabba. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
One thing that I found interesting was that my Walmart had one flat price of $7.96 across the board for Vintage, Saga Legends and Clone Wars.

I'm glad that Vintage is going to be the same price as SL and CW figures, not $1 more, because to an average person, it looks like less of a value since it doesn't have the game or extra accessories included.

bkusna
08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
One thing that I found interesting was that my Walmart had one flat price of $7.96 across the board for Vintage, Saga Legends and Clone Wars.

I'm glad that Vintage is going to be the same price as SL and CW figures, not $1 more, because to an average person, it looks like less of a value since it doesn't have the game or extra accessories included.

I see a sale coming soon....TRU seems to always run a "2-for" sale....probably 2 for $12.99 or something like that....then walmart will follow with all figures for $6.50....just guessing:rolleyes:

sonofsokol
08-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Nothing new had been put out since yesterday... bummer. Could tomorrow make 4 morning stops a Walmart in a row??? :yes:

bkusna
08-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Nothing new had been put out since yesterday... bummer. Could tomorrow make 4 morning stops a Walmart in a row??? :yes:

ALL 4 walmarts in my area have everything NEW out except jabba!!!!!!!!!!:upset:

ChukhaTrok76
08-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I just checked our Wal-Mart last night. They had none on Monday night. they had all of the new vinatage collection except Luke last night. No Jabba. A few Transformer crossovers.

bkusna
08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I just checked our Wal-Mart last night. They had none on Monday night. they had all of the new vinatage collection except Luke last night. No Jabba. A few Transformer crossovers.

I wonder why jabba shows up on the west and east coast first.....the midwest always gets screwed :hurt:

DarkJedi5
08-11-2010, 05:45 PM
I wonder why jabba shows up on the west and east coast first.....the midwest always gets screwed :hurt:

I'm in Northern California where Walmarts are few and far between. I called the seven that are within a 40 minute driving radius and no one has them in stock. A few said maybe tomorrow, a few said maybe in three days and the rest said the UPC isn't even in the computer and they don't have any Star Wars stuff.

bkusna
08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm in Northern California where Walmarts are few and far between. I called the seven that are within a 40 minute driving radius and no one has them in stock. A few said maybe tomorrow, a few said maybe in three days and the rest said the UPC isn't even in the computer and they don't have any Star Wars stuff.

The 4 walmarts here have most of the stuff out and ALL have tags for Jabba's throne, but no sign of him....toy dept managers have scanned all of these upc's for me and said they have yet to receive this item.....

DarkJedi5
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
The 4 walmarts here have most of the stuff out and ALL have tags for Jabba's throne, but no sign of him....toy dept managers have scanned all of these upc's for me and said they have yet to receive this item.....

Though as a rule I've found Walmarts generally have no idea what's going on with exclusives like this. I remember when the droid factory sets were coming out and they didn't know if they had had them and sold out or if they had yet to come in. And they never showed up on order (which at least Jabba seems to be doing) so they couldn't even tell you if they were going to get any in at all! I hate Walmart exclusives, especially when they are as awesome as Jabba because everybody is gonna want this one.

bkusna
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Though as a rule I've found Walmarts generally have no idea what's going on with exclusives like this. I remember when the droid factory sets were coming out and they didn't know if they had had them and sold out or if they had yet to come in. And they never showed up on order (which at least Jabba seems to be doing) so they couldn't even tell you if they were going to get any in at all! I hate Walmart exclusives, especially when they are as awesome as Jabba because everybody is gonna want this one.

overall, these dept managers are pretty nice...they scanned the upc's and have noticed that they haven't had ANY come in yet...as far as when? they couldn't tell me...seems odd to have EVERYTHING else and a big gap on the shelves with the tag in place

TheDarthVader
08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
I will be going on a road trip soon, and I am going to hit up many wal marts. I feel very confident that I can find my favorite star wars alien (Jabba). This set is just totally sweet!!

bkusna
08-13-2010, 12:46 PM
I will be going on a road trip soon, and I am going to hit up many wal marts. I feel very confident that I can find my favorite star wars alien (Jabba). This set is just totally sweet!!

On thursday, all 4 of my walmarts had 2 each.....

DarkArtist
08-17-2010, 02:35 PM
still nothing by me as far as Walmart...at least Target has them out at the moment and they are cheaper then TRU so that's a plus