PDA

View Full Version : anyone want a new updated Shadows of the Empire Game ?

DarkArtist
08-09-2010, 12:29 PM
so i was thinking the other day about video games, Star Wars and The Force Unleashed and a thought occured to me....How cool would it be to see an updated version of Shadows of the Empire come out for all systems and feature new levels, amazing details, and of course multi-character/player capability...

so i know we got SOTE back when N64 was the hot item to have but the game back then lacked as far as graphics, story, play etc... I'm thinking that if LucasArts were to relaunch the game similiar to TFU then it might be a game worth making....

plus the promise of a re-launch/remake of toys for the Shadows game including all new SA versions of Dash Rendar, Luke with his vest, perhaps a new detailed Han Solo in Carbonite, maybe Leebo and of course a new detailed scaled Outrider as well...

what's everyone's thoughts on this?

JediTricks
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I dunno, I think that story has been told, and it's time to either move forward to a sequel game or just find another expression. I can't find a vision for a new SOTE game, especially multiplayer, that seems unfathomable. Star Wars has also switched to less focus on smugglers and stormtroopers to more Jedi and individual clone characters, so that gung-ho attitude in SOTE isn't really voiced right now in the greater SW experience.

El Chuxter
08-09-2010, 02:35 PM
No, but I'd love it if LucasArts would release the original (and Podracer and the original Rogue Squadron) for the Wii Virtual Console already. Never had an N64, but my limited experience on all three impressed me quite a bit.

preacher
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
No, but I'd love it if LucasArts would release the original (and Podracer and the original Rogue Squadron) for the Wii Virtual Console already. Never had an N64, but my limited experience on all three impressed me quite a bit.

You stole my thunder. I'll second that.

Darth Metalmute
08-09-2010, 07:18 PM
You stole my thunder. I'll second that.

I'll third that, but I wouldn't say no to a new SOTE. Completely remastered and new levels. A slightly easier IG-88 and a slightly harder Boba Fett.

Lord Malakite
08-09-2010, 08:39 PM
If it turns out to be a good remake game (like say what Metroid Zero Mission is to the original NES Metroid) then I'm not opposed to purchasing a new SOTE, but at the same time a new SOTE isn't a game I'd go out of my way to actively campaign for. I think I'd be more inclined to campaign for a new sequel (direct or spiritual) for the Rogue Squadron games (preferably one that is more "Expanded Universe" based) or for a new sequel (direct or spiritual) to the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games.

Don't forget to throw in Battle for Naboo. If you can look past the fact that its based on Episode I or takes place entirely on Naboo (except for 1 bonus mission) it actually isn't a bad game for those of you that like the Rogue Squadron games. I know a few people complain about the land/sea vehicle missions, but they still beat the "on foot" missions of Rogue Squadron III. ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
08-09-2010, 09:37 PM
I'll third that, but I wouldn't say no to a new SOTE. Completely remastered and new levels. A slightly easier IG-88 and a slightly harder Boba Fett.
A slightly harder Boba Fett? IG-88 was tough (and very scary since I had just read that Tales of the Bounty Hunters story), but I managed to get past him. I never did get past Boba Fett on the Gall Spaceport level. That was such a long level just to get to him, that I often lost too many of my spare lives just to get to him.

Lord Malakite
08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
A slightly harder Boba Fett? IG-88 was tough (and very scary since I had just read that Tales of the Bounty Hunters story), but I managed to get past him. I never did get past Boba Fett on the Gall Spaceport level. That was such a long level just to get to him, that I often lost too many of my spare lives just to get to him.
You guys do realize that SOTE had four difficulty settings (Easy, Medium, Hard, and Jedi)? If its too hard for you on one difficulty level you could of tried on an easier setting. Then again, if you want the best ending or the best "bonus point" cheats you have to beat it on the most difficult setting. Quite a predicament.

Luckily for you guys the game does have "button cheats" you can use to circumvent the higher difficulty levels. Nothing like taking control of a Wampa or Stormtrooper and using them as fodder to wipe out most of the other enemies. :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I probably had it on Medium or whatever the default setting was. I don't know if I learned any cheats for that game. I know I used some in the latter stages of Dark Forces.

JediTricks
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Boba Fett was a pretty easy boss once you got the rhythm, but you have to go up high and get outside. Then when you face down Slave I, just get behind it up close and it can't do squat.

IG-88 was scary even if you hadn't read the book, that was such a moody atmosphere and he's popping out of nowhere with that crazy language and blasting the crap out of you. The key there was to KEEP MOVING holy crap keep moving and look for those invincibility things in the smelting pots and oh my god keep moving and OH **** LOOK OUT THERE HE IS, DAMNIT I'm dead!!! Yeah, IG-88 was memorably difficult as a boss. I think that level made the character for me, before that I thought he was just a ridiculous, immobile-looking piece of set dressing, and after that game I really dug him.

Lord Malakite
08-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I probably had it on Medium or whatever the default setting was. I don't know if I learned any cheats for that game. I know I used some in the latter stages of Dark Forces.
If you still have access to the game, enjoy. :)

Debug Mode
Start a new game on Medium difficulty. Call it .Wampa..Stompa (Case sensitive). Start in a level and as soon as it starts press pause. Now press and hold all at once C up, C right, C down, C left, L, R, Z and Left on the d-pad. While holding these down gently move the control stick left halfway, and hold all this until you hear a sound. Do the same thing with the joystick facing right, then left, right and finally left. Make sure you keep the other buttons held down during this time.

If it worked pink writing will come up, and using L, R and A you can select cheats such as 50 lives, wall ghost, next level, gravity, jump power etc. To make the menu reappear each time you go back to the pause screen C up, C right, C down, C left, L, R, Z and Left on the d-pad.

Play as a Snowtrooper/Stormtrooper/Imperial Trooper
Begin a new file, and enter your name as '' Wampa Stompa''. There is one space before Wampa, and two before Stompa. The name is case-sensitive as well. Make sure your controller is set to the Traditional setting.

In any level featuring Imperial Troopers, press left on the control pad and right-C at the exact same time, then press up on the control pad. Pressing the right-C button will allow you to switch between the Trooper and Dash Rendar. Use the control pad to maneuver the Snowtrooper, and press down on the pad to fire his blaster gun.

Play as a Wampa
Begin a new file, and enter your name as '' Wampa Stompa''. There is one space before Wampa, and two before Stompa. The name is case-sensitive as well. Make sure your controller is set to the Traditional setting, and that you are playing on the Medium difficulty level or harder.

Now, enter the Echo Base level. Press left on the control pad and right-C at the exact same time, then press up on the pad. Press the right-C button to switch between the Wampa and Dash Rendar. Use the control pad to move the Wampa, and press down on the pad to slash its claws. Code also works on the "brown" Wampa creature on Boba Fett's stage.

Play as an AT-ST
Begin a new file, and enter your name as '' Wampa Stompa''. There is one space before Wampa, and two before Stompa. The name is case-sensitive as well. Make sure your controller is set to the Traditional setting.

Now enter the Battle of Hoth and play through until AT-STs join the battle. Press left on the control pad and right-C at the exact same time, then press up on the control pad. Then, press right-C to scroll through your camera angles. The over-the-shoulder view of your snowspeeder should now be replaced by that of an AT-ST. Use the control pad to move the AT-ST, and press up on the control pad to fire its cannon. Code does not work on the "boss" AT-ST found on the Echo Base and Boba Fett levels.

Use Leebo Scanner
Get all 87 challenge points on Easy or higher. Now hold down the camera button for about 5 seconds to activate.

Use X-Wing/TIE Fighter on Skyhook Battle
Get all 87 challenge points on Medium or higher. Now hold camera button down for 5 seconds to become an X-Wing, do it 5 seconds more to become a TIE Fighter.

Invincibility with all weapons
Get all 87 challenge points on Hard or higher. Now hold down C for about 15 seconds.

Receive no damage from Wampas
Get all 87 challenge points on Jedi.

Hidden text conversation in Ending Credits
Beat the game(Doesn't matter which difficulty) and during the entire ending sequence, hold C-Right. Then, look at the bottom of the screen during the credits for a hidden text conversation.

View ending sequence/credits
Select the rename option and enter ''_Credits'' as a name(Doesn't matter on what difficulty it is on). Note: The name is case-sensitive, with ''_'' indicating a space.
Now , just go to any level (Doesn't matter at all) and the ending sequence will play.

Skip all flight sequences
Select the rename option and enter ''Joe'' as a case-sensitive name.Then, set the difficulty level to ''Easy'' and start a game. Now , all the flight sequences (Hoth , Asteroid field and Skyhook battle) will be skipped.

Hear Wampa sounds whenever any menu is displayed
Being a new game with ''R_Testers_ROCK'' as a name. (case sensitive, ''_'' indicating a space) The sound of wampas roaring will be heard whenever a menu is accessed or displayed.

Darth Metalmute
08-10-2010, 08:29 AM

I don't remember Fett being that hard. The hardest part was getting up to him. Slave 1 was ridiculous until you figured out the quick way JT mentioned.

IG-88 was the hardest boss I have ever fought (highest difficulty) without using cheats. The worst part was that is some parts of the stage, he would blend in with the environment. When you lost all your lives, you would be so mad that you would come up with a new strategy, only to jump to your death off a skiff in the first part of the level as you were attempting it again.
I never beat it on that difficulty level, everytime I remember the game, that is what I think of.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2010, 09:38 AM
I remember it being tough. Not sure how many times it took me to beat it, but I think I probably just kept moving as JT suggested. I seem to recall it was around a big junk pile, so there were plenty of places to hide.

Ando
08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I need to play this game again. I used to play/replay the Boba Fett level just for fun to relax sometimes. GREAT GAME!

I would buy an updated version for the Wii or a sequel.