PDA

View Full Version : Cdmr. Cody is here!

jonthejedi
08-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Prebooks 8/19. Great-looking detail on the helmet...can't wait to see the full reveal(please come with Obi's lightsaber). Sideshow may have knocked this one out of the park(with Hot Toys' help, of course).

AmanaMatt
08-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I want to see what the final production paint will look like on the actual head...their work as of late has been incredibly inconsistent

Blue2th
08-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Looking forward to this one. It's got that base as the exclusive. It should have been Obi-Wan's lightsaber I have to agree.
Here's the link with pics:
http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2f%3fp%3d234 07

jonthejedi
08-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Prebooking at 8:30 EST...picked up the exclusive.

Darth Metalmute
08-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I love it when the exclusive is the base.

I don't feel bad at all for missing it.

JediTricks
08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Wow, the exclusive still hasn't sold through. A TBD on the edition size, but they haven't been very big lately. I suspect Sideshow has just hit the pricing wall on 1:6. It's a cool figure, but I can't find $125 of love for it.

AmanaMatt
08-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow, the exclusive still hasn't sold through. A TBD on the edition size, but they haven't been very big lately. I suspect Sideshow has just hit the pricing wall on 1:6. It's a cool figure, but I can't find $125 of love for it.

I think a lot of people are just not interested in the stand as an exclusive. I personally order at one of the online retailers and save $25 a pop...I think that the slowness of the exclusive sellout has as much to do with that, as anything. But, you never know. $125 is a lot of $$$$

JediTricks
08-22-2010, 10:27 PM
A hundred even? Dang, that's a good get, I can totally see that. When I got my Sideshow exclusive edition Vader last year just before Comic-Con, it was $125 plus shipping and tax, and when I stepped into Comic-Con and they had the normal edition for $120 out the door, I almost ate my hat.

AmanaMatt
08-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Not quite that good.....I get mine from Alter ego and its $113 plus $12 shipping, so its $125 shipped versus SS's price of $124.99 plus approx $15 shipping to Texas, so by the time its all done, I've saved about $20 (I overestimated)...being cheap helps

Sideshow's shipping has gone way up - I noticed with Cody Alter egos shipping is about $3 than normal, so I may have exaggerated......

Jayspawn
08-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Preordered Cody at BBTS. Passed on all the Clone figures in favor of my favorite.

jedibear
09-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, that exclusive stand is numbered at 1000 and finally at WL status, although I imagine around release time those who really want it may get it.

Cody is the one Clone Trooper I've really been waiting for...he looks great...if the proto is any indication, he'll be another smashing successful collaboration for Sideshow and Hot Toys. The only thing that looks a little weak on the proto is the paint apps on the head sculpt...a little flat looking and please, no lip gloss on the prod piece, Sideshow!

So glad to see him with the new body suit and new stand. Sounds like a good selection of switch-out hands, although I wish Sideshow would include a "pointing finger" one for these clones...it's a common gesture that we've seen the Clones use a lot in both the films and the cartoons and would be a simple way to increase posing opportunities.

Looks like he'll feature plenty of firepower too.

The only thing he's "missing" is Kenobi's saber hilt...would've been the perfect exclusive besides that stand.

This is my most anticipated Sideshow figure in a while...hope he's a great one!

Jayspawn
09-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Aside from Count Dooku (not sure what Sideshow is doing), Cody is my most anticipated. While I think the Tem Morrison likeness is off a bit -I'm still very excited about him. I'll probably pick up an extra Kenobi saber to give to him.

Blue2th
09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah I'm going to get him eventually. I've passed on everything offered by Sideshow this year, but he's the one I've been anticipating the most. I only somewhat regret not getting Vader, hoping for an ESB or especially a ROTJ one, but everything else was easy to pass on.

Don't really care about Cody's exclusive stand, though I did get the Utapau Clone with it.