PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Beanz

sonofsokol
08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
I bought a couple packs of the Star Wars Mighty Beanz the other day and my 5 year old and 2 year old can't get enough of them. My 2 year old always has at least a couple beanz in his hands or his pockets.

They come in a pack of 4 and you can see only one of them in the package's window and the other 3 are a mystery. I've only purchased 3 packs so far and have not had any duplicates, so I wonder how they are split up. Like does every pack that has Jabba visible in the window have the same other beanz??? The package says there is like over 75 Star Wars style beans, so there is a part of me that wants to collect them all. I guess if you get duplicates you can always trade them around like B.A.D. pieces...

Has anyone else purchased any Star Wars Mighty Beanz?

JediTricks
08-20-2010, 12:20 AM
I saw them at Target when they hit LA just after Comic-Con, and chuckled, but didn't buy. I don't see the appeal of mighty beanz overall, but something felt "right" about these, like they had always been there, like SW bobbleheads and silliness like that.

sonofsokol
08-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I had not originally planned on buying any either, but my son saw a commercial for them and asked if you could get some. I don't really get the point of them, but they just love carrying them around. I guess it's like when I was a kid a collected Garbage Pail Kids cards or M.U.S.C.L.E. men. They don't have a ton of play value, but they are fun to collect. Heck, if they slap a Star Wars logo on it, I am likely to buy just about anything...