PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football 2010

CaptainSolo1138
08-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Anyone interested? If I can get a few from here I can surely fill it from elsewhere. I haven't started a league yet but will if the response is positive.

sonofsokol
08-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I've enjoyed the fantasy baseball so I'd be in for football too.

figrin bran
08-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes, I am interested

Darth Metalmute
09-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I'll sign up too.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I still haven't figured out how people run multiple leagues concurrently. Mine has its draft tomorrow (makes it easier to deal with released and IR'd players, I guess). Looking to continue my streak of consecutive division titles and playoff appearances, but hoping to avoid the two playoff losses last year and disappointing 4th-place no-cash finish. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I know that no one cares about another owner's draft... but I can't help it! :D Here's the 19 I drafted or protected (* = projected starters for the '10 Womp Rats)...

QB T.Romo DAL *, M.Ryan ATL
RB L.McCoy PHI *, M.Barber DAL *, L.Johnson WAS, J.Norwood ATL, K.Darby STL
WR R.Wayne IND *, D.Driver GB *, M.Manningham NYG, B.Berrian MIN, M.Williams SEA, D.McCluster KC
TE A.Gates SD *, B.Pettigrew DET
K N.Kaeding SD *, R.Bironas TEN
DEF Baltimore *, Arizona
(we have a "flex" player [RB, WR, TE] position, too)

We voted out the IDP since it wasn't worth enough points for the effort.

Darth Metalmute
09-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I hate having people in my league that no nothing about football. We had someone draft Arron Rodgers with the 4th overall pick, which created a QB free-for-all. Today, a trade was proposed to the league that had Tom Brady going for Knoshawn Moreno straight up.

Mister Roboto
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Anyone interested? If I can get a few from here I can surely fill it from elsewhere. I haven't started a league yet but will if the response is positive.

If you need another, let me know.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Womp Rats version 2010 are now 1-0, ranked #3 in the league. :thumbsup:
I have no bench this year, so my starters need to stay healthy. Please?

figrin bran
09-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Not a great week as I went 0-3. However, it's a long season.

CaptainSolo1138
09-18-2010, 02:08 AM
Hmmmm..... These replies didn't show up in my inbox so I never checked back. My bad.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks to Indy still throwing with a big lead in the 4th, I pulled out a 10-point win to be one of four 2-0 teams in my league (I have the #2 power ranking [based on record, points scored, overall teams beat each week]).

figrin bran
09-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Not a great week as I went 0-3. However, it's a long season.

Looks like it's going to be a really, really long season.

I went 0-3 once again.

Hines Ward with 9 yards has to be one of the worst stat lines I've seen in quite some time.

Darth Metalmute
09-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Tom Brady has already been traded twice in our league.

I had the worst week one match-ups and finished with under 60 points and a loss, worst team in the league. I followed it up by benching Farve for Orton and scored 97 points in a blowout win.

My strategy usually is to forgo a stud running back in favor of a constant 10-14 points from solid WRs. But this year my top two picks were taken before I could even pick and M. Turner fell into my lap.

DarthQuack
09-22-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm 2-0 and 1-1 in my two leagues....both with Peyton Manning at the helm. He's so much fun to have that's for damn sure. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2010, 06:23 PM
A decision about whom to start at my flex position (I went with WR N.Washington TEN instead of WR M.Manningham NYG) cost me a win, and I fell to #5 in the power rankings, but still would make the playoffs ITSET*. Some of my big producers will be healing themselves on the bye week, so we'll see if I can get back on the win streak.

* = if the season ended today (which of course it doesn't)

Darth Metalmute
10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Ugh... this week stunk.

By the time the afternoon games started, I was down 5 points with 4 players (3 WR and Def) left for me and 2 left for my opponent (TE and K). So it's in the bag right? Wrong. Vick went down and so did DeShaun Jackson. San Diego went up so fast that the running game took over. But as the games were ending, I was only down 3 with B Marsh left. Until the unthinkable happened. Arizona, down 41-7, kicked a 53 yard field goal with 3:17 left in the fourth quarter. Who lines up for a 53 yard field goal down by 34 points late in the fourth? Thats a five point kick, and I'm now in a 8 point hole. B. Marsh is not thrown to in the first half and finished with 50 yards.

My three number 1 wide outs (Marshall, Jackson, and Floyd) combined for 0 yards in the first half of their games and 12 overall.

Sorry to vent but I am fuming. 53 yard field goal down by 34......

DarthQuack
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
4-0 in my one league and 2-2 in the other. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
For the first time in ages, I outscored the league this week, which vaulted the Womp Rats to 3-1 and the #2 power ranking. But McCoy's rib issue hurts me, since I'm already thin at RB (although K.Darby STL helped this past week while M.Barber DAL was on a bye).

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Worst week scoring since I joined this league (just over 82 points), so I dropped to Power #7... but tied for my division lead at 3-3 with THE ENTIRE DIVISION?!? Our league has one team each at 5-1 and 4-2, nine at 3-3, and an 0-6. Weird.

Darth Metalmute
10-26-2010, 08:10 AM
We had seven 4-2 teams going into this weekend. The lone 3-3 team, has made 32 moves so far this year, including 6 trades. He has only two of his original 15 drafted players.

Rogue II
10-26-2010, 08:47 AM
I have 3 teams. Lucky for me, of all 3 of them, I only have 1 Cowboy reciever. And with Romo going down, I just put Miles Austin on the trading block. I'll probably take whatever I'm offered.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Losing QB Romo and not starting the supposed-to-be-out TE Gates earned me even LESS than last week's all-time low in points. Three straight weeks with the "flex" position scoring NADA! :mad: The Womp Rats have plummeted to #11 out of 12 teams (not that they were #2 just 3 weeks ago :cry: ). And bye weeks hurt, too (don't have Baltimore's D [maybe not such a bad thing after last week's Buffalo-ing], RB McCoy, or QB Ryan this week). Sigh... :upset:

DarthQuack
10-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Still doing alright in my two leagues....first and second with 5-2 and 4-3 records. Thought I was going to lose without Peyton in one of my leagues but my backup of Matt Ryan worked just fine! :)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-16-2010, 07:12 PM
A Womp Rats' 3-game losing streak has now been offset by a 3-game winning one... and I am now tied for first place with FOUR OTHER TEAMS?!? Tied for first in my division by two other squads? But ranked only #6 in power rankings. Curiouser and you know...

Three more weeks to go for our playoffs, with the odd tiebreakers having to be dusted off, perhaps if this many teams maintain their records.

UKWildcat
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Damn, shame we weren't able to put a league together this year... who dropped the ball on that one? Cappy? KH? ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-23-2010, 09:13 AM
My 2nd-highest point total in my 3 years there was only the 4th-best this week (but better than my head-to-head opponent :yes: ). The Womp Rats' 7-4 record is 3-way tied for 1st in the whole league... with 2 other of my division foes. A nice 4-game win streak has offset my mid-season woes and these last 2 games are divisional contests. If I win both, I'm sure I get one of the 2 the playoff byes (currently power-ranked as #3 overall).

Darth Metalmute
11-23-2010, 10:04 AM
I scored 85 points this weekend.... and lost by 60.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
This year, the best record was a 3-way tie at 8-5, but with tie-breakers, the Womp Rats get the bye week as the #2 seed. I hope to avoid last year's scenario, when I was 8-5, with the #2 seed and a bye and lost the next two games. :(

Darth Metalmute
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
four weeks ago I was all alone in first place and after a four game losing streak I end up in the toilet bowl. I finished up with an impressive 42 point performance. Anyone can score over a hundred points, it takes skill to score below 50.

figrin bran
12-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I barely got the #6 seed in one of my leagues. My team was the overall points leader but I was on the wrong end of too many shootouts. However, the points that I did put up proved decisive as the points scored tiebreaker got me the 6 spot.

Of course, it would have been easier this past week had I just won outright but Dwayne Bowe and Peyton Hillis had subpar games.

Darth Metalmute
12-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Bowe had zero points thanks to the only decent Bronco McDaniels didn't trade away.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Anyone can score over a hundred points, it takes skill to score below 50.This year, our league had a blistering 38.7-point performance in week 4.

DarthQuack
12-08-2010, 07:18 PM
6th place got me the final playoff spot in my big $ league....should be a tough road to the championship!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2010, 10:09 AM
AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :upset:

The original schedule after the bye week had me playing a team (8-5, wild card) of whom I've gone 6-0 over the last 3 seasons, with player matchups in my favor. Then, a couple days later, the schedule showed me playing a different team (7-6, division winner) of whom I've only beaten once or twice, with worse matchups. :confused: The result? Womp Rats lose by 4, and unless Matt Forte scores 40+ fantasy points tonight, I'd have gone on to the title game with the "wrong" schedule. :mad:

Oh, and guess who is the commissioner of the league, the one who sets the schedule in the playoffs? Could it be... my opponent this week? Yes. :conspiracytheory: :rolleyes:

DarthQuack
12-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Need the Bears D to give me at least 1.5 points tonight and I'm in the Super Bowl!!!! Either $300 will be coming my way or $600+!!! :)

Rogue II
12-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Almost a rough week for me. One team finished 10-3 and was the #2 seed. Had the first round bye and got killed this weekend The final score should be around 80-154. Ouch.

My 2nd team is a 2 QB league. I didn't trust Matt Cassel, so I decided to pick up another QB. I narrowed it down to Kitna or Jason Campbell. I went with Campbell, and I was wrong. But, I have Chicago's D/Special Teams, who put up some crazy points for me. Winner.

My 3rd team just missed the playoffs, but is in a close game in the consolation bracket. I'm winning by 5, but he has Harvin playing right now.

Edit: Got my teams mixed up & Harvin came up a point shy for my opponent.

Darth Metalmute
12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
The great Tim Tebow powered my team to a victory this weekend. His 25+ points was just enough to push me into the Consolation Championship.

DarthQuack
12-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm in the Super Bowl!!! Very excited to be there as the last seed, and my first shot at the championship and big money! :)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Ended up in 3rd, which I believe earns me nada in dinero for doing so (except I do get a few bucks for being a division winner: 3rd year in a row for that). I am now 4-3 in playoff games over that same stretch, winning the league two years ago (but going 1-3 since :( ).

Our league has a major issue in the championship game about whether an injury replacement player was legitimately picked up in time and the proper way, since the spread in that game was about 7 points and the player in question scored more than that. Glad I'm not involved in that, with my 3rd place participation ribbon thank you very much. :pleased: