PDA

View Full Version : Saga Legends - Jango Fett Question

Umbra
08-22-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I was hoping one of you fine folks out there might be able to solve my confusion on this.

I originally heard that Saga Legends was supposed to get a version of the Fett Evolutions Jango with a finally corrected color scheme (no longer so purple) as in : http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS21115A

However, now I'm seeing that the poncho version was released instead: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS18920&mode=retail

Do we know what caused the switch, and/or if we are still going to get the color corrected Evolutions Jango?

JediTricks
08-22-2010, 09:37 PM
The one shown in that EE pic is not Evo Jango, it's the 2002 Saga "Kamino Escape" Jango. Checking ebay, that's the one in the samples that are in-hand there, so that's what we're getting. The cardback photo does show the poncho version, but either that's coming as a running change or was pulled or was a mistake all along.

They are releasing the Evo Jango later this year on Vintage card, and they added a new poncho and added the splines to the gauntlets, and I think I remember them saying a new rocket pack, but the suit color is still lavender: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/after-panel-new-collectibles/p36666-star-wars.html

Umbra
08-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Ah okay, thank you very much for the clarification. I must have misread or misunderstood something along the way then. I have been wanting the Evolution Jango with a corrected color scheme so maybe it was just wishful thinking.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2010, 12:31 PM
The one shown in that EE pic is not Evo Jango, it's the 2002 Saga "Kamino Escape" Jango. Checking ebay, that's the one in the samples that are in-hand there, so that's what we're getting. The cardback photo does show the poncho version, but either that's coming as a running change or was pulled or was a mistake all along.

They are releasing the Evo Jango later this year on Vintage card, and they added a new poncho and added the splines to the gauntlets, and I think I remember them saying a new rocket pack, but the suit color is still lavender: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/after-panel-new-collectibles/p36666-star-wars.html
It's the multi-colored Kamino jetpack (similar to Boba's) as opposed to the smaller blue Geonosis one.

The suit doesn't look as lavender to me. It's more of a light blue - certainly better than the Evo and Geonosis Arena Showdown ones, at least.

RENDAR LIVES
08-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I agree that the new vintage one looks more of a lighter blue than lavendar and I hope it's not just lighting. If this Jango is the correct color then I may never need another Jango again. It seems like a definitive version.

DarkJedi5
08-26-2010, 10:32 AM
If this Jango is the correct color then I may never need another Jango again. It seems like a definitive version.

Really? Even with the giant razors coming out of his gauntlets? Cause I don't think that this figure could be used for much more than one diorama based on a split second of screen time.

JediTricks
08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Looking at the pics in the slideshow, I don't know how you guys can say it's not lavender. It certainly isn't the blue of the Saga versions that we've been asking for, the color it appeared on-screen.

Darth Awgmon
08-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Sort of off topic, but is the Evo Jango the same one that came in the most recent Geonosis arena 2pack at Target (with Coleman Trebor I think)? Has Hasbro ever explained what is up with the purple on all the Jangos?

DarkJedi5
08-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Sort of off topic, but is the Evo Jango the same one that came in the most recent Geonosis arena 2pack at Target (with Coleman Trebor I think)? Has Hasbro ever explained what is up with the purple on all the Jangos?

The Geonosis set is the dame sculpt, just repainted in a more maroonish color. I think Hasbro has said that the costume itself appears more purplish in real life, however because of the lighting, effects, and other distortions it appears blue in the film.

JediTricks
08-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Ah okay, thank you very much for the clarification. I must have misread or misunderstood something along the way then. I have been wanting the Evolution Jango with a corrected color scheme so maybe it was just wishful thinking.No, they did say they had a Jango planned as a basic figure in 2010 that was blue not purple, so you aren't mis-remembering that. It's just not this Saga Legends figure.

Sort of off topic, but is the Evo Jango the same one that came in the most recent Geonosis arena 2pack at Target (with Coleman Trebor I think)? Has Hasbro ever explained what is up with the purple on all the Jangos?No, they haven't really explained it, I just read all the answers, they said it was on purpose, they said they had a 2010 Jango coming up that had blue instead of purple, but they never actually explained why. There are some behind-the-scenes shots of the costume that SORTA look purple/lavender, but nothing as extreme as what Hasbro's been doing lately. All the purple suits I've seen outside of the Hasbro figures are on book covers and other materials that Lucasfilm has photoshopped, so it's possible the purple/lavender look is the official "new vision" for the character - stupid Lucas shifting canon every few months to suit his mood.