PDA

View Full Version : How many 2010 UGH foil cards are you missing???????

bkusna
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I still need 8 more.....waiting for the wave 2 revision cases....:(

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I have not seen one yet, so I suppose... all of them, then?

bigbarada
09-01-2010, 09:18 PM
How many UGH foil cards are out there right now? Well that's how many I'm missing. :p

TheDarthVader
09-02-2010, 12:36 AM
My wal mart had wave 2 revision 1 and wave 2 revision 2. So I could have had eight. But I am not interested in a complete set. But the four that were missing were magnaguard foil, cody foil, han foil, and darth vader foil. I bought the grievous, sidious, anakin, and fett foils.

Wave 2
1x Darth Sidious
1x Anakin Skywalker
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
1x General Grievous with Cape
1x Magnaguard Droid [FOIL]
1x Sandtrooper
1x Clone Trooper (Episode III)
1x Commander Cody [FOIL]
1x Han Solo (Hoth Hangar) [FOIL]
1x Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
1x Darth Vader [FOIL]
1x Boba Fett

This Wave 2 Revision 1 case includes 12 individually packaged Star Wars action figures (subject to change):
1x Darth Sidious
1x Anakin Skywalker
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi [FOIL]
1x General Grievous with Cape
1x Magnaguard Droid
1x Sandtrooper
1x Clone Trooper [FOIL]
1x Commander Cody
1x Han Solo (Hoth Hangar)
1x Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) [FOIL]
1x Darth Vader
1x Boba Fett [FOIL]
(subject to change)

This Wave 2 Revision 2 case includes 12 individually packaged Star Wars action figures (subject to change):
1x Darth Sidious [FOIL]
1x Anakin Skywalker [FOIL]
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
1x General Grievous with Cape [FOIL]
1x Magnaguard Droid
1x Sandtrooper [FOIL]
1x Clone Trooper (Episode III)
1x Commander Cody
1x Han Solo (Hoth Hangar)
1x Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
1x C-3PO (Removable Panels)
1x Darth Vader

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-02-2010, 01:31 AM
As with Bel-Cam and bigbarada, I have none, as I haven't seen anything from this wave yet. I know I'll be buying some to keep carded, for sure - especially prequel characters, and one rocket-firing Boba Fett (who's not UGH, but, y'know). I won't be getting an entire carded set (or even an entire UGH carded set) due to a lack of space, but the proof cards I got at CV are just so damned cool that I'll have to pick up a few (especially Grievous and, whenever he inevitably comes out, Darth Maul).

DarkArtist
09-02-2010, 07:28 AM
0 since I'm not collecting them...have no desire to try and track these down...although have seen dozens of them in the wild

Darth Jax
09-02-2010, 07:31 AM
0 - i get the figures i want these days, not ones just because they have some shiny foil on the package.

bigbarada
09-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Found about 5 Sandtroopers at WM today and the figure with the best paint job had a foil card, so I bought that one. I would have preferred the non-foil version, but those figures had some seriously screwed up paint apps on their eyes.

If I find a better version of the figure on the non-foil card, then I will get that one to display and this foil-carded one will be my opener. Either that, or I'll sell it on Ebay to some sucker who goes in for this sort of thing.

bkusna
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Went to 6 walmarts today and each had 2 cases of wave 2...I now have an army of magnaguards(12) and returned 20 figures to TRU.....

Snowtrooper
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I really have no desire to collect every foil version they put out. I might pick up a few just for ***** & giggles, but that'll be about it. I guess I'm not a real fan of collecting chase figures, unless they are something significant.

bkusna
09-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Only one I'm missing now is commander cody.....:hurt:

AmanaMatt
09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
In my Sandtrooper UGH, there is the one main blaster; in the standard card, it comes with that blaster and rifle from the Dewback set.....weird.

bkusna
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
In my Sandtrooper UGH, there is the one main blaster; in the standard card, it comes with that blaster and rifle from the Dewback set.....weird.

Nice variation......I found a sandtrooper UGH that had some weathering on it....probably not meant to be there, but it looks like some assembly line worker with grimy hands smeared soot all over his head and chest...way cool

bkusna
09-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Here's an early production image of your rare find http://http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/new_images/hasbroTVCcarded0830/pages/HasbroTVCcarded008.html (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/new_images/hasbroTVCcarded0830/pages/HasbroTVCcarded008.html)

DarkJedi5
09-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Nice variation......I found a sandtrooper UGH that had some weathering on it....probably not meant to be there, but it looks like some assembly line worker with grimy hands smeared soot all over his head and chest...way cool

What makes this rare? The version (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/basic-3-3-2f4-22-figures/p35732-star-wars.html) shown at CV was displayed with that blaster and the version (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p36567-star-wars.html) in the slide show is also shown with that blaster. As far as I can tell this is the only way it's coming.

bkusna
09-03-2010, 11:10 PM
What makes this rare? The version (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/basic-3-3-2f4-22-figures/p35732-star-wars.html) shown at CV was displayed with that blaster and the version (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p36567-star-wars.html) in the slide show is also shown with that blaster. As far as I can tell this is the only way it's coming.

Did anyone notice that the sandtrooper is packed with his backpack upside down?????

bikerscout
09-04-2010, 07:42 AM
My 4 down are vader, Han, Cody, and Magnaguard. 8 to go. I was lookin at the sandie earlier and noticed the backpack, but wasn't payin attention if it was upside down, I'm sure it was.

jonthejedi
09-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Anyone know if the Vintage 2010 figures fit ok(or badly...or at all) in the "Official" Star Wars protective cases(10/14.99) that HTS sells. Is their a better one? Would like to protect my foil wave better.

bkusna
09-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Anyone know if the Vintage 2010 figures fit ok(or badly...or at all) in the "Official" Star Wars protective cases(10/14.99) that HTS sells. Is their a better one? Would like to protect my foil wave better.

They work GREAT!!!!! I just ordered two more cases...remember to use the promo code sw2010 at check out to receive a 10% discount...The only problem with these cases is they are made to accommodate most figures , so it's a about an inch and a half deeper than I would prefer....just for storage reasons...takes up alot of space being so deep.....

jonthejedi
09-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Thanx bkusna for input...I'll try them(yeah, I was kinda thinking about the depth issue...especially with the old Saga blisters).

bikerscout
09-20-2010, 01:06 AM
i wonder if ROTS cases will work? --i doubt it

bkusna
09-20-2010, 01:18 AM
i wonder if ROTS cases will work? --i doubt it
Those ROTS cases that came from the 5 pack, I believe, were made of some very cheap plastic that's hazy and matted....Not nearly as clear and pristine as those HTS ones...

jonthejedi
09-23-2010, 04:28 AM
Help! 4 days later I get an email from HTS the cases are disco...none available. Any ideas on who else carries them?

bkusna
09-23-2010, 07:18 AM
WOW...that's truly absurd....I just received Two 10-packs last week and another 2 packs a month ago???? They must be planning on developing another case that's not as deep....let's hope so and that this is not hasbro trying to make it impossible for MOC collectors to protect their investments on the vintage and rocket fetts....

bkusna
09-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Help! 4 days later I get an email from HTS the cases are disco...none available. Any ideas on who else carries them?
I remember calling Hasbro this summer asking them if they had a case that would fit the newer , smaller redback cards and they said they are waiting for this current design to sell through before changing....so there might be some hope

*****UPDATE*** just spoke with Hasbro cust serv and they said the item is out of stock....it will not show up online until it's back in stock....you can do a search for item# 87010 if you want to view it online...hope this helps....

jonthejedi
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
I could try Brian's Toys...but I noticed 2 different SW protective case lengths...the SDCC 501st trooper & the online SWShop FU stormtrooper commander do not match. The Vintage foils fit in 1, but not the other. I hate to take a chance on online ordering if I can't be sure(not so concerned about the depth.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I think if I see any foils on the pegs, as long as I don't have that figure (and even if it's one of those I had no desire to buy), I will likely buy it. If I find one. IF.

bkusna
09-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I think if I see any foils on the pegs, as long as I don't have that figure (and even if it's one of those I had no desire to buy), I will likely buy it. If I find one. IF.
The foils are really hard to pass up....There's something about that shiny foil that pulls a jedi mindtrick on me everytime.....

El Chuxter
09-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I've passed on several. If I were in a store buying figures and the one with a foil card had the best paint, I'd take that one and royally p*** off a lot of people by opening it. Otherwise, I don't care.

bkusna
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM
I've passed on several. If I were in a store buying figures and the one with a foil card had the best paint, I'd take that one and royally p*** off a lot of people by opening it. Otherwise, I don't care.

most of my collection is opened....A plain foil cardback without a figure attached is still pretty cool...

bkusna
10-06-2010, 05:11 PM
TRUs here confirmed that NO MORE foil cards will be stocked ....All remaining WAVE 2 will be the nonfoil.....so get them while you can, especially at Target since they are just now stocking the foils...:yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I did find some (Palpy, Sand Troop, Grievie), and so I think I'm good for now on foils.

bikerscout
10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
TRUs here confirmed that NO MORE foil cards will be stocked ....All remaining WAVE 2 will be the nonfoil.....so get them while you can, especially at Target since they are just now stocking the foils...:yes:

how do u know that they're just saying that to keep scalpers away?? so they can cherrypick for themselves? that sux for collectors

6 more to go. Fett is gonna be a m&^$&$#$^^&er

bkusna
10-06-2010, 09:19 PM
how do u know that they're just saying that to keep scalpers away?? so they can cherrypick for themselves? that sux for collectors

6 more to go. Fett is gonna be a m&^$&$#$^^&er

The TRU manager I talk to is pretty legit.....He said since they got the foil waves so early that everything that's slated to ship is now the nonfoils...I did notice this last weekend in Dallas...they had 22 sandtroopers and 18 magnaguards and a plethora of wave 2...NONE were foil

bikerscout
10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
their prices suck anyway. These figs aren't clamshelled. --this isn't 2007 vtac or earlier Votc. dunno why they want 10 a pop

bkusna
10-06-2010, 09:34 PM
their prices suck anyway. These figs aren't clamshelled. --this isn't 2007 vtac or earlier Votc. dunno why they want 10 a pop

I only reason why I buy any vintage figure from TRU is that my TRU gets figures about 6 weeks before walmart or target....I just return them later after I find them at the other retails....

bikerscout
10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
that's what i did. Saved the trouble of tryin to find them later. Had to get em before the scalpers swallowed them up