PDA

View Full Version : 2010: The Year NCAA Makes Contact

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2010, 10:56 PM
College football's back, oh yeah!

Not too many upsets after week 1 (the Jacksonville St. 2-pt conversion win was one, and Pitt intercepting itself in OT at Utahwas another :( ). Ohio State looks strong against We Were Marshall. Oregon pounds out a 72-0 drubbing, Alabama defends its title run by knowing the way to defeat San Jose. Youngstown State had lead versus Penn State, and actually scored two TDs and held them under 50. ;)

bkusna
09-04-2010, 11:17 PM
College football's back, oh yeah!

Not too many upsets after week 1 (the Jacksonville St. 2-pt conversion win was one, and Pitt intercepting itself in OT at Utahwas another :( ). Ohio State looks strong against We Were Marshall. Oregon pounds out a 72-0 drubbing, Alabama defends its title run by knowing the way to defeat San Jose. Youngstown State had lead versus Penn State, and actually scored two TDs and held them under 50. ;)

My SOONERS didn't look very good tonight....Florida State coming into town next week.....OOOOHHH NOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry:

DarkJedi5
09-05-2010, 12:58 AM
The Pac-10 (soon to be the 12-Pac) has gotten off to an okay start. Not as good as ESPN had predicted but they seemed to be headed towards 6-4 in week 1 which isn't bad. Especially against some pretty good teams in Kansas St., TCU, BYU and Oklahoma St. A lot of my own fears have been eased by my Bears' drubbing of fellow UC school, Davis. Our true freshman Wide Receiver seems like he's legit; 4 catches for 120 yards and a TD PLUS 3 carries for 38 yards and a TD!

Rocketboy
09-05-2010, 08:29 AM
In other news, the NHL kicks off October 7th!

:D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2010, 10:03 AM
In other news, the NHL kicks off October 7th!

:DUh, this thread is about contact sports (with less-paid players) when the medical staff comes on the surface after every 7th play. Choose correctly, thank you. :pleased:

I love how my newspaper had a Heisman Watch box with about 15 players' opening week's stats listed. Can we wait just a little bit to hype everybody, please?

Snowtrooper
09-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Nebraska beats Western Kentucky 49-10. The offense looked good, but the defense played kinda sloppy in part to the linebacking corp being decimated. I hope we get our act together when we play Washington.

Ando
09-06-2010, 01:59 AM
More on that 72-0 Oregon vs New Mexico game: Everyone on Oregon's squad (except the redshirts) got to play yesterday.

They pulled the starting quarterback before the end of the 2nd quarter (up 59-0 at the end of the first half).

Tied the school record for most points (72 against Nevada in 1999) and broke the record for overall yardage in a game.

Go DUCKS.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2010, 10:51 AM
One of the sports shows said it was only a record against D-1 schools, Ando. Apparently they tallied around 140-something against a lower division opponent. Does that make them the Pac-10+2-1(2010)=12? favorite then?

DarkJedi5
09-06-2010, 12:39 PM
They were a strong favorite in the preseason polls. Most people think that the Civil War will determine the Rose Bowl. Personally, the Pac looks pretty wide open this year and I've still got some questions about the Ducks' QB. With the Ducks flying south to Neyland Stadium next week, I think we'll get a good idea about what the Ducks can do.

Rocketboy
09-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Uh, this thread is about contact sports (with less-paid players) when the medical staff comes on the surface after every 7th play. Choose correctly, thank you. :pleased:Hey, I'm just sayin' that football would be better...if it were hockey.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Frozen tundra, eh? Centers, hits, goals, timeouts, offensive shifts, penalties, OT are in both. Clearly, they are the same sport. :pleased:

mtriv73
09-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Sigh, A few less boneheaded plays and I'd be having a much better Tuesday. Oh well, Boise State definitely earned the win.

Darth Metalmute
09-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I can't believe how low scoring that game was considering how bad the defenses played last night. I know 66 points is a lot, but man, it seemed like everyone was open.

mtriv73
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
There was a lot of running and that really bleeds time off the clock. Aside from the first few minutes of the game and the last few minutes of the game, I thought the VT defense was pretty solid (considering the inexperience factor.) They allowed a lot fewer points than I expected.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2010, 10:28 AM
The Buckeyes, aside from some special teams letdowns, looked quite strong in their home win against Miami of FL. Pitt won their scheduled bounce-back game, after the sadness that was Utah. And Youngstown St., high off their Penn State decent showin,g throttled NCAA basketball power Butler... in football.

If people didn't like having Boise St. win last week, that win might have a tarnish to it after the JM/VT game yesterday.

Snowtrooper
09-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I was surprised that James Madison won. I thought after last week, VT would be angry and crush JM this week.

Nebraska looked better this week. They had 5 sacks and 5 interceptions in a 38 to 17 win against Idaho. The score was 31-3 at halftime, so I think they laid off in the second half. Our new QB, Taylor Martinez, looked pretty good, although he had more rushing yards than passing.

Now comes our first real test. We have to go to Seattle to play a good Washington team at an extremely loud stadium.

bkusna
09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
BOOMER SOONER!!!! Landry Jones was 16-19 for 260 yards and 4 TD's before halftime against the "mighty" NOLES.....I've booked my tickets and hotel for the BiG 12 championship in Dallas already....SOONERS vs nebraska.....

DarkJedi5
09-12-2010, 01:42 PM
52-7. That's how my Bears welcomed future conference member Colorado to the Pac! The Bears forced 5 turnovers all of which resulted in points, including an 82 yard fumble returned for a touchdown. Honestly, Colorado isn't a stellar team, but when are we gonna start getting a little respect? The spread on this game was 8 points (I could be mistake but it wasn't more than 10) and we made Colorado look just 4 points better than D I-A UC Davis.

mtriv73
09-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, what have we learned this week class? The lesson learned is to never "expect" a win over an opponent. Brian Stinespring (the VT offensive coordinator) needs to be shown the way to the curb. He has 2 of the best backs in the nation and one of the top quarterbacks and he still couldn't string together enough plays to get by JMU. :embarrassed:

Ando
09-13-2010, 01:21 PM
The Oregon Ducks invaded Knoxville on Saturday, and rolled out of there with a 48-13 win. FORTY FIVE unanswered points after the Vols took and early lead and the Ducks had to make major adjustments.

After the 70 minute lightning delay, they Ducks turned up the heat and never let up.

Go Ducks!

Snowtrooper
09-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Nebraska defeated Washington 56-21 at Seattle today. While it was a decisive win, theres a few areas of concern. We're still a little soft against the run and the offense needs to hang onto the ball better. The 21 points ended a streak of games in which we held opponents to less than 20 points. We did, however, fumble the ball right by the goal line and Washington took it in, so 7 of those we kinda gave to them.

The good news is that T. Martinez appears to be the man. He can really make this offense go, and he's only a freshman. His throwing still needs some work, but hopefully that will develop as the season progresses. He's got great running abilities. He had an 80 yard run which was a thing of beauty. Thus far, he's been pretty impressive, but we'll see how he handles stouter defenses down the road.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2010, 11:02 AM
YSU beat up Central SomeState about the same score my former high school team lost this week... by about 4 TDs, when giving up 3-4 TDs. Ohio State beat the entire state of Ohio by more than that. Pitt was resting.

I can't wait for the weeks when most of the games mean something and you know who/where the they are, a.k.a. conference play.

Ando
09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
The #5 Ducks hosted the FCS Big Sky Conference Portland State Vikings on Saturday and continued their winning streak for this season. Ducks won 69-0.

Pac 10 conference play opens for the Ducks on the 25th on the road at ASU in Tempe, AZ.

Go Ducks!

bkusna
09-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Does anyone think OU will beat Texas this year???????Seems like they don't know what kind of offense they want to run, and their defense doesn't seem like the "steel curtain" after all.....nice one mackie brownie:ninja:

jamesbondo07
09-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Nebraska had a good road win at UW 56-21.

Snowtrooper
09-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Does anyone think OU will beat Texas this year???????Seems like they don't know what kind of offense they want to run, and their defense doesn't seem like the "steel curtain" after all.....nice one mackie brownie:ninja:

If the OU team that destroyed FSU shows up, then they should win. If not, than its anyone's guess.

bkusna
09-21-2010, 12:34 AM
If the OU team that destroyed FSU shows up, then they should win. If not, than its anyone's guess.
That's the deal...one week we look like national champions, and the next week I feel like our QB just woke up from a 3 week coma and found himself in the huddle....

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2010, 11:43 PM
OSU piles on Eastern Somewhere by 53, after Pitt was thrown into itself on Thursday by The Other Miami. And YSU hangs on 31-28.

Some nice games today: #1 'Bama comes back at Arkansas, #7 Texas has a '90s flashback versus UCLA, #3 Boise proves it can play in big games.

bkusna
09-25-2010, 11:48 PM
OSU piles on Eastern Somewhere by 53, after Pitt was thrown into itself on Thursday by The Other Miami. And YSU hangs on 31-28.

Some nice games today: #1 'Bama comes back at Arkansas, #7 Texas has a '90s flashback versus UCLA, #3 Boise proves it can play in big games.

I guess after today, we all know who will win the OU/texas game next week....

jamesbondo07
09-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Nebraska looks like they fell asleep against a I-AA team. They only won 17-3. Hopefully the wake up in a couple of weeks when we play @ Kansas State.

bkusna
09-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Nebraska looks like they fell asleep against a I-AA team. They only won 17-3. Hopefully the wake up in a couple of weeks when we play @ Kansas State.
I'm looking at oct.16th when the longhorns roll into Lincoln and get obliterated for Mack Brown's first 3 game losing streak....

Snowtrooper
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
After looking good against Washington last week, Nebraska looked terrible against South Dakota State this week. They didn't take SDSU seriously, and it really showed. Even thought we won by 2 touchdowns, we could have easily lost this game. SDSU had a couple of touchdowns called back because of penalties. If this would have been a Texas or Oklahoma, we would have gotten our heads handed to us. Coach Pelini commented after the game that they obviously weren't prepared, and that the responsibility rest solely with him.

On the good side, this will hopefully show them that they can't just show up against a team and win. They'll need much better preparation in the weeks to come. The BigXII is no joke. Its going to be tough to make it through unscathed.

bkusna
09-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Let's change the title of this thread to the BIG 12 rant...:razz: Well, Oklahoma has given up 400 yards 3 out of 4 games...we are ranked 90th in the country in total defense, but still ranked 8th in the AP....I'm not a rocket scientist here, but somethings gotta give....

TeeEye7
09-26-2010, 02:25 PM
OU's defense needs to get on the field and practice, practice, practice!

bkusna
09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
OU's defense needs to get on the field and practice, practice, practice!
Tru dat!!!!! We did lose first round draft picks and our two starting cornerbacks and middle linebacker from last year....I guess playing 5 freshman on defense doesn't help you stop anyone....:upset:

***SIDE NOTE*** texas dropped from 7th to 21st on the AP poll......losers

TeeEye7
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
***SIDE NOTE*** texas dropped from 7th to 21st on the AP poll......losers

When my son and I were touring the OU campus, we saw one student wearing orange clothing that was eerily close to Texas' colors. Death wish? Or supreme tolerance by OU students? :Ponder:

I'm surprised they didn't force her to walk under the clock tower!

bkusna
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
When my son and I were touring the OU campus, we saw one student wearing orange clothing that was eerily close to Texas' colors. Death wish? Or supreme tolerance by OU students? :Ponder:

I'm surprised they didn't force her to walk under the clock tower!
There has been 3 reported missing students from campus.....they were all wearing burnt orange when they disappeared....hmmmmm:laugh:

Darth Metalmute
09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
I love MAC week in the Big Ten. It means I don't have to sit around watching college football all day because there is no worrying about the outcome.....
Unless you are Purdue.:D Goooo ROCKETS!

Ando
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
The now #4 Oregon Ducks beat Arizona State (in Tempe, at night, and it was 101 degrees on the field at kickoff) 42-31 in a almost 4 hour game that was pretty much a slugfest filled with points AND penalties.

ASU dominated in the stats with lots of offensive yards and time of possession, but their personal fouls (several 15 yarders!), turnovers (interceptions, fumbles 1 off a badly executed lateral pass that we scooped up and ran in for a touchdown!), and other penalty yards were costly mistakes that added up to a Duck win.

The Ducks gave up 31 points in one night after holding 2 teams to ZERO points and 1 team to 13 in Non Conference play, but ASU is a tough team and I didn't expect the Ducks to blow them out or even shut them out.

Oregon is now 231-44 in points this season.

Next up: The hard work continues when we get to play Stanford at home on Saturday at 5:00 pm PDT with a visit from ESPN College Gameday.

Go Ducks!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Pitt gulped down Cupcake Int'l, Ohio St. had a tough one versus Illinois (and got a scare when Prior limped off for a series or two), but YSU lost to a direction school from Missouri, I believe (there goes a chance to make the newest FCS top 25 poll).

LSU should be called Lucky State Univ. after Tennessee's goal line blunder. UM's QB Robinson might win the Heisman like Andre Ware did (a stat monster). A commentator said that this week was the best so far in the season. Really? You mean conference opener week instead of FCS vs. FBS games makes this one better? And you get PAID to talk on TV? :rolleyes:

I'll wait to hear from Ando and bkusna for their teams' games.

bkusna
10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Well, OU took a commanding 21-7 lead into halftime against texas...OU had 19 first downs to texas's 6 in the first half...Texas came back and scored a late field goal to make it 28-20, but then muffed the punt with 1 minute left and the sooners ran out the clock...OU is now ranked 6th in the AP....OU is the only team in the top 25 that has beaten THREE ranked teams...We jumped over nebraska and florida fell to 14.....

Snowtrooper
10-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Well, OU took a commanding 21-7 lead into halftime against texas...OU had 19 first downs to texas's 6 in the first half...Texas came back and scored a late field goal to make it 28-20, but then muffed the punt with 1 minute left and the sooners ran out the clock...OU is now ranked 6th in the AP....OU is the only team in the top 25 that has beaten THREE ranked team...We jumped over nebraska and florida fell to 14.....

Did you make it to the game?

bkusna
10-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Did you make it to the game?
Yes sir I did...79 degrees and sunny at kickoff....Seems like every OU/tex game comes down to the wire lately...

Ando
10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
#5 Oregon hosted #9 Stanford on Saturday at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. After kicking a field goal for an early lead, Oregon gave up 3 TD's in a row to a very aggressive Stanford offense.

Going into halftime, Stanford lead the game 31-24.

Stanford would be done scoring points the rest of the game. The now #3 Oregon Ducks came back from the break and rolled up 28 more points to win the game 52-31. Oregon has allowed only SEVEN points in the second half in 5 games and have only given up an average of 15 points per game (0-13-0-31-31).

Stanford is a GREAT team and they were definitely a handfull, but Coach Kelly's really got the Oregon program dialed in, especially with conditioning.

Next up: An untelevised PAC 10 game at Washington State this Saturday. Like an ugly girl wanting the lights off, WSU wouldn't budge on the start time (2:00 pm) to allow the game to be broadcast.

Darth Metalmute
10-04-2010, 01:15 PM
#5 Oregon hosted #9 Stanford on Saturday at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. After kicking a field goal for an early lead, Oregon gave up 3 TD's in a row to a very aggressive Stanford offense.

Going into halftime, Stanford lead the game 31-24.

Stanford would be done scoring points the rest of the game. The now #3 Oregon Ducks came back from the break and rolled up 28 more points to win the game 52-31. Oregon has allowed only SEVEN points in the second half in 5 games and have only given up an average of 15 points per game (0-13-0-31-31).

Stanford is a GREAT team and they were definitely a handfull, but Coach Kelly's really got the Oregon program dialed in, especially with conditioning.

Next up: An untelevised PAC 10 game at Washington State this Saturday. Like an ugly girl wanting the lights off, WSU wouldn't budge on the start time (2:00 pm) to allow the game to be broadcast.

I was so happy they put this game on ESPN2. When I found out my local network was going to have the Notre Dame game on, I was already drafting a letter.

Snowtrooper
10-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Nebraska beats Kansas State 48-13 tonight. Taylor Martinez had 369 total yards and 5 TDs while setting a school record for rushing yards by a QB, which is really saying something considering Nebraska's history. The defense held K-State to 6 points before turning the subs loose. That number is even more impressive considering the one weak area tonight was the punt and kickoff coverage, giving them good field position. All in all, a satisfying win. Hopefully we'll do as well against Texas in 10 days.

bkusna
10-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Nebraska beats Kansas State 48-13 tonight. Taylor Martinez had 369 total yards and 5 TDs while setting a school record for rushing yards by a QB, which is really saying something considering Nebraska's history. The defense held K-State to 6 points before turning the subs loose. That number is even more impressive considering the one weak area tonight was the punt and kickoff coverage, giving them good field position. All in all, a satisfying win. Hopefully we'll do as well against Texas in 10 days.
That was an amazing display of talent tonight...I'm sooooooo glad my sooners do not play you guys this regular season...I've booked Dallas for Dec.4th for the Big 12 championship and I hope it's a rivalry renewed with Nebraska!!!!!! good luck

Bel-Cam Jos
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
The Buckeyes should vault into the #1 position, but I hear that another 'O' school wants it; the voters shall decide. Pitt is looking sad: from Big East favorite to a college that gets close but only beats non-FBS teams. At least they haven't started conference play yet IIRC, so they still have a shot. :( YSU lost on a last-minute TD at home. :(

bkusna
10-10-2010, 12:37 PM
The Buckeyes should vault into the #1 position, but I hear that another 'O' school wants it; the voters shall decide. Pitt is looking sad: from Big East favorite to a college that gets close but only beats non-FBS teams. At least they haven't started conference play yet IIRC, so they still have a shot. :( YSU lost on a last-minute TD at home. :(
you mean OU? right???:yes: Well, it's nice to be on a bye week and possibly move up two spots to #4 in the nation...We HOST iowa st. this weekend so probably a 63-13 game...snooze

DarkJedi5
10-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Cal rolled fUCLA 35-7 in a game that was pretty dominating but not terribly exciting. Next up for the Bears: the other team from the toilet-bowl know as LA, U$C.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't think Alabama should've fallen to #8, but I do hope OSU doesn't suffer the curse of The New #1 Ranked Team.

Ando
10-11-2010, 12:24 PM
#3 Oregon played at unranked Washington State Saturday. Oregon was a 5 TD favorite, but had some struggles and injuries and only won by 20 points.

The Ducks did however keep their 0 points allowed in the 4th quarter streak alive and with Alabama losing to the South Carolina Gamecocks, they are now ranked #2 behind Ohio State.

Nate Costa, our backup QB, came in after Darron Thomas left the game and did a VERY nice job calling plays and scoring points.

#2 Oregon is idle next Saturday, but returns to action Thursday the 21st against UCLA at home in Eugene.

GO DUCKS!

Snowtrooper
10-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't think Alabama should've fallen to #8, but I do hope OSU doesn't suffer the curse of The New #1 Ranked Team.

I think if South Carolina had been in the top 10, Alabama would have stayed in the top 5. But since they were 18th, it was enough of an upset to pull them down that far.

I was real surprised how Florida State destroyed Miami. I would've picked Miami to be the victor since they played OSU fairly close and OU blew out FSU.

Snowtrooper
10-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Well, that sucks!!! Nebraska loses to Texas 20 -13 for the umpteenth time. To sum up the game, the receivers couldn't hang onto the ball and we missed out on 3 TDs because of it. I knew Texas's defense would be tough, so I didn't expect to rack up the yards and points like we have in previous weeks. But man, the receivers were wide open and to drop the ball in such important moments is inexcusable. What really bites is the last 3 times we met, we outplayed them but ended up giving them the win by doing something stupid.

Gotta give the Nebraska fans alot of credit. When Texas walked off the field, in spite of all the bitterness, the fans still clapped for them.

Oh well, were not the only ones struggling. Last I checked, Wisconsin was ahead of Ohio State 21-0 going into the 2nd quarter.

bkusna
10-16-2010, 11:29 PM
OU rolls over Iowa St. 52-0...Landry Jones went 30-34 for 344 yards and 3 TDs.....the offense had 700 yrds and the defense held iowa st to 183 yrds...OU is projected to be 3rd in the BCS rankings tomorrow.....Next up is Mizzou next week, hopefully GameDay will be there

Bel-Cam Jos
10-17-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't think Alabama should've fallen to #8, but I do hope OSU doesn't suffer the curse of The New #1 Ranked Team.Stupid jinxing my own team... :upset: But the Badgers just came out ready, and while the Buckeyes had a nice comeback, it was just too much to overcome. Well, if you're going to lose, make it earlier than later. Ohio State just has to run the table now; wonder where the BCS will place them, as well as "the human polls."

Pitt took out The Orange like they have been supposed to do with everyone they've played this season. And Youngstown St. loses ANOTHER last-minute game (with 78 combined points, too).

bkusna
10-17-2010, 10:44 AM
OU projected #1 now by the BCS......purely on their strength of schedule...so MACK brown take note...don't play cupcakes all year and you might get some respect from the BCS

Bel-Cam Jos
10-17-2010, 10:51 AM
take note...don't play cupcakes all year and you might get some respect from the BCSYou mean like every and any university in the state of Ohio as a home game, a la OSU? :rolleyes:

bkusna
10-17-2010, 10:58 AM
You mean like every and any university in the state of Ohio as a home game, a la OSU? :rolleyes:
It's not even if you win now, it's who you beat...OU destroyed FLorida State who most pollsters are loving now and beat cincy on the road...Air Force was also making a run until losing yesterday....OU has a home-and-home with Notre Dame next year and travels to Florida st...This is why Boise WILL NEVER be ranked higher than 3rd (they schedule cupcakes all year)

JimJamBonds
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM
But the Badgers just came out ready, and while the Buckeyes had a nice comeback, it was just too much to overcome. Well, if you're going to lose, make it earlier than later. Ohio State just has to run the table now; wonder where the BCS will place them, as well as "the human polls."

I'm rather shocked that not only Wisconsin won but they HELD onto the lead. With OSU scoring very easily on their first two drives of the second half the group that I was with thought Wisco was done for. While its a great win they'll have a super tough game next week at Iowa.

bkusna
10-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Boomer freakin SOONER!!!!!!! #1 in the BCS.....everyone book your trip to the national championship game!!!!!!:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
10-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Boomer freakin SOONER!!!!!!! #1 in the BCS.....everyone book your trip to the national championship game!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Or will they be the third straight #1 to lose this coming weekend? :D

bkusna
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
NOT so Fast.......let's breakdown Mizzou......6-0 with no wins over ranked opponents...only 2 wins over teams with winning records.....STOOPS is 7-0 against Mizzou.....ALL OF THIS EQUALS ANOTHER SOONER BLOWOUT!!!!!!!

Ando
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
AP# 1/Coaches Poll #1/BCS #2 Oregon was idle on Saturday, but their in-state rival Oregon State played a nail biter in Seattle against the UW Huskies.

Ultimately Oregon State lost in DOUBLE OVERTIME when they went for the 2 point conversion and missed the pass.

I have a LOT of respect for coaches and teams that go for the win like that! Any team that goes for it on 4th down, goes for the onside kick, or goes for the 2 point conversion is my kinda team.

I am a lifelong Duck fan and will enjoy every minute of the Ducks being ranked #1/#1/#2 for as long as we get to be here, but there is LOT of football left to be played and the last two teams ranked #1/#1 fell in as many weeks, and any given Saturday, college football can change in the blink of an eye.

Having said all that, GO DUCKS!

bkusna
10-18-2010, 12:36 PM
OU vs Oregon for the Title, but this time we bring our OWN refs:razz:

JimJamBonds
10-18-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm cool with the Ducks keep on keeping on, I'd say they are truly one of the best teams in the land.

Ando
10-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm cool with the Ducks keep on keeping on, I'd say they are truly one of the best teams in the land.

I'm not a fair weather fan by any stretch of the imagination, but this year's team has made it really fun to be a fan. And last year was the same way.

Ando
10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
AP/Harris/Coaches Poll #1 Oregon Ducks host the UCLA Bruins tonight at Autzen Stadium!

Kickoff if less the 90 minutes on ESPN (check your local listings...)!

GO DUCKS!

JimJamBonds
10-21-2010, 11:26 PM
AP/Harris/Coaches Poll #1 Oregon Ducks host the UCLA Bruins tonight at Autzen Stadium!

Kickoff if less the 90 minutes on ESPN (check your local listings...)!

GO DUCKS!

Doh! I didn't even know they played tonight, and here I was trying to find something decent to watch!

bkusna
10-22-2010, 07:47 AM
The Ducks offense is ridiculous......I think the STEELERS would have a tough time stopping it....I watched the UCLA/Texas game, and the Bruins put a beatdown on that texas offense which went into Nebraska and dominated....:bandit:

Ando
10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
To: Rick Neuheisel

Date: 10.21.2010

Re: Scoreboard, baby.

'Nuff said.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Ducks hung 60 points on the visiting Bruins at Autzen last night in a 60-13 victory. :whip:

This will be an interesting weekend with college football. We're in the meaty part of the schedule now with upsets around every corner.

The Ducks visit USC for their next big/first real test (I think the "experts" have said this week in and week out about the Ducks) next Saturday.

Go luck to my fellow college football fans and their respective teams tomorrow.

GO DUCKS!

Snowtrooper
10-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Nebraska goes down to stillwater to play Oklahoma State this Sat. This game has really got me worried. Its going to be one that the offense is going to have to win I think. OSU's offense is really good, so I don't think we'll be able to keep them out of the end zone very much. We're going to have to play better than we did last week anyways.

bkusna
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Nebraska goes down to stillwater to play Oklahoma State this Sat. This game has really got me worried. Its going to be one that the offense is going to have to win I think. OSU's offense is really good, so I don't think we'll be able to keep them out of the end zone very much. We're going to have to play better than we did last week anyways.

NOT SO FAST.....Nebraska has a 36-5-1 edge against os-who.....I go with history and trends....osu was ranked 10th in the country last year when they rolled into NORMan and we spanked them 27-0...then you never heard from them again.....

Snowtrooper
10-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Well, our recent history hasn't been very impressive against them. I think we lost the last two meetings, although those were during the Callahan era. I hope you're right and we end up pounding them.

bkusna
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, our recent history hasn't been very impressive against them. I think we lost the last two meetings, although those were during the Callahan era. I hope you're right and we end up pounding them.
Last season, OU was 6-5 entering the game against 10th ranked osu.....we destroyed them in every aspect 27-0....there's hope...and there's history

jamesbondo07
10-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm not as worried about the Nebraska-Okie state game. Okie's defense is really bad so our offense shouldn't have too much trouble putting up some points on the board. okie state is 72nd when it comes to giving up points and there strength passing the ball plays into our strength of the secondary. they will score a few points but I think our offense will easily keep up.

Snowtrooper
10-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Nebraska beats OSU 51-41. We did end up having to outscore them and fortunately, the offense was up to the challenge. Taylor Martinez beat them with his arm with 3 TDs and 300+ yards passing. The defense played terrible in the first half, but settled down and played better in the second. OSU was in the top 5 in offense, averaging 52 PPG, so at least the defense held them to 11pts below average. It was hard fought, but we did prevail.

It looks like we'll have to watch out for Iowa State. They did what we couldn't.......beat Texas.

bkusna
10-24-2010, 08:24 AM
OU got abused like Jodie Foster on "The Accused" last nite by Mizzou.....3 turnovers and 3 missed opportunities in the REDZONE.....we had a fumble, INT, and a missed 30 field goal inside the 20 and lost by 9.....OH yeah, Mizzou took the opening kickoff for a TD.....dang...We had over 300 yards of offense in the first half and could only muster up 14 pts....turnovers suck:mad::mad:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Does Boise want to avoid that likely #1 BCS ranking like the plague? Three #1s down in three consecutive weeks, eh? And then there were seven undefeated schools...

Ohio State was mad about dropping down the polls, plus Purdue's win last year. Result? 49-zilch. They looked sharp.
Pitt played heavy-hearted Rutgers whose player is still in the hospital; Rutgers was even up early, but lost by 20-some.
Youngstown State is having a rough year; 10-point loss to Mount Rushmore Tech. :(

Snowtrooper
10-24-2010, 05:43 PM
OU got abused like Jodie Foster on "The Accused" last nite by Mizzou.....3 turnovers and 3 missed opportunities in the REDZONE.....we had a fumble, INT, and a missed 30 field goal inside the 20 and lost by 9.....OH yeah, Mizzou took the opening kickoff for a TD.....dang...We had over 300 yards of offense in the first half and could only muster up 14 pts....turnovers suck:mad::mad:

My sympathies man!! Sounds like what happened to you this week is the same as what happened to us last week. Its so aggravating when the team doesn't play up to their potential. Don't be embarassed by the loss, though. Mizzou is a good team and It'll be interesting to see how we deal with them this coming week.

bkusna
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
OU drops to 9th in the BCS....In 2008, OU got beat by TEXAS in october and won out to play florida in the BCS title game...Let's hope history repeats itself this year...:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
10-24-2010, 11:37 PM
NOT so Fast.......let's breakdown Mizzou......6-0 with no wins over ranked opponents...only 2 wins over teams with winning records.....STOOPS is 7-0 against Mizzou.....ALL OF THIS EQUALS ANOTHER SOONER BLOWOUT!!!!!!!

Or perhaps not bkusna. :D

bkusna
10-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Just take a look at nebraska...They get beat by Texas at home....texas gets beat by Iowa state at home...OU destroys iowa st. 52-0 and beats texas 28-20...Nebraska is still a GOOD team even if they get beat by Mizzou....Just like OU....A one loss OU or Alabama will play in the TITLE game this year against OREGON...:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Ando
10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Undefeated Auburn jumps Oregon in the BCS to take the (coveted?) #1 spot. No problems with that here with me. I am more than happy to watch and wait. Oregon is going to keep on winning and winning by a LOT and they will just wait it out while teams take the #1 BCS spot and fall every week (or every other week).

We don't need that spot until the end of the regular season.

...A one loss OU or Alabama will play in the TITLE game this year against OREGON...:yes::yes::yes::yes:

I think you're half right. I think Oregon will be in the National Title game this yeat, but I don't think they will be playing Alabama.

There's only 1 other team that I think can and will run the tables and go undefeated and that's Boise State. Setting up a nasty, winner take all, revenge/grudge rematch with high stakes, bragging rights, $ millions, and a really gaudy monstrosity of a trophy up for grabs.

Did anybody else watch last night's ESPN BCS "show"? This is College Football Aramgeddon, man, and they KNOW IT. This broken system with 4 #1's in as many weeks has these guys sweating for their jobs!

This is the year that the BCS crashes and burns. GO PLAYOFFS!

Congrats and condolences to you all.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Now there's Tuesday Night Football?!? :confused:

Ando
10-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Yeah, that was weird! But hey, it's a WAC game that needed to be shown and it's a long way from Louisiana to Boise, so do it on the weekend or the middle of the week.

JimJamBonds
10-27-2010, 10:08 PM

Is there any day when college football isn't being played?

Ando
10-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Is there any day when college football isn't being played?

Monday or Wednesday? The Ducks played UCLA last Thursday, but Thursday night games are a rarity for them. The OSU Beavers play (seemingly) at least 1 Thursday night game per season.

JimJamBonds
10-28-2010, 01:20 PM
There is Monday night football on The Deuce, I'm not sure which conference.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Well, the day after Thanksgiving (a Friday) tends to have some Big XII For Now teams, Thursday and Saturday are common days of course, and the BCS title game has been on a Mon., Tue., or a Wed. some years, IIRC. Not many Sunday nighters, though.

Snowtrooper
10-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Nebraska beats Mizzou, 31-17. NU went up 24-0 before MU scored its first points. The outcome was never in question and we dominated pretty much every phase of the game. It could have been worse had Martinez not gotten knocked out of the game(deep bruise). After he was out, Nebraska pretty much just ran the ball. Roy Helu Jr., as a result, had a record setting day. He racked up 307 yards, a NU rushing record for a single game.

I was surprised that we dominated the game as much as we did. The way they played last week made me think this was going to be a tough game.

bkusna
10-31-2010, 07:58 AM
OU destroyed colorado 43-10......Landry Jones completed 32 of 46 passes for a career-high 453 yards and four touchdowns no INTs...On nine catches, Ryan Broyles finished with 208 yards, breaking the school record for receiving yards in a game. But looming trips to 5-3 Texas A&M, 7-2 Baylor and 7-1 Oklahoma State won't be so easy. Especially considering OU has lost four of its last five true road games, including the last three.:cry:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2010, 10:30 AM
The YSU Penguins are having a tough year continue to be tough; losing close games is heartwrenching.
Pitt is in the driver's seat for a BCS bowl game, despite their poor start to the year; win out, and it's an undefeated Big East record. :D They might even show up in the top 25 in BCS statistics this week.
The Buckeyes put 50+ on the Gophers. Like Pitt, just keep winning and the numbers will work themselves out as best as possible.

JimJamBonds
10-31-2010, 06:57 PM
How about congrats to the Tigers for not losing and breaking the dreaded "Curse of the #1." :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Then I offer congrats to Clemson, LSU, Auburn, Missouri, Memphis, and Princeton. :p

Darth Metalmute
11-01-2010, 09:00 AM
How about congrats to the Tigers for not losing and breaking the dreaded "Curse of the #1." :D

Technically, they "lost" there number 1 ranking though.

Ando
11-01-2010, 11:59 AM

True, but those rankings mean nothing until the end of the season and Auburn still controls their destiny if they can remain unbeaten. If they can run the tables, they will end up in the National Championship game.

The now #1 human polls/BCS Oregon took a trip down to sunny southern California to face USC in a very hostile environment. They have not won at USC since 2000.

Oregon won 53-32 over USC and apparently this was the game the BCS computers were waiting for.

Like I said, those rankings are meaningless and I, like the Oregon team, has bought into Coach Kelly's Win The Day mentality. One game at a time. Next up, the University of Washington Huskies at Autzen. Halloween comes twice this year for Washington. I am expecting a LOUD, exciting game this weekend.

Go DUCKS!

JimJamBonds
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM

Yeah I don't really get how that happened but whatever. As Ando said if Auburn wins out they are in the title game. Oregon vs. Auburn would be an interesting match up!

bkusna
11-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah I don't really get how that happened but whatever. As Ando said if Auburn wins out they are in the title game. Oregon vs. Auburn would be an interesting match up!
Don't forget about a one loss OKLAHOMA team if they run the table and win the BIG 12 championship.....remember 2008.....

Ando
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM

The message boards over on www.al.com (http://www.al.com) in Alabama are going NUTS with Auburn fans wondering what happened that Oregon jumped them.

I know margin of victory is not a component in the BCS anymore, but here are some numbers I would like to share:

Auburn has scored 360 points this season and given up 219. Margin of victory(s): 141 points over the season.

Oregon has scored 439 points this season and given up 113. Margin of victory(s): 326 points over the season.

This is NOT meant to bait anyone or taunt anyone. I just found it wildly interesting. I should also mention that those point totals for Auburn are after (9) games and that Oregon has played (8).

jamesbondo07
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
The message boards over on www.al.com (http://www.al.com) in Alabama are going NUTS with Auburn fans wondering what happened that Oregon jumped them.

I know margin of victory is not a component in the BCS anymore, but here are some numbers I would like to share:

Auburn has scored 360 points this season and given up 219. Margin of victory(s): 141 points over the season.

Oregon has scored 439 points this season and given up 113. Margin of victory(s): 326 points over the season.

This is NOT meant to bait anyone or taunt anyone. I just found it wildly interesting. I should also mention that those point totals for Auburn are after (9) games and that Oregon has played (8).

Part of the reason they got jumped could be because more of the teams that Oregon played won then the Auburn team. Strength of schedule is everything in the BCS.

JimJamBonds
11-04-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't think that is totally correct. While MoV isn't in the BCS 'formula' it is in the coaches and/or USA Today/ESPN polls if I remember correctly. MoV still has a role albeit a reduced one.

JimJamBonds
11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
All kinds of great games on tap for today. Alabama vs. LSU, TCU vs. Utah, Wisconsin vs. Purdue (ok, I only want to watch this since I'm a Badger fan), Oregon vs. Washington (again I just want to see Oregon play). Even teams lower in the rankings have some good matchups, Arkansas vs. South Carolina and Arizona vs. Standford. Good stuff!

Snowtrooper
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Nebraska beats Iowa State 31-30 in overtime. Eric Hagg picks off a 2pt conversion attempt to win the game. T. Martinez sat the game out, so the offense was weak and we also turned the ball over 5 times. But give ISU credit, they played a tough game against us and we were lucky to come away with the win. And I thought we were gonna cruise these last 4 games.

Kansas made an incredible comeback against Colorado. It really looked like CU had the game won, but Kansas scores 35 unanswered points in the 4th to win it.

bkusna
11-07-2010, 12:06 AM
OU = WE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

DarthQuack
11-07-2010, 01:44 AM
I just want a non-power conference to get a bid in the national championship, whether it be TCU or Boise St. I feel both of them should if they're the only undefeated teams at the end of the year.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Well, well, well. Things are just starting to get interesting. If Oregon and Auburn win out, they will likely be in the title game, regardless of how Boise/TCU finish. So, the rest of us get to fight for the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta Bowls, or Cotton, Capital One, Motor City, Peach, Emerald Nut, or other post season games.

And neither of my FBS teams played yesterday (Ohio St., Pitt), but YSU loses yet another late game. :( Chaffey College was also off, apparently.

bkusna
11-07-2010, 06:00 PM
OU dropped to 19th....That's about where we should have been all year....We got stopped on 4th and goal THREE TIMES!!!!!!!!:cry:

Ando
11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I was out of the office this week until yesterday, so I never got to update...

Oregon hosted a very down but tough Univeristy of Washington Huskies team. Off to a slow start against a tough UW defense, the Ducks finally put the pedal to the metal in the 3rd quarter and beat Washington 53-16.

TOMORROW: Oregon, still undefeated, rolls into Berkeley, CA to play an unpredictable Golden Bears team led by wily head coach Jeff Tedford (and former Oregon offensive co-ordinator). Cal has been great at home this year, but has not won on the road all year.

The Ducks haven't won at Berkeley since 2001 (before Tedford took over during the 2002/03 season).

I was at the game in 2001 and Oregon scored on Cal at will 48-7 in an almost abandoned Memorial Stadium. It was October 13, 2001 and it was a BEAUTIFUL fall day, sunny, and about 75-80 degrees. I still have my ticket, too. And tomorrow, I will be at that game! My wife and I fly out of Portland tonight into San Francisco, CA. and we are EXCITED to be going.

Weather forecast for the weekend: Sunny and in the 70's.

I love my Ducks!

JimJamBonds
11-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Ando, I've got a question for you. Do you know when the track and field Olympic trials will be in Eugene in 2012? I haven't been able to find any dates for it, I know the Olympic games are at the end of July/early August. A couple of days ago I came up with the crazy idea of going out to Hayward Field and watching the trials (or at least a day or two).

Ando
11-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Ando, I've got a question for you. Do you know when the track and field Olympic trials will be in Eugene in 2012? I haven't been able to find any dates for it, I know the Olympic games are at the end of July/early August. A couple of days ago I came up with the crazy idea of going out to Hayward Field and watching the trials (or at least a day or two).

Good question. No idea.

www.goducks.com (http://www.goducks.com) *might* have information up now, but check in with them and see if there's a phone number to call.

Have you been out to Oregon before?

JimJamBonds
11-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Good question. No idea.
www.goducks.com (http://www.goducks.com) *might* have information up now, but check in with them and see if there's a phone number to call.I ran into that site the other day and couldn't find a date but I'll look again for a phone number/email.
Have you been out to Oregon before? Nope, but I'd love to check it out. And I'd really like to see a meet at Hayward Field...hell I'd love to go to an open meet and run on that sucker! I'm not totally sure how but the other day the thought popped into my head about going out there for the trials and since I couldn't find any info I figured you're my next best option. :D

Thanks!

Ando
11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
You're welcome. I am sure that the closer we get to 2012, the more info will become available. Hope you get to make it out here.

JimJamBonds
11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Well at this point its just a(nother of my) crazy idea(s).

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Now how have a 70s/80s country/pop singer known as "The Gambler," a MLB pitcher known for a perfect game and doctoring a baseball, and a restaurantuer of roasted fowl involved with the Auburn quarterback issue?

Oh, and Pitt came up short at UConn last night, to ruin their chance at a perfect Big East record. :(

JimJamBonds
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
You're welcome. I am sure that the closer we get to 2012, the more info will become available. Hope you get to make it out here.

I found someplace (don't recall where) that the days have not been set yet for the trails but it'll probably be late June/early July which is more or less what I figured.

Snowtrooper
11-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Nebraska beats Kansas 20-3. The defense was stellar, holding KU to under 100 yards. The offense didn't do anything really spectacular, but I think they were trying to protect T. Martinez for the TAMU game next week, so they didn't get very fancy with the play calling.

Ando
11-16-2010, 11:34 AM
On Saturday, November 13th, it was a beautiful fall day in Berkeley, CA (70's and sunny) as #1 Oregon came to play Cal at home. Oregon hasn't won there since dismantling Cal 48-7 in 2001. I was there.

It was a rough, defensive game. Cal is the #1 defense in the Pac 10 conference and #12 in the nation and they came to play!

Oregon escaped Cal to win 15-13. I was there.

It was a great game and Oregon showed what they were made of defensively and ended the game with a massive time management ball controlling 9:30 minute drive.

In the attached picture, I am on the right and one of my favorite HS teachers on the left. He moved to Australia with his wife and daughter in 2009, but has since moved back to Oregon. Such a great surprise to see him! Especially since he was only 2 rows behind my wife and I.

Go DUCKS!

DarkJedi5
11-16-2010, 11:52 AM
On Saturday, November 13th, it was a beautiful fall day in Berkeley, CA (70's and sunny) as #1 Oregon came to play Cal at home. Oregon hasn't won there since dismantling Cal 48-7 in 2001. I was there.

It was a rough, defensive game. Cal is the #1 defense in the Pac 10 conference and #12 in the nation and they came to play!

Oregon escaped Cal to win 15-13. I was there.

It was a great game and Oregon showed what they were made of defensively and ended the game with a massive time management ball controlling 9:30 minute drive.

In the attached picture, I am on the right and one of my favorite HS teachers on the left. He moved to Australia with his wife and daughter in 2009, but has since moved back to Oregon. Such a great surprise to see him! Especially since he was only 2 rows behind my wife and I.

Go DUCKS!

I was there too but didn't have nearly as much fun. Hopefully the Bears take out all their frustration after Saturday's loss on the lowly lizards from stanfurd.

Ando
11-16-2010, 12:07 PM
I was there too but didn't have nearly as much fun. Hopefully the Bears take out all their frustration after Saturday's loss on the lowly lizards from stanfurd.

What section were you in?!? I was in Section P, row 12, seats 8+9.

Good luck against the Cardinal. That will be another tough one for you guys.

DarkJedi5
11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
What section were you in?!? I was in Section P, row 12, seats 8+9.

Good luck against the Cardinal. That will be another tough one for you guys.

I was halfway around the Stadium in section UU, my buddy was a player in his youth so we sit in the ex-player section right next to the students. The Card will be tough but I gotta think that considering our 1 point loss at Arizona and our 2 point loss to Oregon mean we can play with the best the conference has to offer and anything can happen in a Big Game. We were underdogs trailing 14-0 last year on the farm before making a comeback to win, gotta like the odds this year playing at home!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Rain outside means I can feel less guilty about spending most of the day inside with the TV on. :D

I didn't realize that Youngstown State finished their season last week: 3-8 overall, 0-5 on the road, ending on a 7-game losing streak. Sad... :(

These baseball park football games are a bit odd; the blimp shot of the Army/ND pregame when the band spelled out "USA" was shown reading the letters upside down; nice. IL/NW was a close shootout in the first half, with no problems with the outfield wall endzone.

Pittsburgh and OSU both survive tough fought road contests; maybe Pitt will make it back into the top 25 this week.

mtriv73
11-20-2010, 08:35 PM
3 games left for my Hokies. Rough start to the season, but they've really impressed down the stretch. Rooting for UMD over FSU now since my wife graduated from there.

TeeEye7
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
These baseball park football games are a bit odd; the blimp shot of the Army/ND pregame when the band spelled out "USA" was shown reading the letters upside down; nice.

NCLB/RTTT strikes again! :yes:

Snowtrooper
11-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Nebraska loses to Texas A&M 9-6. Martinez got injured early in the game when one of our lineman stepped on his injured ankle. He was out for 2 quarters, which killed our offensive firepower. The refs were also out to get us tonight. I think we had 13 penalties for 150 yds. While some of the penalties were justified, there were a number of questionable calls that killed drives or extended TAMU's drives. Its also not just this game. There were others games throughout the year in which the refs tried to screw us over. I think certain individuals in the "Texas League" don't want us to win the last Big 12 championship since that would amount to a colossal embarassment for them. Especially that Texas pawn, commissioner Dan Bebee.

I can hardly wait to get to the Big 10.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-21-2010, 10:13 AM
I can hardly wait to get to the Big 10.But that's the conference they'll be leaving, the Big X; they'll join the Big 12 (notice the differences? ;) ) next year.

Snowtrooper
11-21-2010, 11:58 AM
But that's the conference they'll be leaving, the Big X; they'll join the Big 12 (notice the differences? ;) ) next year.

Actually we'll be leaving the Big XI(Colorado doesn't leave until after next year). :squareeye

You know the refs calls were bad when it makes ESPN. Usually they just say Nebraska played like crap.

bkusna
11-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Sooners beat osu....then we are in the last BIG 12 Championship game....

Bel-Cam Jos
11-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Pitt had a chance to: a) win a home conference game, b) lock up the conference title game and a BCS bowl game, c) defeat their Backyard Brawl rival, d) all of the above, e) lay an egg and lose by 25 with all of the above on the line.

Ugh. :(

And Auburn makes things both interesting and fishy with their comeback win over 'Bama today; will all their awards and victories eventually be stripped away anyway due to Newton's potential troubles?

Snowtrooper
11-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Nebraska beats Colorado 45-17. T. Martinez didn't start so Cody Green got the nod and played a solid game. The team played well all the way around and it was good to get a win like this after last week.

Sooners beat osu....then we are in the last BIG 12 Championship game....

We hope to see you there. Nothing more appropriate than for the last Big XII championship to be NU vs OU. I think the deck is stacked against us no matter who we play. Its going to be the same officiating crew who officiated the Texas(loss), Iowa State(won in OT), and TAMU(loss) games. I hope I'm wrong. I'd hate to see such a great matchup like NU/OU marred by a bunch of paid off Texas goons.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-27-2010, 11:20 AM
So it's going to be Horned Frogs against Ducks for the nat'l title, once the Tigers get stripped down, or lose to the Gamecocks next week? Or...

Here's what I want:
Oregon St. to beat Oregon (possible, but doubtful)
Oregon St. to beat Stanford (possible, but doubtful)
TCU to beat NMS/NM (whichever college it is, probable)
South Carolina to beat Auburn (possible, but doubtful)
Ohio St. to beat Michigan (possible)
Penn St. to beat Michigan St. (possible)
Northwestern to beat Wisconsin (possible, but doubtful)
Cincinnati to beat UConn (possible, but doubtful)
Pitt to beat Cincinnati (possible)
Rutgers to beat West Virginia (possible, but doubtful
South Florida to beat UConn (possible)
Arkansas to beat LSU (possible)

That would put Ohio St. possibly in the #2 BCS spot... versus TCU for the title! With Pitt in some other BCS bowl game.

JimJamBonds
11-27-2010, 01:23 PM
So it's going to be Horned Frogs against Ducks for the nat'l title, once the Tigers get stripped down, or lose to the Gamecocks next week? Or...

That would put Ohio St. possibly in the #2 BCS spot... versus TCU for the title! With Pitt in some other BCS bowl game.

Bel-Cam, do you really want to watch OSU get hammered (again) on national television? I know I don't...actually I wouldn't mind seeing it but I'd rather not see them in the game. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
11-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Bel-Cam, do you really want to watch OSU get hammered (again) on national television? I know I don't...actually I wouldn't mind seeing it but I'd rather not see them in the game. :DIs that the "better to lose in the final than win in an 'other' game view?" Hmm... maybe every eight years the Buckeyes will come through. :2002:

Darth Metalmute
11-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Bel-Cam, do you really want to watch OSU get hammered (again) on national television? I know I don't...actually I wouldn't mind seeing it but I'd rather not see them in the game. :D

Considering that the Championship game is typically a blow out, I don't see why it matters who is on the other end.

Ando
11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Now #2 Oregon defeats Arizona 48-29 at home, rolling to 11-0 for the first time EVER. They now have at least a share of the Pac 10 title and the worst they can do now is go to the Rose Bowl.

The Civil War is this weekend on December 4th at 12:30 PST.

Go Ducks!

Snowtrooper
12-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Oklahoma beats Nebraska 23-20 in the final BigXII Championship. I can't blame the refs for this loss. NU had 4 turnovers to OU's 1 and the most costly was the interception in the endzone. We started out really well, jumping to a 17-0 lead. I thought we might end up blowing out OU. But the Sooner defense clamped down and started making turnovers & sacks. If we could've had a couple of those turnovers back, the outcome might have been different. Oh well, it was yet another memorable NU/OU game and most of us NU fans are going to miss playing Oklahoma.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Well, well, well. Let's see how my pre-Christmas wish list turned out:

So it's going to be Horned Frogs against Ducks for the nat'l title, once the Tigers get stripped down, or lose to the Gamecocks next week? Or...Not quite the way it was.

Here's what I want:
Oregon St. to beat Oregon (possible, but doubtful)Nope.

Oregon St. to beat Stanford (possible, but doubtful)Nope.

TCU to beat NMS/NM (whichever college it is, probable)Yep; big surprise.

South Carolina to beat Auburn (possible, but doubtful)Nope.

Ohio St. to beat Michigan (possible)Yep. :D

Penn St. to beat Michigan St. (possible)Nope.

Northwestern to beat Wisconsin (possible, but doubtful)Nope.

Cincinnati to beat UConn (possible, but doubtful)Nope.

Pitt to beat Cincinnati (possible)Yep. Snow games rock... on TV.

Rutgers to beat West Virginia (possible, but doubtfulNope.

South Florida to beat UConn (possible)Nope.

Arkansas to beat LSU (possible)Yep.

That would put Ohio St. possibly in the #2 BCS spot... versus TCU for the title! With Pitt in some other BCS bowl game.To quote Charlie Brown: "I got a rock." Oh well. We'll see how long Auburn really gets to say they played in a BCS title game.

Darth Metalmute
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM
So once again, the BCS got it right. (spins his index finger sarcastically)

Way to go NCAA.

bkusna
12-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Oklahoma beats Nebraska 23-20 in the final BigXII Championship. I can't blame the refs for this loss. NU had 4 turnovers to OU's 1 and the most costly was the interception in the endzone. We started out really well, jumping to a 17-0 lead. I thought we might end up blowing out OU. But the Sooner defense clamped down and started making turnovers & sacks. If we could've had a couple of those turnovers back, the outcome might have been different. Oh well, it was yet another memorable NU/OU game and most of us NU fans are going to miss playing Oklahoma.

It was an AWESOME game !!!!! I was there sitting with all OU fans except the row in front of me were cornhuskers....They gave it to us pretty good the first quarter, but outscoring neb 23-3 the rest of the game was too much for those fans....BCS bound..time to book flights and tickets:thumbsup:

Ando
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
#2 Oregon goes 12-0 for the first time ever (and the only Pac 10 team to run the tables that will ever run the tables now that we're moving to a division type setup...).

37-20 in the 114th Civil War AT Oregon State.

Earlier in the season I predicted Oregon against Boise State in the championship game, but I only got it half right.

1 game to go. Go DUCKS!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-06-2010, 12:12 AM
There are some weird names for bowl games once again. Pitt will play in the 2011 BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham, AL. Ohio St. gets the Razorbacks in the Sugar Bowl.

I miss when most of the good bowl games were on New Year's Day, instead of one per day after 1/1. :(

JimJamBonds
12-06-2010, 07:25 AM
I miss when most of the good bowl games were on New Year's Day, instead of one per day after 1/1. :( Ditto.
And don't forget that the first bowl game is probably a week and a half away (that is a guess on my part but I bet I'm not off by much).

Bel-Cam Jos
12-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Why did Wannstedt "retire" from Pitt? :smellsfishy:

Snowtrooper
12-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I think its safe to assume he just wasn't winning enough games for the alums and was forced out. Sort of lilke Bobby Bowden "retiring" last year.

I was surprised Urban Meyer decided to call it quits. I thought that he might take an actual leave of absence this time around and return in a couple of years.

Darth Metalmute
12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I would not be surprised if Meyer ends up in Denver. I just have this feeling that when Meyer meant, "Spend more time focusing on his family" he was talking about Gator family as well. He knows that Tebow is done in Denver and no other team really wants to give him a chance as a starting QB. If Tebow is to succeed, Meyer is the only coach that will give him a chance.

JimJamBonds
12-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Why did Wannstedt "retire" from Pitt? :smellsfishy:

I don't think he did much of anything while there. I'm guessing it was 'retire' before you get 'fired.'
I was surprised Urban Meyer decided to call it quits. I thought that he might take an actual leave of absence this time around and return in a couple of years. He is a young guy, 45 I think. I"m sure he'll be back in a couple of years.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Why did Wannstedt "retire" from Pitt? :smellsfishy:... So the university could beg for him to return? He may not have won all the big games, but at least he stayed off the police reports. :(

Poor Big Ten. So sorry. :cry:

Snowtrooper
01-02-2011, 10:10 PM
... So the university could beg for him to return? He may not have won all the big games, but at least he stayed off the police reports. :(

Pitt should have gotten rid of their AD, Steve Pedersen, rather than Wannstedt. That guy is a real knothead. He almost managed to destroy Nebraska football during his tenure here.

Ando
01-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I still love my Ducks.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I was rooting for Oregon simply because the odds of them having the national championship taken away by the NCAA are less than Auburn. I watched very little of this game (mostly the last 3 minutes or so, with occasional look-ins throughout).

mtriv73
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
I was rooting for Oregon simply because the odds of them having the national championship taken away by the NCAA are less than Auburn. I watched very little of this game (mostly the last 3 minutes or so, with occasional look-ins throughout).

But this way they'll both get it (once Auburn has it stripped away.)

On a side note, speaking as a graduate of a Big East school which is now in the ACC, I hope they do away with all automatic BCS berths for champions of select conferences. While I expected VT to do better against Stanford than they did in the second half, there was no excuse for UConn even being considered for a BCS game. If there are 5 games, give the slots to teams ranked 1-10 at the end of the season. I also agree that most games should be on January 1st. Having the Orange bowl on a Monday after New Years precluded even the possibility of me going to Miami to support my team.

Ando
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
If there are 5 games, give the slots to teams ranked 1-10 at the end of the season.

I've been saying this for years.

It's a rigged, money driven, corrupt system.

JimJamBonds
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
I've been saying this for years.

It's a rigged, money driven, corrupt system.

Pretty much, the 'Big Six Crime Families'* control it plain and simple. Yeah generally the top teams make it but U Conn shouldn't have been in their bowl (I don't remember which) but they got in by winning the Big East, Michigan State got screwed.

As long as we are talking about shennanigans when it comes to bowl games lets not forget about the commish of the Sugar bowl WANTING OSU to not suspend their players until next year.

* This is a term that national sports talk radio host Steve Czaban made up and that I whole hartedly agree with.

Ando
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
As long as we are talking about shennanigans when it comes to bowl games lets not forget about the commish of the Sugar bowl WANTING OSU to not suspend their players until next year.

Shenanigans indeed. They're gUNNNNNNA be hurting for those first five games.

JimJamBonds
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Shenanigans indeed. They're gUNNNNNNA be hurting for those first five games.They play: Akron, Toledo, at Miami (FL), Colorado and then Michigan State. I think they'll be just fine, besides most of those guys (who got the tat's) will probably be gone and drafted come April.

Ando
01-12-2011, 05:17 PM
They play: Akron, Toledo, at Miami (FL), Colorado and then Michigan State. I think they'll be just fine, besides most of those guys (who got the tat's) will probably be gone and drafted come April.

Didn't Tressel make them "promise" to come back and serve their suspension in order to play in the Sugar Bowl? Was that all hot air?

JimJamBonds
01-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Didn't Tressel make them "promise" to come back and serve their suspension in order to play in the Sugar Bowl? Was that all hot air?
Yes, I heard that as well but do you really think that was a binding agreement? I think your use of quotes around the word promise pretty much sums it up. :D

Snowtrooper
01-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I wish the suspensions would've been for one more game. That way they'd miss playing Nebraska as well. :D Probably woudln't matter. Tressel has got some good 2nd stringers he can go to.

I'd be a little surprised if Pryor came back. He could bolt to the NFL without alot of consequences for himself.

Ando
01-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Too bad nobody had the stones to stand up and do the right thing.

JimJamBonds
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Too bad nobody had the stones to stand up and do the right thing.
I've heard people say BS to this but until the sponsors and ESPN get on board it won't happen.

Ando
01-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Pretty much.

Darth Metalmute
01-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Personally, I don't have a problem with the Buckeyes playing in the Sugar Bowl. If Cam Newton can play in the SEC Championship and the National Championship after what his father pulled, why should the Buckeyes be punished for selling stuff that they personally own? In fact, don't be surprised if they get the supsension reduced to three games.

Reggie Bush got his Heisman removed and USC lost their 2004 championship for the exact same reasons Cam Newton got in trouble for. But somehow, the NCAA can dictate that Bush knew about the shenanigans while Newton did not. Let me pull a line from Seth and Amy; "Really, NCAA? Really? Can you really know that one player knew what his parents were doing while the other did not? Are you sure that it had nothing to do with that if you supsended Newton, TCU would have played in the championship? Really?"

Bel-Cam Jos
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
According to ESPN...

Auburn QB and future-former Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton will declare for the NFL Draft.Really? I am totally surprised to hear that.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Sigh... if you can't trust a person who seems to be doing the right things to do the right thing... I wonder what the penalties for OSU will end up being. :(

Snowtrooper
06-03-2011, 11:43 PM
From what I've heard, it sounds like they will be, at the very least, as bad as what was handed down to USC. With there being a cover up, they will probably end up being much more severe.

Yeah, its unfortunate. Tressel was a coach that I thought pretty highly of. I still don't think he's a bad guy. He was looking out for his players just a little too much.

I hope they don't try to get Bo Pelini at the end of the season. He's an OSU alum and is on the list at this point. I think OSU's dream candidate at this point is probably Urban Meyer, though.

Darth Metalmute
06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
From, what I heard, it will be less than USC. The NCAA has already "punished" the players by handing down their suspension earlier this year. They stated at that time that it was not a "university" problem, but a "Jim Tressel" problem. With Tressel now gone, my guess is they lose a bowl game for this year, and maybe some scholarships. Remember, this is the same NCAA that let Auburn get away with the same thing they got USC for and what happened at OSU is not nearly as bad..... yet.

And another thing, Pryor will never don an OSU jersey again. He's done. Colin Cowherd said it best. "Rich Rodriguez was ultimately fired because he couldn't sign Pryor, and Tressel was fired because he did."

JimJamBonds
06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I think more will come out of this, I expect to hear about some skeletons in the closest. That said, I think almost every team has skeletons of their own. To think that my home state team U of Wisconsin doesn't have any shenanigans going on is silly. OSU got caught, so they are coming out for the world to see.

Darth Metalmute
06-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey Terrell Pryor! You weren't that good to begin with. You bring down a great head coach and then jump ship? Take your punishment like a man. You're nothing more than a boy in a mans world and I wish you all the best in the NFL. And by best, I mean the best of A.J. Hawk running through the Offensive line and breaking you collar bone with a legal hit.

Snowtrooper
06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
I think its safe to say OSU fans aren't going to miss this guy anytime soon.