PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: War for Cybertron

Darth Metalmute
09-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I just finished beating this game and was surprised that there wasn't a thread for it.

This was a pretty good but not great game. It was, however, the best Transformers game since Transformers: Armada for the PS2. I think it would have been more enjoyable if the graphics hadn't been so dark. Out side of Optimus, Ratchet, and Soundwave, I was disappointed with the voices. I would have rather had more G1 voices since this game was a precursor to the G1 series.

I would have liked to play all the characters in the every level of the campaign mode, although I realize it would have been impossible on the jet levels. The final boss was one of the hardest bosses I have ever faced on an Easy difficulty.

All in all I give it about a 7.5-8 out of 10. Moderate replay value as it fun to play through again as a different character. The multiplayer is pretty fun, after you get used to it. First starting out, you will get angry at the gameplay until you learn how to use each character. The biggest problem is, not to many people are playing multiplayer, (around 1,000-2,000 at a time) so if you get a match with someone you can't stand, there is a good chance you will see them alot.

AFCollector
09-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Try playing it on the PC, there's never more than 400-500 people playing online. I'm constantly running into the same people, and it's not always fun.

Agree with some of the voices though, my least favourite was whoever did Starscream. It was just bad. Felt like it did not fit the character at all.

As a whole though, I agree, the game is fun and I have played it several times, using different characters throughout each gameplay. I do wish the PC version got access to the DLC, I think it's crap we don't...but it's okay, even without it, it's a fun game in my opinion.

Darth Metalmute
09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Starscream was bad, I couldn't stand Bumblebee. It's like they mixed up Bumblebee from G1 with Hot Shot from the Unicron Trilogy.

El Chuxter
09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I got it for my birthday (along with the new Brave and the Bold game). Wii version, of course. I won't actually have it until this weekend, but will post some thoughts when I play it.

pho tai (http://www.nibbledish.com/people/tranism/recipes/vietnamese-pho-tai-beef-noodle-soup)

AFCollector
09-08-2010, 08:10 AM
The Wii version is completely different from the other 3. It's an 'on the rails' shooter hybrid from what I understand.

I also snagged the DS version for the Autobots. It's pretty neat, and follows the same basic storyline as the other console versions. You get to pick any 2 'bots to play (provided you've unlocked them) for any mission. They gain experience up to level 20, and have skills you can improve.

In order for you to get ALL the bots, you need to play someone with the other version. In my case that'd be someone with the Decepticons version, and capture the 'bots you do not have, and vice-versa.

Good time waster anyhow. :)

Darth Metalmute
09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
The Wii version is completely different from the other 3. It's an 'on the rails' shooter hybrid from what I understand.

I also snagged the DS version for the Autobots. It's pretty neat, and follows the same basic storyline as the other console versions. You get to pick any 2 'bots to play (provided you've unlocked them) for any mission. They gain experience up to level 20, and have skills you can improve.

In order for you to get ALL the bots, you need to play someone with the other version. In my case that'd be someone with the Decepticons version, and capture the 'bots you do not have, and vice-versa.

Good time waster anyhow. :)

That sounds fun. I might have to pick those two up.