PDA

View Full Version : CloneWars Waxer, Boil & Numa

jonthejedi
09-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Wow...I had to digest this set for a coupla minutes...in the realistic style noless. I can't wait to see what the SRP is on this baby!

JediTricks
09-17-2010, 04:55 AM
I'm guessing $250, for exclusivity. This is one way to get Cody's troops done. I wish I liked realistic style phase 1 helmets more, but I just don't like the sad puppy look at all.

jedibear
09-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I think they are supposed to come with the Phase ll helmets as well (my preference).

My only issue is that I'm doubtful that the "distressed" deco with be nowhere near the style presented with the Utapau Trooper or the forthcoming Cody. I'm not saying I'd want exact matches, but if they look radically different, they wouldn't display well together...we'll see, I guess...

As for the kid...she's like an accessory that would probably stay in the box...but I do like the solid looking arms, unbroken by joints...it just looks better.

A future idea for bare arms could be to take this approach, but offer alternately posed ones to change them out (eg: bent at the elbow). Looks like Sideshow is finally getting some use out of those hobbit bodies from a while back...

Darth Metalmute
09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
As good this set looks, it's a pass. Sideshow has dropped the ball in my opinion on the 12" Star Wars line. It's due time that they got off their $120 Militaries of Star Wars kick and start focusing on main characters. I would even rather see any Bounty Hunters that these clones from one Clone Wars episode. This character selection might just be the nail in the coffin for my sideshow collecting. Up to this point, I have purchased or pre-ordered every one, with the exception of the Clone Lieutenant, which I passed on for the same reason. Barring a last second change of heart, I'm going to go and cancel the majority of my pre-orders with the exception of Yoda, Rex, and Cody; and put "the direction of the character selection and the oversaturation of clones" as the reason for cancelling.

Before we got troopers, it was easy to justify dropping 75 bucks on a figure. Now that every other figure is a trooper, it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

jedibear
09-22-2010, 09:17 PM
It does seem like clone overload right now. I just remember when not so long ago, everyone was chomping at the bit to get some armored figures from Sideshow...how quickly the tide turns... :)

It's too bad you skipped the Lieutenant...that one is actually one of the best.

I'm passing on a lot of Sideshow stuff lately, part budget, part uninspired.
I am looking forward to Hammerhead and Cody.

As for this set...gonna pass. The 212th Battalion Trooper and Cody are enough for me...it is interesting to see that interchangeable arm feature on the kid though...

Darth Metalmute
09-23-2010, 09:23 AM
It does seem like clone overload right now. I just remember when not so long ago, everyone was chomping at the bit to get some armored figures from Sideshow...how quickly the tide turns... :)

I agree we wanted it, an boy did we get it:sad:

I just feel that every other figure that I get is a trooper. The last four figures I have gotten, (and I know this because I haven't moved them off my wifes cabinet:razz:) are green Clone, 501st Clone, Sandtrooper, and Emperor. In my opinion they should space the generic color clones out and allow the price to drop.

It's too bad you skipped the Lieutenant...that one is actually one of the best.

It looked really good, but I was so disappointed that it was an exclusive and I really don't care for the Ep II troopers that I passed.

I'm passing on a lot of Sideshow stuff lately, part budget, part uninspired.
I am looking forward to Hammerhead and Cody.

The uninspired part is really it for me. I have that disease:rolleyes: where if I start collecting something, I have to collect everything released. The repainting of Clones at $125 just doesn't inspire me to continue anymore. JT said awhile ago why collect sideshow when for an extra 30 dollars you can get a superior figure. I keep on saying that I'm going to hold out for Fett, but I am getting close to ordering the RAH Fett and calling it a day.

As for this set...gonna pass. The 212th Battalion Trooper and Cody are enough for me...it is interesting to see that interchangeable arm feature on the kid though...

See, this set is one that I would have picked up. Two non-generic clones with a story and a kid. A heart-warming set. But it's going to cost $200 and so soon after I have bought a blue clone, a green clone, an orange clone, a red clone, a white clone, a white EpII, a white stormtrooper, a blue stormtrooper, and a sandtrooper. But that it my fault for opening my wallet.

JediTricks
09-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Numa is TINY! I don't like the face they gave her, too thin, too old, especially with her being itsy bitsy.

sergiurusu
09-24-2010, 06:23 AM

I don't mind as long as I see other armored characters like Snowtrooper, Scout, TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver, Royal Guard, Death Star Gunner etc. ;)

Jayspawn
09-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Great looking set from some good CW episodes. Cool to see themed sets like this. I"ll be passing due to other SW projects -but its a cool idea.