PDA

View Full Version : The Event

jonthejedi
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Anybody catch the pilot episode...quite a tease. Part Lost, part 24 with doses(I'm guessing of The 4400 & Millenium(the movie) thrown in. Great editing & tension build-up, still a little shallow on character development. Producers promise answers as early as next week.

jedibear
09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
I just hope there's no aliens. :)

Lord Malakite
09-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Looks like they got that plane up to 88 mph just in the nick of time. A good thing too, because where they're going now they won't need roads.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. As I said in the Chuck thread, I was thinking early on that this might not last long. People might lose interest quickly with things jumping around in the timeline so much, but as the show went on and filled things in, I was becoming more drawn in. So, hopefully enough other people are so that it lasts long enough to at least tell a complete story and not get cancelled with things left hanging.

jonthejedi
09-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Ditto for me. It debuted 3rd for time slot, but I read it tested well when they showed the pilot at SDCC. It def. drew me in...but I loved FlashForward, and look what happened there.

sith_killer_99
09-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Well, iTunes has it for free download. I downloaded it last night and will watch it this weekend.

I was waiting to see if the show would get it's own thread.:laugh:

DarkArtist
09-23-2010, 01:19 PM
watched the pilot and left with the feeling of massively lost.... it's kinda a twist on Flash Forward, meets the X-Files, meets Lost..... not sure if this is going to last but it's got me intrigued to see how it plays out.

DarkArtist
09-29-2010, 09:45 AM
so watched episode II and still going with the whole X-Files thought... I don't want to comment on the episode as I'm not sure if people have yet to see it and I really don't want to post any spoilers...

sith_killer_99
09-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Well I watched the first episode and plan on watching the second, I DVR'd it.

Not bad, still waiting to see what my final thoughts will be on this show, but for now I am giving it a shot.

OC47150
09-29-2010, 06:51 PM
watched the pilot and left with the feeling of massively lost.... it's kinda a twist on Flash Forward, meets the X-Files, meets Lost..... not sure if this is going to last but it's got me intrigued to see how it plays out.

Ep. 2 was definitely better than the first one, but it jumps around too much: three days ago, five months ago, 66 years ago. I think that aspect will drive some viewers away.

I do find it intriguing and will keep tuning in.