PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 88

JediTricks
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 4 {four} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on October 29th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 87 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2665); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2676). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=736119#post736119).

Current questions (vote for up to 4):

- With the 2008 Medical Frigate Luke figure, the figure almost fits the bill for Echo Base recovery scene Luke, if not for the open mechanical arm, and the different likeness with scars and Hoth hairstyle. That scene also has another character whose figure is in dire need of updating: 2-1B, who hasn't seen a new figure design in over a decade. With a Recovery Luke figure, it'd just be a new head required (the body and undamaged forearm tooling already exists from the VOTC figure) so you could also include the mask he wore in that scene's less-infamous cut footage (we're not asking you to make kissing Luke & Leia, you'll have to decide if you're twisted enough to go there ;-) ). So, any chances of knocking the Echo Base Recovery scene out of the park by making new 2-1B and Luke recovery figures?
- The initial Force Unleashed figures were released well before the actual game, and many of the cooler figures sold quickly and were hard to find by the time the game was released. Of the major characters, the Jumptrooper, Evo Trooper, Vader, and Galen Marek have seen a few re-releases, while Juno Eclipse (sadly) still languishes on store shelves in many areas. One figure that was never re-released though is Rahm Kota, who was one of the first figures to vanish upon the initial release, and has since appeared in other Star Wars media, including a different video game. Given that he is likely to appear in a major role in The Force Unleashed II later this year and the 2 exclusive TFU 5-packs were released in May, are there any chances Kota might be re-released as a Greatest Hits figure, or perhaps even updated with a new, more actor-accurate and 'blinded' head sculpt, as well as a deactivated saber hilt for his shoulder scabbard?
- Force FX has entered a new phase with the removable blade series, and so far we've seen the first couple waves. Thanks to Clone Wars, female characters are back on the rise in Star Wars and bringing in more female collectors - Ahsoka especially has been selling very well. What does the future of Force FX look like? What are the chances of Ahsoka's lightsaber being added to the Force FX line, better opening that market up to female consumers and getting Clone Wars main character recognizability?
- In the upcoming Battle Over Endor multipacks, you've included a figure of Lt. Yong, the Y-wing pilot from ROTJ that flies (and dies) under the handle Gray 3, but the torso used on the figure is the existing B-wing pilot design rather than a Y-wing pilot torso. On the ROTJ Y-wing pilot costume, the collar is different and the chest box and apron are more like the POTF2 Lt. Yong figure (at the time he was misidentified as Arvel Crynyd, but it was Yong's helmet, face, and Y-wing pilot torso and apron just in the wrong color - red instead of gray). Is this new Lt. Yong using the B-wing pilot torso a mistake, or just a cost-saving measure? In either case, if there are future ROTJ Y-wing pilot figures down the line, will we get a new movie-accurate torso for them with the unique costume chest box and apron, and closed collar?
- You have this nice new Qui-Gon Jinn figure that came out in the Jedi Evolution set, and has been re-released in the nifty Eopie mail-away set, yet both times the figure has been marred by including the blobby 1999 lightsaber accessory. Luke Jedi keeps coming out with either repaints of the ROTS Obi-Wan's lightsabers (which has different details), or worse, the blobby Obi-Wan POTJ saber from 2000. Both the '99 Qui-Gon and '00 Obi-Wan as Luke Jedi sabers also have the old smooth blade design without the flare on top of their soft hilt sculpting, and both Qui-Gon and Luke Jedi actually had better saber accessories designed during the Saga line, yet we never get them. And what about one of the most iconic lightsabers in recent SW memory, Darth Maul? There is no modern-quality version at all, the closest is the '02 Saga metal hilt with removable blades, but the blades break easily, so we haven't seen it in a while, and it's a bit long. We don't have a deactivated one to hang on a belt, don't have a 1-blade-activated version, don't have a "cut in half" version, Maul is pretty lacking for his weapon. Why are we getting old junky saber accessories with the modern versions of these guys? Why aren't we seeing better, more accurate lightsaber accessories for some of these fairly major, recognizable Jedi characters? And will these issues be addressed soon?
- Although we've gotten in recent years a better Luke from ANH, and even a second Han Solo Death Star Escape, we've still not really gotten an acceptable Luke Death Star Escape figure. The last one was the 25th Anniversary set which was essentially a statue. Luke and Leia's "swing to freedom" (as Hasbro describes it) is one of the earliest, most iconic Star Wars images, and yet not only do we not have a truly acceptable Leia figure for this, but we don't have a modern-quality Luke for it, and he's the hero of the scene! Luke would need a stormtrooper utility belt and grappling hook & line (and if these just happened to be swappable with a regular Luke ANH belt to complete the Death Star scenes in this costume, so much the better), and articulation to deliver the action, and a quality likeness would mean a lot too. Are there any chances that we get a Death Star Escape Luke like this? And while we're at it, how about a Leia as well?
- In several instances now, when asked about the new Slave I getting an ESB release, the response is that it largely depends on how the current Clone Wars version does at retail. If the decision to release it this way is based off sales, why release this as a $100 set with a few re-released figures, and a vehicle repaint that wasn't really hotly requested? If this CW set does sell, does that suggest an ESB release would get a similar Ultimate Battle Pack treatment with the release of some new figures like Bespin Guards and an existing vehicle like the Cloud Car? If that's not likely in store for an ESB Slave I, why predicate that release on this one when it has a different pricepoint, market, and really a different business model altogether? Why release the CW one in this ultimate battle pack format, was this vehicle originally planned for the now-defunct $60 Deluxe Vehicle line and repurposed, was this always the plan for it, or if not, how did this come about this way?
- Given previous answers from Hasbro that a Cane Adiss figure was not off the table, and then the character showing 10th in the most recent Fans Choice poll, it certainly seems like eventually we'll probably get a Cane Adiss figure at some point down the road. With that in mind, has the Hasbro Star Wars team given any thought to how Cane, the largest character in the Fans Choice poll, could be realized as a product since he undoubtedly wouldn't fit on the current basic card - would it be a battle pack, a mail-away, an exclusive for Toys R Us (a good tie-in to the giraffe-themed retailer)? And has there been any discussion on a "whole creature" design for Adiss similarly to how the team extrapolated a fully-realized design for aliens like Dice Ibegon that were only prop puppet heads? Obviously we're not expecting Lucasfilm approval on any ideas you guys might have yet, but preliminarily, what does the Hasbro team feel a Cane Adiss figure would look like?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

DarkJedi5
09-23-2010, 10:59 PM
1, 4, and 5 please.

Cane_Adiss
09-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Here's another bid for my question's inclusion.

While I am aware JT that my question is specific, Cane Adiss is

a) not your run-of-the-mill Star Wars humanoid character, and
b) a fan's choice finalist who, because of the anatomy and size issue there exists a need for Hasbro to comment specifically on this finalist.

I told you in my previous post that I am totally aware that there isn't a place for Adiss YET in the current line. I want to know HOW Hasbro plans to release him when there IS a plausible venue, and WHAT he will look like when they release him. Perhaps they will give us a hint as to when the collector themed packs or maybe even a future exclusive might show up, I don't know. I'm just talking hypothetically here. Or they could just totally shoot him down and say they no longer have plans for him.

And thanks for the support btw BigB. I think all your points are valid and are addressed in my shortened question, just not in as many words. Anyway I feel that Cane Adiss is a different and strange enough subject that he deserves a full out explanation from Hasbro about their plans for him. Since he's a fan's choice finalist, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious about these issues surrounding the character.

So once again, my edited question:

Has Hasbro considered a way to bring the largest character in the Fan’s Choice poll, Cane Adiss, out into the line as he no doubt would not fit on a basic/vintage card due to his size? Also, have you discussed a possible creature design for Adiss (as that aspect of the character is what has us most curious) and if so roughly what would it look like? Do you only plan on developing the literal props from the film (as in stand alone necks) or do you have something more elaborate and toy-friendly in mind?

Captain Rex
09-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Number 7 all the way!:thumbsup:

The Space Outlaw
09-27-2010, 05:43 PM
#7 for me, and maybe #1.

Rik Duel
10-07-2010, 04:53 PM
6 and 7 please.

JediTricks
10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Question 8 added.

Here's another bid for my question's inclusion.

While I am aware JT that my question is specific, Cane Adiss is

a) not your run-of-the-mill Star Wars humanoid character, and
b) a fan's choice finalist who, because of the anatomy and size issue there exists a need for Hasbro to comment specifically on this finalist.

I told you in my previous post that I am totally aware that there isn't a place for Adiss YET in the current line. I want to know HOW Hasbro plans to release him when there IS a plausible venue, and WHAT he will look like when they release him. Perhaps they will give us a hint as to when the collector themed packs or maybe even a future exclusive might show up, I don't know. I'm just talking hypothetically here. Or they could just totally shoot him down and say they no longer have plans for him.

And thanks for the support btw BigB. I think all your points are valid and are addressed in my shortened question, just not in as many words. Anyway I feel that Cane Adiss is a different and strange enough subject that he deserves a full out explanation from Hasbro about their plans for him. Since he's a fan's choice finalist, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious about these issues surrounding the character.

So once again, my edited question:

Has Hasbro considered a way to bring the largest character in the Fanís Choice poll, Cane Adiss, out into the line as he no doubt would not fit on a basic/vintage card due to his size? Also, have you discussed a possible creature design for Adiss (as that aspect of the character is what has us most curious) and if so roughly what would it look like? Do you only plan on developing the literal props from the film (as in stand alone necks) or do you have something more elaborate and toy-friendly in mind?
I'll rewrite and add this for now mainly because we're short and it does mention the fans choice poll which is the 1 thing I think could make it important enough to ask. But I suspect it'll go down in flames if asked.

#7 for me, and maybe #1.What is this "maybe" stuff? I'll count your vote for it, if you want to change it later, please LMK what vote you want to replace #1 with.

clone157
10-08-2010, 07:20 PM
New question:

With the focus of vehicles being largely based on sales to kids, I have noticed a lack of a particular play pattern: interaction with previous releases. Why no connection point for the turret in the Anti-Hailfire Squad BP to use it with the Turbo Tank? Why not use a connection on the Turbo Tank that could incorporate the bubble turrets from the Republic Gunship? A simple redesign on the stand, and it could be a great new Deluxe release. Could you keep those of us who have been collecting for years in mind when designing these new accessories?

Rik Duel
10-08-2010, 08:08 PM
question
Purely as a toy, the recent X-wings are a bit large and expensive for some kids. Is there any chance for a smaller, "vintage-ish" X-Wing? A droid slot and a better mechanism for the wings and landing gear would go a long way. Every kid should have an X-wing!

bigbarada
10-08-2010, 08:27 PM
#4, #7 and #8 for now.

Droid
10-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I'll vote for #8.

Cane_Adiss
10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for including the Cane Adiss question!

My votes so far:

1, 6, 8

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2010, 03:23 PM
New question:

With the focus of vehicles being largely based on sales to kids, I have noticed a lack of a particular play pattern: interaction with previous releases. Why no connection point for the turret in the Anti-Hailfire Squad BP to use it with the Turbo Tank? Why not use a connection on the Turbo Tank that could incorporate the bubble turrets from the Republic Gunship? A simple redesign on the stand, and it could be a great new Deluxe release. Could you keep those of us who have been collecting for years in mind when designing these new accessories?
Huh? The Anti-Hailfire Droid Squad pack is meant to interact with the new RC Hailfire Droid. The Turbo Tank had the Turbo Tank Support Squad deluxe set last year when both were available. And the Gunship had the turrets. How much more do you want these things to connect?

JediTricks
10-15-2010, 05:29 PM
New question:

Huh? The Anti-Hailfire Droid Squad pack is meant to interact with the new RC Hailfire Droid. The Turbo Tank had the Turbo Tank Support Squad deluxe set last year when both were available. And the Gunship had the turrets. How much more do you want these things to connect?Yeah, I'm with JabbaJohn on this, I don't really see this being a big need. Maybe I'm not understanding what's so great that it has to be "the thing", when I saw it in person it looked pretty standard to me, just another missile shooter.

question
Purely as a toy, the recent X-wings are a bit large and expensive for some kids. Is there any chance for a smaller, "vintage-ish" X-Wing? A droid slot and a better mechanism for the wings and landing gear would go a long way. Every kid should have an X-wing!I asked something similar last year on August 10th, '09...

CollectionStation.com: This might seem like an odd request, but would you re-issue the old Kenner X-wing, specifically the POTF2 version, with some modifications? There's no X-wing at kid pricing anymore, the only OT vehicles at the Starfighter pricepoint are lonely TIEs with nobody to fight, and that classic X-wing had some decent sculpting, strong wings, and was fun to whoosh about. As well, the POTF2 version had a pretty decent deco (though pre-applied stickers would be nice), and that version also had the best sound effects in any X-wing (aside from the Power FX X-wing, but the sacrifices there are numerous), those sounds alone would sell another batch to collectors. To modernize it a bit, the ship could use a tune-up on the cockpit interior, the canopy exterior, the dedicated R2-D2, and the blaster cannon tips need to be reoriented to the proper upright position to get it ship-shape. Don't you think the kids today deserve an awesome X-wing fighter?
Hasbro: Our hope is that kids who do want an X-Wing will respond to the Wedge version out this Fall. We think most collectors like this more accurately-scaled version as well, so we plan to keep it in rotation every few years with a different pilot/droid combo and accurate paint. We actually hadn't thought of it, but you bring up an interesting point, and that is that we don't have an X-Wing solution for an "everyday" price like the Starfighter vehicles. If we did decide to look at the PotF2 tool, it's likely we run it without too many modifications since it would be largely kid-targeted.

bigbarada
10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
New question:

The new Target-exclusive TIE Fighter in the vintage packaging is really nice and a great nod to the original Kenner toy. However, one change to the vintage box design only serves to highlight something that has been missing from every single TIE Fighter toy since 1995: the electronic light and sound features. Taking into account how much technology has advanced in the last 15 years, it just seems hard to believe that we can't get the same quality of electronic features from some of the early POTF2 vehicle releases, like the X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder, etc., powered off of a watch battery for little to no extra cost compared to what we are paying for the toys now. Have you completely written off the possibility of adding electronic features back into the standard vehicle line? Do those of us who have been dreaming about a TIE Fighter toy with an electronic flyby sound for the last 33 years, have any hope at all of seeing that in the future?

Tycho
10-19-2010, 05:22 PM
NEW QUESTIONS:

Will Thi-Sen (CW Talz), TX-20, and the FireFighter Battle Droid be re-released on a single card? When? Army-builders are not satisfied with the figures being mixed into battlepack or deluxe vehicle/figure-pack offerings.

If the new big Slave-One is to be repainted and re-released in ESB (BOBA Fett) colors, would it pencil out to make a Battle of the Bounty Hunters battlepack similar to the current Clone Wars one and this time include IG-88's ship, the IG-2000 in it? The IG-2000 might get made this way, and it is a smaller ship like Mace's Jedi starfighter. IG-88 does not need a cockpit (he's a droid and pilots the "2000" from outside the ship) and the ship only needs a prisoner cage for a live-bounty capture (plus the usual firing missiles play feature). Pack-in figures might include Boba Fett and IG-88 and a frozen Han Solo in carbonite block - or even the "deluxe" Han Carbonite block that a new Solo figure can be removed from or sealed into. Hasbro can later recoup more money by re-selling the IG-2000 single-packed, as well as by single-carding the Han Solo figure (perhaps as a deluxe for an exclusive like the way Kul Teska is being sold).

What does the future of Expanded Universe figures look like, going towards 2012? With Zayne Carrick (from KOTOR) on the single-card rumor list (if true) will his Snivvian partner ever be made? Anakin Solo? What about new takes on the older Han Solo and Princess Leia (new wardrobe changes as well as older, from NJO)? (Could you improve on the Harrison Ford headsculpt used for Indiana Jones KOTCS to stand in for Han?) How does it look now for "boring" Clone Wars figures like Bail Organa, Padme in more formal diplomatic clothes, Senator Farr (Rodian) or those little rolling squirrel aliens from that Aayla Secura - crash-landing episode? And Admiral Trench (Niemoidian) and Nute Gunray (animated) as well as Baron Papanoida (animated) while we're at it?

Has Hasbro ever considered how they'd offer The Twilight as a 3 3/4" vehicle/toy - just for a hypothetical?

Will there be a Republic Gunship for Galactic Heroes?

Is a Republic Attack Shuttle a possibility for 3 3/4" vehicles?

What are the chances of Ziro The Hutt being made?

El Chuxter
10-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I don't want to get into wording, but would a question as to why and how Kohl's was chosen for an exclusive, despite having tiny toy departments and prices that seem to prevent most people from actually buying toys there, be fair game?

I love their clothing prices. I scoff at their toy prices. Even on Black Friday.

nohagent
10-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Seriously, I think Tycho's questions are the way to go!!!

vger
10-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't forget Satine and Ben Skywalker, Tycho.

2 and 5 for now.

mtriv73
10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
1, 6, and 8

DarkArtist
10-21-2010, 09:43 AM
put me down for questions 2, 5, & 8...

Darth Marco
10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
My votes will be for 6,7, and 8.

JediTricks
10-21-2010, 04:17 PM
New question:

The new Target-exclusive TIE Fighter in the vintage packaging is really nice and a great nod to the original Kenner toy. However, one change to the vintage box design only serves to highlight something that has been missing from every single TIE Fighter toy since 1995: the electronic light and sound features. Taking into account how much technology has advanced in the last 15 years, it just seems hard to believe that we can't get the same quality of electronic features from some of the early POTF2 vehicle releases, like the X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder, etc., powered off of a watch battery for little to no extra cost compared to what we are paying for the toys now. Have you completely written off the possibility of adding electronic features back into the standard vehicle line? Do those of us who have been dreaming about a TIE Fighter toy with an electronic flyby sound for the last 33 years, have any hope at all of seeing that in the future?May 9th, 2008:
JediTempleArchives.com: The response to the electronic features on the AT-TE at Toy Fair seem to have been very positive. I also noticed that there were a good number of buttons for electronic features on the recently leaked images of the pending Millenium Falcon (very nice, I must say). Are we trending back somewhat toward electronic features? Has the technology improved enough to make electronic features more viable? Does the improved state of LED lights and sound chips make onboard electronics more feasible? Also, is this something that would probably be limited to larger vehicles? And could we eventually see some like say....a Target exclusive Gold 5 Y-Wing that says "STAY ON TARGET" at some point in the not-too-distant future?
Hasbro: In general you will not see them added, say, to our $20-$40 vehicles because the "fixed" cost of electronics is a much higher percentage of the total offering and in most cases would necessitate a price increase above the retail price we feel the vehicles need to be at in order to be successful. We look to add electronics to make sure that our offering is as complete as possible for higher-end vehicles, where the cost of the electronics is a smaller percentage of the total vehicle.

NEW QUESTIONS:

Will Thi-Sen (CW Talz), TX-20, and the FireFighter Battle Droid be re-released on a single card? When? Army-builders are not satisfied with the figures being mixed into battlepack or deluxe vehicle/figure-pack offerings.I asked this at comic-con, the answer was they'll look into re-releasing them, but it'll be a ways off in some cases, and not always on basic card. Thi-Sen is getting a battle pack re-release in a few months, TX-20 is going to be a deluxe figure & vehicle set in that time as well.

If the new big Slave-One is to be repainted and re-released in ESB (BOBA Fett) colors, would it pencil out to make a Battle of the Bounty Hunters battlepack similar to the current Clone Wars one and this time include IG-88's ship, the IG-2000 in it? The IG-2000 might get made this way, and it is a smaller ship like Mace's Jedi starfighter. IG-88 does not need a cockpit (he's a droid and pilots the "2000" from outside the ship) and the ship only needs a prisoner cage for a live-bounty capture (plus the usual firing missiles play feature). Pack-in figures might include Boba Fett and IG-88 and a frozen Han Solo in carbonite block - or even the "deluxe" Han Carbonite block that a new Solo figure can be removed from or sealed into. Hasbro can later recoup more money by re-selling the IG-2000 single-packed, as well as by single-carding the Han Solo figure (perhaps as a deluxe for an exclusive like the way Kul Teska is being sold). There is pretty much no chance of this happening. A new mold that has very little recognizability, hasn't been seen in the comics in nearly 15 years, and has no reusability outside the set... that's a recipe for no chance. You may as well be asking for a free gold bar.

What does the future of Expanded Universe figures look like, going towards 2012? With Zayne Carrick (from KOTOR) on the single-card rumor list (if true) will his Snivvian partner ever be made? Anakin Solo? What about new takes on the older Han Solo and Princess Leia (new wardrobe changes as well as older, from NJO)? (Could you improve on the Harrison Ford headsculpt used for Indiana Jones KOTCS to stand in for Han?) How does it look now for "boring" Clone Wars figures like Bail Organa, Padme in more formal diplomatic clothes, Senator Farr (Rodian) or those little rolling squirrel aliens from that Aayla Secura - crash-landing episode? And Admiral Trench (Niemoidian) and Nute Gunray (animated) as well as Baron Papanoida (animated) while we're at it?It's too early to start asking about the 2012 line. And EU is pretty much out until the end of 2011, and we know vaguely what's there. Then there's the fact that they just told us Clone Wars is going to refocus on a kid-centric line. And considering the last answer we got on the EU was only a few months ago and said there was very little room for this stuff, I don't think there's any room to start asking about more EU figures.

SSG: Hasbro hasn't really elaborated on your take of the most recent ToyFare Star Wars fans' choice poll finalists, other than to say in a very broad sense that it was clear collectors were most interested in all-new characters over resculpts and that the results would provide a "road map" for future lineups. So specifically, apart from Jocasta Nu and Jaxxon whom you've already addressed, are there any totally unlikely candidates on the list such as the Queen / handmaiden figures? Any choices that really made you wince because you know they would be retail poison? If you want to avoid giving away too much info now by addressing each character individually could you at least tell us how many characters from each source (i.e. OT, PT and EU) off the finalists list will be turned into figures in the next 18 months or so?
Hasbro: One way to look at the list is to consider that we will not be able to do all of these figures, or even come close, over the next 3-4 years when we will probably wan tto look at another Fan's Choice poll to reflect the latest wants at that time. As for which ones would be retail poison, we feel we have a strong handle on the "new" floor for even the most obscure figures (like the Willrow Hoods of the world) so we can manage just about the anything. The question is....do we want to? That's why it is better to look at the list as a general guide for hotspots of demand rather than a mandatory list. With that perspective, the figures least likely to have a chance to be done in that time are Queen/handmaiden figures, Jocasta Nu, Jaxxon, and the most obscure movie figures like Tey How. We don't have a lot of EU slots to play with currently, and aside from Jaxxon, these are very good choices but EU in general will likely struggle to get fit in with what is coming up (especially among strong candidates emerging from TFU2 and TOR that need to be put into consideration). Finally, as for how the list has impacted development, here is what is confirmed to come out before the end of 2011 (always subject to change, of course): two Prequel Trilogy figures, four OTC figures, and Bastila Shan. Not a bad start...

Has Hasbro ever considered how they'd offer The Twilight as a 3 3/4" vehicle/toy - just for a hypothetical?Dec 10, '09:

JediInsider.com: The question of playsets/large vehicles comes up quite regularly in these Q & As and the answer tends to be the same. With the exception of the Falcon which will always be an iconic vessel, other big items need a) media support and b) to be multi-faceted i.e, vehicle AND playset such as the new Falcon, AT-TE and Juggernaught (Turbo Tank). Multiple requests for Anakin's Twilight from the Clone Wars have met with the dreaded "not exciting enough" response time and again, yet the Falcon in and of itself, is not very dynamic (I believe the famous quote was, "What a hunk of junk!"). It's only through seeing it in action (aka "media support") that it became the ship we all love. With this in mind, Anakin and Ahsoka spend a high percentage of their time on board the Twilight. It's saved their hides more than once. It bears all the basic hallmarks required to become a new classic - "ugly" by conventional standards but souped up with much more under the proverbial hood than one might think thanks to Anakin's tinkering and tough as nails. Couple this with the thought that it also seems to be a great shape to offer some playset playability. A toy Twilight, with the length of the B-wing (or only slightly longer) and the volume of the original Vintage Falcon toy (but in a more convenient boxy shape) would be a good compromise between size and playability and could fold out or open in such a way as to have a usable interior. With some solid designs, I could easily see a Twilight fit in to the new 75 dollar price-point, and maybe the hundred if you guys really went all out.
All this is to say, you'd be hard-pressed to find a vehicle that is not a starfighter of some sort with MORE media support than the Twilight right now, and I'm curious how it could still be considered such a dog for forecast sales - can you please give it another look?
Hasbro: We have actually done a lot of work on what size and price the Twilight would be if we did one, but have always come back to the same place: it simply does not have the gravitas in the show that a big vehicle would need to have in order to succeed. It has not shown itself to be as truly heroic and universally memorable like the Millenium Falcon. Unless the Twlight gets a lot more attention and becomes something that really gets kids excited, we won't be adding it to the 3-3/4" line.

Will there be a Republic Gunship for Galactic Heroes?Aug 20, 2009:

JediNews.co.uk: There are so many Clone Troopers in the 3.75" line... how about giving us some sets of Clone Troopers in the Galactic Heroes line, say a squadron of Troopers from Utapau or Coruscant packaged as a Cinema Scene; there are so many different environments to choose from and this would be a great way to give the younger (and older) collector a way to army build rather than just getting one trooper in each two pack every now and again? Also, will we see the Republic Gunship in the Galactic Heroes line anytime soon?
Hasbro: Interesting thought on Galactic Heroes, James. We have done a couple of sets like this and they have been popular, so we would not rule out doing more of these. A Republic Gunship is not likely within the next couple of years.

Is a Republic Attack Shuttle a possibility for 3 3/4" vehicles?Mar 20, 2009:

SWcollector.com: With the new $60 vehicle price point, are we going to see a Nu-Class Shuttle from the Clone Wars? It would serve as yet another incentive for collectors to troop build! -- Galactic Hitchhiker
Hasbro: That would be a great vehicle to do if the price point continues, which we certainly hope it does. At present though, we have no plans - we need to take it one vehicle at a time.
Since then, that line has collapsed and that scale has refocused on only super-recognizable vehicles.

What are the chances of Ziro The Hutt being made? Feb 22nd, 2010:

GalacticHunter.com: The Clone Wars moves so fast that things happen before we have a chance to ask about them. (That's a win, right?) However, while we're on the subject of Hutts, is there any movement toward making the mincing, lisping Ziro The Hutt weasel its way onto a retail shelf?
Hasbro: Ziro The Hutt will not be finding his way to retail shelves. However, we have not ruled him out as a promotional (mail-in) figure for 2011.

I don't want to get into wording, but would a question as to why and how Kohl's was chosen for an exclusive, despite having tiny toy departments and prices that seem to prevent most people from actually buying toys there, be fair game?

I love their clothing prices. I scoff at their toy prices. Even on Black Friday.Our interview from Celebration V in August:

SS: In your most recent Q&A answer about Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes going on hiatus, part of the question was about vehicles and the response didn't answer that aspect. Galactic Heroes fans are obviously excited about the new AT-AT, but are still concerned about the future of the line's chances for other vehicles. Will there be continued development on new Galactic Heroes vehicles; or is going to be more of a special event, case-by-case basis with long, irregular gaps in between? If the latter, will future vehicles take more of the AT-AT's release format with a unique pricepoint and package, or will they be released as exclusives in the existing Galactic Heroes Cinema Scene/Battle Pack type of format? Bottom line, what is the future of Galactic Heroes vehicles? (Keep in mind, when we wrote this, we didn't know about the Galactic Heroes AT-ST.)
DD: Right. So, the Galactic Heroes for us will not be a "line" that will continue forward with a lot of, like, Cinema Scene-type for vehicles. In the line here at Celebration, we revealed the new AT-ST set, which is going to be exclusive to Kohls...
SS: That's an interesting partnership.
DD: Yeah. It's a good partnership.
SS: First time for Kohls?
DD: It is not the first time we've done a Kohls exclusive, but I think the last one might have been a shared exclusive with Kohls. Actually, no, we've done some cinema scene repacks for Kohls in the past, where they came out before, sold out, then we brought them back at Kohls. So we've worked with Kohls for the last few years on getting exclusives in there. But Galactic Heroes will not be a real systematic approach to new vehicles going forward. It's kind of going to be opportunistic. They won't be what we call "main line" vehicles, so the AT-AT this year is the last main line vehicle we'll be doing in Galactic Heroes. But instead we'll look to exclusives, or occasional cinema scenes, to keep that going. That's really the story right now, so we don't have really much to tell fans about new vehicles or new development, except those bigger kind of cinema scene things are taking more of a back seat to the 2-packs.

Seriously, I think Tycho's questions are the way to go!!!If you've been out of the game for 2 years, maybe.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2010, 07:29 PM
As to the Twilight - Dave Filoni said on the Forcecast a few weeks ago that he felt that ship was a bit too Winnebago and that he preferred the shuttle Anakin's been using more recently. So, seeing as how they're basically done with it in the show for all intents and purposes, I think the chances of Hasbro making one are out the window.

JediTricks
10-22-2010, 04:42 AM
The shuttle being the Eta-class Jedi ambassadorial shuttle based on concept artworks from the original trilogy: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_ambassadorial_shuttle
Personally, I find it a tad drab for our heroes.

Tycho
10-22-2010, 05:08 AM
You may as well be asking for a free gold bar.

Which figure / vehicle will the free gold bar be included with? If it is a mail-away offer, how much will shipping / handling be?

Seriously though, I hope you saw that I distinguished how dissatisfied I am with Thi-Sen being offered in a battlepack. I want 5 of him, and I already have Snowbi-Wan and Ice-a-Kin. This figure's single-card demand needs to be demonstrated. The explicit point of the question was to stipulate that a battlepack wasn't good enough.

Meanwhile, Ziro the Hutt as a 2011 mail-away (this was only a suggestion, and not even a rumor folks) is a very strange way to go. I'd assume Ziro would be a repaint / update to CW Jabba (battlepack with the interpretor droid). If so, that would be the largest mail-away we've ever had (I'd think) as the Hutt mold is larger than the Eopie. Do you guys think that's feasible?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Howsabout 5, 6, 7, and 8.

JediTricks
10-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Which figure / vehicle will the free gold bar be included with? If it is a mail-away offer, how much will shipping / handling be?

Seriously though, I hope you saw that I distinguished how dissatisfied I am with Thi-Sen being offered in a battlepack. I want 5 of him, and I already have Snowbi-Wan and Ice-a-Kin. This figure's single-card demand needs to be demonstrated. The explicit point of the question was to stipulate that a battlepack wasn't good enough.Well, the reality is that they're getting re-released (technically, TX-20 isn't the same as the deluxe, which has a new paint scheme), people wanted them re-released, they are working on it, and some of these re-releases are coming sooner in other media. Thi-Sen is not an army-builder except to you. We asked them about re-release on new cards, they answered, that's all that can be done.

Howsabout 5, 6, 7, and 8.Sure thing, Bob Fosse.

Tycho
10-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks for answering my questions, JT.

I only wanted to explain this:

Thi-Sen is not an army-builder except to you.

What I want is actually a group of Talz warriors assembled around Ice-a-Kin, Snowbi-Wan, and Rex-On-The-Rocks.

I strongly doubt they are going to make generic Plutonia (whatever the planet's name was) Talz Warriors (an animated Muftak wouldn't come with the right gear, plus Muftak is from Alzoc III). So that's why I'd buy 5 Thi-Sens and use them all as generic Talz.

So if Hasbro's reading this and wants to offer an ultimate battlepack - there you go: several Freco Speeders, Snow Clones, Talz, Rex, and the Jedi, with maybe the Prime Minister and Senator from that star system.

JediTricks
10-22-2010, 05:36 PM
They are doing Talz warrior.

11-16-09:
CollectionStation.com: The Clone Wars episode "Trespass" from season 1 has resonated with a lot of fans, and the episode also sports a significant amount of noteworthy new characters and outfit variants just begging to be made into figures. Already we have the Freeco Bike confirmed, as well as snow gear Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Thi-Sen; but there's still Rex and the clones in snow gear waiting to be confirmed, the other Talz warriors, the arrogant Chi Cho, Senator Chuchi, and the Pantoran guard - there's more than enough interesting and exciting characters in this episode to fill an entire wave. While Hasbro is likely to do a number of these characters eventually, the episode will fade in buyers' memories fairly quickly, so can you reveal if any will be coming in 2010?
Hasbro: Many of the new characters from this cool episode will be coming, but characters who do not have any screen time or relevance beyond this episode, like Chi Cho, Senator Chuchi, and the Pantoran Guard will not make the lineup.

12-21-09:
ActionFigureInsider.com: Now that you have a Talz Sculpt in Thi -Sen— Is there any chance we can get a Battle pack or deluxe figure set of a slightly different Paint job version of a Talz Warrior with a Narglatch mount– I think that fits your play pattern ideas since they fought against the clones– you could even do a coresponding Battle Pack with the snow clones or Rex with a repainted Freeco or Barc Speeder.
Hasbro: We will be doing additional Talz, but will not be doing the beast. As cool as it is, it does not have enough exposure in the series beyond that episode it was in to justify doing it. If it shows up again, we’ll consider it.

Tycho
10-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks JT. That's good news.

I don't have Thi-Sen either, though. So I wonder how I will get him.

Some form of e-commerce I'm sure. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a bargain unless more of that wave turns up at the secret store.

Tycho
10-25-2010, 05:35 PM
New Questions:

1) Are the Lucas Family Members off-limits for even exclusive Clone Wars figures, as the cartoon leaders of Pantora (especially Baron Pappanoida)?

2) When will we get an animated Greedo?

3) Is Hasbro considering a carded "repaint wave" for Clone Wars that would include some of the exclusive pack-ins like:

Gar Nacht
Shahan Alama (Weequay Pirate)
Robonino
Bossk

4) Since Plo Koon's and Ahsoka's red Jedi Turbospeeder was made (for release next spring) there are some obscure, blink-and-you-miss ship choices in the $24 Clone Wars vehicle line. Will Hondo Ohnaka get the Rapier-One (flying saucer fighter) or one of the Weequay battletanks from Florum? Will Count Dooku ever see his solar sailor ship?

5) Previously Hasbro said they had no plans for the mounts the Talz rode on Pantora. Has a Clone Wars "beast line" been really considered? - from the swamp monster on Rodia that helped JarJar, to the beasts that Commander Stone rode on Florum and the ones Mace Windu and the Twi'lek resistance fighters rode on Ryloth, there are a lot of choices (not to mention the huge Zillo Beast that would be in an altogether larger size category). The beasties have always been a visible part of the Star Wars universe's population. Let's bring them back - for both 3 3/4" lines actually!

Rogue II
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Has anyone ever asked about the possiblity of re-releasing certain figures like the Blue Snaggletooth from the K-Mart set or a carded BG-J38?

bkusna
10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
better??????

El Chuxter
10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Has anyone ever asked about the possiblity of re-releasing certain figures like the Blue Snaggletooth from the K-Mart set or a carded BG-J38?
Unfortunately, I believe that has been asked and shot down. As was any possibility of selling individual BAD parts.

Rogue II
10-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, I believe that has been asked and shot down. As was any possibility of selling individual BAD parts.

Oh well. I had my hopes up because the droid from the Rebel Hoth set is just a repainted build-a-droid. If a single carded figure wasn't possible, I would have even settled for a ROTJ battle pack from Jabba's dungeon with BG-J38, EV-9D9, R2, & C-3PO.

Tycho
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM

That's a good idea. I'd buy Blue Snaggletooth.

I have plenty of BG-J38 parts that almost complete this BAD if you need him. But I only bought one or zero of certain figures from that wave.

Popasdei
10-26-2010, 12:16 AM
I really like the idea of the UGH Foil Carded proof cards its really fun finding your entire wave in the foil over just the regular proof cards, I want to expand upon that foil carded idea and actually make another tier of it. I would really like if they released some rare characters (ie: Blue Snaggletooth) with a GOLD foil, and its classified as an Ultra rare!

I think the hunt for one of these would be the best! :pleased:

Rogue II
10-26-2010, 08:42 AM
That's a good idea. I'd buy Blue Snaggletooth.

I have plenty of BG-J38 parts that almost complete this BAD if you need him. But I only bought one or zero of certain figures from that wave.

I managed to get the legs, one from the Bespin Guard and the other from R2. Why they packed a droid from the OT in with an EU wave puzzles me. I ended up with extra pieces of some astromechs and some other EU droid. My kids had laugh putting together the extra pieces.

mtriv73
10-26-2010, 09:51 AM

I thought they said in some Q&A they're looking for ways to get a "droid factory type" set out in the future. I wouldn't completely give up hope although you can get a bg-j38 pretty cheap on E-bay.

JediTricks
10-27-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm going to send in the questions tomorrow night, so get your votes in for this round soon!

Here are my votes:

1 medical luke
5 saber
6 luke
7 slave I

New Questions:

1) Are the Lucas Family Members off-limits for even exclusive Clone Wars figures, as the cartoon leaders of Pantora (especially Baron Pappanoida)?Why would Hasbro make them? And "off limits" was the word we have. I don't see a reason to ask this.

2) When will we get an animated Greedo?Too specific, we'll get it if/when we get it, but SSG tries not to ask about specifics unless there's a bigger reason.

3) Is Hasbro considering a carded "repaint wave" for Clone Wars that would include some of the exclusive pack-ins like:

Gar Nacht
Shahan Alama (Weequay Pirate)
Robonino
Bossk The point of pack-in figures is they wouldn't sell to the mainline audience so they had to be done separately. As for Bossk, they said no for at least a year.

4) Since Plo Koon's and Ahsoka's red Jedi Turbospeeder was made (for release next spring) there are some obscure, blink-and-you-miss ship choices in the $24 Clone Wars vehicle line. Will Hondo Ohnaka get the Rapier-One (flying saucer fighter) or one of the Weequay battletanks from Florum? Will Count Dooku ever see his solar sailor ship?Rapier One was as big as the Falcon, how is that starfighter-class sized? As for the WLO-5 Speeder Tank, the scale is too big for starfighter-class (look at its turret then look at the Republic Fighter Tank's, then ask yourself where the rest of the Speeder Tank's rear section would go), it's a bit specific. They already said no on the Solar Sailer, it's "not an inspiring design".

5) Previously Hasbro said they had no plans for the mounts the Talz rode on Pantora. Has a Clone Wars "beast line" been really considered? - from the swamp monster on Rodia that helped JarJar, to the beasts that Commander Stone rode on Florum and the ones Mace Windu and the Twi'lek resistance fighters rode on Ryloth, there are a lot of choices (not to mention the huge Zillo Beast that would be in an altogether larger size category). The beasties have always been a visible part of the Star Wars universe's population. Let's bring them back - for both 3 3/4" lines actually!This makes no sense, they said no to a beast so you took that as a consideration for a beast line? Their previous answer on the matter in July said the same thing, after Jabba, no beasts are being considered (they are trying to get someone to pick up the tauntaun they designed last year though).

This isn't a venue to just throw ideas at them, it's a Q&A.

Has anyone ever asked about the possiblity of re-releasing certain figures like the Blue Snaggletooth from the K-Mart set or a carded BG-J38?We asked them in April about BG-J38 re-released, they said NONE of the Build-a-Droid droids will be offered again as-is. We asked them about re-releasing Blue Snags back in '08 for the Saga Legends Fans Choice, since it didn't win it didn't get re-released.

better??????:confused:

Oh well. I had my hopes up because the droid from the Rebel Hoth set is just a repainted build-a-droid. If a single carded figure wasn't possible, I would have even settled for a ROTJ battle pack from Jabba's dungeon with BG-J38, EV-9D9, R2, & C-3PO.One of their answers said that they might reuse the parts as new characters, but not the existing BAD ones.

I really like the idea of the UGH Foil Carded proof cards its really fun finding your entire wave in the foil over just the regular proof cards, I want to expand upon that foil carded idea and actually make another tier of it. I would really like if they released some rare characters (ie: Blue Snaggletooth) with a GOLD foil, and its classified as an Ultra rare!

I think the hunt for one of these would be the best! :pleased:I had a thought about this last night after skimming the thread, but I cannot remember what it was right now. There's also no actual question there. But it ties in to the rare figure idea above, so it has 2 ideas rolled into one. That said, I just rolled it around in my head and realized it's somewhat contradictory: it wants to re-release rare figures but make them even more rare by limiting their releases to chase product. Am I misunderstanding?

El Chuxter
10-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Really, only eight questions up for voting? Wow.

JediTricks
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Really, only eight questions up for voting? Wow.Yeah, we burned through a ton of questions at this summer's 2 conventions, Derryl was very generous with his time.

That said, since then I'm finding it very difficult and frustrating to try to add questions here actually, because so many questions since then have gotten thrown at the wall that I don't think can stick. Tycho alone in just this thread has tossed 12 questions out (and NO votes) that all got shot down from either being previously answered or unfeasible/unrealistic. Yet every time I have to shoot down a potential question, it hurts the Q&A voting by filling up the thread with perceived negativity, which is not at all the intention.

Tycho
10-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes, I perceived the negativity.

When you said:

This isn't a venue to just throw ideas at them, it's a Q&A.

I seriously don't understand your statement.

Questions do include: "will you make a new beast-line for CW?" or something like that. And specific ones should be allowed (like the Zillo Beast) if people want to ask them.

Ridiculous questions might be "Would you consider making a 1:1 scale complete Death Star for the 3 3/4" figures?"

However, considering how many of us want playsets again (and yes I know their answer and their reason "why," as I asked and heard it in person at Comic Con) I don't think that repeatedly asking them for something is necessarily bad.

I appreciate JediTricks wanting to ask different questions than other websites so we get more answers.

But almost everyone, including JediTricks, wants a 3 3/4" Jabba the Hutt Sailbarge vehicle for example. Isn't it a lot like voting in a Fans' Choice Vehicle Poll - but one the fan sites initiate on their own - if a fan site asks for the Sailbarge every other month or so - and it is a different fan site?

Darryl was very generous at Comic Con!!! Many props to him! However, we don't get to see him one-on-one like that every 3 weeks but rather have to wait for these conventions.

So isn't there value in having these Q&A's sometimes throw ideas his way - or reinforce them? (Like Jabba's Sailbarge?)

Because of some of the negativity, myself and some others have sometimes loathed to participate in these Q&A sessions to varying degrees.

Sometimes, fanboy enthusiasm (i.e. "Can we have a giant Death Star Battle Station for our figures?) is indeed the very essence of what makes a fan site a great community - for exactly that type of enthusiasm (but please don't ask the Death Star question even if you actually DO get into a good mood, JT ;) )

I agree that you get somewhere by being professional - but you only need be to a certain extent. You are not being PAID by Hasbro to be professional. So join the rest of us and be a fanboy. Bring back even more fun for all of us, and most importantly, yourself.

On second thought: yeah - ask them if they'd make us an entire spherical 1:1 scale Death Star for the 3 3/4" figures. It may be libertaing. - Or save that for an April 1st Q&A session and add "Digested Oola Action Figure," and whatever else that's completely off the wall to to our list for that month! :D

sebillba
10-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Just 6 and 8 for me please.

JediTricks
10-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, I perceived the negativity.The negativity is on your part though. If you don't like the reasons why I didn't use your questions, start reading more existing answers before asking questions. And this is a very limited resource, so don't just throw any ol' idea you have out here without first thinking through if it's feasible - consider your time with Hasbro at Comic-Con, that's 4 days with the team to talk to them, now imagine that being boiled down to just 2 minutes instead, that's essentially what this Q&A is, 2 minutes with Hasbro every month.

I seriously don't understand your statement.

Questions do include: "will you make a new beast-line for CW?" or something like that. And specific ones should be allowed (like the Zillo Beast) if people want to ask them.Hasbro asked us back in '08 to dial back the specific toy design requests, they had us explain how getting a job in the toy industry works, remember? As for your specific example, that WAS asked already and shot down, yet you went after it again knowing that. When a specific is noteworthy enough and feasible and hasn't been asked about in a while, I do allow it. But I have to make the editorial decision to not fill up this thread with every fan's specific requests, that's not realistic, we don't have room for 5,000 different questions about random stuff, there has to be a filter. That's what makes our Q&As work so well in general, and why Hasbro keeps telling us how good our work is, and why our system has worked since implemented in round 4.

Ridiculous questions might be "Would you consider making a 1:1 scale complete Death Star for the 3 3/4" figures?"

However, considering how many of us want playsets again (and yes I know their answer and their reason "why," as I asked and heard it in person at Comic Con) I don't think that repeatedly asking them for something is necessarily bad.Again, Q&A is a LIMITED resource and we have an extremely definitive answer that keeps not changing despite being asked by every other site out there long after we moved on.

But almost everyone, including JediTricks, wants a 3 3/4" Jabba the Hutt Sailbarge vehicle for example. Isn't it a lot like voting in a Fans' Choice Vehicle Poll - but one the fan sites initiate on their own - if a fan site asks for the Sailbarge every other month or so - and it is a different fan site?This is ultimately the flawed thinking that drives you and why you feel negated at every turn. There is some belief that if enough fans demand an expensive thing, that somehow that'll make it happen. But that ignores 2 factors: A) that Hasbro already knows how much we want it; and B) that the fans make up a MINORITY segment of the brand's market base, so they are never going to have enough power to PUSH something through that Hasbro doesn't think is marketable. Hasbro isn't saying no to the Sail Barge because they're lazy or cruel or ignoring you, they are doing it to protect the line from caving in on itself should a big expense item wildly fail, they are MANAGING the line and that requires balancing a lot of factors, some of which you either don't understand or more likely ignore despite Hasbro explaining their complexities in Q&A.

Darryl was very generous at Comic Con!!! Many props to him! However, we don't get to see him one-on-one like that every 3 weeks but rather have to wait for these conventions.You're making a mistaken perception here, I think. Each round of Q&A takes him more time than all this summer's convention interviews he did. It's just that the questions are not all from 1 or 2 sites at a time the rest of the year. I keep trying to stress the fact that this is a LIMITED resource, as I'll do again in a moment.

So isn't there value in having these Q&A's sometimes throw ideas his way - or reinforce them? (Like Jabba's Sailbarge?)The value of nagging them about things they already have addressed or are likely to be unfeasible is far outweighed by the limited nature of the format. Everybody here has a different opinion about things, we can't just push every single opinion at Hasbro, especially when it's going to be a simple "no" answer. Look at the answer we just got here:

SSG: The prequels have introduced a number of new alien species to the Star Wars universe, and Hasbro has been good about making figures of most of them. Aside from pod race pilots which have already been discussed with Hasbro, there are several other visually interesting alien species that Hasbro hasn't yet added to the lineup including Roonan, Sarrish, Zeuolin, Holwuff, Tarnab and Sy Myrthian. While these are admittedly background stuff and mostly represented as senators in the films, as action figures they would add another dimension of unique aliens to the line. Can you tell us if any of these species will find their way into the lineup in the foreseeable future?
Hasbro: As cool as they are, without any really recognizable moments in the films we're unlikely to get to these.That was NO surprise to me, and it's why I didn't want to ask it in the first place. The answer was definitive and straightforward, but it was also incredibly brief and served to just confirm what we already had strong evidence to suspect. Just having a single "no" sentence is not rewarding despite being honest, there's no payout.

Because of some of the negativity, myself and some others have sometimes loathed to participate in these Q&A sessions to varying degrees.That's on you, I would guess that's your fanboy perceptions' laziness and selfishness overwhelming your thinking. And speak for yourself, I don't want to hear what you think others feel about this thread, that's just your perceptions - you are sometimes the single most frustrating thing to deal with in these Q&A voting threads, at least when Cane and Gothiczartan get on my case about something "out there" it's something they care a great deal about, not a random whim that just got under their skin or a total goof dedicated to filling a few minutes of their day, nobody else in these threads wastes my time the way you do.

Sometimes, fanboy enthusiasm (i.e. "Can we have a giant Death Star Battle Station for our figures?) is indeed the very essence of what makes a fan site a great community - for exactly that type of enthusiasm That's not what Q&A is about though, and a definitive "no" answer can only serve to crush hopes, not foster them. Which is more negative in that respect, using the knowledge learned from these Q&As to filter question ideas, or crushing the more outlandish hopes?

I agree that you get somewhere by being professional - but you only need be to a certain extent. You are not being PAID by Hasbro to be professional. So join the rest of us and be a fanboy. Bring back even more fun for all of us, and most importantly, yourself.That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen you say. If I ran it the way you want, there'd be a voting thread with 175 questions about random stuff just begging, every month the answers would be 4 brief "no"s. There are plenty other sites out there wasting fans' time with that stuff, and their Q&A voting system sure isn't working as well as ours. The ONLY reason I put in this much effort is for the community, and it bothers me that of all people in this thread, YOU would have the gall to say that to me.

JediTricks
10-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Anyway, all that charming stuff aside, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to close the thread and send in the Qs a few hours early.

Here are the questions we're sending for in this round:

Questions from SirStevesGuide.com:
1) Although we've gotten in recent years a better Luke from ANH, and even a second Han Solo Death Star Escape, we've still not really gotten an acceptable Luke Death Star Escape figure. The last one was the 25th Anniversary set which was essentially a statue. Luke and Leia's "swing to freedom" (as Hasbro describes it) is one of the earliest, most iconic Star Wars images, and yet not only do we not have a truly acceptable Leia figure for this, but we don't have a modern-quality Luke for it, and he's the hero of the scene! Luke would need a stormtrooper utility belt and grappling hook & line (and if these just happened to be swappable with a regular Luke ANH belt to complete the Death Star scenes in this costume, so much the better), and articulation to deliver the action, and a quality likeness would mean a lot too. Are there any chances that we get a Death Star Escape Luke like this? And while we're at it, how about a Leia as well?
2) In several instances now, when asked about the new Slave I getting an ESB release, the response is that it largely depends on how the current Clone Wars version does at retail. If the decision to release it this way is based off sales, why release this as a $100 set with a few re-released figures, and a vehicle repaint that wasn't really hotly requested? If this CW set does sell, does that suggest an ESB release would get a similar Ultimate Battle Pack treatment with the release of some new figures like Bespin Guards and an existing vehicle like the Cloud Car? If that's not likely in store for an ESB Slave I, why predicate that release on this one when it has a different pricepoint, market, and really a different business model altogether? Why release the CW one in this ultimate battle pack format, was this vehicle originally planned for the now-defunct $60 Deluxe Vehicle line and repurposed, was this always the plan for it, or if not, how did this come about this way?
Questions from CollectionStation.com:
1) Given previous answers from Hasbro that a Cane Adiss figure was not off the table, and then the character showing 10th in the most recent Fans Choice poll, it certainly seems like eventually we'll probably get a Cane Adiss figure at some point down the road. With that in mind, has the Hasbro Star Wars team given any thought to how Cane, the largest character in the Fans Choice poll, could be realized as a product since he undoubtedly wouldn't fit on the current basic card - would it be a battle pack, a mail-away, an exclusive for Toys R Us (a good tie-in to the giraffe-themed retailer)? And has there been any discussion on a "whole creature" design for Adiss similarly to how the team extrapolated a fully-realized design for aliens like Dice Ibegon that were only prop puppet heads? Obviously we're not expecting Lucasfilm approval on any ideas you guys might have yet, but preliminarily, what does the Hasbro team feel a Cane Adiss figure would look like?
2) With the 2008 Medical Frigate Luke figure, the figure almost fits the bill for Echo Base recovery scene Luke, if not for the open mechanical arm, and the different likeness with scars and Hoth hairstyle. That scene also has another character whose figure is in dire need of updating: 2-1B, who hasn't seen a new figure design in over a decade. With a Recovery Luke figure, it'd just be a new head required (the body and undamaged forearm tooling already exists from the VOTC figure) so you could also include the mask he wore in that scene's less-infamous cut footage (we're not asking you to make kissing Luke & Leia, you'll have to decide if you're twisted enough to go there ;-) ). So, any chances of knocking the Echo Base Recovery scene out of the park by making new Luke recovery and 2-1B figures?

Since we don't have a new Q&A schedule, I'm not going to be starting a new voting thread after this right away. Look for a new voting thread next week or so.