PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Y-Wing at Marshall's, $39.99

El Chuxter
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
I saw two of these bad boys today. Having no interest in the design, and not having enough money at the moment to buy one for someone else (without at least knowing who wants it), I left them both on the shelf.

However, I know a lot of folks dug this, and think it was tough to find, so hit your local Marshall's (or TJ Maxx, since they're the same company and usually have the same products).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I made the decision to get the Lego CW Y-Wing instead, and storage space, rather than cost is prolly the reason shan't git it.

But thanks for the head's-up!

Blue2th
09-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I saw these the other day at Marshalls. Thanks for the heads up Chux. I plan on getting one on payday.

Phantom-like Menace
02-21-2011, 11:43 PM
I found these half off till Saturday at TRU. I broke down and snagged one.

I've been turned off by the sixty-plus price tag on these, but now that I've had one in hand, I'd say it's at least a better value than the increasingly more expensive gun ships. It's pretty honking big, and it's got a lot of buttons for firing missiles (actual missiles, not gun barrels that inexplicably detach and fly off) and flip up missiles, and it's always nice to get a vehicle with a slot I can actually place an astromech into.

I do wish it weren't so damned clean, and sixty some dollars is still pretty steep when a little more will get me an AT-AT or AT-TE (were they on shelves), but I'm pretty happy to have one and feel it's definitely worth getting at half off. I wish the turret rotated though. I'm really inclined to display it with a couple pilots, an astromech and maybe even some kind of ground crew. I may even be inclined, if I find myself with some extra money (income tax return perhaps), to grab one at regular price to encourage similar vehicles to be made in the future.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2011, 04:54 PM
I may even be inclined, if I find myself with some extra money (income tax return perhaps), to grab one at regular price to encourage similar vehicles to be made in the future.
Do as you wish, but I think the time to "send a message" has long passed. With these ships still barely moving on clearance over a year after their release, I don't think we'll be seeing anything similar anytime soon.

Also, the deco on this one is unique to the ship flown by Anakin, Ahsoka, and R2-D2, so it technically wouldn't work for the other standard clone-piloted ships.