PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual 2010 SSG October Halloween Horror Movie Challenge!

UKWildcat
09-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the Fourth Annual (2010) SirStevesGuide
October Halloween Horror Movie Challenge!!!

All members are encouraged to participate!

This challenge will begin October 1st @ 12:00am and will end October 31st @ 11:59 pm.

Here is a link to the 2007 challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36191).
Here is a link to the 2008 challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38955).
Here is a link to last year's 2009 challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=41228).

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length horror movie between the month of October (1st-31st) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie's title, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie watched, the year it was released, who starred in the film, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement being that the film is a horror movie in some aspect, whether it be a straight up Horror Movie (like Halloween), a Horror/Comedy (like Shaun of the Dead) or a Sci/Fi Horror movie (like Alien). There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used.

Example:

October 1st
1. Halloween [- (year) - comments, etc, if you want!]

October 2nd
2. Shaun of the Dead [- (year) - comments, etc]
3. Alien [- (year) - comments, etc]

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, the challenge will start on October 1st (@ 12:00am), in just a few days, and will run until the 31st. Any movie started before 12:00 am on the 31st, but ends thereafter, will count!

Have fun!!!

:thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Watched only 15 movies last year, will try to do better this time around. :rolleyes:

OC47150
09-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes! I've picked up a few new horror movies (classics and newer) to watch for this year's festival!!

I'll start this weekend.

DarthQuack
09-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Same here....been kind of lackluster the last few years, but will try my best to do better, especially with Netflix at my disposal. :)

Daryl VayDar
09-30-2010, 08:42 AM
I've always wanted to post my list for October, and have had fun seeing what everyone else is watching, so this year I'm going to do my best to make a (somewhat) respectable showing here. I've picked up a few of those HORROR COLLECTION- 20 Classics of the Macabre!!! collections, so I've got plenty of BAAAAD movies at my fingertips... :thumbsup:

2-1B
10-03-2010, 02:34 PM
10/1: Misery (1990) - it's been so long since I've seen this...so when I saw it was on TNT the other day, I figured it was a good start to this year's challenge. Nice blast from the past here...I certainly enjoy it more as an adult than when I was a kid. This movie could also double for the Oscar challenge since Kathy Bates won for Best Actress.
10/2: Let Me In (2010) - saw it in the theater last night, what a FANTASTIC film. I've not read the book, not seen the first foreign film edition, of course I'm already reading some criticism for this movie not being as "good" as the film or Swedish film but I don't care, I thought this was AMAZING. I highly recommend it.
10/3: Survival of the Dead (2009) - I listed 2009 since that's the official year of release but I think of it as a 2010 release. I wanted to see it in the theater but it didn't play around here. I thought about paying $8 to watch on Time Warner PPV but decided to wait for the DVD, which we picked up last night (a few weeks after it was released).
My review is so-so, I enjoyed watching it and thought the story was interesting but as for the execution of it, it's clearly a step (several steps) below Night, Dawn, Day, and Land. However, it might be better than Diary (which I know isn't saying much to most fans) but I'll need to watch it again to form that opinion. We got the 2-disc edition which is cool because this is one of the few franchises where I'm interested in all the Extras.

Darth Duranium
10-03-2010, 03:34 PM
10/1: Splice (2009) - Adrien Brody, Sarah Polley - Surprisingly good piece of sci-fi horror; weirdly compelling, cool effects, good performances and a few interesting twists on the Frankenstein/Dr. Moreau nightmare of DNA manipulations gone way bad. Cool film.
Highly recommended, seek it out.

10/2: Predators (2010) - Adrien Brody, Alice Braga - Better than expected but pretty much a by-the-numbers genre flick. After 4 flicks and umpteen years, the Predators are about as scary as say, annoyed Teletubbies... I think Ridley Scott's smart to redraw his Aliens for his Alien reboot. We found it inferior to the Arnie original but fun enough to be worth a rental.

10/3: The Expendables (2010) - Not a horror flick but it was the most horrifying piece of crap we've seen in years. Stallone should be dropped into a Sarlacc for this botoxed piece of steroidal abomination. Abysmal.

UKWildcat
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
October 1st
01. The Return of the Living Dead (1985) [DVD] - Looking back, I can't believe I didn't get around to this one last year. This is easily one of my favorites - knocked it out of the way early this time! Burt and Ernie - 'nuff said!

October 5th
02. Bubba Ho-Tep (2002) [DVD] - Haven't seen this one all the way through in years and had to watch it this time around. Very cool movie, love what Coscarelli did here. The music is outstanding as well!
03. The Mist (2007) [Blu-ray] - I think this was only the second complete viewing for me, but either way, I love this movie... and I love to hate Mrs Carmody. Ugh. I know the ending was received with mixed emotions, but I like it. Good flick!

UKWildcat
10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
I've always wanted to post my list for October, and have had fun seeing what everyone else is watching, so this year I'm going to do my best to make a (somewhat) respectable showing here. I've picked up a few of those HORROR COLLECTION- 20 Classics of the Macabre!!! collections, so I've got plenty of BAAAAD movies at my fingertips... :thumbsup:

Welcome to the challenge! Glad you decided to participate. :thumbsup:

2-1B
10-05-2010, 09:03 PM
UKW, I'm in it for the long haul this year. :)
I love The Mist, love love love it. Only saw it that one time in the theater but wanted to watch again ever since. The ending was awesome, better than what I heard was in the book.

Lord Malakite
10-06-2010, 04:22 AM
So far I've watched the following.

Child's Play (don't remember the exact day, was sometime late at night/early morning between Oct. 1 and Oct. 4th. though)
Human Centipede: First Sequence (Oct 5th-6th, started the movie a little after 11PM)

Lord Malakite
10-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Child's Play (sometime between Oct. 1 and Oct. 4th.)
Human Centipede: First Sequence (late Oct. 5th-early Oct. 6th)
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (Oct. 7th)

jonthejedi
10-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Yes, 2-1B...The Mist is awesome...speaking of Frank Darabont...mine is AMC's new Walking Dead mini-series which debuts on...Halloween! This thing has hit written all over it. The end of the world-zombie style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1B
10-08-2010, 09:02 PM
jon, I agree Walking Dead looks fantastic...I'm excited for it as well!!!

10/1: Misery (1990)
10/2: Let Me In (2010)
10/3: Survival of the Dead (2009)
10/4: House of 1,000 Corpses (2003) - I haven't watched this in years, I really don't think I've seen it since after The Office became a hit so it was cool to watch Rainn Wilson in this again. I still really enjoy it, I know it has its critics (some of the editing is a bit over the top for my taste too) but it's just loaded with so many good characters that it still works for me.
10/5: The Terminator (1984) - Some may not accept it as a legitimate entry for a Horror film challenge but when I was a kid, the endoskeleton chase scene at the end absolutely terrified me. Plus, I've been anxious to watch this again after seeing Michael Biehn and Linda Hamilton at WizardWorldChicago in August.
10/6: Saw IV (2007) - Just brushing up in excitement for Saw 7 in a couple weeks. I got sick of watching every Saw every year leading up to the newest one, so I'm skipping 1-3 this year. The autopsy scene at the beginning of the film is still creepy.
10/7: Saw V (2008) - Same as part 4 above. I didn't think this movie lived up to the "you won't believe how it ends" tagline but still a solid entry in the series.

Slicker
10-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I've watched:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
King Kong
Graveyard Shift (in progress)
Transformers (some would consider this the most horrifying movie ever)

UKWildcat
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
October 1st
01. The Return of the Living Dead (1985) [DVD] - Looking back, I can't believe I didn't get around to this one last year. This is easily one of my favorites - knocked it out of the way early this time! Burt and Ernie - 'nuff said!

October 5th
02. Bubba Ho-Tep (2002) [DVD] - Haven't seen this one all the way through in years and had to watch it this time around. Very cool movie, love what Coscarelli did here. The music is outstanding as well!
03. The Mist (2007) [Blu-ray] - I think this was only the second complete viewing for me, but either way, I love this movie... and I love to hate Mrs Carmody. Ugh. I know the ending was received with mixed emotions, but I like it. Good flick!

October 15th
04. The Crazies (2010) [Blu-ray] - First Time Viewing. Never did see the original. I really liked this one though! :thumbsup:
05. Zombieland (2009) [Starz HD OD] - This was only like the second time I have seen this movie in it's entirety. That being said, it is just awesome! Definitely need to watch this movie more often.

2-1B
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Yuke, I'm glad you enjoyed The Crazies !!! I thought it was more enjoyable than the original. :)

10/1: Misery (1990)
10/2: Let Me In (2010)
10/3: Survival of the Dead (2009)
10/4: House of 1,000 Corpses (2003)
10/5: The Terminator (1984)
10/6: Saw IV (2007)
10/7: Saw V (2008)
10/15 Case 39 (2010) - Well I had very low hopes for this, considering how long it took to be released. And yes, the trailer paints a much different impression of this movie than what it's really about. Despite my dislike of Zellweger, I rather enjoyed the film for what it was. Bradley Cooper was good and Ian McShane was fantastic, as always!!! Beyond that, it actually had a few creepy moments.

DarkArtist
10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
so I'm way behind the ball on this one this year but here goes... (just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to sit and get wrapped up in some good old fashioned horror movies)

Friday the 13th Part 1
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3
Friday the 13th Part 5
Scooby Doo Curse of the Lake Monster
Scooby Doo's Haunted Halloween

hoping to watch some more horror flicks this weekend.... I have taped the 2 part making of Nightmare on Elm Street series so hopefully I'll get a chance to check that out this weekend....

planning on going to a haunted woods thing tomorrow night so we'll see what type of ghouls my wife and I can scare up:thumbsup:

Slicker
10-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
King Kong
Graveyard Shift (in progress)
Transformers (some would consider this the most horrifying movie ever)

I've added to these with:

Friday the 13th parts 1-5 so far. Gonna take in Jason Takes Manhattan tonight.

UKWildcat
10-21-2010, 10:31 PM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th
04. The Crazies (2010) [Blu-ray] - First Time Viewing. Never did see the original. I really liked this one though! :thumbsup:
05. Zombieland (2009) [Starz HD OD] - This was only like the second time I have seen this movie in it's entirety. That being said, it is just awesome! Definitely need to watch this movie more often.

October 18th
06. Trick 'r Treat (2007) [Blu-ray] - First Time Viewing. This was a very neat movie, love how everything is intertwined and how it closes full-circle. :pleased:
07. Orphan (2009) [Blu-ray] - First Time Viewing. Didn't know much about this one going in, read some real good things on another forum and bought it blindly. Anyways, glad I did cause this movie is awesome, very clever! Highly recommended!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

UKWildcat
10-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Yuke, I'm glad you enjoyed The Crazies !!! I thought it was more enjoyable than the original. :)

Yeah man, I really liked The Crazies. The more I thought about it, the next day and what not, the more and more I liked it. I already want to watch it again. LOL. I will definitely be purchasing this one at some point, maybe it will be a Black Friday deal or something. :Ponder:

Lord Malakite
10-22-2010, 03:30 AM
In the House of the Devil (late Oct. 18th-early Oct. 19th)
My Bloody Valentine 3D (late Oct. 21st-early Oct. 22nd)
Friday the 13th "Remake/Reboot" (early Oct. 22nd)

UKWildcat
10-22-2010, 09:33 AM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th

October 18th
06. Trick 'r Treat (2007) [Blu-ray] - First Time Viewing. This was a very neat movie, love how everything is intertwined and how it closes full-circle. :pleased:
07. Orphan (2009) [Blu-ray] - First Time Viewing. Didn't know much about this one going in, read some real good things on another forum and bought it blindly. Anyways, glad I did cause this movie is awesome, very clever! Highly recommended!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

October 21st
08. Paranormal Activity (2007) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. My string of top notch "First Time Viewing"s pretty much came to an end with this one. I wanted to like this movie, but I immediately became bored with it. Could have had potential, but I think it failed to deliver. :upset: That chick did have a nice rack though. :D

UKWildcat
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th

October 18th

October 21st
08. Paranormal Activity (2007) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. My string of top notch "First Time Viewing"s pretty much came to an end with this one. I wanted to like this movie, but I immediately became bored with it. Could have had potential, but I think it failed to deliver. :upset: That chick did have a nice rack though. :D

October 22nd
09. My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Another fairly weak FTV - It's kinda been going downhill since Orphan. Pretty much a mindless slasher flick. A bit over the top (prob for 3D purposes). Nothing to write home about. :tired:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Alright, here we go. Better late than never.

October 22
1. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1932) - Fredric March plays the good doctor and his villainous alter ego. I don't think I've ever seen a film adaptation of this story, but it was pretty damn well done. The transformations and point-of-view/mirror shots were all pretty interesting.

Looks like I had only one entry last year. Pretty weak. I've never been too crazy into horror movies, but I like some of the older ones, before it became all about sounds and things jumping out at the screen. TCM is playing a whole bunch of them over the next few weeks, so I'm stocking up on the DVR.

Rogue II
10-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Like UKWildcat, I watched Zombieland on Starz. I'm taking an Intro to Theater class to fill a college requirement. Part of the class I have to go see a play, so I'm going to see a production of Count Dracula this weekend.

And depending on your definition of "horror", I saw part of Zardoz of FMC.

Lord Malakite
10-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Oct. 24th)

Darth Duranium
10-26-2010, 12:12 AM
And depending on your definition of "horror", I saw part of Zardoz of FMC.

The horror... the horror!
Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

Despite Monsieur Connery's snappy ensemble, I actually like the first 15 minutes of Zardoz... before it fully tips over into horrifying hippie-dippy silliness.

Gonna go watch Zombieland now! Sounds good. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2010, 01:14 AM
October 22
1. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1932) - Fredric March plays the good doctor and his villainous alter ego. I don't think I've ever seen a film adaptation of this story, but it was pretty damn well done. The transformations and point-of-view/mirror shots were all pretty interesting.
October 24
2. Troll 2 (1991) - Often billed the best worst movie, this was the second time I'd seen it in as many months. I'm not sure it has the rewatchability factor of other bad movies like Mac and Me or The Room, but it's still quite enjoyably awful.

DarkArtist
10-28-2010, 02:57 PM
watched the following last night:

Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween IV : The Return of Michael Myers
Halloween V: The Revenge of Michael Myers
The Making of Halloween
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

also caught the Scream Awards on October 19th.... I know it really doesn't count as a Halloween title but it did have an advance trailer for Scream IV as well as other clips from various horror movies.

OC47150
10-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm participating again this year. I've been writing my movie-viewing list in a notepad and will shortly add it to the website.

My grandmother was in the hospital for most of October; she's finally home (after 23 days in the hospital) and doing well. My goal to break last year's personal record won't happen but at least I'll get to 31 movies.

I varied from my usual Halloween viewing list. Watched a lot of new flicks or ones I hadn't seen in an awful-long time. It will be a fun list.

UKWildcat
10-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother OC. Glad to hear she is home and doing well!

UKWildcat
10-29-2010, 10:24 AM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th

October 18th

October 21st

October 22nd
09. My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Another fairly weak FTV - It's kinda been going downhill since Orphan. Pretty much a mindless slasher flick. A bit over the top (prob for 3D purposes). Nothing to write home about. :tired:

October 27th
10. The Last House on the Left (2009) [HBO2 HD] - Watched this one for the first time during last year's challenge, and definitely wanted to try and watch it this time around. Saw it was on HBO2 the other night (pretty sure it was the 27th) and took it down. Still a very solid movie!

October 29th
11. Pandorum (2009) [Starz HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Really, REALLY enjoyed this one! Could possibly be the best Sci-Fi/Thriller I've seen since Aliens. Foster did an awesome job, as per usual. I found the "creatures" to be very similar to what lives in the caves in The Descent - very creepy, very aggressive, and quick. Two thumbs up here! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

UKWildcat
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th

October 18th

October 21st

October 22nd

October 27th
10. The Last House on the Left (2009) [HBO2 HD] - Watched this one for the first time during last year's challenge, and definitely wanted to try and watch it this time around. Saw it was on HBO2 the other night (pretty sure it was the 27th) and took it down. Still a very solid movie!

October 29th
11. Pandorum (2009) [Starz HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Really, REALLY enjoyed this one! Could possibly be the best Sci-Fi/Thriller I've seen since Aliens. Foster did an awesome job, as per usual. I found the "creatures" to be very similar to what lives in the caves in The Descent - very creepy, very aggressive, and quick. Two thumbs up here! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
12. Saw VI (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Never thought it would take me a year to see this one, LOL. I liked the movie, thought it was much better than V. Would be sweet to squeeze in Saw 3D sometime this weekend, but I doubt I'll be able to... we'll see.

UKWildcat
10-30-2010, 06:39 PM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th

October 18th

October 21st

October 22nd

October 27th

October 29th
12. Saw VI (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Never thought it would take me a year to see this one, LOL. I liked the movie, thought it was much better than V. Would be sweet to squeeze in Saw 3D sometime this weekend, but I doubt I'll be able to... we'll see

October 30th
13. Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Meh. The lead chick was rather hot, there were a few good laughs, and some good gore, but this one still wasn't all that great - It wasn't a complete mess, but it could have certainly been better in areas.

UKWildcat
10-31-2010, 11:13 AM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th

October 18th

October 21st

October 22nd

October 27th

October 29th
12. Saw VI (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Never thought it would take me a year to see this one, LOL. I liked the movie, thought it was much better than V. Would be sweet to squeeze in Saw 3D sometime this weekend, but I doubt I'll be able to... we'll see

October 30th
13. Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Meh. The lead chick was rather hot, there were a few good laughs, and some good gore, but this one still wasn't all that great - It wasn't a complete mess, but it could have certainly been better in areas
14. Zombieland (2009) [Starz HD] - Yup, watched this one again last night - I was not sober, so that made the movie/experience quite different... therefore, I'm counting it twice! LOL. Great movie, good times!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2010, 04:17 PM
October 22
October 24
2. Troll 2 (1991) - Often billed the best worst movie, this was the second time I'd seen it in as many months. I'm not sure it has the rewatchability factor of other bad movies like Mac and Me or The Room, but it's still quite enjoyably awful.
October 31
3. Saw (2004) - I had never seen this before, nor any of the torture porn movies that followed in its wake. The premise was interesting but the execution (pun kind of sort of intended) was too frenetic and cheap. Definitely not a movie that made me say, "Yup, this definitely needs seven sequels."

DarkArtist
11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
here's the few movies I caught the last 2 days:

10/30/2010:

Halloween ( Rob Zombie Version)
Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
The Great Pumpkin (classic Charlie Brown)
Garfield Halloween (another classic)
Freddy vs Jason

10/31/2010:

Halloween 4: The Return of Micheal Myers
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (classic)
Little Monsters (first time ever seeing this flick - cute and funny)

Lord Malakite
11-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Scared Shrekless (Oct. 28th)
Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare (early Oct. 29th)
Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (Oct. 29th)
Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space (Oct. 30th)
Wrong Turn (early Oct. 31st)
Ghoulies (Oct. 31st)
Ghoulies II (Oct. 31st)
Bats (Oct. 31st)
The Return of the Living Dead (Oct. 31st)
Pumpkinhead (late Oct. 31st)
The Brain That Wouldn't Die (late Oct. 31st-early Nov. 1st)

Kicked it into overdrive for the final two days.

DarkArtist
11-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Even though it was after Halloween I di watch perhaps one of the best, funniest Halloween movies Evil Dead II... I love these movies they are just awesome...

today i have the pleasure of being at a true horror event... my office is host to the Election polls....talk about horror...having to deal with people stating their political views to me on a hourly basis.... that's the true horror in the world all. :rolleyes:

OC47150
11-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Finally (!!) my list:

Oct. 1 -- Turistas (2006). First viewing. Not bad. Like Hostel in the tropics.
The Flesh and the Fiends (1959). First viewing. Peter Cushing and the ever-creepy Donald Pleasance.

Oct. 2 -- Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
Juggernaut (1936) Good ole Karloff.

Oct. 3. -- The Graves (2009) First viewing.

Oct. 5 -- House on Haunted Hill (the original). Hadn't seen it in years. Very enjoyable.

Oct. 6 -- The Devil Bat with Bela Legosi. First viewing.

Oct. 9 -- Night of the Living Dead. (1968). I found the 40th anniversary issue. Great doc on it with the original cast and crew. There's also a radio interview with Duane Jones (Ben).

Oct. 10 -- MonsterWolf First viewing.
Dawn of the Dead (1978). Always great.

Oct. 13 -- War of the Colossal Beast. First viewing. I will have to track down the prequel.
Thing from Another World (1953??)

Oct. 14 -- The Invisbile Ghost with Bela. First viewing.
The Ape Man with Bela. First viewing

Oct. 15 -- Horror Hotel with Christopher Lee. First viewing.
A Bucket of Blood (1959). First viewing. A quirky Roger Corman movie. It's different and I liked it.

Oct. 16 -- The Devil's Hand. First viewing
Corridors of Blood with Karloff. First viewing.

Oct. 17 -- Kill Theory (2009). First viewing.
Earth V. the Flying Saucers (1956). First viewing.

Oct. 18 -- I Bury the Dead with Richard Boone. First viewing.

Oct. 19 -- The Brain Eaters. First viewing.

Oct. 23 -- Boy Eats Girl. First viewing. An Irish zombie movie!!

Oct. 24 -- Tamara. First viewing. The school nerd comes back from the dead to get revenge on her classmates.
Planet Terror (2007). One of my go-to movies. Gets better with each viewing.

Oct. 25 -- X the Unknown. (1956). First viewing. Radioactive mud. Nuff said.

Oct. 26 -- Outpost. (2008) Mercs encounter zombie Nazis.

Oct. 27 -- the She Creature. First viewing.

Oct. 28 -- When Worlds Collide. (First viewing). Wow, a hero who's hornier than Kevin McCarthy's Miles Bennell!!

Oct. 30 -- The Blob (1958). The King of Cool in his first starring role.
The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956). My girlfriend watched this one with me, and she laughed at a lot of McCarthy's oneliners with Dana Wynter.

Oct. 31 -- Red: Werewolf Hunter (2009). First viewing. An updated version of Little Red Riding Hood.

Halloween (1978). The original! Never gets old.

Nov. 1 -- Halloween 2 (1981). You gotta finish the Night He Came Home.

There were a couple others that I didn't get to, but they're still on the DVR.

UKWildcat
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
October 1st

October 5th

October 15th

October 18th

October 21st

October 22nd

October 27th

October 29th

October 30th
13. Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009) [EPIX HD OD] - First Time Viewing. Meh. The lead chick was rather hot, there were a few good laughs, and some good gore, but this one still wasn't all that great - It wasn't a complete mess, but it could have certainly been better in areas
14. Zombieland (2009) [Starz HD] - Yup, watched this one again last night - I was not sober, so that made the movie/experience quite different... therefore, I'm counting it twice! LOL. Great movie, good times!

October 31st
15. Halloween (1978) [DVD] - Always try to end with this one. Classic!

UKWildcat
11-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Ended up with the same # of movies watched as last year, 15. Although, out of those 15, 8 were First Time Viewings (only 5 were last year) - I am pleased with that. Will definitely try and do better next year though.

I am, however, ready to tear up the Holiday Challenge which will start in just a few weeks. :thumbsup:

BTW - I'll get that thread going within the next few days, try and generate more interest in it before it starts. :)

2-1B
02-20-2011, 09:57 AM
sorry UKW, I came back in November to finish filling in my list but somehow post got wiped out before I could submit...then I never made it back to complete it. :(

I did watch a couple of repeats from the older days, like The Ring and stuff like that from the older 2000s but I can't recall everything. I also took in Saw 7 the day before Halloween, which was a nice touch. Overall I'd say that was not one of the BEST Saw movies but I did like how it (mostly) wrapped things up, so it was a fitting end to that series.