PDA

View Full Version : No Ordinary Family

sith_killer_99
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Well, I watched the premier of "No Ordinary Family".

Overall, it wasn't bad, sort of cheesy with the premise for their super powers. They will probably have difficulties with the family theme of the show. It seems kinda like a watered down version of Heroes.

I do like some of the actors, so I will give it a shot.

I like the way there seems to be a much larger piucture, other people with powers or abilities, etc.

The whole "lair" thing was a bit much.:rolleyes:

El Chuxter
09-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I skipped it, figuring if it was good I could watch online or in a rerun. Worthwhile? You seem a bit ambiguous.

sith_killer_99
09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
I skipped it, figuring if it was good I could watch online or in a rerun. Worthwhile? You seem a bit ambiguous.

I am still undecided, but will give it a chance for now.

I like the characters, but the storyline seems a bit weak right now, they will need to develop the story in order to make this a hit.

It seems many shows suffer in one area, storyline, character development, etc, but eventually the weaker elements catch up or the show dies.

I am going to give this show 3 episodes.

Was it worth watching, yes, it was interesting, and the effects were pretty cool, but the "origins" was a let down.:tired:I was also less than impressed with the format of the story telling "interview" type camera work with the "big reveal of them talking to a shrink" that everyone saw coming from a mile away. It just felt kind of lazy.

Lord Malakite
10-01-2010, 01:42 AM
It seems kinda like a watered down version of Heroes.
It reminded me more of a live action take on The Incredibles.

nohagent
10-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes, I thought it was live action incredibles rip off as well. I laughed a bit and will give it a chance

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I've been watching it so far. It is the only thing I'm watching on Tuesday or Wednesday other than FNC or catching up on DVR.

JEDIpartner
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
We opted out after last week. It wasn't going anywhere for us. We were sad.

sith_killer_99
10-15-2010, 06:15 PM
We opted out after last week. It wasn't going anywhere for us. We were sad.

I'm hanging in for now, mostly because I want to see what's up with Stephanie's boss and the Company. Besides, Julie Benz is hot and I can't watch her on Dexter anymore.:D