PDA

View Full Version : Gentle Giant -The Latest

Jayspawn
09-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Ok, here is where we stand (I think) on where Gentle Giant is with their HUGE backlog of products. Needless to say, EVERYTHING is backed up in a major way.

Shipping/ Released

Oola Mini Bust -Released
Hoth Han Bust -Released
Hoth Luke Bust -Released
Hoth Leia Bust -Released
Mynock Hunt Leia Bust -Released
Darth Talon Bust -Released
Bespin Luke Statue -Released
Blue Snaggletooth Statue -Now Shipping for PMG Members
Slave Leia Maquette -Released
Jango Fett Scaled Helmet -Released
Slave Leia Bust -Released
Lando Calrissian Bust -Released

Darth Revan (Late Nov 2010?)
Battle Droid Bust (Late Nov 2010?)
Death Trooper Bust (Oct/ Nov 2010)
Death Trooper Dlx Bust (Oct/ Nov 2010)
Farm Boy Luke Bust (Nov/Dec 2010)
Figrin D'an Bust (Jan 2011)
Jabba's Palace Bookends (Jan 2011)
Force Unleashed Darth Vader Bust (Jan 2011)
Kabe & Muftak Busts 2-pack (Feb 2011)
Hammerhead Bust (March 2011)
Bantha & Tusken Raider Statue (March 2011?)
CW Cad Bane Maquette (March 2011)
12" Vintge Chewbacca (March 2011)
12" Vintage Han Solo (March 2011)
12" Vintage Princess Leia (April 2011)
12" Vintage Darth Vader (April 2011)
R2-D2 Statue (Late -God Knows)

I think this catches us up on Star Wars for the time being. 2010 was supposed to be the catchup year for Gentle Giant -although that hasn't quite happened. I've seen most of these at Celebration 5 -and most of it looks fantastic (except for the Lando Bust -horrible). We'll wait on and see what can get shipped before we start 2011.

Jayspawn
11-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Schedule updated with new changes/ additions.

The ESB Lando and Slave Leia have now started shipping. Unfortunatly, GG has made last minute changes to them both resulting in terrible likenesses of the actors/ characters. While GG still makes great products -the quality concerns are ramped by 4 products bombing in a row.

BlueSnags
11-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Sadly, GG is its own worst enemy these days.

They really blew it with the Slave Leia bust, the Lando bust and the Bespin Luke statue, in particular.

The 12" Kenner figures, the Oola bust and the Blue Snaggletooth statue were the only home runs this year...

-Snags

Jayspawn
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
You got that right snags. Who knows what next year will bring with them. 2010 was supposed to be their 'catch-up ' year which didn't happen too well.

sergiurusu
11-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Leia has a banana head so i had to pass on her alas :sleeping:

Jayspawn
11-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Me too. I was really looking forward to this one also. The human busts have been a dissapontment as of late. They used to be pretty damn good.

sergiurusu
11-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Me too. I was really looking forward to this one also. The human busts have been a dissapontment as of late. They used to be pretty damn good.

They also made some errors on armored characters: Snowtrooper bust with small eyes and Stormtrooper statue and diorama with sad droopy helmets

Jayspawn
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Which is sad because their earlier Stormtrooper Dlx minibust is f'n awesome and flawless in likess.

sergiurusu
12-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Which is sad because their earlier Stormtrooper Dlx minibust is f'n awesome and flawless in likess.

Indeed, the GG Stormtrooper bust is the best in that scale beating any statue or figure in accuracy and details. The only nitpick could be the 2 microphones which are a bit too long but 99% of people won't notice that, but on the Stormie statue and Snowtrooper bust anyone notices the problems...