PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to army build Gamorrean Guards???

bkusna
10-04-2010, 12:26 AM
With 11 different assortments of wave 3 coming soon, it seems we will have no problem finding the pig....For all of those who display figures in dioramas, would you need more than, let's say, four or so guards??????? just wondering.....:bandit:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm planning on getting at least three - one to hold each of the weapons. I'll have to check the movie to see how many are in there and probably go from there.

DarkJedi5
10-04-2010, 02:11 AM
I was planning on four to start. I don't usually army build more than 3-4 but between a Jabba's palace set up and a Sail Barge/skiff display, I could probably use 4 easily.

bigbarada
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I know I want to get at least 3, but will probably end up with more than that depending on how easy they are to find. I'm going to try to cut myself off at 6 loose and 2 carded, but we'll see what happens. I think I ended up with 5 of the VTAC Bossk figures from 2007 (not including the 2 Saga Legends versions I bought this year) and I'm probably 10 times more excited about this Gamorrean Guard than I ever was for Bossk.

El Chuxter
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I will buy seven of them to eat. I like pork.

bigbarada
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm planning on getting at least three - one to hold each of the weapons. I'll have to check the movie to see how many are in there and probably go from there.

There are never more than 3 Gamorreans in the same place at the same time in the films.

2 at the front door to the Palace
2 in the dungeon with Threepio and Artoo
3 in Jabba's courtroom just before 1 of them falls into the Rancor pit
3 in Jabba's courtroom as Luke, Han and Chewie are sentenced to death
2 inside the Sail Barge just before the Skiff Battle
1 on the deck of the Sail Barge during the Skiff Battle

Snowtrooper
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I'll probably get around 5 loose and one carded. Its a great figure, but with limited space, I can't really justify getting more than that.

bkusna
10-04-2010, 12:17 PM
There are never more than 3 Gamorreans in the same place at the same time in the films.

2 at the front door to the Palace
2 in the dungeon with Threepio and Artoo
3 in Jabba's courtroom just before 1 of them falls into the Rancor pit
3 in Jabba's courtroom as Luke, Han and Chewie are sentenced to death
2 inside the Sail Barge just before the Skiff Battle
1 on the deck of the Sail Barge during the Skiff Battle

I'm going to get at least 4 more.....for the one's in the Rancor's belly....he had quite an appetite for porklol

bkusna
10-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I know I want to get at least 3, but will probably end up with more than that depending on how easy they are to find. I'm going to try to cut myself off at 6 loose and 2 carded, but we'll see what happens. I think I ended up with 5 of the VTAC Bossk figures from 2007 (not including the 2 Saga Legends versions I bought this year) and I'm probably 10 times more excited about this Gamorrean Guard than I ever was for Bossk.
I think once the initial wave hits, walmart and TRU will have pegs full of them...I went to TRU in Dallas this weekend and counted 22 sandtroopers and 18 magnaguards pegwarming.....

bigbarada
10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I think once the initial wave hits, walmart and TRU will have pegs full of them...I went to TRU in Dallas this weekend and counted 22 sandtroopers and 18 magnaguards pegwarming.....

Well, I think there should be a distinction between "available for purchase" and "pegwarming." Wave 2 was just released last month and wave 3 hasn't even started hitting stores yet. Thus I don't think any wave 2 figure qualifies for pegwarming status just yet. It seems to be one of those situations where Hasbro can't win. If figures sell out the instant they hit the pegs, then fans complain that Hasbro underestimated demand. If the figures take a few days or weeks to sell through, then they are labeled as pegwarmers and people start claiming that the line isn't selling and make doom-and-gloom predictions about the future of Star Wars merchandising.

So, in short, those Sandtroopers and Magnaguards aren't "pegwarming," they are just "available." If those exact same figures are still around in 2011, then maybe you can start to use the term "pegwarmer" to describe them.

Devo
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I've got 4 on order. I'm hoping to still be able to use my POTF2 ones, that they won't look too outdated in the same display as the new ones.

Maerj2000
10-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I only have one POTF Gamorrean Guard, so he'll be eaten by the Rancor and I'll need at least two for Jabba's Throne Room.

Jayspawn
10-05-2010, 11:18 AM
I'll probably get a few Gamys to open, but I have a few loose POTF ones already. So I'll just use them as background Gamys.

TheDarthVader
10-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I will be getting two. One to open and one to keep on the card.

DarkArtist
10-06-2010, 09:44 AM
I'd like 4 of them but will settle for 2....he looks way to awesome to pass and not try to army build.:thumbsup:

bkusna
10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I'd like 4 of them but will settle for 2....he looks way to awesome to pass and not try to army build.:thumbsup:
okay, let's say you get 10 to open and display as an "army"....Who would be the PIG leader???????......the toad from jabba's palace?????

Slicker
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm gonna go for 100 of them!!! But I'll probably fall short. :(

bigbarada
10-07-2010, 11:15 PM
okay, let's say you get 10 to open and display as an "army"....Who would be the PIG leader???????......the toad from jabba's palace?????

Klaatu, or Wooof, is going to be the Captain of the Guard for my Gamorrean "army." If you watch ROTJ, Klaatu is never too far away from the Gamorreans in Jabba's throne room. So I always imagined that he was actually in charge of security for Jabba's palace. Which makes sense, because would Jabba seriously leave the Gamorreans in charge of his security without adult supervision? :D

Qui-Long Gone
10-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I think bkusna's crazy Hoth diorama would be cool with 100 snowtrooppers verses 30 Gams (like a smaller version of 300 Spartans)!

**I'm getting 2 for certain...no more, no less (unless one is chopped in half by Obi Wan, then there would technically be only one)....

bkusna
10-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I think bkusna's crazy Hoth diorama would be cool with 100 snowtrooppers verses 30 Gams (like a smaller version of 300 Spartans)!

**I'm getting 2 for certain...no more, no less (unless one is chopped in half by Obi Wan, then there would technically be only one)....

Don't you tempt me.......:razz:

Jabbapalacespy
10-29-2010, 05:13 PM
I want at least 2 of them for my diorama. Maybe even three. I have 6 POTF Gamorrean guards and it depends on how well they blend in with the new ones whether or not I get more than 3. I have faced a similar problem in the past with the old verses new jawas.

Mister Roboto
11-12-2010, 11:07 AM

Do you like green eggs and ham?

I might buy a couple. I want to see how the figure looks in person first. I have a bad feeling about that furry diaper.

bkusna
11-12-2010, 11:36 AM

By the looks of that fur skirt, YOu will most definitely end up with a trichobezoar..I apologize for the nerdy Doctor-speak....google it lol

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd14/sergeant_ook/Toys/tvc_gamorrean04.jpg

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2010, 01:09 PM
You need to take GG out of the blister, 'cause his "shorts" look goofy. And the figure's heavy; not Ephont Mon-heavy.

bkusna
11-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Revision cases with 2 Gamys are hitting shelves now...Found one case at Wally world and 2 GG hanging...Once I reach my total for all my dioramas, I will kindly help anyone in need of pork. I know half the fun is finding them on the shelves, but depending where you live, collectors vs number of available retailers is limited. Good luck... I HEART Walmart :thumbsup:

Obsession is Nute
11-17-2010, 11:31 PM
I am going for four. One to hold the old fashioned axe, one to hold the newer lookin' axe and two to hold the Vibro-pikes like when they cross Luke in the entryway.

AmanaMatt
11-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I have 7, so my army has begun

bkusna
11-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I have 7, so my army has begun

Man, you have one more than me...here's a great heads up about the fur skirt being placed on sideways at the factory so we all have to twist it around 180 degrees to make it less furry in the front
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/elmeauxdotcom/sw/89f11804.jpg

DarkJedi5
11-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Man, you have one more than me...here's a great heads up about the fur skirt being placed on sideways at the factory so we all have to twist it around 180 degrees to make it less furry in the front
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/elmeauxdotcom/sw/89f11804.jpg

If it's sideways wouldn't we just need to rotate it 90˚? 180˚ would work only if the skirt were placed on backwards....

bkusna
11-18-2010, 11:49 AM
If it's sideways wouldn't we just need to rotate it 90˚? 180˚ would work only if the skirt were placed on backwards....

I've opened all 6 of mine and they all have varying degrees of twisting...it depends on which cross-eyed factory "tech" put yours on...:laugh:

Dark Marble
11-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I am going for four. One to hold the old fashioned axe, one to hold the newer lookin' axe and two to hold the Vibro-pikes like when they cross Luke in the entryway.

I am with you, this is my exact plan as well. I have 2 already so 2 to go!

DarkArtist
11-19-2010, 10:42 AM
have yet to see them at retail but I'm looking for about 6 now I think... 2 for the Force Pike to build the scene where the block entrance for Luke, 2 for a palace display shot, 1 for a possible Sail Barge set-up and 1 for a possible Rancor Cage set-up....

going to try and make a large Tatoonie display for Jabba's Palace and hopefully have multiple levels and try to build a hollowed ouot shell of a Sail Barge for a backdrop....

now if only I can find a Walmart Jabba in the wild I'd be set to start building this.... :thumbsup:

bkusna
11-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Let the PORK reign!!!!!!

El Chuxter
11-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I plan to buy one. I will open him, and then decide if I want more or not. Probably not, as I have three or four of the earlier ones. He may be superior, but does that warrant dropping money on new ones and having to store the old ones?

Besides, my leaving some on the pegs will hopefully allow some young kid who just saw Return of the Jedi and thought the "piggies" looked cool get a figure that will bring him or her hours of joy.

bkusna
11-19-2010, 11:31 AM
One of my walmarts only has two pegs devoted to vintage figures...so some genius stocker put 4 GamGuards on a whole peg taking up all the space, only to sprinkle the remaining two cases on the shelf and floor where they can get crushed...:cross-eye

bigbarada
11-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I want to buy several, but I would be happy to just find one at this point. :sad:

DarkJedi5
11-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Got my first and second yesterday. Halfway there!

Qui-Long Gone
11-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I would be happy to just find one at this point. :sad:

amen brother

bkusna
11-23-2010, 12:04 PM
2 GamGuards this am at Wally world....I found a case marked wave4.5v and noticed that they are NOW shipping the cards PUNCHED..so all those who scored them unpunched, hang on to em :thumbsup:

And BigB....your Gamy is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qui-Long Gone
11-24-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm certain they should be at our Wally before December....I scored several of the ESB Vintages for 6.50 and the racks are getting thinner...

I want pig with my turkey this weekend!

bigbarada
11-25-2010, 12:17 AM
And BigB....your Gamy is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent! The beginnings of my pig army. :)

Jabbapalacespy
11-26-2010, 09:25 AM
I changed my mind. I got three of them and the figure is absolutely awesome! :love: A very well made figure. Hard to believe they come with three weapons. I will get at least two more when I can find them.

Darth Awgmon
11-26-2010, 12:11 PM
noticed that they are NOW shipping the cards PUNCHED..so all those who scored them unpunched, hang on to em :thumbsup:

I am still finding cases with unpunched cards. Also, picked up my first two Gam Guards. This whole wave is awesome.

Qui-Long Gone
11-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Got a pig tonight....freaking great. Probably stop with 3 or 4...like my snowtroopers and biker scouts....

Jayspawn
11-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Still looking for the Gammy. Scarce around these parts.

bigbarada
11-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Big thanks to bkusna for sending me my second Gamorrean Guard figure! :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
11-27-2010, 11:10 PM
^If you had one more they could be Larry, Darrel and the other brother Darrel.

morpheus282
11-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Still looking for at least two more little piggies. Three would be great, but I'll take what I can get.

bkusna
12-07-2010, 08:45 PM
check this out....http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/news/images2010b/images.php?image=67

Qui-Long Gone
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
^That's a flock of Gams.

nohagent
12-08-2010, 07:13 PM
My eyes are playing tricks on me..............I read "who is going to marry gamorrean guards"

El Chuxter
12-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I would if it was legal.

Qui-Long Gone
12-08-2010, 09:32 PM
^I like big butts and I cannot lie....

bkusna
12-08-2010, 10:51 PM
....you other Rancors can't deny....:laugh:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Today, while being the good test proctor I am, and staring at my USA map on the wall in front of me, I think I realized why Oklahoma was having issues getting GGs in stock: the state is the same shape as a Gamorrean hand axe! They were just waiting until the chopping stopped, I guess.

bigbarada
12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm up to 3 loose Gamms, 1 carded and I have another carded one getting mailed out to me tomorrow.

Still not sure if I'm done yet. :)

Qui-Long Gone
12-16-2010, 08:39 PM
^You'll know when you are done....keep going!

Maerj2000
12-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I have 4 now, I think I am happy with that.

On a side note, did they ever make Jabba's Palace Door with the Door-knocker droid?

bigbarada
12-16-2010, 10:00 PM
^You'll know when you are done....keep going!

Yeah, I think that when I see one in the store and I have the money to buy it, but I don't buy it, that's when I will know that I am done.... at least until they rerelease him on a different card. :thumbsup:

I also haven't even taken advantage of the multiple accessories yet. It just pleases me to have these three guys carrying the same axe. Kind of like an elite military unit. But I still try to imagine that each one has a distinct personality. The guy in the center is the grizzled war veteran who has seen it all and isn't shocked by anything anymore. The guy to his right is his long time friend who might seem to lack confidence sometimes, but more than makes up for it in loyalty. The guy on his left is the young buck who's reckless and eager to prove himself.
:)

figrin bran
12-16-2010, 11:15 PM
I have 4 thus far. Not sure how many more I'll find but I guess I'll keep going.