PDA

View Full Version : TARGET star wars reset......

bkusna
10-06-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1286346476,22052,

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Interesting. I'm assuming that the Clone Wars two-packs are the Hostage Crisis ones, and that the collector packs are the four-packs that have the DVDs.

bkusna
10-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I can't wait for the Hoth Battle packs....I NEED more hoth rebels....BAD

darth maul rat
10-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Interesting. I'm assuming that the Clone Wars two-packs are the Hostage Crisis ones, and that the collector packs are the four-packs that have the DVDs.

Yeah, but wasn't Target supposed to get some 3 figure packs that were made up to look like the 3-pks that came out back in the 80's? The collector packs could be those as well. I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those just for nostalgia's sake.

-dmr

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah, but wasn't Target supposed to get some 3 figure packs that were made up to look like the 3-pks that came out back in the 80's? The collector packs could be those as well. I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those just for nostalgia's sake.

-dmr
Well, those "three-packs" are only coming boxed together - that is, a huge nine-pack that opens up to reveal three different three-packs. They're not being sold individually.

Darth Metalmute
10-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Well, those "three-packs" are only coming boxed together - that is, a huge nine-pack that opens up to reveal three different three-packs. They're not being sold individually.

It's a shame, but I think we will catch a break on the pricing. I heard it was 50 bucks? Whereas individually $7 X $9 is $63.

DarkArtist
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
looking forward to seeing a nice restock at Target...the ones by me have been dry for awhile now...

bkusna
10-07-2010, 10:23 PM
This was posted on another forum...."Good news fellow Star Wars *****starting this Sunday Target is having its first Star Wars holiday sale. For those who complain about Target’s prices on figures here is the relief on your wallet for one week only $ 5.00 for any Star Wars figure that includes vintage figures as well. I have included the photo of the new weekly ad that starts this Sunday. Check your local Target weekly ad for details this Sunday. "

***This is official..ALL STAR WARS figures $5 starting this sunday at TARGET!!!!!!includes vintage

bkusna
10-08-2010, 11:13 AM
$5 starwars figures starting this sunday...http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/IMAG00011.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2010, 03:17 PM
The image only shows Clone Wars figures and "choose from assorted Star Wars [etc.] figures." I'll definitely check it out, but I'm not betting on them reducing Vintage to $5. I already have everything from the first two waves and don't really care to army-build anything that's come out so far. Hopefully Saga Legends will be reduced as well, though.

Major Karr
10-09-2010, 07:18 PM
The sale does not include vintage - saga nd cw only.

bkusna
10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
The image only shows Clone Wars figures and "choose from assorted Star Wars [etc.] figures." I'll definitely check it out, but I'm not betting on them reducing Vintage to $5. I already have everything from the first two waves and don't really care to army-build anything that's come out so far. Hopefully Saga Legends will be reduced as well, though.

Here's the good news....Walmart will price match and all of my walmarts have at least 10-15 pegs full of saga/cw/ and vintage.....good hunting tomorrow a.m.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2010, 02:38 PM
I went to the nearby Target and got two Snowtroopers for $5 each. The only other figure I was interested in was a 501st Trooper, but his limbs were off-white. No sign of the new endcap, though I've read that another (sort of) in my area has gotten in some of the new stuff.

bkusna
10-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I went to the nearby Target and got two Snowtroopers for $5 each. The only other figure I was interested in was a 501st Trooper, but his limbs were off-white. No sign of the new endcap, though I've read that another (sort of) in my area has gotten in some of the new stuff.
I was able to pricematch vintage figures at Walmart this morning...Called Target and they won't release the new endcap until the 17th....

TheDarthVader
10-10-2010, 05:07 PM
This is the 17th. ??? I went to target hoping to find this endcap but noooooo. No endcap. And no snowtroopers like I wanted either. It was a bust for me.

bkusna
10-10-2010, 05:13 PM
This is the 17th. ??? I went to target hoping to find this endcap but noooooo. No endcap. And no snowtroopers like I wanted either. It was a bust for me.

YES 10/17....the toy manager said they had 12 cases but will not put any out until then....I'm going in tonight to chat with the college kids that work at night to go back and bring out the goods..

Maerj2000
10-10-2010, 05:18 PM
No endcap at mine either. Got 4 Iron Man 2 figs and used the $5 off coupon so I got them for $15, which was a pretty good deal. I didn't get a coupon, just a congratulations to the Target race car driver for winning. Kinda odd. :cross-eye

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Umm . . . today is October 10 . . . maybe you should have bought a calendar while you were there. :p

bkusna
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Umm . . . today is October 10 . . . maybe you should have bought a calendar while you were there. :p
Reports all over the country that on 10/10/10 ...today, people will lose their minds

bkusna
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
No endcap at mine either. Got 4 Iron Man 2 figs and used the $5 off coupon so I got them for $15, which was a pretty good deal. I didn't get a coupon, just a congratulations to the Target race car driver for winning. Kinda odd. :cross-eye
well, they told me on the phone this morning firm 10/17, so when I came there tonight a young college student went to the stock room and brought out 2 defense and 2 battle of hoth sets for me...I guess patience does pay off...:thumbsup::love:

TheDarthVader
10-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Oh...dang it!! I knew something was happening at target today...it was the $5.00 figure sale, not the endcap. Sorry about that. <hits hand to forehead>

So.......does anyone have the dcpi code for the at st battle pack? it is the only one i am intersted in purchasing as i army build snowtroopers and need an at st for my diorama. Thanks!

TDV

DarkJedi5
10-11-2010, 01:16 AM
So.......does anyone have the dcpi code for the at st battle pack? it is the only one i am intersted in purchasing as i army build snowtroopers and need an at st for my diorama. Thanks!

TDV

The code for that one is 087-06-2249. However, that is the code for both of the Hoth sets so you'll know if they have them but not exactly which set of the two it is if you have them just pull one from the back.

bkusna
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM
2 for 2 at Targets using the DPCI numbers...was able to score some more Hoth sets...MOST Target employees will be willing to go to the stock room and have these sent out to you....just ask nicely.....:thumbsup:

bkusna
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
The code for that one is 087-06-2249. However, that is the code for both of the Hoth sets so you'll know if they have them but not exactly which set of the two it is if you have them just pull one from the back.
If Targets across the country get their endcaps up this weekend, what does that leave for the rest of 2010 as far as figures go?????? WAVE 3 and nothing else until 2011?????

DarkJedi5
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
There are still some battle packs people are looking for as well as some new vehicles which are supposed to be rolling out soon. I live pretty far from a Walmart and the TRUs around me aren't that great so Target is generally my primary place of purchase. Here's hoping they get the other merch in before the end of the year.

Mvader91
10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
:love:Like bkusna said"be nice"! I simply asked and the guy went and grabbed me an unopened case! Two very nice sets. Now to try and replicate bkusna's assault on hoth! lol

bkusna
10-11-2010, 09:27 PM
:love:Like bkusna said"be nice"! I simply asked and the guy went and grabbed me an unopened case! Two very nice sets. Now to try and replicate bkusna's assault on hoth! lol

Well, you better get a move on!!!! heehee....I did cheat by buying 50 or so TVC snowtroopers loose for $2 a piece...But you're right, I was very kind and pleasantly asked the employees to do an inventory check and they said..."oh yeah, we have some in the back, let me go get them for you" (then I do a silent ewok celebration dance :lipsrsealed:)

TheDarthVader
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I was able to get the Attack on Hoth pack today!! A nice set for the price, and I had a $5 coupon that had printed for me previously at target, so I was able to get the set for $34.99 plus tax. Now...does anyone have the dcpi for the tie fighter and snowspeeder?? :) It is time for me to acquire those too! :yes:

bkusna
10-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I was able to get the Attack on Hoth pack today!! A nice set for the price, and I had a $5 coupon that had printed for me previously at target, so I was able to get the set for $34.99 plus tax. Now...does anyone have the dcpi for the tie fighter and snowspeeder?? :) It is time for me to acquire those too! :yes:
here they arehttp://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1286346476,22052,

TheDarthVader
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
You are most useful. Thanks again pal!

bkusna
10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
You are most useful. Thanks again pal!
Collecting is SO MUCH FUN in this digital age....I remember when the only way you found new stuff....was, well, when you found new stuff:laugh:

didn't mean to sound like a grandpa....I was 5 when I sat in the theater with my dad and watched STAR WARS 3x in a row....yeah, you could do that back then and it was legal

TheDarthVader
10-13-2010, 09:30 AM
So I went to see about the tie and snowspeeder. I talked with a manager in the end who told me that the policy was that he can not go to the back and pull out collectibles. He tells me this right after someone was able to pull one attack on hoth set for me. ????? He tells me that I probably just "caught someone new", but that he would not do it for me. The target scan pad thingy showed the tie and snowspeeder in stock. Oh well. I guess I must wait. This city sometimes really sux in situations like these. I bet if I were a beautiful woman this "Mike" guy would have pulled it from the stock room for me. :rolleyes:

bkusna
10-13-2010, 04:14 PM
3 out of 4 Targets had their endcaps up today....scored the geo sets, vintage snowspeeders x2, and hoth battle packs.....

bigbarada
10-15-2010, 08:29 AM
So I went to see about the tie and snowspeeder. I talked with a manager in the end who told me that the policy was that he can not go to the back and pull out collectibles. He tells me this right after someone was able to pull one attack on hoth set for me. ????? He tells me that I probably just "caught someone new", but that he would not do it for me. The target scan pad thingy showed the tie and snowspeeder in stock. Oh well. I guess I must wait. This city sometimes really sux in situations like these. I bet if I were a beautiful woman this "Mike" guy would have pulled it from the stock room for me. :rolleyes:

Many employees only say that sort of thing because they just don't feel like walking to the back of the store to look. Your best bet in this situation would be to ask to speak to a manager; don't just take one employee's word for it.

nohagent
10-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Dont feel bad. None of my 5 targets have the reset nor does anyone go to the back, not even for my friend and she is burning hot!!

Neuroleptic
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Target in Manhattan Kansas has put up its endcap displays, so I was able to pick up the R2-D2/C-3PO two pack. As luck would have it, it was the last set left on the shelf. R2 is preaty nice. He's probably my favorite version I have of him mostly because of the doors that open. Too bad they couldn't work the sensor scope into him like they did on the clone wars version though. I'm kinda suprised that this rarely happens. I think this is the first time I can remember seeing the two of them come together before.

However, there end cap display had only 2nd and 1st wave figures for the vintage collection. Still havn't seen the 3rd wave (which as far as I'm concerned is THE wave).

JediTricks
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Found the Geonosis Arena 2packs yesterday and picked up 3PO and R2, the only set I wanted as I'm not into that scene, but a better-articulated Battle Droid 3PO and a new R2 body are good things.

This whole 2nd wave is apparently going to be pretty low in number, so get while the getting is possible - I didn't want to spend another $13 after buying 2 Saga Legends figures at WM for $3.50 (they were on clearance for no reason) and 2 Fire Troopers for $5 each, but I couldn't say no to a new R2 and semi-new 3PO (the limbs are from 4-LOM).

R2 has a clear radar eye, which is odd, but at least it's not blue. The new body has fairly crisp sculpting and a new smaller door that opens on the left with a prequel cutting arm and details inside the body. The back has a new winch and more detail inside. The dome is just silver paint, not mind-blowing or super shiny or anything.

3PO has a pretty decent paint job, dull metallic AOTC with lots of black weathering dry-brush, some red bits, 1 gray bit, very gold eyes. The head has a great sculpt that I think is borrowed from the BAD version. The figure is a little taller than the BAD though and has the wider shoulders from 4-LOM, but he can move nicely. The head is on a ball-joint (though it can only rotate) and pops out to pop in a nicely-sculpted Battle Droid head, but that head has somewhat big eyes and no weathering at all (yes, it came out of the factory, but somehow they always have wear).

Neuroleptic
10-15-2010, 04:51 PM
R2 has a clear radar eye, which is odd, but at least it's not blue. The new body has fairly crisp sculpting and a new smaller door that opens on the left with a prequel cutting arm and details inside the body. The back has a new winch and more detail inside.

R2 is mainly the reason I got this set, but I concidered the 3PO a bonus. I thought it was strange that he comes with a clear eye too, but for some reason I think it works. Looks almost like there's a reflection in it or something.

sebillba
10-17-2010, 07:30 AM
With regards to the Hoth sets, I'm mainly interested in getting the beardless Rebel Trooper and the AT-ST Driver. I'd be happy to pay $15 for each of these (plus shipping), so if anyone is interested in splitting the sets with me, please drop me a PM. I realise these are the most desirable figures, but there maybe someone who would like an AT-ST and a couple of snowtroopers for $25, or some extra Rebel stuff for the same?

nohagent
10-17-2010, 12:41 PM
went to target last night. reset was up and this guy had the last seven hoth sets in his cart plus a bunch of geo arena stuff my 7 year old son wanted one of the hoth turret set and the mexican guy said "better luck next time"

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbarada
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM
the mexican guy said "better luck next time"

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet this would have never happened in Arizona. :D

Blue2th
10-17-2010, 03:30 PM
....hope he chokes on them huh. :greedy:

Visited 5 out of 6 Targets in my area today. None had done the reset.

Target a suck sometime. :ermm:

bkusna
10-17-2010, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=Blue2th;737656]....hope he chokes on them huh. :greedy:

Visited 5 out of 6 Targets in my area today. None had done the reset.

Good news is that my target's toy manager said that the sunday nite crew normally does the reset so tomorrow morning at 8 am will be glorious....5 out of 6 targets here has done the reset...there's only one remaining

Darth Metalmute
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
They had a small reset, but no spot for the Hoth sets. I did however, see this tag. Anyone know what it refers to?

DarkJedi5
10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
They had a small reset, but no spot for the Hoth sets. I did however, see this tag. Anyone know what it refers to?

I believe that is the GH AT-AT.

dr_evazan22
10-17-2010, 11:19 PM
This month Target FINALLY opened a store closer to where I live. I stopped in this afternoon; they didn't seem to have any TVC past wave 1. I saw 1 Hoth UBP but didn't pick it up bc it doesn't come with a turret. That ATST still looks amazing. Also saw a LEGO Cad bane speeder, not sure if that was exclusive or not.

jonthejedi
10-18-2010, 03:48 AM
2 local Targets...same deal, no endcap. Had to have elect. dude pull 4-pks. & 2 pk.(Senate guard) using DPCI #'s.

bkusna
10-18-2010, 10:47 AM
2 local Targets...same deal, no endcap. Had to have elect. dude pull 4-pks. & 2 pk.(Senate guard) using DPCI #'s.

Finally, ALL 6 Targets here have their endcaps up.....I think I got everything.....WAVE 3 can arrive now!!!!please!!!!!!

nohagent
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Is the AT-ST in the Hoth pack the same as the Walmart version or is it the older smaller version?

JediTricks
10-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Is the AT-ST in the Hoth pack the same as the Walmart version or is it the older smaller version?
It's the new AT-ST in slightly different colors. It's not sporting the ESB AT-ST's squad logo on the side though, as far as I know.

El Chuxter
10-18-2010, 06:11 PM
That Rebel set is awfully tempting. Still, it's forty bucks. No interest at all in the Imperial set; that new driver looks downright stupid.

The new Geonosis sets look astoundingly subpar. I wanted the goatee Jedi and was thinking of the Rodian. But then I saw them. Ten bucks these are not worth.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2010, 10:24 PM
That Rebel set is awfully tempting. Still, it's forty bucks. No interest at all in the Imperial set; that new driver looks downright stupid.

The new Geonosis sets look astoundingly subpar. I wanted the goatee Jedi and was thinking of the Rodian. But then I saw them. Ten bucks these are not worth.
What's wrong with the AT-ST Driver or Geonosis sets?

El Chuxter
10-18-2010, 10:44 PM
The AT-ST Driver, I dunno, I didn't care at all for the GIJoe-styled webgear. He didn't look Star Warsy to me. Not the design, just the execution. And, well, I just don't need another guy to sit in a cockpit and not be seen.

The Geonosis sets all had really, really bad paint, and most of them had headsculpts that I don't think would've passed muster a decade ago. Anakin was especially bad. Maybe if the new guys (or new guy and Rodian resculpt) are still around when these hit half price, I'll pick them up.

bigbarada
10-19-2010, 12:25 AM
The AT-ST Driver, I dunno, I didn't care at all for the GIJoe-styled webgear. He didn't look Star Warsy to me. Not the design, just the execution. And, well, I just don't need another guy to sit in a cockpit and not be seen.

The Geonosis sets all had really, really bad paint, and most of them had headsculpts that I don't think would've passed muster a decade ago. Anakin was especially bad. Maybe if the new guys (or new guy and Rodian resculpt) are still around when these hit half price, I'll pick them up.

I think the "webgear" is actually the harness that the actors wore while in the AT-ST cockpit. It's in the movie, but can only be seen while the AT-ST Drivers are actually operating the AT-ST. I haven't seen any of the new Target sets yet, but I'm pretty sure the harness on the figure is removable.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
I saw and was tempted with four of these last night: TIE, Snowspeeder, Rebel and Imperial Hoths. But like El Chuxter, I passed due to cost. But in the checkout aisle behind me: dude getting a TIE Fighter and the Hoth turrets.

elvandrik
10-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I know the TIE cockpit is the newer detailed version, but I have no idea why anyone would buy the short-wing version. You know Hasbro is going to release a gray (long-wing) version again eventually.

I have considered buying the short-wing version just for the cockpit and then just swapping the wings out for the bigger version. I worry that the paint jobs won't match though.

I wish they'd ditch the pop-off wings features. The wings never stay parallel, especially if you want to display it in the air. I did some trickery with fishing wire to get mine parallel.

elvandrik
10-24-2010, 10:45 PM
I think the "webgear" is actually the harness that the actors wore while in the AT-ST cockpit. It's in the movie, but can only be seen while the AT-ST Drivers are actually operating the AT-ST. I haven't seen any of the new Target sets yet, but I'm pretty sure the harness on the figure is removable.

Yeah, it is removable. The figure looks alot better without it I think. Although, it has the same problem with the goggles and helmet as the Vintage AT-AT commander has; they dont fit right over the helmet or beneath it, so you just have to display him without the goggles accessory.

elvandrik
10-24-2010, 10:49 PM

You're right that the Geonosis sets arent that impressive (especially the horrible Super Battle Droid), but the R2 and 3PO set is well worth it. The AOTC C3PO in that set is the best version of that figure yet. The metallic paint job is nice and the detals on the fig are pretty good too. Well worth the $$$.

jonthejedi
10-25-2010, 04:03 AM
I passed on everything but the turret Hoth set & the CW Senate Commando 2-pack. Sick of giving Hasbro more $$$ for repacks & repaints. Alot of the characters in the BP's will end up carded anyway.

Blue2th
10-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about some of the Clone Wars battlepack characters being re-issued on cards.
Hasbro has yet to even re-issue quite a few CW carded figures.

I got the Senate Commando 2pk and the Bounty Hunters BP yesterday.