PDA

View Full Version : $5.00 off Star Wars coupons at Target cash register

borisfan84
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
When you check out at Target currently, the coupon machine has been giving out $5.00 off a purchase of $30.00 or more in Star Wars toys. Last night, we had an employee pull the new Hoth packs and vintage vehicles from the back. We used the $5.00 off on the Defense of Hoth BattlePack which was $43.18 after tax; making this item now $38.13, what a deal. After opening the vintage snowspeeder, we realized that at $24.99, this is the one to get over the standard packigning. The instructions packaged with this piece are also in vintage style like the box.

The BattlePacks, especially the Defense of Hoth, are so worth the price. You get the AT-ST that Walmart had last year, but also get a newly sculpted AT-ST driver, 2 snowtroopers, and the E-Web cannon for less than what the Walmart AT-ST cost last year. target has done a great job this year.

jamesbondo07
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
My wife got one of those coupons this week. I hope I get a few more. :)

nohagent
10-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Borisfan,

I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling of disgust for you. Having employees pull items from the back? Thats what SCALPERS do!!!!. I hope you are not a scalper and if I am wrong then apologies to you. However I have gone so many times to the store and see people do this and fill up their carts and run for ebay.

Thanks for the $5.00 heads up though

borisfan84
10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
nohagent (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/member.php?u=2239), you need to watch out who you call out on scalping toys. First of all, I am not the only one with the Target DCP stock number on this forum, or even on any other website. There have been numerous people on here who have also done this; I suggest that you look at the post entitled Target Store Re-Set and use the numbers that were provided there if you are having an issue gtting what you need. Second, I have never even spoken to you and it is comments liek your from people who troll message forums that really ruin the experience of collecting and discussion.

Also, since my post menteined that the snowspeeder was opened, I don't think someone wouldl be putting an opened item on E-Bay as opposed to puting this on sealed since there is nothing different about the vehicle from the standard release (the value is in the package). The point of this post was to inform people of the $5.00 coupon; not to let people know how much stuff someone can get out of the back of the stock room.

bkusna
10-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Boris....you are solid.....

Maerj2000
10-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I am wondering... do you need to buy something SW first to get the coupon then go bacl later and use it or can you use it with the purchase you are making? Do you know what I mean?

Like if I go get one of the Hoth Battle Packs an they scan it and a coupon comes out, can I use it on that battle pack that I am purchasing?

DarkJedi5
10-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I bought two Hoth sets today and no one offered me a coupon, are you sure they're handing these out at the register?

borisfan84
10-08-2010, 05:26 PM
The coupon itself does not print due to a Star Wars purchase. We bought something else earlier in the week and the coupon just showed up when our receipt was printed. So we held onto it until we found something for $30.00 or more.

DarkJedi5
10-08-2010, 05:27 PM
The coupon itself does not print due to a Star Wars purchase. We bought something else earlier in the week and the coupon just showed up when our receipt was printed. So we held onto it until we found something for $30.00 or more.

Interesting... I don't think I've ever been given a coupon at Target. I know I get them like that at the grocery store all the time but never at a Target....

Maerj2000
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try! :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
10-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I purchased four star wars figures earlier in the week and received one of these coupons.

bkusna
10-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I bought fake snow and got a $5 coupon today.....so since I was there and got the coupon I went ahead and asked the nice lady at customer service to search the DPCI for the hoth packs and she kindly had a young man bring a case right to customer service.....3 for 3 at 3 different Targets:thumbsup:

Maerj2000
10-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I think Oklahoma is going to be sold out of these things before October 17th!

bkusna
10-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I think Oklahoma is going to be sold out of these things before October 17th!
Target has a pretty cool inventory system...when they did a product lookup at customer service she gave me the printout of all available cases...within the 6 targets within a 15 mile radius the system showed a total of 25 cases....They are just all waiting til 10/17 to put em out minus the bizzillion ones i got :thumbsup: