PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Building Halloween Costumes?

nohagent
10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Ive been building my kid his Republic Commando Costume for a month now. Doing is fiberglass and bondo style. What a nightmare. I was hoping to make my own Sith Stalker/Starkiller outfit but I believe time is gonna kill that Idea so I may just wear my Stormtrooper or Biker Scout outfit..............again.

Anyone out there have plans for costumes?

Neuroleptic
10-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Yup. Holloween Scarecrow. I get a few days worth of newspapers, cheap clothing that's a touch to big for me, and a holloween mask (usualy a skull), with a 1940's fedora. Then I make myself appear to be one of those stupid lawn chair scarecrows people put out every year around holloween and wait for people to come up to the door. Then I move slightly. Just enough to get there attention. When they stop to look, I shift position. That's it.

Every time I'v done this, we've spent weeks picking up candy and parts of holloween costumes out of the yard.

To keep it unpredictable, I usualy change locations every year in the neghborhood, so now people are leary of going up to ANY houses in town with scarecrows on the porch. This year I'll actualy be at home :P

Ando
10-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Every time I'v done this, we've spent weeks picking up candy and parts of holloween costumes out of the yard.

To keep it unpredictable, I usualy change locations every year in the neghborhood, so now people are leary of going up to ANY houses in town with scarecrows on the porch. This year I'll actualy be at home :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious!

Nohagent, I wanna see pics of that Republic Commando armor when you're done... Those guys are my favorite and my brother in law and I plan to build our own armor someday when I have the space to work on it.

nohagent
10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Will do. I forwarn you, its not perfect. Perfection went out the window about the 100th time i yelled *($&()@^($&*@^&*%@*(@!!!!!!!!!!!

But it will have to do. Right now I'm airing out my brain, wearing a mask but fumes still getting to me.

Ando
10-19-2010, 06:26 PM
I would still love to see it and offer encouragement. That RC armor is my favorite.

nohagent
10-29-2010, 02:10 PM
First time using fiberglass and bondo. Next one I plan will be closer to official cannon but I had little time and he has a cast on his left arm.

However, he loves it..

Ando
10-29-2010, 02:39 PM
First time using fiberglass and bondo. Next one I plan will be closer to official cannon but I had little time and he has a cast on his left arm.

However, he loves it..

Hey man, that looks freaking AWESOME! That's supposed to be Sev from Delta Squad, right?

nohagent
10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Thats right its Sev. Thanks for the positive review...I needed that

Ando
10-29-2010, 04:06 PM
You're welcome, I am pretty impressed since I would probably not do as well on my first try.