PDA

View Full Version : Bo-Shek wave @ TOYZZ.com for 4.99 ea + 5% off I wonder?

Turbowars
03-02-2002, 04:26 PM
Did anyone order the Bo-Shek wave from Toyzz.com for 4.99 ea + a 5% discount? Toyzz.com claims they sold out. I'm wondering if they even had any! I'm curious because 4.99 less dicount seems way to low to sell new figures when others are selling for $20+ each.

Dryanta
03-02-2002, 04:30 PM
I tried to,with no luck.I wondered the same thing.Was it a ploy to get buyers over there?

fourtwo
03-02-2002, 04:34 PM
i looked at the site cause of that, they said 1500 of em were gone in 10 hours.
hmmm.

whatever though, i didn't care for there selection of star wars stuff anyways.

Turbowars
03-02-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
I tried to,with no luck.I wondered the same thing.Was it a ploy to get buyers over there? See, that's what I was thinking, a total PLOY

Lman316
03-02-2002, 05:24 PM
I did an order for them once I read the story on the main page, and mine went through. They probably just sold out of them, because that's actually a decent price to pay. And you don't have to wait for them to come out and try to hunt them down, so I bet as people saw them on there, they ordered.
It was limited to one set per person, so there must have been a massive amount of people ordering those. If it's only a ploy, I'm going to be pretty POed when they take the money from my card and don't send any figures.

Lord Tenebrous
03-02-2002, 05:40 PM
In the tradition of warez, appz, and serialz, I can never bring myself to trust any institution that replaces an 'S' with a 'Z'.

Turbowars
03-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Lman316 is right when he says "decent price", but with the extra discount it's under retail. I guess that makes up for the shipping. I have never bought anything from TOYZZ.com and I only question the sales due to the low cost. Lman316, keep us posted on your purchase.

LTBasker
03-02-2002, 05:58 PM
I've nevered ordered from them but I'm subscribed to their mailing list just for the heck of it, I once got an e-mail from them stating that they had a bunch of new POTJ figures for $4.99 each but everywhere I saw'em on their site the newest figures were $5.99.

IMO they've got some ridiculous prices on some things and I hate when I try to go to a SW section but then they don't have anything in it, and that's quite a few SW sections.

Turbowars
03-02-2002, 06:02 PM
From what Has been posted, it sounds like somethings fishy! :confused:

SirSteve
03-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Please let me know if anyone ordered from them and how it went as I am unfamiliar with that company.

kbarnette
03-02-2002, 09:39 PM
I think it strange when the wholesale cost from Hasbro is $4.99 per figure. Then with the discount, they are selling the latest wave for below their cost - unlikely. A lot of companies will have a loss leader, sell something at or below cost to bring in customers. But no one in their right mind would sell the latest and hotest Star Wars figures, and 1500 of them at that, below cost, just to bring in customers to buy --- Simpsons and whatever else they have.

cjranck
03-02-2002, 10:56 PM
Well I did order from them, and I received an email receipt for my purchase. I have NEVER ordered anything online before because I always "love the thrill of the chase". However, due to the recent ramblings of this wave being very hard to find, I decided to give it a try. I will certainly keep you posted if I receive my order in the next week.

jediwolf
03-03-2002, 12:00 AM
I order from them to, and I received a e-mail of the purchase and said they mail it and 48 hrs. so I will get them this week sometime

Sith Vicious
03-03-2002, 11:44 AM
My order went through also. They obviously had the figures at some point. I don't know if they had as many as they claimed, but I don't think it was a scam. I've seen other companies use similar deals to attract new customers ($10 off your first order, etc.)

TheBigSloppy
03-03-2002, 02:49 PM
All this ranting about how this smells fishy bothers me. . . .

For I have purchased many items, from Star Wars to Simpsons, from TOYZZ.com. And I have been 110% satisfied.

I guess you all are skeptical because their reputation for excellent customer service and generous prices is too good to be true. I guess we all have been raked through the coals one too many times - BUT not by these guys. It is not their intent.

Trust me. THEY ARE TOP NOTCH. Responsive. Courteous. Affordable.

In the day and age of Brian's Toys, we assume that every Star Wars dealer cares more about profit margins than consumer satisfaction.

IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
'Where else but Toyzz.com can you find insane deals like this one and receive superior customer service on each and every order? Bookmark our site and never ever visit another overpriced and understaffed "collectible" site again! They will only disappoint you once your have received the royal treatment from Toyzz.com! We are here to service all of your needs! You have found toy heaven!'

I am a believer and I will continue to buy the latest toys from them. And if you still think they are phony? FINE. That means there will be more of a selection for us believers. . .

FINALLY
Perhaps no one has noticed that TOYZZ.com is located in Roxbury, Mass. Massachusetts borders Rhode Island. I don't want to continue this geography lesson, but I would like to toss out the idea that it is possible they have a contact at Hasbro (in Pawtucket, RI)?

Dryanta
03-03-2002, 03:56 PM
I appreciate the info Sloppy.I guess we are over cautious at times.
Again I do thank you for your input and I will also wait and see if there are more testimonials like yours before I make a final decision on the matter.I still think it's a little suspicious but There may be no grounds for it.

Turbowars
03-03-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
All this ranting about how this smells fishy bothers me. . . .

For I have purchased many items, from Star Wars to Simpsons, from TOYZZ.com. And I have been 110% satisfied.

I guess you all are skeptical because their reputation for excellent customer service and generous prices is too good to be true. I guess we all have been raked through the coals one too many times - BUT not by these guys. It is not their intent.

Trust me. THEY ARE TOP NOTCH. Responsive. Courteous. Affordable.

In the day and age of Brian's Toys, we assume that every Star Wars dealer cares more about profit margins than consumer satisfaction.

IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
'Where else but Toyzz.com can you find insane deals like this one and receive superior customer service on each and every order? Bookmark our site and never ever visit another overpriced and understaffed "collectible" site again! They will only disappoint you once your have received the royal treatment from Toyzz.com! We are here to service all of your needs! You have found toy heaven!'

I am a believer and I will continue to buy the latest toys from them. And if you still think they are phony? FINE. That means there will be more of a selection for us believers. . .

FINALLY
Perhaps no one has noticed that TOYZZ.com is located in Roxbury, Mass. Massachusetts borders Rhode Island. I don't want to continue this geography lesson, but I would like to toss out the idea that it is possible they have a contact at Hasbro (in Pawtucket, RI)? I'm sorry that it bothers you that people are looking out for themselves Mr BigSloppy. So far no one has posted that they received anything from them. Good point about their location and they probably do have some sort of connection. No need to get upset. The whole issue is that other online stores are selling them for 20+ ea or as a set for 30+. Toyzz.com is probably a fine on-line store ,but no one has shown any proof. If they weren't sold out, I would certainly buy a set from them.

TheBigSloppy
03-04-2002, 09:35 AM
But how much proof do you want? I have been buying mostly from them since last year - with the exception of a handful of eBay and starshow.com purchases.

If you sign up to be a 'member', they send you emails once they receive the latest figures, especially Star Wars. I bought the FX-7 wave twice when I received separate emails showcasing their arrival. I received them within days of ordering - two and three days, respectively, if I remember correctly.

I also paid $49.99 for the Toyfare exclusive Comic Book Guy. At the time they were selling for $75+ on eBay. This arrived within three days.

Also ordered the 25th Anniversary sets.

I am also forgetting to mention that TOYZZ.com likes to throw in FREE things with your purchase. I received a free Adi Gallia and an Ody Mandrell on two separate occasions. They have no reason to be this generous - but they are. I get the impression that these people are collectors themselves and just enjoy sharing the fun with others while making a buck here and there.

I am truly sorry that some of you missed out on their unbelievable offer, but this alone is no reason to bash a store. If you still have questions about their legitimacy, I suggest all of you email Monica Rueda, Vice President of Toyzz.com. Go to their site and find the 'contact us' link.

For now I will sit back and wait for the Bo Shek wave to arrive!

Lman316
03-07-2002, 12:22 PM
I received my order from Toyzz.com today (Thursday, March 7th). I ordered them on Saturday, so, taking that day to possibly process the order and seeing how nothing ships on Sunday, it took about four days for me to get these figures. Not bad.
Now, I actually would have liked a little better packaging. There was just a piece of packing paper on the top to keep them from moving, but I have seen better. The cards, however, came in really decent shape, except for a very tiny tear on the Teebo card. It doesn't matter to me though, because in a little bit, I'll be opening these figures anyway. But I figured I should tell everyone what it's like.
But all in all, this wasn't a bad experience, and I would probably buy from them again. They even gave me a coupon for a free toy if/when I order again.

Sith Vicious
03-07-2002, 05:01 PM
My experience was pretty much the same as Lman's. I probably wouldn't recommend them if you are a fanatic about card condition, but if you just want a set to open, it's a pretty good deal.

Lman316
03-10-2002, 09:45 AM
Just to let everyone know, Toyzz.com is offering the Bo Shek wave again for $4.99, but this time it's a pre-order.
It says they'll be shipping out next week.

Unit-01
03-10-2002, 12:44 PM
How much was shipping?

Lman316
03-10-2002, 12:46 PM
Shipping comes to $7.70, I think. But if you enter that code they give you, they take 99 cents off the total. It's not a whole lot, but 99 cents, is 99 cents.

iguanabytes
03-10-2002, 02:06 PM
my experience with toyzz.com was with the action fleet series alpha naboo fighter, and I found them to be prompt and courteous. the only issue I have with them is the same issue I have with a lot of the online sites...the only take credit cards, and make no provision for money orders

Dryanta
03-10-2002, 02:36 PM
I just pre ordered the wave from them today.
The low price makes alot more sense to me now figuring in the $4.99 for the Blown apart battle droid.Weren't these things free?
So figure the difference between free and $4.99 and add it to the cost of the other three figures and it all works out.
I guess it's still a ploy but of a different and better kind.Once I have recieved the figs. I'll post again.

Turbowars
03-10-2002, 05:36 PM
OK, this is the Bull$hit that I was asking about! Toyzz.com is selling the figures for 4.99 ea, BUT you have to buy four as a four pack, not the three that we want. They make you buy a fourth and the fourth figure(break apart battle droid in a bag) is a piece of crap and not worth the dirt on the bottom of your shoe! With shipping being overcharged @ $7+ it's not any different than retail. I think it's more. I knew it was too good to be true, and with the above posts stating that they don't pack very well, whats the point. If you open your figures Guess it's not a big deal. If I'm paying $7.70 for shipping my figures better come MOMC. The whole thing was just to get people over to their site, which is fine, but it's not cool to mislead customers. Oh one last thing, at least other online stores are upfront. Now we know why they are not a sponsor for SirSteves!

Dryanta
03-10-2002, 05:45 PM
I hear ya Turbowars.I too think shipping was a little heavy.
I want the figures and thought I'd give them a try just to be fair about forming a final opinion.
That's the deal,it is a four pack.the profit "loss" is made up for them in the sale of the Battle droid.I'll still let you know about condition once I recieve them

SithDroid
03-10-2002, 06:14 PM
I agree. Iw as all excited to go over there and purchase the three for $15.00, but when I saw I had to buy the extra battle droid I though to myslef, rip off. A ploy only to sell mrechandise that hasn't been selling really well. The shipping is way overpriced and fankly not worth it. I'll wait and find my figures around town.

Unit-01
03-11-2002, 06:10 PM
All I have to say is I have a REALLY HARD time finding new figures. Since I can't go to a bunch of different stores. Around Christmas I finally found the EW wave and that's the newest I have. And since this is the cheapest I've seen these figures (even with the shipping and that POS BD) on the net, I jumped. better than 30+. I want that damn Imperial Officer and Rebel Trooper! But with the variation heads coming out for them some time I'll hopefully have better luck. Plus with AOTC, it will feel good actually getting some figures.

TheBigSloppy
03-11-2002, 10:44 PM
All four figs average $4.99; $6.65 if you think the Battle Droid doesn't count. Beat that. More importantly, go waste your time trying to find these in retail stores. Drive around; fill the tank; drive around some more. How much time and money do you think you will realistically spend before you find these on the pegs?

And if you feel you're being ripped off so much, go buy them from another website. Let's check how much Sir Steve's advertisers are offering these for:

Brians Toys: $14.99 ea
SUBTOTAL: $44.97
SHIPPING: $6.00
TOTAL: $50.97

Amok Time: $12.99 ea
SUBTOTAL: $38.97
SHIPPING: $5.13
TOTAL: $44.10

Yestertoys: $8.00 ea
SUBTOTAL: $24.00
SHIPPING: $5.80
TOTAL: 29.80

Kebco Toys: NOT AVAILABLE

JamsToys: NOT AVAILABLE

AND HOW ABOUT EBAY?
Recently completed auctions have averaged between $28 and $40 dollars, not including shipping. Do a search if you don't believe me.

Why must we all whine? These numbers don't lie. . .they are still the cheapest around.
TOYZZ.com: $6.65 ea
SUBTOTAL: $19.95
MINUS 5% DISCOUNT: $18.95
SHIPPING: $7.70
TOTAL: $26.65

Turbowars
03-11-2002, 10:55 PM
That's fine and dandy Mr Sloppy, but the reports state that their packing isn't worth Crap. That probably doesn't matter to you, but it does to me. My point is that their misleading. They lead you to think that you can walk away with three new figures for under $5 each. BTW Mr Sloppy do you work for ToyZZ.com, I mean you seem very worried that they might lose some buisness:) :crazed:

TheBigSloppy
03-11-2002, 11:23 PM
I don't know about you, but I am a proponent of cheap prices. Sure, I want the carded figure to be crispy fresh from the case; as most of my extensive collection is carded, C-9 or better. All 1,000+ figures.

But when it comes to the fact that the POTJ is quickly grinding to a halt to make way for Episode II - you simply cannot overlook Hasbro's history. Typically, the later the waves, the harder to find they become.

And because of this logic, I spent my $26.69 at Toyzz.com. They were in hand, ready to ship.

Yes, I concur these figures are just packed loosely in a priority mail box. They certainly could do better in that regard. For $7.70 in shipping costs, these figs should be shipped in a hermetically sealed chamber. Two of the figs I received have creases near the peg hook - but I am not complaining. Because I am just happy to have these. . .

AND this argument about how they are misleading us is preposterous. They are a business. They want to make money. FINE. But they are still offering us the best price around. Like I said in my previous post, throw away the battle droid and they are $6.65 each. Their offer says 'four pack,' only $4.99 per figure. You are obviously smart, and you can obviously read. Their words are clear as day, as night is dark.

There is no scam to report. Just a company trying to use creative tactics to draw business. Hell, they got my money. Am I fool? Have I been had? I don't think so.

But then again, I must be an employee for Toyzz. Right?

Wrong. I am merely a consumer who knows a good deal from a bad one. Toyzz.com = good deal; BriansToys = ripoff.

Turbowars
03-11-2002, 11:45 PM
No need to be rude now. This is fun and games we talking about. Don't take this stuff soooooo personal. OK. I guess you think it's a great deal and I don't. Case closed, can we be friends. Seriously BigSloppy, I don't care for the deal if my cards are going to be bent up and for these figures becomming rare, I doubt it. Oh I can read, it's just that I can't spell:)

TheBigSloppy
03-12-2002, 12:20 AM
Man. I hate it when I post with such a serious tone. I should have been a trial lawyer. Why does the little voice in one's head always read with such sarcasm and negativity? Perhaps I could whisper sweet nothings in your ear? Talk dirty to you perhaps? That should loosen the tension around here. Here I go:

Dagobah Swamp
Mud
Bantha Poodoo
Landfill
Death Star Trash Compactor

Is that working? Well, let's steer away from this tangent. . .before this is deemed totally inappropriate for the forums.

Seriously. Oh. Here we go again - that 'S' word. I thinks it's great that we have a difference of opinion. That's what the forums are all aboot.

IN A HAPPY-VOICED TONE
I am merely suggesting that calling this company something they are not is wrong - for they are not out to swindle, mislead or steal from us. Whether $4.99 or $6.65, it is still a great price for such a hot commodity (regardless of the fact they make their profit by charging high shipping rates). Believe me, I am a stickler for quality control. But at this point in the game, I am happier than a little girl just to have this in my collection, rather than not having them at all.

We should simply be grateful there is someone out there that still 'looks out' for the collector. Well, maybe not the MOMC collector, but the collector nonetheless.

Dryanta
03-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Both of you have made good points.
And i find myself where I usually do in these forums,right in the middle.
I ordered from them because I wanted the figures and all regardless of the Battle droid it's still a good price.
Am I pleased with the cost of shipping?NO!! way to high.Did I continue with my order?Yep
Here is where I too differ from you Sloppy.I really don't like the way this was done.One's man's clever is anothers misleading.
it's not a swindle or a rip off in a blatent sort of way,but it really is sneaky.Oh well,I still look forward to getting them in the mail and then maybe I'll deal with them again

TheBigSloppy
03-12-2002, 07:11 PM
What if the item description read as follows:

Three figs from the latest BoShek wave for $6.65 each. And because we are completely insane, we will give you a lame exclusive, EPI Theed battle droid for free.

We will also charge you a detachable hand and leg for shipping - $7.70 to be exact. Includes no bubble wrap, padding, shredded paper and a guarantee that the cards will arrive creased - all for no additional charge!

Don't forget that 5% discount we have so insanely offered you for no reason whatsoever - other than the fact that we are looney. A bunch of bonified wackos. Crazies. Please, lock us up before we offer you something else at bargain basement prices that beats out the competition. . .

While supplies last. Or until whenever we have been committed.

Dryanta
03-12-2002, 07:28 PM
I would have still bought them :) The first paragraph you posted is 100% true.That is what I would have complete respect for and it also would garantee future business from me.Instead now that is in question.at least until I get the figures and make a final opion of their service.
Does it sound any where near as flashy and "to good to be true"?
No,but's completly honest and that would earn my respect and business.
And I ordered just like you and also do not feel i was taken in any way.once I saw what the real deal was I could have left the site without ordering.

Turbowars
03-12-2002, 11:38 PM
MAN! I wish I had never posted this thread. Just forget it :) :crazed:

Dryanta
03-21-2002, 05:33 PM
well I told you all I'd report back once I recieved the figures.I finally got them today.
They packing was not very good,but they arrived undamaged.I guess I would deal with them again if they had anything I wanted.But I will close with this,I still don't like the way this thing came about.Something else happened too buit I will not go into it here.No big deal really.

Turbowars
03-21-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Something else happened too buit I will not go into it here.No big deal really. [/B]What happened Dryanta? You just can't say that and leave all of us hanging! Please tell!!!

Dryanta
03-21-2002, 07:55 PM
Alright I'll go over it with you all.I have to say I really don't know if it anything or not.
The wording of the pre-order was that Hasbro had told them that they would have more that week.I pre-ordered on Sunday.I e-mailed them the next weekend(last weekend)because i was curious where my figures were.They had already stopped taking preorders within hours of my order.I can drive to Boston in three hours so I figured If theyhad gotten the figs I should have recieved them by then.Anyway they responded to my e-mail stating that they would not have the figures until this week.A week later than they had been told.Now I went to Walmart Weds. morning and found the wave there.So instead of paying $5 for a battle droid I didn't need and heavy shipping,I came home and e-mailed them to cancel the order.
I got an e-mail back almost immediately saying they were sorry but my order was shipped Yesterday(Tuesday).No problem.
I got my figures today.Now like I said earlier,I really don't know if there is anything to this.But I can't help but be suspisious.The first email tells me another week and two days later my order is shipped?There are no post marks on the box so I really can't say what happened.Take it for what you will.But I still would deal with them again.

Turbowars
03-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Doesn't it **** you off when you pre-order and find the same figures in a retail store. I guess that's when patience is a virtue comes into play

Dryanta
03-21-2002, 08:12 PM
This was my first pre-order.I have paid higher than store retail prices from a dealer on the web and then a few days after I got the package I found the exact same thing in a store.Yeah it does get me a little warm.But the way distribution has been over the last couple of years it's a bigger gamble not to buy them whenever almost wherever you can.well you know I'm sure

Rogue II
03-21-2002, 09:18 PM
I just got my Teebo wave in. Everything was fine.

I still haven't seen them in the stores.

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with that Battle Droid.....

By the way, it came with a coupon for a "free toy." I have to order something else to redeem it and find out what it is. Also, I got an e-mail from them for 7% off. Whoop-de-doo.

Turbowars
03-21-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with that Battle Droid..... [/B] Send it back to ToyZZZZZZZZ.crap and tell them you want your $4.99 and half of your shipping charge back, Oh and tell them to come up with a better gimmick so that maybe I'd buy from them. If you don't want to do that, give it to your dog to chew up. Maybe not, it might leave a bad taste in his mouth like the deal did to me.

Rogue II
03-21-2002, 09:38 PM
I'd give it to my dog, but I don't want him to get addicted. Then again....maybe I found another use for some of those peg warmers....Here puppy! I have a Ben Kenobi for you!

iguanabytes
03-22-2002, 09:22 AM
I ordered mine from Yestertoys.com, and they came in without a hitch...then my friend calls me from walmart and sez"getcher butt down here" ;end result? I got seconds on this wave for $1.25 each because Walmart had brand new stuff on clearance!

Turbowars
03-22-2002, 07:17 PM
$1.25 each! Man I'm never there at the right time! I think all other sites but TOYZZZ.CRAP are honest and take pride in what they do. I guess you can call it having a conscience.

iguanabytes
03-22-2002, 08:34 PM
toyzz.com is okay- they're just trying to make sales in a hard market. they at least keep the prices on single figures reasonable and fair.