PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed the box art much?

Snowtrooper
10-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I just recently got the two Target exclusive hoth packs and I thought they had some really neat artwork. The "Attack" set in particular, I thought was really cool. On the side of the box they have 3 AT-ATs with a Star Destroyer above them and with a planet behind that. The AT-AT box and Slave I UBP also had some really good artwork.

I have to admit, I hadn't paid a whole lot of attention to the box art until I looked more closely at these hoth packs. You can say what you will about having a clone on the box, but I think Hasbro has created some really nice artwork for thier vehicle packaging. I'm kinda curious who does the actual artwork.

Mister Roboto
10-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Has anyone noticed the box art much?

3 days and no responses. I'm going to say no one noticed.;)

Snowtrooper
10-28-2010, 07:42 PM
3 days and no responses. I'm going to say no one noticed.;)

It would appear so........

DarkArtist
11-08-2010, 11:07 AM
haven't got them yet to spot the artwork... from the way you decribe it it sounds like some nice stuff to see... hoping to be able to pick the Target sets up within the next 3 weeks or so... hopefully they will still be available. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I have always noticed carded artwork, ever since the ol' GI Joe cards and Transformers of the '80s. Boxed stuff, apparently not enough. I often prefer art to photos.

I'm still debating if $34.99 is a low enough price to get the Defense of Hoth set at Target... :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I have always noticed carded artwork, ever since the ol' GI Joe cards and Transformers of the '80s. Boxed stuff, apparently not enough. I often prefer art to photos.

I'm still debating if $34.99 is a low enough price to get the Defense of Hoth set at Target... :confused:
Yes, it is. People complain far too much about there not being OT stuff, and then they don't get it when it comes out. (Not you, specifically, but in general it happens way too much.)

El Chuxter
11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I came really close to pulling the trigger on the Defense of Hoth set, but decided I have nowhere to put two large accessories at this point (especially two accessories that aren't exciting enough to make me move something else), and the figures are a new one, re-release, and a repaint of an earlier figure into a resculpt of another earlier figure. I have so many bearded Hoth Troopers at this point, and no need for another K-3PO, so $35 seemed awfully high for one Hoth Trooper, no matter how cool he is.

I'm officially past the point where Hasbro can sucker me into buying a lot of re-released and slightly improved stuff for one new figure. Unless it's Teek.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm still debating if $34.99 is a low enough price to get the Defense of Hoth set at Target... :confused:And the debate was won by... myself and I, over me. I did some fuzzy math:
$34.99 + tax = total price
$11.67 + tax = price per figure
$7.00 + tax = price per figure and cannon
priceless = box art quality :rolleyes:
Plus, they took off $.10 for me having my own reusable bags (and I used two coupons for soup and boxed potatoes, with a cotton swab pack [with "free" travel lotion! :eek: ] as well); it was a deduction-a-thon all over the place.

kavem
01-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I am curious to see it. From your words the art work is worth seeing. I have a good collection of artwork. Whenever I see a good work, keeps it. Some are mind blowing but could not find the real owner of it. Otherwise I would have appreciated them for these kinds of beautiful works.

Mister Roboto
01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I am curious to see it. From your words the art work is worth seeing. I have a good collection of artwork. Whenever I see a good work, keeps it. Some are mind blowing but could not find the real owner of it. Otherwise I would have appreciated them for these kinds of beautiful works.

Here is proof that Google Translate needs an "English" to English option.