PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a vintage boxed Cruisemissle Trooper??????

Slicker
10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
does anyone know any information on this??????

El Chuxter
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I would kill for a Cruisemissile improvement, preferably in better scale and with a removable Captain Frassk, in pseudo-vintage packaging.

The only thing that would be cooler, and not by much, would be pseudo-vintage packaging on Dengar's Swoop.

Slicker
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
While I appreciate the input on the subject El Chuxter there is another thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=41108&highlight=cruisemissle) that I created on this that would better fit what you stated.

Please keep this on topic. :thumbsup:

Darth Awgmon
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
This would be the absolute last thing I would care about seeing in the future.

bkusna
10-26-2010, 04:57 PM
This would be the absolute last thing I would care about seeing in the future.

Amen......

Slicker
10-26-2010, 07:56 PM
We keep getting all of this ridiculous EU so I'd rather have the Cruisemissle Trooper (CMT) since it was actually in the movies. They've been pigeonholing a LOT of characters and vehicles that have been in the movies in favor of crap that's just made up for a book or comic.

autumnsdescent
10-26-2010, 09:37 PM
"so I'd rather have the Cruisemissle Trooper (CMT) since it was actually in the movies."

In which movie(s) was this character / vehicle? I thought it was EU...

El Chuxter
10-26-2010, 10:42 PM
In which movie(s) was this character / vehicle? I thought it was EU...

The good one.

And sorry for getting off topic, Slick.

autumnsdescent
10-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Since good is a relative term, I am assuming you mean either Episode 4 or 5...?

DarkArtist
10-27-2010, 09:38 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:I would love t see Hasbro retackle the Cruise Missile vehicle again and make it better in scale with removable figure... that would be awesome I would definately pick up around 4 of these guys...

I found this vehicle over the weekend while cleaning up and had to fly around the room with it launching the missles.... BEST EU DESIGN BY HASBRO !!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mtriv73
10-27-2010, 11:47 AM
I just hope they call it "Cruisemissile Trooper!!!!!!!!!!!" with lots of extra punctuation. I wonder why they haven't made it yet????????????? Maybe we'll hear something about it at toyfair.....................

I'm looking forward to Slicker's future thread about what 100 cruisemissile troopers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mabudonicus
10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm looking forward to Slicker's future thread about what 100 cruisemissile troopers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That makes several of us- I hope he just stacks up the boxes and takes a pic of them like that. It would prove that not only is he cool enough to own that many of them, he is also way too cool to devalue them by opening them up like some dum kid

Personally I really do think this deserves the full-on vintage treatment. A side benefit to making the new tooling would be that Hasbro could make various Jedi and Sith repaints of it- I have always wanted Mace Windus Cruisemissile Sled and the possibility of it actually happening makes me giddy.
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Also a Boonta Eve Classic "Ben Quadrinaros" version would not be unwelcome

Slicker
10-27-2010, 06:22 PM
"so I'd rather have the Cruisemissle Trooper (CMT) since it was actually in the movies."

In which movie(s) was this character / vehicle? I thought it was EU...I honestly forget where but I know it's in AOTC. It was kinda done like Dash Rendar's Outrider in ANH. I guess they'd call that retconning it?

That makes several of us- I hope he just stacks up the boxes and takes a pic of them like that. It would prove that not only is he cool enough to own that many of them, he is also way too cool to devalue them by opening them up like some dum kid

Personally I really do think this deserves the full-on vintage treatment. A side benefit to making the new tooling would be that Hasbro could make various Jedi and Sith repaints of it- I have always wanted Mace Windus Cruisemissile Sled and the possibility of it actually happening makes me giddy.
Also a Boonta Eve Classic "Ben Quadrinaros" version would not be unwelcomeThanks, mabudonicus!! I highly doubt I could afford 100 of these seeing as they'd most likely be in the $30 price point especially if they come with Frassk. I'd definitely army build but it'd be on the order of only 5-6 and I'd have to try and customize the Frassks to look like the rest of the 417th CMT Squadron.

No worries El Chuxter. I just don't like serious topics to get taken off topic. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Ideally, you'd only have to buy one with Frassk. Then they could re-release it with the other members of the 417th. I think some of Frassk's wingmen could be tough to customize.

I really hope that, if they release this, they'll pick some blonde kid with a moptop to appear on the box, obviously excited because he's playing with the first Cruisemissile Trooper released in his lifetime, and have him wear this shirt (http://www.lyle-scott-polo.com/images/mens-orange-yellow-black-stripe-polo-shirt.jpg) that totally doesn't belong in any world since 1982.

Slicker
10-28-2010, 03:39 PM
I've been looking for that picture but I can't seem to find it. Like I said I know for a fact that it's in the speeder chase in AOTC. If anyone has it or has seen it can you post it up so I don't look like a fool?

Mister Roboto
10-28-2010, 06:39 PM
What would be really cool is if they add a squadron of the Cruisemissle troopers to the battle of Endor when they release the 3D version.

I hope there is a vintage version put in a POTF2-style package with gold foil trim. I'd buy at least one to open and one to display in package.

Cane_Adiss
11-01-2010, 09:05 AM
It's cool to see the Cruisemissile is getting more than just my support for an update! It would indeed be cool to see this show up in the new show, and would probably be the best way for us to see this made some day...

nohagent
11-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I want an army of those so I can finish creating Senator Husseinatine's missile base.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2010, 09:23 PM
They absolutely need to make a vintage boxed CMT. But since it was released in the POTF2 line, I'd love to see them use that packaging instead, preferably with a green foil stripe where the lightsaber effect is. I'd totally buy them all at TRU when they come out, then return them when Target gets them for $1 cheaper, and then again when Walmart gets them for $0.50 more (I just can't stop doing that, even if it makes no sense!).

I've been looking for that picture but I can't seem to find it. Like I said I know for a fact that it's in the speeder chase in AOTC. If anyone has it or has seen it can you post it up so I don't look like a fool?
They just so happened to have been talking about this on the Forcecast a few weeks ago (can't remember which show) but they confirmed that the CMT makes a brief appearance in the AOTC Coruscant speeder chase, much like the X-wing and TIE Fighter. You can barely make it out in the picture but it's up and to the right of Obi-Wan.

Cane_Adiss
11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
They just so happened to have been talking about this on the Forcecast a few weeks ago (can't remember which show) but they confirmed that the CMT makes a brief appearance in the AOTC Coruscant speeder chase, much like the X-wing and TIE Fighter. You can barely make it out in the picture but it's up and to the right of Obi-Wan.

Are we absolutely sure that that is a CMT? Has it ever been officially confirmed by Lucasfilm as being one? If so that is really cool! Maybe that will up the chances of a new one coming out! If done right, this could be a really cool toy.

Also, who is the Captain Frassk people keep mentioning. I can't find any info on him anywhere on the net!

Slicker
11-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Mr. JabbaJohnL, that is EXACTLY the picture I was looking for. Thank you for posting it up for me. :thumbsup:

Captain Frassk is just one of the CMT pilots from a little known EU. I guess fanfic would be the more appropriate term for it but since it's catching so much steam I would hope that it can become EU at some point.

Slicker
11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
So now that all of the haters have been proven wrong about the FACT that the CMT is in the movies this thread dies?

JediTricks
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
So now that all of the haters have been proven wrong about the FACT that the CMT is in the movies this thread dies?
I've seen grilled cheese sandwich Jesuses that are more convincing proof. :p

... "Jesi"?

mabudonicus
11-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't have photoshop anymore, else I would enhance that picture cos as it is you have to squint pretty hard to make it out. I never knew this picture even existed, only seen mentions of it here and there around the interwebs, but it's good enough for me- bring on the new Cruisemissile Sled, a Frassk figure and also let's see more canon appearances of this iconic vehicle!
Oyes that picture is awesome, can't believe I didn't check it out when it first went up, nice find JJL!

Slicker
11-09-2010, 06:20 PM

... "Jesi"?tsk tsk tsk. The none believers among us. ;)

2-1B
11-10-2010, 06:59 AM

... "Jesi"?

Grilled Cheezuses.

DarkArtist
11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
YES finally we have proof of the good old Captain and his trusty CMT in AOTC... now we just need Hasbro to re-release the good captain on Vintage card and all is right in the world...

perhaps for the 10th anniversry of AOTC we'll be treated to a new and improved CMT from Hasbro:thumbsup::thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Cleaning out the garage over the past couple of days, I found my Cruisemissile Trooper, as well as the box and instructions. This really is an amazing little toy, issues with the pilot notwithstanding.

I really want an update of it. I'm sure Frassk is an eventual given if they've made guys like Teek, but I hope he comes with a new Cruisemissile.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2011, 11:13 AM
You can barely make it out in the picture but it's up and to the right of Obi-Wan.Is this the scene where Kevin Costner keeps re-running the film? :backandtotheleft:

Even better would be a Lars Garage Luke Skywalker figure, where he has variants of the T-16 model (CMT, Y-Wing, ARC-170, Kenner mini rigs, et al) to fly around. :D