PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Hasbro

Qui-Long Gone
10-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Dear Hasbro,
Monday begins my favorite holiday, my birthday. Yes, I missed Halloween by 5 hours. Since my childhood, this time of year has been like a two-day holiday for me for as long as I can remember: candy and costumes on one day, cake and ice cream on the next. Now that I'm an adult, however, candy, cake, and ice cream does little to help my blood suger, weight, and sleep patterns. They also don't make capes as long as they used to. On the other hand, your SW figures continue to be something my wife and kids look forward to hunting for me about this time of year...mostly because 3/4" figures are cheeper than cars and trips to Vegas. I will not lie in saying that I look forward to getting these characters as much as they enjoy giving them!
In particular, I was excited to get the new throned Jabba this year, Vintage Boba (repack of the evo line), and Bespin Luke. What great sculpts...and three of my top 5 favorite characters/figures (Solo and Vadar are the other 2). Man, can there be enough good said about these three figures? In fact, your designers have been making excellent figures lately. I am also looking forward to the new Gam guard, Wickett, Admiral Ack (where is the cereal?), and another Jedi Luke. I'm still crossing my fingers for a definitive Bespin Solo, and ESB Yoda with muppet-like head sculpt. For the most part, however, you continue to release great figures every year around my birthday and I feel I owe you a special thanks for making up for the loss of candy and cake.
On behalf of all the SSG collectors I think I'm right in saying that the Hasbro SW lines continue to remind all of us of the infinite possibilities provided by the figures you produce. Keep up the good work. I look forward to expanding my ever expanding collection in the releases ahead!

Sincerely,
Qui-Long Gone

DarkArtist
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Dear Hasbro,
Monday begins my favorite holiday, my birthday. Yes, I missed Halloween by 5 hours. Since my childhood, this time of year has been like a two-day holiday for me for as long as I can remember: candy and costumes on one day, cake and ice cream on the next. Now that I'm an adult, however, candy, cake, and ice cream does little to help my blood suger, weight, and sleep patterns. They also don't make capes as long as they used to. On the other hand, your SW figures continue to be something my wife and kids look forward to hunting for me about this time of year...mostly because 3/4" figures are cheeper than cars and trips to Vegas. I will not lie in saying that I look forward to getting these characters as much as they enjoy giving them!
In particular, I was excited to get the new throned Jabba this year, Vintage Boba (repack of the evo line), and Bespin Luke. What great sculpts...and three of my top 5 favorite characters/figures (Solo and Vadar are the other 2). Man, can there be enough good said about these three figures? In fact, your designers have been making excellent figures lately. I am also looking forward to the new Gam guard, Wickett, Admiral Ack (where is the cereal?), and another Jedi Luke. I'm still crossing my fingers for a definitive Bespin Solo, and ESB Yoda with muppet-like head sculpt. For the most part, however, you continue to release great figures every year around my birthday and I feel I owe you a special thanks for making up for the loss of candy and cake.
On behalf of all the SSG collectors I think I'm right in saying that the Hasbro SW lines continue to remind all of us of the infinite possibilities provided by the figures you produce. Keep up the good work. I look forward to expanding my ever expanding collection in the releases ahead!

Sincerely,
Qui-Long Gone

Nicely said Qui-Long Gone... I share a birthday month with you actually mine is 3 days later on the 4th... this year I was treated to $$ as a gift and after waiting 2 weeks to use it I was able to pick up some of the ROTJ wave: Jedi Luke, Admiral Ackbar and Jabba Barge R2.... by far 3 of the best figures I have seen to date and once again great sculpting on Hasbro's part... I'm in love with these figures...

thank you Hasbro for continuing to make excellent product for the fans... keep them coming.... also on a side note...please Hasbro do not cancel the Vintage line after 2012...keep it going forever...the figures look amazing in the classic Kenner Packaging and there is something magical about the look of the line that always brings me back to my childhood from 80-85 and remember the joy of seeing all those classic characters and those great shots from the movies.... perhaps the most beautiful packaging every in the history of toys....:love::love::love::thumbsup::love::love::l ove:

Qui-Long Gone
11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I can't wait to find the ROTJ Vintage figures...I plan to get all of them (double up on the pigs of course....the Rancor is hungry).

I look forward to some of the 2011 and hope they keep up the vintage packaging too....