PDA

View Full Version : TFU2 *spoilers inside* Vader helps starkiller where sidous failed to help him.

DarkKnight4516
10-31-2010, 11:04 AM
*********************Spoilers below**************************

Did anyone else notice in the lightside ending proxy says he can not revive juno then she wakes up a slight cut to vader and then at the end vader says to starkiller that as long as she is alive starkiller will always serve him.

I got the impression that vader did for starkiller what sidious failed to do for him.

Sidous saves Padme for Vader - fail
Vader saves Juno for Starkiller - success

He found out how to save the ones you love, something sidious failed to do for him but he seemed to do for starkiller. Proxy said he tried but could not revive her and in the darkside ending she stays dead, but in the lightside she miraculously awakens. Vader i feel brought Juno back to life mainly to have control over starkiller but also i think out of regret for what happened with his deal with sidious and padmes fate. Just a thought but i really got that impression. I guess we will have to wait until TFU 3 if and when it happens. Post your thoughts.

Tycho
11-01-2010, 04:20 AM
My only thought is that I think this is a cool ending and well-written.

And I'm surprised that you've got the game and beaten so quickly.

Darth Metalmute
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM
*********************Spoilers below**************************

Did anyone else notice in the lightside ending proxy says he can not revive juno then she wakes up a slight cut to vader and then at the end vader says to starkiller that as long as she is alive starkiller will always serve him.

I got the impression that vader did for starkiller what sidious failed to do for him.

Sidous saves Padme for Vader - fail
Vader saves Juno for Starkiller - success

He found out how to save the ones you love, something sidious failed to do for him but he seemed to do for starkiller. Proxy said he tried but could not revive her and in the darkside ending she stays dead, but in the lightside she miraculously awakens. Vader i feel brought Juno back to life mainly to have control over starkiller but also i think out of regret for what happened with his deal with sidious and padmes fate. Just a thought but i really got that impression. I guess we will have to wait until TFU 3 if and when it happens. Post your thoughts.

I don't think Vader "saved" Juno. My guess is Proxy couldn't revive her because she didn't have a pulse. My guess is that she is a "Guri" like droid from SOTE. I didn't make sense for Vader to threatening to kill her unless Starkiller helps him and then throws her out the window to die because she pulls a lightsaber on him. Vader controls her and knew she would live. How else could Boba Fett get to her on the Salvation with minimal troops. When she first sees him "return from the dead", she doesn't have a shocked look on her face. She already knew.

I'm not 100% it was an "ending."

9 Levels.

Kamino
Cato Neimoidia
Cato Neimoidia
Cato Neimoidia - boss battle only
Dagobah - joke of a level - takes 1 minute to get past
The Salvation
The Salvation
Kamino
Kamino - boss battle only

Took me about 5-6 hours on normal. This was more of an add-on, than an fully developed albeit visually stunning game.

DarkKnight4516
11-01-2010, 03:03 PM

yea it was very short and the levels seemed to drag rinse and repeat but the story was worth it. at least half the length of tfu 1.

I don't think Vader "saved" Juno. My guess is Proxy couldn't revive her because she didn't have a pulse. My guess is that she is a "Guri" like droid from SOTE. I didn't make sense for Vader to threatening to kill her unless Starkiller helps him and then throws her out the window to die because she pulls a lightsaber on him. Vader controls her and knew she would live. How else could Boba Fett get to her on the Salvation with minimal troops. When she first sees him "return from the dead", she doesn't have a shocked look on her face. She already knew.

she looked shocked to me when fett first apprehended her. plus he was with cloked terror troopers and had the distraction of the giant terror walker. She could be a guri. But i think vader knew exactly what he was doing when he threw her. mainly because his capture i believe he knew would happen allowing fett to track him and lead the empire strait to the rebels. you put a valid point though although remember we are dealing with a new rebellion and most of the empire at this moment saw the clone wars and are highly trained getting aboard a rebel cursier would not be that hard for advanced troopers and boba fett.

Mainly if they do a third i think it will focus on vaders capture leading the empire strait to the rebel base and maybe even to kota mentioning to leia about obi-wan. i dont know but i never heard of how she ever became aware of obiwans presence.....bail? ........kota..... has it been said?

Darth Metalmute
11-01-2010, 05:03 PM
you put a valid point though although remember we are dealing with a new rebellion and most of the empire at this moment saw the clone wars and are highly trained getting aboard a rebel cursier would not be that hard for advanced troopers and boba fett.

My only problem was that the cruiser was in the middle of the Rebel Fleet. If Boba Fett could find the Rebel Fleet, infiltrate the head ship without the others knowing, and capture who is assumingly the commander, while couldn't he just lead Vader with the entire Imperial Navy to that location to annihilate the Rebels right there? And if you set a trap at Kamino, why wouldn't you send the entire Imperial Army there?

DarkKnight4516
11-02-2010, 05:34 PM
My only problem was that the cruiser was in the middle of the Rebel Fleet. If Boba Fett could find the Rebel Fleet, infiltrate the head ship without the others knowing, and capture who is assumingly the commander, while couldn't he just lead Vader with the entire Imperial Navy to that location to annihilate the Rebels right there? And if you set a trap at Kamino, why wouldn't you send the entire Imperial Army there?
Very good point why not just take them down there.... unless vader was assuming that the entire rebel fleet was not there or would not attempt to attack there just like weve seen in the clone wars series the republic wasnt to worried about an attack on kamino or he was looking for someone else a more key figure like bail, a young admiral ackbar, or mon mothma. Boba fett is bad *** though i doubt he would have a problem getting past most fleets.

JediTricks
11-03-2010, 03:07 AM
I don't know if I buy Vader raising Juno from the dead, but it would fit into his point at the end of the game about her being an attachment that will keep Starkiller tied to the Dark Side. That said, I just don't think they did anything to suggest Vader has that power.

dr_evazan22
11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Did anyone else think that Kota's influence was rather DARK? Or do you think he was just being ... I don't know... pragmatic? Trying to get Starkiller to push offensive? There seemed to be less of a choice, well, no choice to decide to use light side powers/

Darth Metalmute
11-04-2010, 10:33 AM
How did they have enough story in this game to make a novel?

jonthejedi
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
IMO...I bought the graphic novel, and it even sucked. Maybe the game coulda utilized Boba Fett more....but since Starkiller defeated Vader so easily twice, probably not. This just seemed like a rushed revenge add-on epilogue...nothing more, nothing less. The graphics & planet locations were superb..but that in itself doesn't make for a great gaming experience like Arkham Asylum.

Darth Metalmute
11-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Wow, I just beat the challenges. If you get a chance, beat them and check out the movies associated with them. Very interesting.

Darth Metalmute
11-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow, I just beat the challenges. If you get a chance, beat them and check out the movies associated with them. Very interesting.

Dark side ending is so much better than the light side ending. I'm wondering if this is the true ending.

I got to thinking, since most stuff in the EU is considered non-canon, And you see Boba Fett leaving the area at the end of the light side ending, maybe they are going to have Fett disintegrate Starkiller thus leading to the "No disintegrations" line in ESB.

El Chuxter
11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Holy snap, I played a bit of this yesterday on the PS3.

Want, want, want!