PDA

View Full Version : R2-D2 brings the sanity to DC!

El Chuxter
10-31-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=363861&title=jon-and-stephen-formidable

R2-D2 helps Jon Stewart prove to Stephen Colbert that he cannot judge all robots by the actions of Terminators, Decepticons, and Cylons, toward the end of this clip. Very funny stuff. Unfortunately, this doesn't show the follow-up, with an excellent speech by Jon Stewart.

bigbarada
10-31-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=363861&title=jon-and-stephen-formidable

R2-D2 helps Jon Stewart prove to Stephen Colbert that he cannot judge all robots by the actions of Terminators, Decepticons, and Cylons, toward the end of this clip. Very funny stuff. Unfortunately, this doesn't show the follow-up, with an excellent speech by Jon Stewart.

Why did R2-D2 have a restraining bolt on? Seems a little suspicious to me. Kinda like they are trying to lure me into a false sense of security about robots. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Colbert also mentioned that R2 shouldn't use such language as he beeped around children. Bad robot after all! ;)

Blue2th
10-31-2010, 08:12 PM
I saw that. I caught almost the whole show on Cspan.
It looked like his top was about to come off there for a few seconds. Like it wasn't sitting on it's threads properly when it was turning. Is there anyone in those R2 units like the old days of Kenny Baker, or is it RC now?

I thought it was a nice surprise though. How can you not have an impact with R2? :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
10-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Let's see how you feel about robots after you watch this...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eac_1288271075

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2010, 09:07 PM
I saw that. I caught almost the whole show on Cspan.
It looked like his top was about to come off there for a few seconds. Like it wasn't sitting on it's threads properly when it was turning. Is there anyone in those R2 units like the old days of Kenny Baker, or is it RC now?

I thought it was a nice surprise though. How can you not have an impact with R2? :thumbsup:
Kenny was only ever in the suit when it was two-legged. The three-legged one has never had a human inside it.

morpheus282
10-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Let's see how you feel about robots after you watch this...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eac_1288271075

If I were single....

:love:

sith_killer_99
10-31-2010, 10:16 PM
If I were single....

:love:

You ain't right! :laugh:

morpheus282
10-31-2010, 10:26 PM
You ain't right! :laugh:

I am completely aware of that fact.

Blue2th
10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Kenny was only ever in the suit when it was two-legged. The three-legged one has never had a human inside it.

Makes sense. I guess he did the walking parts and the two legged hop thing when R2 was excited no?

btw he ran over John Stewart's foot as he was exiting the stage, John said. lol

El Chuxter
11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Funny thing about that is the footage reveals that clearly was not the case. :)

Rocketboy
11-01-2010, 10:19 AM
That clip was about 8 minutes too long.
I love Stewart and Colbert, but what I saw of the rally was pretty boring.

bigbarada
11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
That clip was about 8 minutes too long.
I love Stewart and Colbert, but what I saw of the rally was pretty boring.

Yeah, I didn't really get the whole message they were trying to get across. But then again, their show is a satire, so I don't put too much stock in anything they say. Without getting too specific, it bothers me when there seems to be a double-standard based solely on people's political affiliations. If people on one end of the political spectrum use a certain tactic, then they are hate-filled, bigoted fearmongers. If people on the opposite end of the political spectrum use the EXACT SAME tactic, then it's perfectly fine and they are just telling it like it is or saying what everyone was already thinking.

Blue2th
11-01-2010, 04:08 PM
They were pretty fair about the fear mongering and who is doing it. Plenty of sound bytes of each side, left and right, from every media outlet in their video they made.
If you watch that particular segment you'll see that.