PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a dedicated, carded Cruisemissile Trooper pilot?

El Chuxter
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Given that the Cruisemissile Troopers, as the advance vanguard of the Imperial Navy and its most elite covert troops, see a lot of action outside their signature Cruisemissiles, would you buy a Cruisemissile Trooper on a card, without the inevitable improved Cruisemissile?

Ideally, the pilot would actually be Captain Frassk, but I'm sure most of us could live with just a generic vintage-carded Cruisemissile Trooper. Just so long as there's no Jango head underneath, since Lucas has established that clones of Jango Fett lack the reflexes necessary to effectively pilot the Cruisemissile. I think it'd be funny to re-use the head from the 1995 "Monkey Face" Leia, sans the buns.

Slicker
11-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I had actually thought of this. Seeing as he's only seen from the shoulders up in the original toy I would hope they'd give him much better treatment than they did Hem Dazon. We only saw him from the shoulders up and they ended up giving a body that looked like the wrestler Chyna's.

Darth Awgmon
11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
No offense Chuxter, but what is your deal with cruisemissile troopers? The first toy was probably the worst ever in the entire 33 year history of Star Wars. Granted, I am not real familiar with the CM Troopers, but aren't there many more characters you'd like to see done before these no-names?

El Chuxter
11-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Because, no matter how bad the initial toy might have been, the Cruisemissile itself is possibly the coolest vehicle devised for the EU, and the 417th is one of the most efficient and deadliest squadrons in the Imperial Navy. Not to mention that there have only been a few EU ideas that made it into the movie, which makes it special.

Rogue II
11-02-2010, 12:44 AM
First of all, the worst SW toy in history was the POTF2 rocket-launching R5-D4 followed by the sabre-launching R2-"look at my gigantic 3rd leg"-D2.

The real question at hand is why Hasbro hasn't announced an updated Cruisemissle Trooper, if not a Captain Frassk/CMT Pilot 2-pack.

autumnsdescent
11-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Because, no matter how bad the initial toy might have been, the Cruisemissile itself is possibly the coolest vehicle devised for the EU, and the 417th is one of the most efficient and deadliest squadrons in the Imperial Navy. Not to mention that there have only been a few EU ideas that made it into the movie, which makes it special.

Which movie were Cruisemissile troops in? I must have missed that.

Neuroleptic
11-02-2010, 09:50 AM
You're jokeing right? I remember when this absolutly stupid toy came out in 1996 or so. It sat on shelves everywhere in the area that I lived and I sure as heck didn't want it either. It's a retarded looking vehicle with a badly desighned character that can't come out of it.

Even if they re-designed it, it would not sell because it has no screen time. Just about everything I'v seen that hasbro has made up souly to try to sell figures has flopped. (Crowd controll stormtrooper anyone?). And if I'm wrong and it did get screen time, it sure as H.E.double hocky sticks isn't iconic enough for hasbro to use the money and time on tooling.

R5-D4 and the badly executed launching lightsaber R2 aren't the worst. They're in the same league as the peice of trasch cruse missle vehicle. All three of them are the worst. Along with the previously mentioned delux figures.

Now that I think about it, didn't they all come out at the same time? Aside for the R2-D2, which was a good idea, just badly executed, I seem to remember all of them coming out at the same time and doing terribly at retail. I got the impression it was an experiment gone wrong by hasbro that they hopefully learned enough about to not try in the future.

I keep thinking this has to be your idea of a bad joke whenever I see it posted and that you can't possibly be serious. Except I keep seeing it come up.

DarkArtist
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Given that the Cruisemissile Troopers, as the advance vanguard of the Imperial Navy and its most elite covert troops, see a lot of action outside their signature Cruisemissiles, would you buy a Cruisemissile Trooper on a card, without the inevitable improved Cruisemissile?

Ideally, the pilot would actually be Captain Frassk, but I'm sure most of us could live with just a generic vintage-carded Cruisemissile Trooper. Just so long as there's no Jango head underneath, since Lucas has established that clones of Jango Fett lack the reflexes necessary to effectively pilot the Cruisemissile. I think it'd be funny to re-use the head from the 1995 "Monkey Face" Leia, sans the buns.

I think I have to support Chux on this idea and say YES !!!!!!! I would love to see Captain Frassk on a Vintage Card with perhaps a cool looking Cruisemissle artwork card (similiar to the Vintage TIE Pilot card from Kenner). that would be awesome....

plus this could pave the way for perhaps a whole new re-worked Cruisemissle toy.... Bring it on Hasbro:thumbsup:

nohagent
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
are we in a product lull right now since we keep bringing up cruisemissile trooper

Darth Awgmon
11-02-2010, 02:50 PM
I will agree with Chux on his most important point.. the rent is indeed too damn high!

Mister Roboto
11-02-2010, 06:43 PM
You're jokeing right? I remember when this absolutly stupid toy came out in 1996 or so. It sat on shelves everywhere in the area that I lived and I sure as heck didn't want it either. It's a retarded looking vehicle with a badly desighned character that can't come out of it.

Even if they re-designed it, it would not sell because it has no screen time. Just about everything I'v seen that hasbro has made up souly to try to sell figures has flopped. (Crowd controll stormtrooper anyone?). And if I'm wrong and it did get screen time, it sure as H.E.double hocky sticks isn't iconic enough for hasbro to use the money and time on tooling.

R5-D4 and the badly executed launching lightsaber R2 aren't the worst. They're in the same league as the peice of trasch cruse missle vehicle. All three of them are the worst. Along with the previously mentioned delux figures.

Now that I think about it, didn't they all come out at the same time? Aside for the R2-D2, which was a good idea, just badly executed, I seem to remember all of them coming out at the same time and doing terribly at retail. I got the impression it was an experiment gone wrong by hasbro that they hopefully learned enough about to not try in the future.

I keep thinking this has to be your idea of a bad joke whenever I see it posted and that you can't possibly be serious. Except I keep seeing it come up.

Wow! You're so angry you can't even spell correctly. Is your rent too damn high?:crazed: lol;)

Hasbro already brought back the Desert Skiff from that POTF2 deluxe line and put it with an Anakin figure, so a re-tooled Cruismissle Trooper can't be out of the question.

Neuroleptic
11-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Is your rent too damn high?:crazed: lol;)

Yes, my rent is too damned high.:D That reminds me. 4 minutes left to vote in Kansas!

Seriously though, I'm not angry. I just don't get why people are asking for this thing when it didn't exactly sell the first time around. I'd hate for people to be joking about wanting this thing and then see hasbro waste tooling and production budget on it that could have gone to something new that everyone wants.

Like a good Yoda for once.

El Chuxter
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Maybe they could make Yoda's Cruisemissile with good Yoda resculpt....

On that topic, I'd rather have a new Cruisemissile than getting a distinct Jedi Starfighter for every single Jedi with two seconds of screen time. Make that more than one distinct Starfighter per Jedi, because they have to make both versions of the movie Starfighters, and the Clone Wars version.

And I'd rather have a new Cruisemissile than a fourth Momaw Nadon resculpt. I would, however, prefer a Dr. Evazan resculpt or ESB 2-1B to a Cruisemissile.

Also, Hasbro has a history of not listening to my ideas. Except for TEEEEEEEEK! They totally did that so I'd shut up.

Neuroleptic
11-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Maybe they could make Yoda's Cruisemissile with good Yoda resculpt....

Then they could call it Yoda's Jedi Starfighter, make it green.

Everyone wins. Compromise. I love it.

El Chuxter
11-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't a straight re-release of the original in green, with the upper half of a Yoda figure (preferably the first POTF2 one) popping out instead of Captain Frassk, be the most awesomely bad thing ever?

Cane_Adiss
11-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Who is captain Frassk? I can't find anything about him on Wookieepedia.