PDA

View Full Version : What's on sale, where and how much (The Vintage Collection edition)

bkusna
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
EXCLUSIVE20 for 20% off.....makes wave 2 REALLY cheap!!!!

Maradona
10-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the tip!

jedikiss
10-19-2010, 02:07 PM
too bad they don't have anything to choose from like rotj, cw embo, or cw vos waves:(

bkusna
10-19-2010, 02:15 PM
too bad they don't have anything to choose from like rotj, cw embo, or cw vos waves:(
They will have......they will have.....

El Chuxter
10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Their GIJoe stuff is pricey right now. :( But thanks anyway. :)

jedikiss
10-19-2010, 02:27 PM
They will have......they will have.....

well they haven't since 1st wave at relaunch. I was hoping for the 25% off plus free shipping code, then MAY consider the RC hailfire droid.
edit: oh yeah they do have vint wv 2 cases, but still thier cw selection sucks

DarkArtist
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
thanks for the tip... here's hoping i can use it soon and cash in on some cool stuff from HTS:thumbsup:

nohagent
10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
definitely was hoping for free shipping as well

bkusna
10-24-2010, 08:17 AM
this week.....http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=star%20wars%20action%20figures&origkw=Star%20Wars%20action%20figures&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

vintage AT-AT for $98.98....make sure if you've purchased any star wars the past few weeks at TRU, YOu go back and get credit for those purchases...deluxe vehicles are $12.99...all items are at least 10% off....

this would be a good week for WAVE 3 to show up at TRU...$8.99 per fig

TheDarthVader
10-24-2010, 10:26 AM
If a vintage figure is $9.99 and has been marked down to $8.99, that is 10% off of vintage figures, not 25% off. 25% off vintage figures would make the figures $7.49 bro.

bkusna
10-24-2010, 10:41 AM
If a vintage figure is $9.99 and has been marked down to $8.99, that is 10% off of vintage figures, not 25% off. 25% off vintage figures would make the figures $7.49 bro.
thanks for the math lesson...I'll enroll you into community college....the point is STAR WARS is on sale this week...

nohagent
10-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Well, too bad not all items.. NO AT-AT for meez

mtriv73
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Most things are 10% off. I picked up the hyena bomber and swamp speeder for a few cents more than they would be not on sale at target or wm.

bkusna
10-24-2010, 10:29 PM
scored 2 swamp speeders and 2 mando packs.....mandos $19.99....nice:thumbsup:

elvandrik
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
thanks for the math lesson...I'll enroll you into community college....the point is STAR WARS is on sale this week...

Double point deduction for improper capitalization and use of a fragmented sentence!:whip:

bkusna
10-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Double point deduction for improper capitalization and use of a fragmented sentence!:whip:
really??? what does this have to do with TRU having star wars on sale??? maybe you should go on the make-a-wish blog page and post there:ninja:

Darth Awgmon
10-24-2010, 11:53 PM

So you should have named the thread "Star Wars on sale this week at TRU."

bkusna
10-24-2010, 11:59 PM
So you should have named the thread "Star Wars on sale this week at TRU."
well according to the "scholars" on this thread, they are more concerned with punctuation and spelling...seems like they would rather be on a junior high english blog page

El Chuxter
10-25-2010, 12:00 AM
An sea captain walks into a bar. Immediately, everyone stops doing whatever they're doing, because he is impaled through the crotch on a ship's steering wheel!

He slowly walks up to the bar, and orders a whiskey. The bartender says, "Uh, how are you alive with that thing stuck in you like that, much less able to come in here and order a drink."

The sea captain looks at him and says, ":Pirate:, it's drivin' me nuts!"

(This post supplied because this thread seems quite lacking in humor.)

Snowtrooper
10-25-2010, 12:11 AM
I decided to pull the trigger and buy the vintage AT-AT. Plus, I got an extra magnaguard to qualify for free shipping.

bkusna
10-25-2010, 12:14 AM
I decided to pull the trigger and buy the vintage AT-AT. Plus, I got an extra magnaguard to qualify for free shipping.

I had those exact two items saved in my cart.....just waiting to decide if I need another vintage AT-AT....:cross-eye

elvandrik
10-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Did you get the regular one or the Toys R Us version in the classic packaging?

Rogue II
10-25-2010, 01:08 AM
An sea captain walks into a bar. Immediately, everyone stops doing whatever they're doing, because he is impaled through the crotch on a ship's steering wheel!

He slowly walks up to the bar, and orders a whiskey. The bartender says, "Uh, how are you alive with that thing stuck in you like that, much less able to come in here and order a drink."

The sea captain looks at him and says, ":Pirate:, it's drivin' me nuts!"

(This post supplied because this thread seems quite lacking in humor.)

A guy walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but saran wrap. The psychiatrist says "I can clearly see your nuts."

Popasdei
10-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Don't forget the $5.00 Clone Bucks!

bkusna
10-25-2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.yakface.com/2010/october/wmsale.html

starts 11/7/10.....

nohagent
10-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Will they do a price adjustment for my AT-AT?

bkusna
10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Will they do a price adjustment for my AT-AT?
I think Walmart will do it up to 90 days from the time of purchase but you need to bring in your AT-AT.....Target and TRU are the best though, you don't even need the toy or a receipt...they just look up the purchase on the computer and credit back your credit card....

nohagent
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
well i didnt buy it yet, was just thinking i should get it now because it may be hard to get after sale hits. This way i pretty much "reserve" the sale price. What do you think?

bkusna
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
well i didnt buy it yet, was just thinking i should get it now because it may be hard to get after sale hits. This way i pretty much "reserve" the sale price. What do you think?
You are a man with superior knowledge and skill......your midichlorian count would be off the charts:razz:

DarkArtist
10-26-2010, 08:47 AM
i may have to put some dough aside and take advantage of the $79.99 AT-AT deal.... been holding out till the price drops abit. :thumbsup:

bkusna
10-26-2010, 09:53 PM
i may have to put some dough aside and take advantage of the $79.99 AT-AT deal.... been holding out till the price drops abit. :thumbsup:
for that price, it will be hard to pass up...there's not a kmart close to me so $79.99 might be the best deal....:lipsrsealed:

bkusna
10-27-2010, 11:33 AM
http://www.printablecouponfeed.com/kmart/25733

Jon Dougha
10-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the coupon post!

JD

bkusna
10-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the coupon post!

JD
Well, every collector was getting the AT-AT for $44.99 with the coupon but nobody posted the link so there it is......:love:

Jon Dougha
10-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that, but left to buy the AT-AT's at that great $49.99 price before seeing any reference to the coupons in later posts; glad that I did leave early since the Kmart's in my area are all sold out of the AT-AT's now.

I am still happy to get the coupon since it gives me an excuse to buy another figure before the end of the month. :D

nohagent
10-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh sorry everyone, I thought I mentioned this coupon before. I used it on my AT-AT purchase the other day and such. FYI Kmart reissues this coupon over and over. I have been using it for a couple of months. The is a KMART on my way to work so I pop in and tend to pick up figures for 3.99 after the fact. Funny I have not used it to get JODO KAST by the kid is happy with the first version already. Used it to get him some Halo Mega Blok stuff and nerf vulcan as well. I must say kmart can be a pain but the coupon is "REDEEMING" hahahahahaaha

Maerj2000
10-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Hope they don't check my birthdate to use the coupon!

bkusna
10-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Hope they don't check my birthdate to use the coupon!
I'm going to use 100 coupons from Kmart.....:pleased:

Darth Awgmon
10-27-2010, 11:46 PM
I used it three times today at three different KMarts. They have all of their Imaginext stuff on sale this week, and my 4 year old loves that stuff. You can get the single figures with small vehicle/accessory from the Batman Imaginext line for $0.09. It's free stuff! Thanks for the coupon!

bkusna
10-27-2010, 11:55 PM
I used it three times today at three different KMarts. They have all of their Imaginext stuff on sale this week, and my 4 year old loves that stuff. You can get the single figures with small vehicle/accessory from the Batman Imaginext line for $0.09. It's free stuff! Thanks for the coupon!
rumor has it that these Birthday coupons run all year , so we will have to keep checking the website for the most current ones.....:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-28-2010, 01:49 AM
$79.99 for an AT-AT without having to deal with the uncertainty of whether a brick-and-mortar store will match an online price? That sounds to me like taking a spin on the wheel of awesome!

bkusna
10-28-2010, 10:28 PM
What's up with the TRU 2 day doorbuster sale this fri-sat??????????

Maerj2000
10-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I used it on a Jodo Kast last night. It wouldn't scan but another cashier knew what is was and typed it in. Thanks! :thumbsup:

bkusna
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Time to stock up!!!! bring on WAVE 3 for $6......for those who want to stock up on $6 vintage and trade them out at Target when wave 3 hits...THIS IS THE TIME!!!!!!:thumbsup:

***Target uses a generic UPC for their vintage figures***

Neuroleptic
11-02-2010, 01:27 PM
When is this?

Slicker
11-02-2010, 05:00 PM
And for those that want to rip of Target and then ***** when they raise prices by a dollar do this as well!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Mister Roboto
11-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Time to stock up!!!! bring on WAVE 3 for $6......for those who want to stock up on $6 vintage and trade them out at Target when wave 3 hits...THIS IS THE TIME!!!!!!:thumbsup:

***Target uses a generic UPC for their vintage figures***

How long have you been doing that scam?

When we got married, my wife returned a bunch of duplicate gifts we recieved to Target over the following few months and they started questioning her. She ended up making me return some things because they were giving her a hard time.

bkusna
11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
No scam at all......my Target is right next to Walmart....It's called competition and marketing...some FAIL, while others thrive...you choose which group you wanna join:yes:

I never get questioned because I bring back an ACTUAL receipt that shows purchases for VINTAGE figures...I did buy them at Target...I open my entire collection so if you think I only save a few bucks, keep dreaming...I buy about 100 figures from every wave and OPEN ALL OF THEM...DO THE MATH!!!! and the PRICES ARE TOO DAMN HIGH!!!!!!!!

bigbarada
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
No scam at all......my Target is right next to Walmart....It's called competition and marketing...some FAIL, while others thrive...you choose which group you wanna join:yes:

I never get questioned because I bring back an ACTUAL receipt that shows purchases for VINTAGE figures...I did buy them at Target...I open my entire collection so if you think I only save a few bucks, keep dreaming...I buy about 100 figures from every wave and OPEN ALL OF THEM...DO THE MATH!!!! and the PRICES ARE TOO DAMN HIGH!!!!!!!!

So, you buy the figures at Target and open them for your collection. Then later on you buy discounted figures at Walmart and return those figures to Target to get your money back for the figures you already opened weeks earlier? And you can't see how this is slightly dishonest and extremely short-sighted? :confused:

You may think you are "sticking it to" some big, faceless corporations, but you are really just sticking it to yourself since your returns will reflect negatively on that specific Target store's sales and WILL impact you in the long run when they have no room on the pegs for new figures.

El Chuxter
11-02-2010, 07:44 PM
In any case, Vintage figures are still $7.96 at the Wal-Marts here. All kidding and debating the ethics aside, $0.03 per figure doesn't seem worth the hassle.

bkusna
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
When the Target customer service rep asks why I'm returning these, I tell em flat out that they are $2-3 cheaper right across the street at Walmart....They drop the ball here because I allow them the opportunity to LOWER their prices to price-match but they refuse to do so without a printed ad....EPIC FAIL!!!!!

bkusna
11-02-2010, 07:48 PM
In any case, Vintage figures are still $7.96 at the Wal-Marts here. All kidding and debating the ethics aside, $0.03 per figure doesn't seem worth the hassle.
well I bought 30 vintage figures today at Walmart for $6 each in anticipation of wave 3 hitting soon, so that will be a $60 savings in the end, which will land me some more Hoth sets :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
11-03-2010, 10:50 PM
We used to have a Target here, but it went out of business. I went on the day the owner was cleaning it out, and he was crying. I asked what went wrong, and he told me they lost so much money from people who kept returning Star Wars figures they got cheaper at Wal-Mart.

I know that guy, he told me he was also having financial problems, and do you know why?

That's right, because the rent was too damn high! :laugh:

bkusna
11-03-2010, 10:51 PM
I know that guy, he told me he was also having financial problems, and do you know why?

That's right, because the rent was too damn high! :laugh:
Dude, funny......lol

bigbarada
11-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Anyways, my Walmart just lowered their vintage and CW figures down to $6. Saga Legends are still at $6.96.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Anyways, my Walmart just lowered their vintage and CW figures down to $6. Saga Legends are still at $6.96.
Same with mine. CW were also $6. I got a few TVC for army building purposes, and would have liked to have gotten some Legends, but passed when I saw they weren't on sale. Even though I understand why these figures are priced as they are, it certainly does help when they go on sale for even a dollar or two cheaper.

plasticfetish
11-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey guys, this is a great thread about how to pull an exchange scam between Walmart and Target, so I hate to see it sullied with petty arguing and name calling. Let's try to stay on topic. :yes:

bkusna
11-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Hey guys, this is a great thread about how to pull an exchange scam between Walmart and Target, so I hate to see it sullied with petty arguing and name calling. Let's try to stay on topic. :yes:
Thank you for appreciating this topic....the key is that Target uses a generic UPCs for all vintage figures, so wave 1 looks like wave 3 on the receipts....

sith_killer_99
11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
After more than 4 years of not buying a single Star Wars figure for my collection I finally broke down and bought a dozen of the newer Vintage Collection figures tonight at Wal-Mart for $6.00 each!

I have to admit, the price was just right, and the line is great, so I did it, I finally broke my drought. I plan on buying the entire line and I will be hitting up all the Wal-Marts in the area for more very soon. I will not be buying them at full price, nor will I buy them as soon as the the new product hits shelves, as I can not justify spending the time and gas hunting and I can not justify paying full retail price, even for a line as cool as the Vintage Collection.

So I'm back in the game, so to speak. :thumbsup:

Popasdei
11-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Speaking of cheap prices anyone had the 3rd wave in their walmarts? I've checked 5 of em today... Nothing... :(

Mister Roboto
11-04-2010, 08:22 PM

He said it isn't a scam.

If he really wanted to make money off the figures, he'd put them on ebay. But then he'd have to compete with the scalpers.

I haven't checked to see if any of my local walmarts have lowered their prices yet because I haven't had a reason to go there lately. Can't wait for the ROTJ wave to hit. It should be soon, right? $6 ISN'T TOO DAMN HIGH! Actually, it is quite reasonable.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I haven't read anything about people finding wave 3 yet. Last year, Walmart's $6 figure sale lasted quite a while, if I recall, just right up through the end of the year or so. So hopefully both the ROTJ and AOTC waves will hit there before the sale ends.

sith_killer_99
11-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Tonight I found:

VC03.) HAN SOLO (Echo Base Outfit)
VC04.) LUKE SKYWALKER (BESPIN Fatigues)
VC06.) C-3PO
VC08.) DARTH VADER
VC12.) DARTH SIDIOUS
VC13.) ANAKIN SKYWALKER
VC14.) SANDTROOPER
VC15.) CLONE TROOPER (Episode III)
VC16.) OBI-WAN KENOBI
VC17.) GENERAL GRIEVOUS
VC18.) MAGNAGUARD

I'm not sure which ones are wave 1, 2, 3 etc. Anyway, those are the one's I found locally. A second Wal-Mart also had a couple of the first figures, but they were pretty banged up. I found several foil cared figures as well, but passed. On the up side there were tons of Sandtroopers so I may go back and buy a few.

Neuroleptic
11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I haven't read anything about people finding wave 3 yet. Last year, Walmart's $6 figure sale lasted quite a while, if I recall, just right up through the end of the year or so. So hopefully both the ROTJ and AOTC waves will hit there before the sale ends.

If this happens, I'll deffinetly buy more figures than I was planning.

Popasdei
11-04-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm going to buy all the foils to keep mint on card, buy prolly all on reg card to open, and like 3-4 Gamorrean Guards for the Jabba set :thumbsup:

I hate walking in to all the walmarts to be disapointed not seeing them though! I've been checking every other day!!!!

Rocketboy
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
He said it isn't a scam.Of course it isn't a scam - I believe it falls under retail fraud.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure which ones are wave 1, 2, 3 etc. Anyway, those are the one's I found locally. A second Wal-Mart also had a couple of the first figures, but they were pretty banged up. I found several foil cared figures as well, but passed. On the up side there were tons of Sandtroopers so I may go back and buy a few.
For the record, the ESB figures are wave 1, and the ROTS figures (plus Sandtrooper) are wave 2. Wave 3 is ROTJ and isn't out yet.

I'm going to buy all the foils to keep mint on card, buy prolly all on reg card to open, and like 3-4 Gamorrean Guards for the Jabba set
Hopefully you're not looking forward to new foil cards, as they're only doing them on the 12 figures they already released (the ROTS wave plus Luke, Han, Vader, and Boba).

Popasdei
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Wave 3 is ROTJ and isn't out yet.

I was to the understanding its coming out this month, I asked a Target employee and they said some should be on the shelf next tuesday when their truck arrives. :squareeye

bkusna
11-05-2010, 06:22 PM
WAVE 3 has to hit next week!!!!!! Wally world and Tar-jay having blow out sales!!!!!!!:love::thumbsup:

SALE includes VEHICLES TOO!!!! vintage for $19.99??????? let's hope so...

bkusna
11-07-2010, 12:07 AM
So who's going to buy figures at TARGET tomorrow?????????:whip:

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?action=entryflash&flash=y&adref=beta

Mvader91
11-07-2010, 01:00 AM
So who's going to buy figures at TARGET tomorrow?????????:whip:

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?action=entryflash&flash=y&adref=beta
:lipsrsealed: I'm not because Meijer has them for $5.99 and Walmart $6.00!!

bkusna
11-07-2010, 08:14 AM
It's rumored that TARGET is getting WAVE 3 on Tuesday....a nationwide event.....

Neuroleptic
11-07-2010, 09:30 AM
It's rumored
I stopped reading right there. :cross-eye

Seriously though, I don't know that I'v heard of every single store being able to get a wave out at the same time nation wide. Not even for when they switch out all of the current merchendise for new items. When they've done that with set release dates, all of the targets and wallmarts for about a 100 mile radius from me are usualy a week late or more in getting it set up.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a look Teusday since I'll be in town anyway, and if you're right I'll be thrilled and have an upset wife when I buy the figures I want. :laugh: I'll even come here after I get home teusday and sing your prases.

But I'm not going to hold my breath over a rumor.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2010, 09:50 AM
It's not a rumor.
Get to the shopper!
I'll be back... to check on figures.
Has'ta be there, baby.
[seeing pegwarming Plo Koons] You are one ugly... :eek:

Neuroleptic
11-07-2010, 12:10 PM
It's not a rumor.
Get to the shopper!
I'll be back... to check on figures.
Has'ta be there, baby,

Don't you mean, "Get to dah Shoppah!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I stopped reading right there. :cross-eye

Seriously though, I don't know that I'v heard of every single store being able to get a wave out at the same time nation wide. Not even for when they switch out all of the current merchendise for new items. When they've done that with set release dates, all of the targets and wallmarts for about a 100 mile radius from me are usualy a week late or more in getting it set up.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a look Teusday since I'll be in town anyway, and if you're right I'll be thrilled and have an upset wife when I buy the figures I want. :laugh: I'll even come here after I get home teusday and sing your prases.

But I'm not going to hold my breath over a rumor.
Exactly. It's not going to happen, so don't get depressed when it doesn't.

El Chuxter
11-07-2010, 02:24 PM
But... but... it's rumored! That means some dude told some other dude it would happen. Are you calling some dude a liar? :mad:

Rogue II
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
But... but... it's rumored! That means some dude told some other dude it would happen. Are you calling some dude a liar? :mad:

If someone wrote it on the internet, it must be true.:yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
If someone wrote it on the internet, it must be true.:yes:A truer statement was never typed (or so some dude once told me).

bkusna
11-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Target has the BEST system EVER!!!!! vintage vehicles are on sale for $19.99 and Hoth battle packs are $34.99......I was able to just bring receipts in to get $60 credit on my 12 Attack/Defense packs and $10 credit on my two vintage snowspeeders....I didn't have to haul it all back like Wally world wants you to...:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Have you ever calculated your cost of gas? Is it worth the difference to keep driving back and forth, returning things and getting price adjustments? I'm not saying it's not, but you seem to post something new about returning something or getting a price adjustment daily.

nohagent
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I see no evidence of the vehicle 19.99 sale. Anyone else see this?

bkusna
11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Have you ever calculated your cost of gas? Is it worth the difference to keep driving back and forth, returning things and getting price adjustments? I'm not saying it's not, but you seem to post something new about returning something or getting a price adjustment daily.
Target, Walmart, TRU, and Kohl's are exactly 2.3 miles from my house and I drive by them everyday to work.....so it's worth saving the extra bucks to spend on MORE stuff:yes: Plus, I only return it if it's worth it....multiple purchases never just one item

bkusna
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I see no evidence of the vehicle 19.99 sale. Anyone else see this?
NOT advertised!!!!! they have the sale tags in the stores(vintage ONLY and the Hoth packs)....My toy manager said it's a nation wide event!!!!!!

Mvader91
11-07-2010, 05:40 PM
NOT advertised!!!!! they have the sale tags in the stores(vintage ONLY and the Hoth packs)....My toy manager said it's a nation wide event!!!!!!
:yes: The ad clearly states "Vintage vehicles" $24.99. we all get the wishful thinking.:yes:

bkusna
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
:yes: The ad clearly states "Vintage vehicles" $24.99. we all get the wishful thinking.:yes:
JUST GO TO TARGET!!!!! $19.99 vintage and $34.99 battle packs!!!!! I CAN'T DO IT FOR YOU!!!! PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT!!!!!!

bkusna
11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
this week only hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoth battle packs $34.99 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popasdei
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Is it worth buying a second TIE Fighter? Decisions Decisions... Prolly not...:cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2010, 05:54 PM
The big Christmas ad says Vintage vehicles $24.99, Vintage figures $7.99. The weekly ad says Vintage figures $6.99, Vintage vehicles also on sale. I went today and the snowspeeder and TIE fighter are indeed $19.99.

On another note, for the love of God, can a mod condense some of bkusna's sale posts? We don't need one every single time something goes on sale.

bkusna
11-07-2010, 05:57 PM
The big Christmas ad says Vintage vehicles $24.99, Vintage figures $7.99. The weekly ad says Vintage figures $6.99, Vintage vehicles also on sale. I went today and the snowspeeder and TIE fighter are indeed $19.99.

On another note, for the love of God, can a mod condense some of bkusna's sale posts? We don't need one every single time something goes on sale.

It was just in response to ALL THE DOUBTERS!!!!!!

Neuroleptic
11-07-2010, 06:48 PM
It was just in response to ALL THE DOUBTERS!!!!!!

I don't doubt you on the sale. I'm just not sure wave 3 will actualy show up when you say it will, especialy at target. Wally world is doing great at thinning down wave 2, but target here is clogged badly with wave one and two vintage. So I don't see how they'll be getting wave 3 in two days.

Rogue II
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
A truer statement was never typed (or so some dude once told me).

You know what else I heard? 57.9% of all statistics are completely made up.

bkusna
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't doubt you on the sale. I'm just not sure wave 3 will actualy show up when you say it will, especialy at target. Wally world is doing great at thinning down wave 2, but target here is clogged badly with wave one and two vintage. So I don't see how they'll be getting wave 3 in two days.
well, that's when you go to PLAN B....stash about 3 cases of wave 1/2 behind some barbie toys so when the night shift gets there they will re-stock with wave 3:whip:

El Chuxter
11-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Not usually the case. Their computers will tell them there's plenty of SW on the shelves, and, in any case, they'll find the hidden figures. You think they rearrange SW and not Barbie, or that they wouldn't notice 36 figures hiding behind the Barbies? :)

bkusna
11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Not usually the case. Their computers will tell them there's plenty of SW on the shelves, and, in any case, they'll find the hidden figures. You think they rearrange SW and not Barbie, or that they wouldn't notice 36 figures hiding behind the Barbies? :)
I know one thing they never rearrange...VTECH stuff...I stashed 10 snowtroopers there and they lasted at least 2 months....then I picked them up on sale....:thumbsup::ninja:

El Chuxter
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Your Target is very unlike any of the local Targets here, then.

Neuroleptic
11-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Is it worth buying a second TIE Fighter? Decisions Decisions... Prolly not...:cry:

Certanly not the one they're re-issuing in the vintage box. It looked like it still uses the old short wings. Otherwise I'd pick it up for sure. Though, it'd be the last vehicle I buy until I sell some of the ones I have as I'd be officaly out of display room for them.

bkusna
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
My Target is money.....I use my Target RedCard and get an additional 5% off every purchase...today I got a vintage snowspeeder for $15.17 total with all savings including a $5 giftcard the wife got for buying 2 tampax boxes:thumbsup:

bigbarada
11-08-2010, 12:39 AM
well, that's when you go to PLAN B....stash about 3 cases of wave 1/2 behind some barbie toys so when the night shift gets there they will re-stock with wave 3:whip:

Yep, the computer will keep track of what's in the store, so the only way to get around that would be to actually buy up all of the figures on the shelf and then return them when wave 3 shows up. But of course, this doesn't guarantee that those figures you purchases won't just be replaced with some overstock wave 1 and 2 cases from the back of the store.

El Chuxter
11-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Now that I think of it, there's also the unfortunate fact that Barbies sell a lot more quickly than Star Wars figures.

plasticfetish
11-08-2010, 04:29 AM
I heart MODs

And I'm pretty sure the mods hate this thread so far, so keep up the good work.

mtriv73
11-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Are you going to start a new thread every time something goes on sale? there is a thread called what's on sale, where, and how much under the legacy collection. You could even start a new one under the vintage collection.

bkusna
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Are you going to start a new thread every time something goes on sale? there is a thread called what's on sale, where, and how much under the legacy collection. You could even start a new one under the vintage collection.
thanks for the tip....you have to admit...these SALE threads are EYE-poppers :yes:

Jon Dougha
11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Bkusna,

Thanks for another sales tip! I appreciate anyone who tries to help me save money. I do wonder if we can use a forum sticky to collect all the sales posts under one central thread at the top of the main forum heading. That way, they don't get lost and it is easy to see what's currently on sale fairly quickly by checking the top of the category. Just a thought.

JD

bkusna
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Bkusna,

Thanks for another sales tip! I appreciate anyone who tries to help me save money. I do wonder if we can use a forum sticky to collect all the sales posts under one central thread at the top of the main forum heading. That way, they don't get lost and it is easy to see what's currently on sale fairly quickly by checking the top of the category. Just a thought.

JD
Anytime bud.....every dollar helps:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I saw the price reductuion there today... but alas no new waves. Yet?

Slicker
11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I saw the price reductuion there today... but alas no new waves. Yet?They were spotted in ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbarada
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
They were spotted in ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, and supposedly some guy from another forum watched this other guy buy up all of wave 3 at a TRU, then followed him to his house and peeked in the window as he listed them all on Ebay this afternoon. So you know it MUST be true.

Oh wait....

SO YOU KNOW IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I do wonder if we can use a forum sticky to collect all the sales posts under one central thread at the top of the main forum heading. That way, they don't get lost and it is easy to see what's currently on sale fairly quickly by checking the top of the category. Just a thought.There is also the "Just Found" section here, with many threads from specific areas on the country.

El Chuxter
11-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Arizona? Did they have their papers in order?

bkusna
11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Yep, and supposedly some guy from another forum watched this other guy buy up all of wave 3 at a TRU, then followed him to his house and peeked in the window as he listed them all on Ebay this afternoon. So you know it MUST be true.

Oh wait....

SO YOU KNOW IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't buy the figures for you....put some effort into it

bkusna
11-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Arizona? Did they have their papers in order?
BigBarada might find this offensive.....

bigbarada
11-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I can't buy the figures for you....put some effort into it

I check for new figures at Walmart everyday. How much more effort do I need to put into this hobby?

BigBarada might find this offensive.....

Why is that?

bkusna
11-09-2010, 12:22 AM
there's nothing more satisfying than walking into a store and seeing new figures on the pegs....that's why our hobby is so fun......:pleased:

bkusna
11-09-2010, 04:37 PM
weird...my Walmart now has vintage $6.96 and Saga/CW $6......:hurt:

plasticfetish
11-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Maybe we'll try having a general thread for what's on sale, where you found it, and for how much. What'cha think?

Popasdei
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I dig it! :)

Jon Dougha
11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Great idea! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Say, what a great idea that we've already had for years! :D

Really, though, thanks for condensing it.

bkusna
11-21-2010, 07:00 AM
GamGuards back in stock
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars?BR=495&ST=SO&PG=4

Family2010 for 25% off....

TRU buy 2 for $10.99...(vintage NOT included)

nohagent
11-21-2010, 01:15 PM
haha,

well they WERE I guess

tagmac
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
I lucked out....happened to still be online around midnight last night, checked HTS for kicks, and the whole wave was available again. The fact that they lasted until 7 AM today is somewhat surprising.

bkusna
11-28-2010, 07:50 AM
TRU....ALL star wars figures 2 for $9.99.....no price exclusions so vintage might be included....:thumbsup:
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&noredirect=y

Maerj2000
11-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the info...again! You are certainly on the ball when it comes to this stuff. :thumbsup:

Neuroleptic
11-28-2010, 11:48 AM
There's a toys R us express near us now. YAY! Unfortunately they, like all the other stores in my area, are crammed full of wave 2, which I don't want any of the figures from and thus, can not take advantage of the sale. :cry:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Newspaper ad had the 9-pack Target Vintage set at the expected $49.99, but the store I checked had no such item even listed on their shelf tags. There are a few figures in it that look cool, but not enough of them for me to whip out the CC for it.

Jon Dougha
11-28-2010, 08:16 PM
TRU in my area is not listing the Vintage figs at the 2 for $9.99. All other figs are covered though. Time to do the price match dance at Walmart/Target.

JD

TheDarthVader
11-28-2010, 09:25 PM
I do not have a toys r us in this town. Can someone please mail me a toys r us sales ad so I can match the price at my target/walmart? thanks. pm me if you can help.

bkusna
11-29-2010, 12:28 AM
I do not have a toys r us in this town. Can someone please mail me a toys r us sales ad so I can match the price at my target/walmart? thanks. pm me if you can help.

I was able to price match at wally and tarjay....the key to it is the ad says ""ALL star wars figures on sale"...I was able to score a few Gamys and luke jedi's (no hole):thumbsup:

I'll try to find another ad...

sith_killer_99
11-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Yes, I got my TRU ad, looking to price match around town. :D

bkusna
12-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Target Hoth Battle Packs on clearance!!!!!!
http://www.target.com/Star-Wars-Defense-Special-Value/dp/B003KRH6DY/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=star%20wars%20toys&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-28&qid=1292196530&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Star%20Wars%20Defense%20Special%20Value&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin,price,target_com_prim ary_color-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

nohagent
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Thats a shame, seeing nice fun stuff hit clearance is not good for us.

TheDarthVader
12-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Yesterday, at my Target, vintage figures were $6.00! But no ROTJ wave.

Qui-Long Gone
12-19-2010, 01:44 PM
We scored the new AT AT (I guess it's a "vintage" vehicle) at Sam's Club for $49.00 Saturday...last one on the shelf!

Darth Awgmon
04-20-2011, 10:28 PM
For those who haven't been in a Target this week, the Geonosis Arena 2-packs are on sale for $6.99. Great deal for two figures, many available nowhere else. Sale ends Saturday.

Darth Awgmon
05-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I have been to four different walmarts within the last two days. Two of those stores had their saga legends clearance priced at $5. I also had a few coupons, so I picked up several snowtroopers, 501st clones, shock troopers, and AOTC style clones. Also grabbed an extra electronic R2, Jango, and Maul for my kid. Clone Wars and Vintage were regular price.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I have seen more different figures on the pegs in the last week or so, but none of the ones I might even consider shelling out almost ten bucks each to buy (Padme, Jango, Anakin). I've come close with Lando or the Weequay or the Senate Guard, but seeing those numbers after the $ on the peg ends... :mad: Saw some of the new CW wave for the first time today, but again...