PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?....

InsaneJediGirl
11-16-2010, 10:04 PM
...Or does it seem as if people are eager for Christmas/Holiday season to come this year? At the mall I work at, the decorations have been up for a week and Christmas music has been pumping through the mall as well as our store. As I drive home, I see Christmas lights in houses and trees lit up in the window...

Its not even Thanksgiving yet, so whats the big rush? I love the holiday season as much as the next person, but....it seems like all the fun is being sucked out of it this year.

(note : no intent for this to become political or a "my winter holiday is better than your winter holiday" argument:sleeping: )

Rocketboy
11-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Funny you should mention that...

I'm sick and tired of the Christmas season starting in October/November (and even creeping into September!), so I started a Facebook page last night: No Christmas before Thanksgiving (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/pages/No-Christmas-before-Thanksgiving/108035285932379?v=wall)!

I love Christmas as much as the next person, but this earlier and earlier start every year is beginning to take it's toll on my holiday spirit.

InsaneJediGirl
11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Very nice. I went and "liked" the page. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is insane. It seems people have forgot all about Thanksgiving which is just sad.

JimJamBonds
11-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Yup, the stores want it already. As for me I'm ready for it to end.

TeeEye7
11-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Seen in my neighborhood last night on the way home from work:

The first lights of the season gracing a house already. Didn't know Slick was visiting California.

I wholeheartedly agree with RB!

JEDIpartner
11-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I thought Christmas started back at the end of June at some places. Gross.

El Chuxter
11-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, it is just you.

And my Kwanzaa is better than your Christmas, simply because we all know that in 1000 years, the "Christ" will be taken completely out of "Christmas," and the holiday will officially be called "Xmas," whose mascot is a homicidal Robot Santa Claus... while Kwanzaabot will not spend the entire holiday season trying to blow people up.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes, it is just you.

And my Kwanzaa is better than your Christmas, simply because we all know that in 1000 years, the "Christ" will be taken completely out of "Christmas," and the holiday will officially be called "Xmas," whose mascot is a homicidal Robot Santa Claus... while Kwanzaabot will not spend the entire holiday season trying to blow people up.

In 1000 years? That's already happened... no? LOL