Here's to hoping we find this wave before Xmas....:yes:

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Here's to hoping we find this wave before Xmas....:yes:

Didnt think these would be on the shelves till Febuary of 2011

bkusna
11-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Didnt think these would be on the shelves till Febuary of 2011
When these figures start showing up on Ebay loose, then expect retailers to get them pretty soon...I've already seen several on sale from factory workers in china who post these for sale....

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/010TVC_AOTCWavePadme01_Full.jpg

nohagent
11-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Are the factory workers like stealing these from the factories? I thought they were like cheap reproduced items. Either way shame on them unless they are legit "factory gifts"

bkusna
11-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Are the factory workers like stealing these from the factories? I thought they were like cheap reproduced items. Either way shame on them unless they are legit "factory gifts"
most of the guys buying these report that they ARE factory seconds (paint blemishes and what not), but you really can't tell unless you're a avid collector...So yes we ALL can tell because we are ALL avid collectors...They range anywhere from $5.99-$16.99 per figure plus shipping...I don't need figures that bad, I just wait a couple weeks until retailers get them here in Oklahoma

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2010, 04:47 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=42640

Because this thread already exists.

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 04:56 PM

That picture kindof looks like a cheap knock-off sadly...

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 05:09 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=42640

Because this thread already exists.

Who goes to the next page! lol

/killthread

bigbarada
11-17-2010, 08:16 PM
This entire wave is a pass for me. Once I find wave 3, then I'll just be sitting on my thumbs until the next ROTJ figures are released (which will hopefully be Kithaba and the Weequay Skiffmaster).

DarkJedi5
11-17-2010, 08:25 PM
This entire wave is a pass for me. Once I find wave 3, then I'll just be sitting on my thumbs until the next ROTJ figures are released (which will hopefully be Kithaba and the Weequay Skiffmaster).

Off topic for a wave 4 thread but a new rumor list mentions ROTJ figs in waves 6, 7, and 8 with the Skiff Master in 6 and Kithaba listed in 8 but it's just a rumor.

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Off topic for a wave 4 thread but a new rumor list mentions ROTJ figs in waves 6, 7, and 8 with the Skiff Master in 6 and Kithaba listed in 8 but it's just a rumor.

Hes right it was talking about this on www.rebelscum.com (http://www.rebelscum.com)

Heres what they said:

Rumor Report: The Vintage Collection
Posted by Curto (curto@rebelscum.com) on November 17, 2010 at 01:55 PM CST:

The holonet has been buzzing with activity today and our rebel spies are hard at work! We've got a new rumor list of action figures for The Vintage Collection!

Basic Figures
Of course nothing is officially announced right now, and there is plenty of time before we'll be seeing these figures in stores, so it's likely this rumor list will be challenged/modified/critiqued before all is said and done. Some details remain unclear of course, so feel free to start speculating!

Wave 6
Luke Skywalker
Clone (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rumor_Report_The_Vintage_Collection_134998.asp#) Trooper
AT-RT Driver
General Lando
Weequay Skiff Master
Fi Ek Sirch

Wave 7
Bespin Han Solo
Barris Offee
Rebel Blockade Trooper
Logray
Fordo
Bom Vimdin

Wave 8
Kithaba
Dr Evazan
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
501st Clone Trooper

Regular Rebelscum readers may recognize some of these names from earlier reports, and if you've been following our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/rebelscumcom) or my new Twitter account (http://twitter.com/dancurto), these will not be new rumors. But if you haven't -- then they are new to you!

As always, nothing is official at the moment. But speculating is part of the fun of being a fan!

bigbarada
11-17-2010, 08:30 PM

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

;)

I'm actually beside myself with excitement at the prospect that we might actually see a Kithaba prototype as early as February for ToyFair 2011.

bkusna
11-17-2010, 08:34 PM
I hope your rumor turns out to be true!!!! that would be awesome!!!! I'm not going to bash you like others do about posting rumors.....I , on the other hand, like new info about upcoming waves

bigbarada
11-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I hope your rumor turns out to be true!!!! that would be awesome!!!! I'm not going to bash you like others do about posting rumors.....I , on the other hand, like new info about upcoming waves

There can never be a bad rumor when Skiff Guards are involved. :D

Slicker
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I heard that they're gonna make the Tonnika Sisters too! :love:

El Chuxter
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
There can never be a bad rumor when Skiff Guards are involved. :D

What if the rumors are that they accidentally melted the mold for Kithaba and decided not to make him?

bigbarada
11-18-2010, 05:53 PM
What if the rumors are that they accidentally melted the mold for Kithaba and decided not to make him?

You just totally harshed my mellow. Thanks. :mad:

tagmac
11-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Still no Tarkin or Slave Leia on the lists. Along with the Rebel Blockade Trooper, these figures should have been made all along as part of the original vintage figs, so getting them on the cards now is a MUST - I would buy all three as repacks just to get the cards that never were.

DarkJedi5
11-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Still no Tarkin or Slave Leia on the lists. Along with the Rebel Blockade Trooper, these figures should have been made all along as part of the original vintage figs, so getting them on the cards now is a MUST - I would buy all three as repacks just to get the cards that never were.

Which Tarkin would you buy as a repack; the POTF2 version or the ROTS version? In my opinion they would both be terrible figures by today's standards as the POTF2 figure has no articulation and is a soft sculpt while the ROTS one would not be accurate. As far as Leia goes, I just bought Slave Leia a few like last year, a small number put into a case assortment would be fine but these could really sit on the pegs like 4-LOM who was also available recently but was repacked on a Vintage card.

DarkArtist
11-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Which Tarkin would you buy as a repack; the POTF2 version or the ROTS version? In my opinion they would both be terrible figures by today's standards as the POTF2 figure has no articulation and is a soft sculpt while the ROTS one would not be accurate. As far as Leia goes, I just bought Slave Leia a few like last year, a small number put into a case assortment would be fine but these could really sit on the pegs like 4-LOM who was also available recently but was repacked on a Vintage card.

if Hasbro was to give us a Grand Moff Tarkin figure on a Vintage card I would go for either a kitbash of the ROTS mold with the POTF head sculpt (although truth be told I really want an all new sculpted Tarkin with SA and spot on Peter Crushing likeness)

as far as Princess Leia is concerned: while the BAD figure is by far the best Slave Leia to date and yes I have one of her already.... I really want to see her on a Vintage Card. I would prefer the Slave Leia from Last Year on a Vintage card with perhaps the classic throne image or the image of her attacking the skiff guard...

I know we are suppossed to be getting a Sandstorm Leia as well so that will be a nice welcome as well in addition to either the Bespin Escape Leia (please Hasbro make this one) or the Bespin Gown Leia (again please make this one too Hasbro)

as for the AOTC wave... i'm looking forward to getting Peasant Anakin, Peasant Padme, Jango and Zam Wessel. these figures look great and the updated Zam and Anakin are well overdue and needed...they were perhaps my favorite figures shown at CV.

hoping this wave hits roughly around the Christmas Holidays but wouldn't mind if it was delayed for a till mid January so I can save up some $$$.:thumbsup:

tagmac
11-21-2010, 02:52 PM

It would have to be the original (if not an outright resculpt), as it's the ANH Tarkin that deserves the Vintage card treatment, not the "blink-and-you'll-miss him" ROTS one).

As for Slave Leia, the Sandstorm figure is a nice addition to go with Luke, Han, and Chewie, but the card would clearly be a cut scene photo. A regular Slave Leia on a Vintage Card is what is needed to fulfill the wishlist of many of us who never understood why she and Tarkin were never released as part of the original Vintage line.

While on that subject. Beru and Owen Lars probably ALSO deserve such a release, as they were strangely left out during the original run as well.

DarkJedi5
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
If they really wanted to make fans happy they would take the sandstorm Leia they are planning and put it on a vintage card as Slave Leia and then just leave out the sculpted legs and include whatever the extra pieces are that make it sandstorm Leia. Fans get to complete their sandstorm scene (if they're into that, I never saw the point and passed on the others) while still getting that Slave Leia they always wanted on a Vintage card.

While on that subject. Beru and Owen Lars probably ALSO deserve such a release, as they were strangely left out during the original run as well.

Not to keep picking on you here but you think it was odd that Beru and Owen didn't get figures? Come to think of it, it's probably the same reason Tarkin never got a figure: they don't do anything cool. Owen is just grumpy, Beru has like ten lines and all Tarkin does is bark orders. I think that the line originally had no idea how successful this all would be and wanted to stick to the most exciting characters. Old people are boring! Unless they have a lightsaber.

I think even today, Tarkin would have to see a limited run, after Needa sat on the pegs for some time I get the impression kids don't need an officer corps for their Star Destroyer. And my point before about Tarkin was that a rerelease just isn't feasible. The ROTS figure wasn't great and isn't a good likeness of ANH Tarkin and no one would buy the POTF2 version, it's gotta be a new one. Though they've got a good Imperial officer's body, I suppose they just need to sculpt up a good Peter Cushing likeness. Owen and Beru as they appeared in the OT would have to be even more limited. I would like to see a resculpt of Owen since the likeness was never very good and a refresh of Beru but the AOTC versions of these characters didn't sell particularly well either and so it's probably gonna have to be a collector targeted set that doesn't suck like the Homestead set did. BTW if you want one I think my TRU still has them. Just saying....

bigbarada
11-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Not to keep picking on you here but you think it was odd that Beru and Owen didn't get figures? Come to think of it, it's probably the same reason Tarkin never got a figure: they don't do anything cool. Owen is just grumpy, Beru has like ten lines and all Tarkin does is bark orders. I think that the line originally had no idea how successful this all would be and wanted to stick to the most exciting characters. Old people are boring! Unless they have a lightsaber.

I agree completely, the vintage line was designed for children and no kid wants to play with a grumpy old man or an old lady who does nothing memorable aside from pouring milk. Of course, Ben Kenobi was an old man, but he was an old man with a lightsaber who fought Darth Vader. Kids want exciting toys and no amount of screentime or spoken lines are going to make up for a boring character in the mind of a child. So there was nothing "strange" about Owen and Beru being left out of the vintage toy line. Kenner wanted the Star Wars toy line to be successful and you don't do that by filling it with action figures of old people.

Tarkin is kind of a different story, since Kenner actually had plans to make a figure of him for proposed 1985-1986 line extension, but the line was cancelled before he ever got past the concept stage:
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=50965

He is actually the primary villain in ANH, but he is more of a passive villain, since he never actually engages our heroes in combat (aside from verbal confrontations). So it's still really no surprise that he wasn't made in the 1978-1979 assortments, but it would have been cool to see what Kenner had planned if the line had continued and Tarkin was released in 1986.

Qui-Long Gone
11-24-2010, 04:37 AM
^Yoda was also a good exception to the "old" character appeal to kids...mostly because he was a sort of kung-fu-mystic-muppet.

Obsession is Nute
12-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Just stopping on in. I remember some people saying we might get this wave before Christmas...

I don't think I will see AOTC for a while. Right now, ROTJ is very scarce and most of my pegs are loaded with Sandtroopers, Phase I and Phase II Clonetroopers. I hope these get worked through soon. I hope Hasbro has not totally overestimated the market for Troopers.

Anyone seeing anything radically different in their area?

Qui-Long Gone
12-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Anyone seeing anything radically different in their area?

People in the town 40 minutes south of me are seeing waves 4 and 5 consistently, but here (just 2 minutes from a Walmart distribution center mind you) I am only seeing the ESB pegwarmers! XMas around the corner and nothing aroung here? Strange.

DarkJedi5
12-17-2010, 12:35 PM
People in the town 40 minutes south of me are seeing waves 4 and 5 consistently, but here (just 2 minutes from a Walmart distribution center mind you) I am only seeing the ESB pegwarmers! XMas around the corner and nothing aroung here? Strange.

Huh? Waves 4 and 5 are the AOTC and first mixed waves... I think you mean 2 and 3 (ROTS and ROTJ). But if you're right, remind me to move to the town 40 minutes south of you.

Qui-Long Gone
12-17-2010, 02:00 PM
I think you mean 2 and 3 (ROTS and ROTJ)

Of course....my bad...:laugh:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Unless you check out Q-LG's eBay account for wave 4 and 5 figures recently on sale... :p

Tauntaunt
12-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I like the Senate Guard,SBD and jango fett(this mostly because of the card).

The other characters are too lame(Padme,Anakin,etc)

The good thing about these figures are the cards,But Hasbro MUST choose more cool characters(instead main) like Droidekas(Destroyer droids)Battle Droids(including OOM-9)and the Aliens.Otherwise the Vintage collection will end up with some Boring Jedis and 60-70 Anakins and padmes(Wich are also pretty Boring).

I`m interested in the Vintage line mostly for the cards.:thumbsup:

Obsession is Nute
12-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I like the Senate Guard,SBD and jango fett(this mostly because of the card).

The other characters are too lame(Padme,Anakin,etc)

The good thing about these figures are the cards,But Hasbro MUST choose more cool characters(instead main) like Droidekas(Destroyer droids)Battle Droids(including OOM-9)and the Aliens.Otherwise the Vintage collection will end up with some Boring Jedis and 60-70 Anakins and padmes(Wich are also pretty Boring).

I`m interested in the Vintage line mostly for the cards.:thumbsup:

I agree. Especially on the battle droids. They need to retire the absolutely ridiculous 2 pack mold they are using and go back to the AOTC/ROTS mold that held the blaster rifle properly. I could definitely army build with these guys back on the shelves.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree. Especially on the battle droids. They need to retire the absolutely ridiculous 2 pack mold they are using and go back to the AOTC/ROTS mold that held the blaster rifle properly. I could definitely army build with these guys back on the shelves.
I like the two-pack sculpt aside from it not being able to hold the blaster with two hands. The AOTC/ROTS sculpt has extremely gummy legs; making them more brittle would pose a safety hazard due to snapping possibilities. The articulated knees and ankles of the new one are the best option I've seen aside from making them chunky and inaccurate. If they gave the current sculpt the ability to hold the blaster like in the films, and didn't pack them at a 1-to-1 commander-to-grunt ratio, then I'd buy a ton more of them.

Obsession is Nute
01-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I hope these arrive on the shelves sooner than later. Feels like an eternity since ROTJ arrived.

Obsession is Nute
01-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Another week goes by and nothing...

Qui-Long Gone
01-16-2011, 08:11 AM
I hope these arrive on the shelves sooner than later. Feels like an eternity since ROTJ arrived.

Feels even longer to those parts in the country where ROTJ have yet to arrive!

DJay23
01-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi, I'm new to posting, but I've been following this forum for about a month.

I recently got back into collecting (inspired by the great Return of the Jedi Wave), and have been checking the stores in my area as regularly as I can. I've been waiting in anticipation to see Wave 4.

My wife and I went grocery shopping at our local Super Wal Mart (Bloomsburg, PA) and I checked the toy aisle as I usually do. Since Christmas it has mostly been overstock Clone Wars stuff (which I am not into) and TVC peg warmers ROTS Clone Trooper, Sandtrooper, Obi wan, Anakin etc. So yesterday I was surprised to see TVC pegs literally bulging with figures. I thought for sure Wave 4 had arrived. To my dismay it was Wave 3, which I have completed. There were also a few General Grievous so I picked one up (hadn't gotten him yet, I'd passed on him a month ago when I was still trying to get all of the ROTJ figures).

So I realize I just posted no news, but I found it strange/disappointing that Wave 4 is supposed to be out anytime and Wal Mart is putting out an old wave. Back stock I assume. After Christmas they actually rearranged the action figure aisle and for a week or so the TVC area sat mainly empty, which I thought meant something.

Well, if nothing else, you guys have another set of eyes out there. Happy collecting!

Obsession is Nute
01-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Feels even longer to those parts in the country where ROTJ have yet to arrive!

Seriously? You must have the patience of a Jedi to wait that long.

It is easy to loose perspective. I always gripe that Iowa gets figures 2-3 weeks after they start showing up in LA. But waiting for months?! I hope the force will send you a shipment here soon, brother.

bkusna
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Found wave 4 just now at the same walmart I found wave 5 yesterday....only one case...Been to 6 walmarts and this one is the only one with new figures

Bel-Cam Jos
01-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Nothing here in my area of SoCal, but then I haven't been looking around much. To be honest, I can't think of any figures I'd say I would HAVE to have in this wave, but should I see them, I may reach for the pegs anyway (whether I take it to the checkout is another story).

DarkArtist
01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
no sighting in Jersey by me yet. looking forward to seeing the new Anakin, Padme, Zam and Jango along with Wave 5 Luke and Han.

hoping they get released soon.

jonthejedi
01-27-2011, 08:26 AM
...nothing in my part of MD, although someone over at rebelscum.com found a case at a VA Wally. Back to back storms, snow & freezing rain probably not helping, either.

El Chuxter
02-14-2011, 02:49 AM
I saw the remnants today: Padme, Kit, Super Battle Droid, and, IIRC, Jango.

I was saddened to see that Kit is the crappy-looking ROTS version on an AOTC card. I don't even want to consider ROTS Kit. He's ugly. Period. (I still can't fathom why they replaced the excellent AOTC mask with an inferior one that doesn't even look like the same character! And this is more obvious when the card image is basically a different character from the actual figure; it's like showing an ROTS Anakin photo with a TPM Anakin figure.)

Padme became the first casualty of the increased prices. I thought briefly about getting her, but it didn't take more than a couple of seconds to come to the conclusion that she absolutely does not look like she's worth nine bucks. (Partly this was the incredibly bad paint on the one I saw, but mostly it was that she looks more like a 2005 figure than a 2011 figure. Even the adorable cardback couldn't make me drop that kind of money on that figure.)

Pity. I had really been looking forward to Padme. Perhaps if I see her at the same time as Anakin, I might be swayed to buy them both.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I was saddened to see that Kit is the crappy-looking ROTS version on an AOTC card. I don't even want to consider ROTS Kit. He's ugly. Period. (I still can't fathom why they replaced the excellent AOTC mask with an inferior one that doesn't even look like the same character! And this is more obvious when the card image is basically a different character from the actual figure; it's like showing an ROTS Anakin photo with a TPM Anakin figure.)
I talked to them about this at CV. Kit was pushed back from the ROTS wave, but they ended up putting him on an AOTC card. There was some discussion about this but they obviously ended up doing what they did.

Obsession is Nute
02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
I was saddened to see that Kit is the crappy-looking ROTS version on an AOTC card. I don't even want to consider ROTS Kit. He's ugly. Period. (I still can't fathom why they replaced the excellent AOTC mask with an inferior one that doesn't even look like the same character! And this is more obvious when the card image is basically a different character from the actual figure; it's like showing an ROTS Anakin photo with a TPM Anakin figure.).

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one repulsed by the crappy revision of Kit Fisto in ROTS. I liked the mask used in AOTC, it was warm and had expression. The ROTS mask looks completely different. It has no expression, is cold...I just don't like it. Worse, it has become the default basis for all Hasbro figures! I want my AOTC Kit Fisto with his sassy little grin!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Out of all the unique Kit Fisto head sculpts, only two have been from ROTS, and the other three (including 2009's Geonosis Target version) were based on AOTC. Again, this is only based on his ROTS appearance because it was originally going to be with the ROTS wave.

tagmac
02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Finally found the wave last night. They had one of each, except for Mace (strangely). Picked up Anakin, Padme, Zam, Fisto, and Obi-Wan, although I'm gonna return Kenobi seeing as I already have the original version of this repaint. The odd thing is that all these figures were still there, yet there had clearly been a case of Wave 5 with them, as evidenced by the Greivous that was still on the pegs. I'm actually surprised someone bought Han, Luke, R5, and the Utapau Clone, yet left the brand new figures still on the pegs (although it might explain why Mace was gone).

sonofsokol
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
I found remnants of this wave at Walmart this morning. They had the Super Battle Droid and Obi-wan on the shelf, but not the ones I was hoping to find.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Finally found the wave last night. They had one of each, except for Mace (strangely). Picked up Anakin, Padme, Zam, Fisto, and Obi-Wan, although I'm gonna return Kenobi seeing as I already have the original version of this repaint. The odd thing is that all these figures were still there, yet there had clearly been a case of Wave 5 with them, as evidenced by the Greivous that was still on the pegs. I'm actually surprised someone bought Han, Luke, R5, and the Utapau Clone, yet left the brand new figures still on the pegs (although it might explain why Mace was gone).

Grievous is shipping with wave 4 as well, so wonder no more.

jedibear
02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Saw this wave (finally) at WM tonight. I picked up Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan.
The paint jobs on all three looked pretty good.
Had to get Obi-Wan...yes, he's pretty close to what was released a couple years ago, but having this great figure on a Vintage card that says "Attack of the Clones" is pretty cool, I think.
I like both the Anakin and Padme figures. Fabric works well on both (really like the neat way the poncho is stitched on Anakin).

The rest of the wave looked pretty good, but these figures are awfully expensive now...

I may pick up a Mace (new head sculpt looks real good) and a Zam Wessell (also really well done). The SBD looks good carded...can't tell if it's the same flimsy, easily warped plastic the others were made of or not, but at least the coloring...that gun-metal sliver/gray...finally looks right. I wish Jango wasn't wearing the poncho on the card...he would display better with that cool card with it in the tray behind the figure, I think.

Yeah...it's unfortunate that Hasbro keeps using that same stoic ROTS sculpt for Kit Fisto...would've liked a greener, grinning one on this card...

And I think the Senate Guard is kinda an odd choice for the "Vintage" wave for AOTC...why not a new, decked out Count Dooku instead?

All n'all, a decent looking wave of figures.

Obsession is Nute
02-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Out of all the unique Kit Fisto head sculpts, only two have been from ROTS, and the other three (including 2009's Geonosis Target version) were based on AOTC. Again, this is only based on his ROTS appearance because it was originally going to be with the ROTS wave.

Really? The coloring and eyes on all the Kit figures, with the exception of the AOTC figure, appeared more in line with ROTS than AOTC. If those are supposed to be AOTC, then no wonder I was not impresed. I will stick with AOTC figure!

sonofsokol
02-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Hasbro toyshop has some of this wave in stock right now... does anybody have a promo code?
As of 10 seconds ago they have Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Anakin, Padme, and the SBD

DarkArtist
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
no sign of this wave in Jersey yet, or least in the stores by me...getting frustrated..might have to consider buying them from HTS or ordering a case from an e-retailer like EE or BBTS.

jamesbondo07
02-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Found most of this wave at walmart yesterday. Still missing Anakin and Kit.

Snowtrooper
02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Hasbro toyshop has some of this wave in stock right now... does anybody have a promo code?
As of 10 seconds ago they have Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Anakin, Padme, and the SBD

The only code I know of right now is DISC10 for the usual 10% off.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2011, 07:11 PM
The only code I know of right now is DISC10 for the usual 10% off.Has anyone ever tried DISC99 for a major discount? :rolleyes:

Darth Metalmute
02-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Found this wave at Walmart today.
It's a nice looking wave. The only disappointment for me is the SBD has yet to have wrist articulation. The winner of this wave, IMO, is either Zam or Fett. The fact that Zam comes with a second head is great. The Fett card is amazing.

jedibear
02-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Yes, the Fett card is pretty cool...I just wish they had packed him with the poncho tucked behind the figure...with the photo on the card and the color scheme, he'd really pop right off that card instead of looking like he's covered with a blanket...

Sure hope this wave comes by again...want to pick up a Zam and a Mace...and yes, a Jango too.

Still amazed that there was no Dooku in this wave...a really nice new version of him would be cool...

TheDarthVader
02-27-2011, 09:26 AM
I saw Anakin, Kit, Obi Wan, and SBD at one Wal Mart. I picked up Kit and Obi Wan. I am interested in Jango and Mace as well. I will pass on the others (focusing on Jedi).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2011, 01:09 AM
I finally found and got some from this wave - Obi-Wan, Zam, Kit, and the SBD. Thankfully they're finally showing up in my area.

JediTricks
03-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Found all of this wave except for Jango at WM the other day, but at $8 a pop, the only figures that I bought were the Senate guard and Zam. I normally would have bought 2 senate guards, but at these prices, there's not enough incentive to go there.

For you variant chasers, the Senate guard figures they had (3) were all the far-away portrait.

The senate guard is ok, it's a bit odd to see the body underneath is mostly the same as the ROTS release from 6 years ago though - the only difference is new arms, but not even new gloves, and better hand articulation would have been nice considering how challenging a pose this figure needs to take there. There's a lot of cloak to work with, and the outer cloak's unusual felt material doesn't fold the way this costume needs, but it has the texture it requires, so it's a workable trade off. The new shoulders have asymmetrical armor from each other, not unlike the Clone Wars counterpart. The big selling point is the new helmet and head design, there's a separate face under the helmet and it looks great, but instead of doing some annoying oversized removable helmet, they simply opted for a partial head beneath, and it works better. The coloring on this figure is more accurate, but won't mesh well with the previous version. All in all, a good figure, but the lack of folds in the cloak keep me from really going over the moon for it.

Zam has 2 heads, the clawdite one is almost spot-on, the bifurcated nose and hollow cheeks really sell it - the eyes are good, but not quite the rotation, and the jaw line is too wide, and it's a bit too green, but those are small compared to what does work. The human one is decent, but out of the helmet it's a bit too wide, and something about the mouth makes it look older than it should. The outfit is well sculpted, although the pants are sculpted and painted like the top, which isn't accurate, they should be a thinner material that hugs a little better, and a little lighter in color. Her belt has a holster, but it's entirely useless for her blaster, too narrow for the gun's weak barrel. The figure is super articulated, although the standard wrists don't provide quite enough range to use the sniper rifle well.

The big selling point on this figure, in Hasbro's mind apparently, is the helmet. The helmet is removable, has both the folded down and folded up scarf, and movable microbinocs. That's a lot of stuff going on. Unfortunately, the helmet is a tad bulky to cover all those bases, and the face-covering version of the scarf is even bulkier. The real problem I have though is a total blunder of the microbinocs, they are not only too bulky, but the armature is shaped wrong so instead of sitting above the helmet, it sits in front of it, covering up the helmet and looking altogether inaccurate. Frustratingly, if they had simply addressed the angle of a few things, they could have gotten it RIGHT (the armature going behind the helmet) and still made them usable.

All in all, Zam is a figure a good figure, but with a few elements that really keep it from being a star.

El Chuxter
03-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Saw Padme (again), Obi-Wan, and Zam today. I think it's the wait we've had around here, combined with the price hike and the fact they're from the weakest SW movie, but I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Zam looked quite nice, though, and there's no way she could be worse than either 2002 figure (and those two were the only two, right?).

DarkJedi5
04-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Got most of this wave yesterday from HTS and I'm a little disappointed in the Kit Fisto figure. The lower torso just will not stay connected to the upper torso, like the ball is too small for the hole.... Anyone else noticing this or did I just get a bum figure?

sonofsokol
04-27-2011, 08:45 AM
That's a bummer...my Kit Fisto figure stays together fine and he gets played with by a 5-year-old.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2011, 09:26 AM
I finally saw some of this wave yesterday, after none for weeks. Alas, none of the few figs I would actually buy were on the pegs, though, so no re-investing in the local community for me. :(

tagmac
05-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Noticed a running change to the Senate Guard. In the Wave 6 shipments, the picture on the card has changed to a long shot, as opposed to the close-up from the Wave 4 assortments. Still didn't pick him up, but I thought some folks might be interested.